Acme Acres

Welcome Toonsters, to Acme Acres! Your place for all things Tiny Toon Adventures!
It is currently Saturday, July 22nd, 2017 - 06:50:12

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Thursday, February 16th, 2012 - 15:12:05 
Background

Favorite Character(s): Plucky Duck
LesTheTimeSweeper wrote:
Louis6578 wrote:
I disagree with one thing, pups. The Christmas Special where Plucky is the main character wasn't a bad thing. It was a freaking awesome moment when you think about it. After years of being the butt of the joke and having Buster and Babs walk all over him and dump anvils onto him, he finally gets revenge against Babs (since Buster doesn't exist). It's pretty nice once you think about it. Getting around the whole "In an alternate universe, Babs never did anything wrong" BS, I think it was pretty satisfying.

Fifi would most likely be the new main character, though, not Plucky. She is Bab's best friend (So she would want her to), and one of the most popular characters in the show. Besides, who is to say that the other Tiny Toons wouldn't try to rebel against Plucky and Max? They tried that with Buster and Babs at the end of How Sweetie It Is (Although we never see what happens afterwards as the episode ends there and most of the other characters who are not part of the main four or Elmyra still get barely any screentime in the episodes after).

No offense, but any comment that says Fifi would or should be the main character is blind fandom. The creators never intended for her to even be so popular, but without Buster around, in all truth Babs or Plucky would be the main character. I'm for Plucky because I believe that if that episode wasn't INTENDED to show how bad things would be without Buster, and Plucky actually was the main character, it wouldn't be so bad.

PostPosted: Thursday, February 16th, 2012 - 15:54:47 
Script

Favorite Character(s): Fifi La Fume
Louis6578 wrote:
LesTheTimeSweeper wrote:
Louis6578 wrote:
I disagree with one thing, pups. The Christmas Special where Plucky is the main character wasn't a bad thing. It was a freaking awesome moment when you think about it. After years of being the butt of the joke and having Buster and Babs walk all over him and dump anvils onto him, he finally gets revenge against Babs (since Buster doesn't exist). It's pretty nice once you think about it. Getting around the whole "In an alternate universe, Babs never did anything wrong" BS, I think it was pretty satisfying.

Fifi would most likely be the new main character, though, not Plucky. She is Bab's best friend (So she would want her to), and one of the most popular characters in the show. Besides, who is to say that the other Tiny Toons wouldn't try to rebel against Plucky and Max? They tried that with Buster and Babs at the end of How Sweetie It Is (Although we never see what happens afterwards as the episode ends there and most of the other characters who are not part of the main four or Elmyra still get barely any screentime in the episodes after).

No offense, but any comment that says Fifi would or should be the main character is blind fandom. The creators never intended for her to even be so popular, but without Buster around, in all truth Babs or Plucky would be the main character. I'm for Plucky because I believe that if that episode wasn't INTENDED to show how bad things would be without Buster, and Plucky actually was the main character, it wouldn't be so bad.

I know, but I do wonder what would happen if she was the main character...

PostPosted: Thursday, February 16th, 2012 - 16:21:05 
Inked Cell

Favorite Character(s): Babs Bunny
Louis6578 wrote:
LesTheTimeSweeper wrote:
Louis6578 wrote:
LesTheTimeSweeper wrote:

I know, but I do wonder what would happen if she was the main character...

@ Louis6578 that's the only part that bugs me is that Babs was never shown being mean to Plucky & that it was revenge in that part. She was depressed & thinking she wasn't that great. I don't know. to me it looked like in the alt universe that Plucky was a jerk & Babs wasn't her usual get even &/or pick on self because of it. Babs & buster made fun of Plucky but for the exception of the Anvil Chorus it wasn't that overdone. But we don't know what/if anything Babs did for Plucky to act like that. Is it all ego or revenge?

@ LesTheTimeSweeper I can honestly say I probably wouldn't be a fan of the show if Fifi were the main character. I never liked her solo episodes. I have fast forwarded through her subplot of HISMSV. Rehashed Pepe LePew (although Fifi's more out of being lonely than Pepe's playboy attitude). Didn't bring that much new to the table. To me she wasn't interesting until later when dealing with other characters like when Hampton indirectly asked her to the prom & she did a complete 180º from her previous I hate proms speech.

Plucky on the other hand DID get his own spinoff. it's just sad it never got a chance to have more than one short that was original & not a tiny toons repeat.

=================
================================================================
Image Image Image

PostPosted: Thursday, February 16th, 2012 - 17:16:14 
Script

pupspals wrote:
@ LesTheTimeSweeper I can honestly say I probably wouldn't be a fan of the show if Fifi were the main character. I never liked her solo episodes. I have fast forwarded through her subplot of HISMSV. Rehashed Pepe LePew (although Fifi's more out of being lonely than Pepe's playboy attitude). Didn't bring that much new to the table. To me she wasn't interesting until later when dealing with other characters like when Hampton indirectly asked her to the prom & she did a complete 180º from her previous I hate proms speech.

