Acme Acres

Welcome Toonsters, to Acme Acres! Your place for all things Tiny Toon Adventures!
It is currently Monday, August 21st, 2017 - 09:57:57

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wednesday, February 08th, 2012 - 15:11:03 
Script

Favorite Character(s): Babs and Buster Bunny
Well, I noticed that some Tiny toon fans dislike or hate Buster. Why is that?

He is an energetic rabbit, instigator in a good way, funny and caring. He also confesses whenever he mistakens. In addition, he really loves his Babsy- We can see it on "Thirteen something" and on the last episode of Tiny toon adventures.

Attenion: I accept all opinions and won't flame anyone, I just wonder why some dislike him.

PostPosted: Wednesday, February 08th, 2012 - 15:27:34 
Script

Favorite Character(s): Fifi La Fume
We just find him boring, same with Hamton. He is a total showoff, too, and gets too much attention.

PostPosted: Wednesday, February 08th, 2012 - 15:43:35 
Script

LesTheTimeSweeper wrote:
We just find him boring, same with Hamton. He is a total showoff, too, and gets too much attention.

In what way do you think he is a show off?

PostPosted: Wednesday, February 08th, 2012 - 15:54:21 
Script

Taminess wrote:
LesTheTimeSweeper wrote:

He constantly brags about being awesome and that he is the main character, and tries to make the other characters look bad, like in Buster at the Bat.

PostPosted: Wednesday, February 08th, 2012 - 16:18:26 
Animaniac

Favorite Character(s): Fifi La Fume and Rita
I don't hate him. Hating Buster is the equivalency of hating Bugs Bunny. He may be a little arrogant, no more than Plucky is, but he also has a caring side. And he does know that it's not all about him.

So I can't imagine why anyone would hate Buster.

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

PostPosted: Wednesday, February 08th, 2012 - 16:35:32 
Background

Favorite Character(s): Plucky Duck
He's basically Bugs Bunny. Like Hamton, there's NO originality besides the fact that he's slightly more immature. Strangely, even though Plucky was just Daffy Duck, it seems like he was more enjoyable to me, mostly because he's portrayed as a good guy with bad luck (which is sometimes not so when he's the Toxic Revenger, or when he realizes that he shouldn't be so greedy) rather than a bad guy or a jealous loser like Daffy (most of the time). Plus Plucky is friends with most toons while Daffy isn't so take Daffy's funny personality and jokes, make him nicer, and you've got Plucky. Buster is basically a slightly less invincible version of Bugs Bunny.

PostPosted: Wednesday, February 08th, 2012 - 23:26:31 
Inked Cell

Favorite Character(s): Mary Melody
Heh, you don't want to see my take on him in my fanfic "Mary" :D

My YouTube Page: https://www.youtube.com/user/thejamakanumbuhi
My FFN page: https://www.fanfiction.net/~thejamakanumbuhi
My FiM Fiction page: http://www.fimfiction.net/user/i_am_the_jam
My DeviantarArt page: http://iamthejam.deviantart.com/

PostPosted: Thursday, February 09th, 2012 - 04:09:22 
Script

Fifilover wrote:
I don't hate him. Hating Buster is the equivalency of hating Bugs Bunny. He may be a little arrogant, no more than Plucky is, but he also has a caring side. And he does know that it's not all about him.

I agree with you but I don't think he has an arrogant side, I think he is just self confident.

PostPosted: Thursday, February 09th, 2012 - 04:13:13 
Script

Louis6578 wrote:
He's basically Bugs Bunny. Like Hamton, there's NO originality besides the fact that he's slightly more immature. Strangely, even though Plucky was just Daffy Duck, it seems like he was more enjoyable to me, mostly because he's portrayed as a good guy with bad luck (which is sometimes not so when he's the Toxic Revenger, or when he realizes that he shouldn't be so greedy) rather than a bad guy or a jealous loser like Daffy (most of the time). Plus Plucky is friends with most toons while Daffy isn't so take Daffy's funny personality and jokes, make him nicer, and you've got Plucky. Buster is basically a slightly less invincible version of Bugs Bunny.

