Acme Acres

Welcome Toonsters, to Acme Acres! Your place for all things Tiny Toon Adventures!
It is currently Saturday, August 19th, 2017 - 21:47:19

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Thursday, September 27th, 2012 - 18:15:53 
Inked Cell

Favorite Character(s): Babs Bunny
Emerl1000 wrote:
Injun-Joe wrote:
This is great news and all but, where are seasons 2 and 3 WB?

If this sells enough then maybe this (and Animaniacs) will get their last volumes released.

Seems to be a very logical theory!!

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Tiny-Toon-Adventures-Volume-3/17543 wrote:
Long-Awaited 'Volume 3' DVD Brings Toons from 2nd, 3rd Seasons! - 12:51 PM 9/27/2012
Are you sitting down for this one? At long last we've got a DVD announcement for "Tiny Toon Adventures - Volume 3: Crazy Crew Rescues"!! But is it really everything you would want it to be? Find out, over at the TVShowsOnDVD News.
URL: http://www.TVShowsOnDVD.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=17543
Priced at $19.97, you'll get ALMOST all the second season episodes, and four from the third season. Why "almost?" The one episode left out of the studio-provided list will come as no surprise to in-depth fans of the show: the 3rd episode of the 2nd season, "Elephant Issues," included a segment called "One Beer." In this controversial segment Buster, Plucky and Hamton become intoxicated, and there are dire consequences. The public outcry was so great after the show first broadcast this episode, that it's never been re-broadcast again. It apparently is being left off the DVD as well, because it's not mentioned in the list of episodes provided by Warner:

Disc 1
Pledge Day
Going Places
Hog-Wild Hamton
Playtime Toons
Toon Physics
Acme Cable TV
Buster and Babs Go Hawaiian
Henny Youngman Day

Disc 2
Love Disconnection
Kon Ducki
Sepulveda Boulevard
Take Elmyra Please
Thirteensomething
New Class Day
Fox Trot
What Makes Toons Tick

not on amazon yet though...

=================
================================================================
Image Image Image

PostPosted: Thursday, September 27th, 2012 - 19:30:18 
Background

Favorite Character(s): Skippy Squirrel
Good to hear, but it would have been much simpler to just release one final volume with the same amount of episodes from the last two. Why look a gift horse in the mouth though.

PostPosted: Thursday, September 27th, 2012 - 19:59:08 
Sketch

Now just if A! Volume 4 could be released.

PostPosted: Thursday, September 27th, 2012 - 21:06:58 
Background

PluckHeyerdahl wrote:
Now just if A! Volume 4 could be released.

First let them release "Wakko's Wish", then we'll get the fourth (and probably fifth if they repeat what they're doing to Tiny Toons) volume.

PostPosted: Friday, September 28th, 2012 - 05:21:09 
Animaniac

Favorite Character(s): Fifi La Fume and Rita
I hope the good people behind Disney DVD are taking notes.

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

PostPosted: Saturday, September 29th, 2012 - 11:39:59 
Animaniac

Favorite Character(s): Plucky,Hamton,SweetieDizzy etc
huh...Looks like this isn't quite the definitive collection it was shaping up to be. :? The fact that the episode they wussed out on, contains one of my very favorite TTA cartoons of all time and certainly one of the funniest "One Beer" chaps my derriere to no end. :evil: Oh well, seasons two and three contain many of the show's best episodes so I guess I can grin and bear it. I wonder though, since they dipped into the rather short third season for this set, do you think this could mean that volume 4(if there is to be a volume 4 :roll:) will include the Spring Break and Night Ghoulery specials? Because otherwise vol.4 will be really short.....and probably overpriced! :x

here's what you won't see in vol.3. Tell me, was this really so bad that it had to be left out? Especially considering that a majority of the people who are going to buy this set are well over eighteen. :roll:

ImageImage

PostPosted: Saturday, September 29th, 2012 - 15:16:50 
Background

It's a shame because Warner Brothers (for the most part) don't edit their older stuff. Most of the cartoon collections have advisers that warn of racist or sexist content and state that it is just a product of their time. Is it so hard to put in a two second warning and then show the "One Beer" episode? Besides, most cartoons these days have much worse stuff than a seven minute alcohol segment.