She wasn't completely a rehashed Pepe. Unlike Pepe, she can control her smell and use it as a attack. Her better parts are mainly in stuff like The ACME Bowl, though. And you criticize Fifi for being a rehashed Pepe LePew and not bringing much new to the table, yet you like Babs who is a rehashed Bugs Bunny and didn't bring much new either?! Hypocrite!

Last edited by LesTheTimeSweeper on Sunday, February 19th, 2012 - 13:22:36, edited 3 times in total.

PostPosted: Thursday, February 16th, 2012 - 17:51:19 
Background

Favorite Character(s): Plucky Duck
Quote:

@ Louis6578 that's the only part that bugs me is that Babs was never shown being mean to Plucky & that it was revenge in that part. She was depressed & thinking she wasn't that great. I don't know. to me it looked like in the alt universe that Plucky was a jerk & Babs wasn't her usual get even &/or pick on self because of it. Babs & buster made fun of Plucky but for the exception of the Anvil Chorus it wasn't that overdone. But we don't know what/if anything Babs did for Plucky to act like that. Is it all ego or revenge?

Anvil Chorus. Babs had no problem treating Plucky like dirt just because he wanted his own cartoon.

PostPosted: Sunday, May 27th, 2012 - 22:46:02 
Animaniac

Favorite Character(s): Plucky,Hamton,SweetieDizzy etc
Plucky on the other hand DID get his own spinoff. it's just sad it never got a chance to have more than one short that was original & not a tiny toons repeat.[/quote]

I don't know if this is true or not, but a long time ago I remember reading somewhere that "The Plucky Duck Show" was originally planned to be a full-fledged program. It was going to have a new theme song with it's own tune, instead of simply giving new lyrics to the TTA theme song. The only other Tiny Toon cast members who were going to be heavily featured (other than Plucky and Hamton) were to be Shirley and Fifi. The rest of the show's cast was going to be made up of new characters, with occasional guest appearances from other shows like the then up coming Animaniacs. Again, I have no idea weather this is true or not, but given how many ideas the WB animation studio scraped during that period, you never know.

ImageImage

PostPosted: Saturday, June 09th, 2012 - 05:15:07 
Script

Injun-Joe wrote:
I don't know if this is true or not, but a long time ago I remember reading somewhere that "The Plucky Duck Show" was originally planned to be a full-fledged program. It was going to have a new theme song with it's own tune, instead of simply giving new lyrics to the TTA theme song. The only other Tiny Toon cast members who were going to be heavily featured (other than Plucky and Hamton) were to be Shirley and Fifi. The rest of the show's cast was going to be made up of new characters, with occasional guest appearances from other shows like the then up coming Animaniacs. Again, I have no idea weather this is true or not, but given how many ideas the WB animation studio scraped during that period, you never know.

I think they just made that up.

PostPosted: Sunday, August 26th, 2012 - 06:14:44 
Comedy Beat

Favorite Character(s): Buster and Babs Bunny
Louis6578 wrote:
Though these things could easily be forgotten, it's pretty hard to overlook the way they ruined everything for him in the Spring Break special. Whether you like Buster and Babs or not... any sane man must admit that you either have to hate them for what they did, or you should pretend it never happened.

That was completely out of character. Usually Plucky and the rabbits help each other despite some issues. The writers probably thought it would just be fun if the often-jerk Plucky would suffer a bit... and the gag itself was funny... but yes, it's not the best conclusion. You expect a move like that from the Warners but not Buster.

PostPosted: Thursday, August 15th, 2013 - 03:42:24 
Sketch

LesTheTimeSweeper wrote:
We just find him boring, same with Hamton. He is a total showoff, too, and gets too much attention.

Well I find him funny, caring and energetic, but sometimes yeah, he annoys me a little.

PostPosted: Thursday, August 15th, 2013 - 20:36:28 
Musical Score

Favorite Character(s): Babs Bunny, Dot Warner
Louis6578 wrote:
LesTheTimeSweeper wrote:
Louis6578 wrote:

I know there's a lot of Fifi lovers in this fandom (including our admin), but if you ask me I've never been a big fan of Fifi. If Fifi was the main character, I'd probably still watch the show, but it probably wouldn't be my number one favorite show (come to think of it, Animaniacs is my number one favorite show, anyway). I don't mean to offend anyone, but this show has more to offer than just one character. Besides, my favorite character is listed over to the left there.

Back on topic.