I actually find Buster more enjoyable than Bugs Bunny. Not like Bugs who seems to always know how to behave and react, Buster doesn't always know but he eventually always figures out how to react rightly, and apologizes when he realizes he made a mistake or hurt someone. That's what makes him more enjoyable to me than Bugs.

PostPosted: Thursday, February 09th, 2012 - 14:29:48 
Background

Taminess wrote:
Louis6578 wrote:

I actually find Buster more enjoyable than Bugs Bunny. Not like Bugs who seems to always know how to behave and react, Buster doesn't always know but he eventually always figures out how to react rightly, and apologizes when he realizes he made a mistake or hurt someone. That's what makes him more enjoyable to me than Bugs.

Yeah, but then there's his relationship with Plucky. While it's better than Bugs', he realizes that Plucky just wants to be the star of a cartoon (and while he may have been a bit of a jerk about it, Plucky didn't do anything harmful or outright mean to get his way). Buster and Babs put him into a cartoon where "the fans" (really just whoever is watching that really doesn't like Plucky) get to decide what happens to him. I don't hate Buster, but I can't be the only one who wants to see him on the receiving end of Plucky's wrath without Plucky receiving any comeuppance, am I? Whenever they promise him his own cartoon, he ends up being horribly abused by anvils or random things during it (though when they receive fanmail about it, they seem alright with letting him be a hero).

I admit it was all funny with the Anvil Chorus and the Oklahoma spoof, but then there's the end of the Spring Break Special where Plucky (who's minding his own business and just trying to get with a cute duck girl) is used as a decoy by them. They dress him up as a bunny quickly and have Elmyra take him away... for no reason. After watching that scene, I have to say that every shred of likeability that Buster (and Babs) had was brutally melted off of them. They could've used a random person or just done anything else to get rid of Elmyra, but they decide to use their friend (who did NOT deserve it) as a decoy. Though of course, rather than hate Buster and Babs for it, I tend to do what I do whenever a character that I like does something that I think is terrible (unless the show has a lot of continuity (like an anime) or that character is a cool villain). I simply pretend the entire episode never happened.

To shorten things up, aside from Buster's lack of originality (outside of being a more immature, slightly less invincible version of Bugs Bunny), people probably don't like Buster for the way he treats Plucky.

PostPosted: Thursday, February 09th, 2012 - 18:21:00 
Inked Cell

Favorite Character(s): Babs Bunny
Fifilover wrote:

LesTheTimeSweeper wrote:
Taminess wrote:
LesTheTimeSweeper wrote:

He constantly brags about being awesome and that he is the main character, and tries to make the other characters look bad, like in Buster at the Bat.

To me, Bugs doesn't have to brag to have us know he's awesome. He's earned that title. Buster hasn't. granted Buster is a teenager - so that comes with the territory. But to have Buster have cartoons like Buster's Guide to Goofing Off (which is a good cartoon with great gags, but...) it comes off as Buster saying, "my life is perfect. here's how to live like me" only to find out 2 seconds into the cartoon that he's not. which should be funny. But he never learns off of that (which should also be funny) but to me it's just annoying.

Like Buster teasing Babs in the Gene Splicer episode. I promise I won't lie anymore. OH NO THERE'S A SPIDER ON YOUR BACK!! I mean... I know he's an immature kid. but still. mean. he never learns. & yet Babs puts up with it! I wouldn't. I'd either wait for him to mature before dating him or call it off if he kept pulling that crap. She's too good for him! Granted I'm thinking of it on a bigger long term fanfic type level as opposed to the here's a funny gag to button the episode with that it was.

I don't know... he's always come off as annoying to me. I don't hate him. He has a lot of good qualities. He's just annoying & hasn't matured yet. which is what the show is supposed to be, so I don't know what my problem is. All I know is that I still regret not getting that Plucky stuffed animal because it didn't go size wise with the Buster & Babs my parents got me. I could come up with a lot more stories for Plucky & Babs than Buster & Babs.