PostPosted: Saturday, September 29th, 2012 - 16:25:06 
Animaniac

I once saw some a couple of Rocko's Modern Life cartoons where a swear word is used and there's nudity. Despite that, the episodes were on the season one DVD set, AND there was no warning regarding the content. Why Warner Bros. won't release One Beer, I'll never know.

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

PostPosted: Sunday, September 30th, 2012 - 13:35:47 
Musical Score

Favorite Character(s): Babs, Dot, Fifi, Gogo
It's certainly great that they're finally getting around to the later episodes, but I have a few nitpicks. First of all, I don't know why they're still skating around Elephant Issues. It was banned 20 years ago. Get over it. Not to mention, like it was said above, it's not like there're any little kids watching this anymore. The DVD market is pretty much for teenagers and adults that watched the show when they were younger. Also, it would make more sense just to do the last 33 episodes in one, but if this does lead to the holiday specials being released it'll turn out alright. It doesn't make much sense that now they're doing "volume 3" when before it had been by the actual seasons. With Animaniacs it makes more sense because their season numbers were more erratic. Plus, the cover art for this is kind of weird. Babs looks way too tall, and why is Dizzy on everything now? He was on the cover of the new Summer Vacation DVD; is really that popular of a character?
But, at least they're gonna be on DVD, so all that's secondary. Sorry for the rant. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Sunday, September 30th, 2012 - 18:41:52 
Background

Mopar96 wrote:
Plus, the cover art for this is kind of weird. Babs looks way too tall, and why is Dizzy on everything now? He was on the cover of the new Summer Vacation DVD; is really that popular of a character?

Whoever's designing these covers really needs to go back to school.

PostPosted: Sunday, September 30th, 2012 - 20:13:48 
Animaniac

Favorite Character(s): Plucky,Hamton,SweetieDizzy etc
Dizzy's never gotten much love from the fanbase.(especially in recent times) It's quite a tragedy really, because he was funny as all get out. :D Though he was rarely the main focus of the story, the writers and animators would always find zany and creative things to do with him. I'm actually thrilled that he's on the cover with the main four. I feel that he's earned it. :mrgreen:

ImageImage

PostPosted: Monday, October 01st, 2012 - 03:32:57 
Script

Favorite Character(s): Fifi La Fume
Emerl1000 wrote:
Mopar96 wrote:
Plus, the cover art for this is kind of weird. Babs looks way too tall, and why is Dizzy on everything now? He was on the cover of the new Summer Vacation DVD; is really that popular of a character?

Whoever's designing these covers really needs to go back to school.

Yes. Fifi should have been on the cover, she had a main role in Summer Vacation and is much more popular than Dizzy (Who only had 1 scene in Summer Vacation).

Post subject: Volume 3 update!!!
PostPosted: Friday, October 05th, 2012 - 14:02:29 
Inked Cell

Favorite Character(s): Babs Bunny
They ARE going to put Elephant issues on the DVD!!!

tvshowsondvd.com wrote:
Last week we brought you the exciting news that Warner Bros would release Tiny Toon Adventures" Volume 3 on January 8th, 2013, but there was one downside - an episode, "Elephant Issues," wouldn't be included in the set. Well, we received some excellent news late last night; the episode has been cleared, and will now be included in the set. Woohoo! We assume the set will now have 17 episodes instead of the 16 that were announced previously (an updated press release will be going out shortly, we just didn't want to wait to bring you the news).

Note from the Editor: Does anyone else think Warner Bros completely rocks? It's so great when a major studio pays attention to what the fans want and tries to deliver. It was a bummer that the set was announced without "Elephant Issues," but the studio listened to the feedback and worked hard to get the episode included on the set (and they did it all in a week!). Bravo, Warner Bros.

Interesting that it had to be "cleared" (feels like when you see a DVD of 70s or 80s sesame street & it says "for the adult collector only. not appropriate for children" on the box). But bless the person who cleared it!

=================
================================================================
Image Image Image

PostPosted: Friday, October 05th, 2012 - 14:20:38 
Animaniac

I bet it took them a long time to decide whether or not to add Elephant Issues.

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

PostPosted: Friday, October 05th, 2012 - 20:29:25 
Background

Huzzah!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next