I think some people hate Buster because they see him as a rip-off of Bugs Bunny, but that's not necessarily true. Bugs knew exactly what to do in any situation. There wasn't a single situation Bugs couldn't get himself out of. Well, except for on The Looney Tunes Show, but we're not talking about it. Buster on the other hand made a few mistakes, but he always managed to come through in the end. All in all, I think some people don't really hate Buster, but rather the show overall (*ahem*John Kricfalusi*ahem*). They simply see the whole show as a rip-off of the Looney Tunes. That may possibly be true to an extent, but there's several original characters on this show as well. Those who don't like the show for being a supposed rip-off of Looney Tunes probably hate Buster because they see him as a replacement for Bugs (the creators of the show once admitted that they knew themselves they couldn't beat the old Looney Tunes characters and never will).

My Twitter page
My DeviantArt page

PostPosted: Monday, April 18th, 2016 - 14:35:24 
Toon

Favorite Character(s): Babs, Plucky
Louis6578 wrote:
Mr.Fable wrote:
There's one thing you guys are missing. Buster and Babs are based on Bugs. Bugs is a crazy *bleep, thus so are Buster and Babs.

Example: http://spootyrants.livejournal.com/726.html

The Looney Tunes aren't Veggie Tales. They are violent and mean cartoon characters, which is why everyone loves them. It isn't a matter of whether Buster and Babs are justified, its a matter of it being friken hilarious. Seeing Plucky screwed over at the end was the icing on the cake IMO. Life isn't fair. Good people get screwed and bad people get off scot-free. There is a lot of injustice in the world and you just gotta learn to live with it.

Besides, seeing other people get hurt is hilarious.

Also, it's not like Plucky hasn't screwed over his friends.

Bugs WAS crazy, but even back in the 40's he'd rarely attack unprovoked. Whenever he was against Daffy, he usually didn't do anything unless Daffy was trying to get him killed.

Half of what you're saying is just a cruel outlook on life. But Okay, fine. Name one time Plucky screwed over his friends (aside from Hamton since it's their Shtick) and hasn't seen the error of his ways.
In Hollywood Plucky, Plucky cons Buster and Babs into waiting at a bust stop so he can get his script first. Even in the end where it seems as if Plucky learned, Plucky complains that he still wants glory, fame and fortune.

PostPosted: Monday, April 18th, 2016 - 14:56:24 
Musical Score

Favorite Character(s): Babs Bunny, Dot Warner
LittleLooney wrote:
I know there's a lot of Fifi lovers in this fandom (including our admin), but if you ask me I've never been a big fan of Fifi. If Fifi was the main character, I'd probably still watch the show, but it probably wouldn't be my number one favorite show (come to think of it, Animaniacs is my number one favorite show, anyway). I don't mean to offend anyone, but this show has more to offer than just one character. Besides, my favorite character is listed over to the left there.

Back on topic.

I think some people hate Buster because they see him as a rip-off of Bugs Bunny, but that's not necessarily true. Bugs knew exactly what to do in any situation. There wasn't a single situation Bugs couldn't get himself out of. Well, except for on The Looney Tunes Show, but we're not talking about it. Buster on the other hand made a few mistakes, but he always managed to come through in the end. All in all, I think some people don't really hate Buster, but rather the show overall (*ahem*John Kricfalusi*ahem*). They simply see the whole show as a rip-off of the Looney Tunes. That may possibly be true to an extent, but there's several original characters on this show as well. Those who don't like the show for being a supposed rip-off of Looney Tunes probably hate Buster because they see him as a replacement for Bugs (the creators of the show once admitted that they knew themselves they couldn't beat the old Looney Tunes characters and never will).

Oh, gosh, did I really write all that? I was sure opinionated in my early days here, wasn't I? :oops:

My Twitter page
My DeviantArt page

PostPosted: Monday, April 18th, 2016 - 15:12:32 
Animaniac

Favorite Character(s): Fifi La Fume and Rita
Always fun seeing old threads get revived.

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

PostPosted: Tuesday, April 19th, 2016 - 12:18:54 
Musical Score

Favorite Character(s): buster, babs, plucky, hanpton,
Buster isnt bad. Sure he ha shis moments where you think oh god Buster why in the world did you do/say that. But otherwise hes a good character elmyra on the other hand............Lets ust say its as if they took the abomisable snow man elmer fudd and threw them both in blender and added a bit of little audrey in thier for the suppoused ot be adorable factor

PostPosted: Tuesday, April 19th, 2016 - 13:16:38 
Animaniac

Favorite Character(s): Fifi La Fume and Rita
I think people might dislike Buster because he's witty at times. Like when he was on trial in Gang Busters.

Judge: How does the defendant plead?

Buster: On my knees, usually.

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next