=================
================================================================
Image Image Image

PostPosted: Thursday, February 09th, 2012 - 22:26:27 
Script

[/quote]To me, Bugs doesn't have to brag to have us know he's awesome. He's earned that title. Buster hasn't. granted Buster is a teenager - so that comes with the territory. But to have Buster have cartoons like Buster's Guide to Goofing Off (which is a good cartoon with great gags, but...) it comes off as Buster saying, "my life is perfect. here's how to live like me" only to find out 2 seconds into the cartoon that he's not. which should be funny. But he never learns off of that (which should also be funny) but to me it's just annoying.

Like Buster teasing Babs in the Gene Splicer episode. I promise I won't lie anymore. OH NO THERE'S A SPIDER ON YOUR BACK!! I mean... I know he's an immature kid. but still. mean. he never learns. & yet Babs puts up with it! I wouldn't. I'd either wait for him to mature before dating him or call it off if he kept pulling that crap. She's too good for him! Granted I'm thinking of it on a bigger long term fanfic type level as opposed to the here's a funny gag to button the episode with that it was.

I don't know... he's always come off as annoying to me. I don't hate him. He has a lot of good qualities. He's just annoying & hasn't matured yet. which is what the show is supposed to be, so I don't know what my problem is. All I know is that I still regret not getting that Plucky stuffed animal because it didn't go size wise with the Buster & Babs my parents got me. I could come up with a lot more stories for Plucky & Babs than Buster & Babs.[/quote]

Well, he can be immature at times but that's the beauty of youth. Babs can gets immature too but she is still cute. I was an immature teenager as well, lol.
About the scene from "Hare rasing night", where he tells her she has a spider on her shirt, I don't think he didn't learn his lesson. He was just pulling her leg.

On the episode "Prom-ise her anything" he confessed he made a mistake by waiting for the last minute to invite Babs to the prom, and did his best to learn how to dance. True, he embarrassed her while dancing but at least he tried for her- That means he does love Babs. I think his confession was of a gentleman: "I was thoughtless, I admit it but if you confide in your heart to consider that Babs, I would love to take you to the prom". Wouldn't you melt if you were in her situation? <3
The reason Babs keeps dating him is because she truly loves him. If you really love someone, you are aware to his disadvantages but accept him the way he is, remembering his other good qualities and how much he loves you. It's the same with Buster who accepts Babs although she has some disadvantages. No one is perfect, but if you are aware to the qualities of the person you date and understand how much he loves you, you will bear his immature and annoying moments. Many times the love couples have for each other isn't mutual, but they deceive them selves about their true love because they don't want to face the reality, but it's another issue and now I'm out of subject, sorry.

I actually think Plucky is more immature than Buster, because of the moments he slyly mentions nasty things, like in the scene from "Prom-ise her anything", when he tells Shirley: "My dad's car is right outside". Those moments of his make me laugh but I still find him pretty immature. It reminds me of the way the guys from my school talked with the girls, lol.

PostPosted: Friday, February 10th, 2012 - 14:43:52 
Background

You guys helped me realized the other reason people hate Buster! It's called Tiny Toons, yet half the episodes revolve around Buster or (to a lesser extent) Babs. Buster always shows off and brags whenever he gets his own show (not in a "HAHA! ITS MY SHOW NOT YOUR'S" sort of way... but in a "Hey everyone! Lets sing a song about me while we wait for the next cartoon!" sort of way) and always has things go his way in those shorts. When it's finally Plucky's turn to have a 30 minute episode about him (or 3 shorts all about him) we're either watching a get rich quick scheme that ultimately fails, or we're watching him learn his lesson for doing something wrong (which would be just fine if there didn't have to be some sort of "butt of the joke" thing at the end). Even though Plucky gets the second most cartoons about him (to Buster), the way he's treated in them just doesn't seem right. When he's the Toxic Revenger, he gets a little light shed on him, but that's about it. Buster is perfectly fine when he's not blatantly pointing out that he is the star and he is the one everyone came to see. When Plucky does that, he gets anvils. If Buster does that, he gets praise. See anything wrong yet?

