Acme Acres

Welcome Toonsters, to Acme Acres! Your place for all things Tiny Toon Adventures!
It is currently Wednesday, July 26th, 2017 - 18:34:38

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: KON DUCKI
PostPosted: Monday, July 09th, 2012 - 11:10:02 
Animaniac

Favorite Character(s): Plucky,Hamton,SweetieDizzy etc
It seems that every great T.V. show has that one episode. You know the one, it's the entry of a series where in the writers, performers, animators, etc, were all at the utmost of their game. If that one episode isn't truely the best in the series then at the very least it's the most beloved. For "I Love Lucy" it's "Job Switching" for "Mystery Science Theater 3000" it's "Manos: Hands of Fate" and for "Tiny Toon Adventures" I'm growing ever increasingly convinced that that episode is in fact "Kon Ducki". In the words of the great Joey Styles "eh, It's a controversial statment, but I'll make it!" :) Okay, I'm not even going to try and disguise it folks :oops: this is my all time favorite episode of Tiny Toon Adventures! I didn't come to that conclusion over night either. I've watched the TTA series countless times throughout my existence on this planet, there are episodes that I absolutely adore, there are a few episodes that I really don't care all that much for, but "Kon Ducki" is always the one that I look the most foward to seeing again. In some ways I can't quite put my finger on why I consider it the best. :| Is it because the jokes are so fast, furious, unrelenting and on target? Is it because Plucky, Hamton and Sweetie are all in such top notch and perfect comedic form here? Perhaps it has something to do with the fact that TMS(who were almost always great)churned out one of their most beautifully drawn and animated works in this one :?: Well regardless, this to me is the perfect Tiny Toons episode. Whenever I introduce someone new to the series, I always use Kon Ducki as the first impression. It hasn't failed to make a new TTA fan yet. 8-) Now, why would I think that this episode is slowly becoming the vocal point of the entire series? It's because more and more people have been talking so much about it over the last decade, and the things they've said about it are pretty much always positive. :D While the TTA fanfiction scene has been......disappointing to say the very least, :cry: people who are fans that simply watch the show and leave it at that, have been reevaluating the various episodes of the series. As someone who was always alone in the past in trying to praise this twenty minutes of masterful hilarity, to see it finally get it's well deserved day in the sun is a great thing to see. :mrgreen: Even people who haven't seen Tiny Toons since they were six years old(almost two decades ago :o ) are somehow able to remember "Kon Ducki" over any other episode. They can quote things like "ah mango juice!", "nice move Popeye!", "One more cheery cliche and I'll turn your face inside out!" and "Pluggy Doug" yet can't recall a single line from "Prom-ise Her Anything" or "Buster & Babs go Hawaiian", that's gotta count for something. ;)

Kon Ducki is a parody of the voyage of the Kon-Tiki, headed by Thor Heyerdahl an explorer from Norway.(with a name like that could he have been from anywhere else? :lol:) Plucky Du-er I mean Pluck Heyerdahl is out to prove that his ancient ancesters(from the 1970's :lol:)sailed to their migrating spot rather than flew there. Along for this journey are trusted assistant Koom-Bye-Ya(Hamton J. Pig giving his best performence as wide eyed sidekick since Decoy The Pig Hostage :D)and Little Parrot(Sweetie Pie who suprisingly gels with the Plucky/Hamton dynamic seamlessly, to the point where she even ends up stealing a few scenes. Giving futher credence to my earlier statments that she's a criminally underrated character.:P) The voyage is just none stop jokes and sight gags from beginning to end. Kon Ducki doesn't know the meaning of the word downtime. :) For what ever reason, the writers were in rare form and firing on all cylinders during the production of this episode and it shows. Just when you thought it couldn't get any funnier, the second half of Kon Ducki (entitled "The Making of Kon Ducky" for some reason they changed the spelling for this)is dedicated to taking a swipe at the entire motion picture industry. Many of the other TTA characters make amusing cameos here. :D

Is Kon Ducki really the "it" entry of the series? I'm not fully sure, it could be that it's recent fame and recognition are just a passing fad. :( But to me, it'll always be the best. ;) There's no badguys in it, just Plucky, Hamton and Sweetie having their personalities and character quirks used to there absolute fullest. I was surprised to find out that there wasn't a full blown Kon Ducki topic on here, but it also made me happy because that meant that I could start the topic of my favorite episode.(and use it to celebrate my 100th post while I'm at it. :lol:)

Here it is in all it's unbridled glory :mrgreen: since it's becoming more and more apparent that seasons two and three are not going to be coming out on dvd....I think I can post this here. :?

ImageImage

Post subject: Re: KON DUCKI
PostPosted: Monday, July 09th, 2012 - 14:05:43 
Sketch

It's my favorite episode also! Just look at my username! :D

PostPosted: Tuesday, July 10th, 2012 - 07:05:25 
Animaniac

:lol: that's awesome man!

ImageImage

PostPosted: Friday, September 07th, 2012 - 20:59:50 
Musical Score

Favorite Character(s): Babs, Dot, Fifi, Gogo
This is certainly a great episode. The mango juice part is probably one of the best things in TV history. As for Sweetie, she's not really one of my favorite characters, but I don't hate her, and she's really good in this one. The part with the Keep on Truckin' poster and 8-tracks is pretty funny, probably because I'm into stuff like that. I have that as a tin sign in my room. It would've been funny if they did a joke about the 8-track breaking, because it's my understanding that that's mostly what they did. The only real problem I have with this episode is Babs isn't in it, and that just doesn't sit right with me for some reason. Other than that, though, I agree, one of the best. :)

PostPosted: Thursday, December 27th, 2012 - 03:31:45 
Animaniac

I'm reposting this on account that the old one got taken down. :oops:

ImageImage

PostPosted: Saturday, December 29th, 2012 - 14:57:14 
Animaniac

Favorite Character(s): Fifi La Fume and Rita
Thanks for re-posting this, Injun.

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

PostPosted: Friday, February 10th, 2017 - 07:52:46 
Layout

Favorite Character(s): Hamton Fifi Plucky Shirley
Today marks the 25th anniversary of this episode's broadcast! :D

Kon Ducki was first shown on February 10th, 1992. It's arguably one of the greatest episodes the show made. Personally, I'm one of those people who thinks so. It's one hilarious gag after another in this hilarious voyage with abundant references to the 1970s.

Here's to 25 years of Mango Juice! :lol:

PostPosted: Friday, February 10th, 2017 - 09:15:19 
Toon

Favorite Character(s): Babs, Plucky
This is one of my favorites as well. It's jam packed with hilarious gags, pop culutur references, and mango juice. I still wonder how Hamton could mess up a line as simple as "Ahh! Mango Juice!".

PostPosted: Friday, February 10th, 2017 - 12:48:37 
Animaniac

Favorite Character(s): Fifi La Fume and Rita
Seems like Plucky was the only one who liked Kon Ducki.

Even Sweetie, who worked on the movie, didn't agree with the script.

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

PostPosted: Friday, February 10th, 2017 - 15:09:44 
Toon

Favorite Character(s): Babs, Plucky
Ironically, the episode itself is a fan favorite. The only reason thr toons hated it is because Plucky is the resident Butt Monkey, which means everything bad happens to him. Then again, they were expecting s big epic, so of course they'd be disappointed.