Buster also goes out of his way to sometimes ruin Plucky's chance at getting rich. No matter how harmless the act may be. "Oh, for Art's Sake" is a good example. Buster and Babs exploit Plucky for not having truly made the painting, but just having paused a fighting cat and dog in place. Of course, no one would have been hurt from this and Plucky would have been given fame and money. You heard right. No one is harmed and Plucky is benefited. Therefore Buster and Babs simply MUST stop this. Of course, if Plucky messes with Hamton like that, we're gonna see it as him taking advantage of the poor guy.

Though these things could easily be forgotten, it's pretty hard to overlook the way they ruined everything for him in the Spring Break special. Whether you like Buster and Babs or not... any sane man must admit that you either have to hate them for what they did, or you should pretend it never happened.

PostPosted: Friday, February 10th, 2012 - 15:21:24 
Script

Louis6578 wrote:
You guys helped me realized the other reason people hate Buster! It's called Tiny Toons, yet half the episodes revolve around Buster or (to a lesser extent) Babs.

Thats a problem with all of the main 4 (Mainly Buster and Babs, though) and Elmyra. 95% of the episodes revolve around them and just them, yet the more well liked characters like Fifi (Who is possibly even more popular than them), Calamity, etc. got barely anything revolving around them (Fifi only got 4 shorts of her own and very little screentime despite being one of most popular characters in the show).

PostPosted: Friday, February 10th, 2012 - 16:37:54 
Script

Louis6578 wrote:
You guys helped me realized the other reason people hate Buster! It's called Tiny Toons, yet half the episodes revolve around Buster or (to a lesser extent) Babs. Buster always shows off and brags whenever he gets his own show (not in a "HAHA! ITS MY SHOW NOT YOUR'S" sort of way... but in a "Hey everyone! Lets sing a song about me while we wait for the next cartoon!" sort of way) and always has things go his way in those shorts. When it's finally Plucky's turn to have a 30 minute episode about him (or 3 shorts all about him) we're either watching a get rich quick scheme that ultimately fails, or we're watching him learn his lesson for doing something wrong (which would be just fine if there didn't have to be some sort of "butt of the joke" thing at the end). Even though Plucky gets the second most cartoons about him (to Buster), the way he's treated in them just doesn't seem right. When he's the Toxic Revenger, he gets a little light shed on him, but that's about it. Buster is perfectly fine when he's not blatantly pointing out that he is the star and he is the one everyone came to see. When Plucky does that, he gets anvils. If Buster does that, he gets praise. See anything wrong yet?

Buster also goes out of his way to sometimes ruin Plucky's chance at getting rich. No matter how harmless the act may be. "Oh, for Art's Sake" is a good example. Buster and Babs exploit Plucky for not having truly made the painting, but just having paused a fighting cat and dog in place. Of course, no one would have been hurt from this and Plucky would have been given fame and money. You heard right. No one is harmed and Plucky is benefited. Therefore Buster and Babs simply MUST stop this. Of course, if Plucky messes with Hamton like that, we're gonna see it as him taking advantage of the poor guy.

Though these things could easily be forgotten, it's pretty hard to overlook the way they ruined everything for him in the Spring Break special. Whether you like Buster and Babs or not... any sane man must admit that you either have to hate them for what they did, or you should pretend it never happened.

I agree that what Buster and Babs did to him in that movie was wrong and in that case, he didn't deserve it, but I'm sure they released him after that. It doesn't seem like they are THAT bad friends because in other episodes we see them help him and their other friends.
I wouldn't do what they did to plucky in "Special spring break", but I guess they were just really tired of Elmyra chasing them so they dressed the first person who came to their sight in a bunny costume. I don't think Plucky would stay their friend if they were the worst friends ever and like I have said, in other episodes, they help him and their other friends.