Acme Acres

Welcome Toonsters, to Acme Acres! Your place for all things Tiny Toon Adventures!
It is currently Saturday, July 22nd, 2017 - 06:49:25

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Friday, February 10th, 2012 - 17:55:20 
Layout

Favorite Character(s): Buster Bunny, Plucky Duck
I like Buster Bunny. Montana max is the jerk!

ImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

PostPosted: Friday, February 10th, 2012 - 18:43:53 
Script

Favorite Character(s): Fifi La Fume
MrCleveland wrote:

There are better characters, though.

PostPosted: Friday, February 10th, 2012 - 22:05:54 
Background

Favorite Character(s): Plucky Duck
Taminess wrote:
Louis6578 wrote:
You guys helped me realized the other reason people hate Buster! It's called Tiny Toons, yet half the episodes revolve around Buster or (to a lesser extent) Babs. Buster always shows off and brags whenever he gets his own show (not in a "HAHA! ITS MY SHOW NOT YOUR'S" sort of way... but in a "Hey everyone! Lets sing a song about me while we wait for the next cartoon!" sort of way) and always has things go his way in those shorts. When it's finally Plucky's turn to have a 30 minute episode about him (or 3 shorts all about him) we're either watching a get rich quick scheme that ultimately fails, or we're watching him learn his lesson for doing something wrong (which would be just fine if there didn't have to be some sort of "butt of the joke" thing at the end). Even though Plucky gets the second most cartoons about him (to Buster), the way he's treated in them just doesn't seem right. When he's the Toxic Revenger, he gets a little light shed on him, but that's about it. Buster is perfectly fine when he's not blatantly pointing out that he is the star and he is the one everyone came to see. When Plucky does that, he gets anvils. If Buster does that, he gets praise. See anything wrong yet?

Buster also goes out of his way to sometimes ruin Plucky's chance at getting rich. No matter how harmless the act may be. "Oh, for Art's Sake" is a good example. Buster and Babs exploit Plucky for not having truly made the painting, but just having paused a fighting cat and dog in place. Of course, no one would have been hurt from this and Plucky would have been given fame and money. You heard right. No one is harmed and Plucky is benefited. Therefore Buster and Babs simply MUST stop this. Of course, if Plucky messes with Hamton like that, we're gonna see it as him taking advantage of the poor guy.

Though these things could easily be forgotten, it's pretty hard to overlook the way they ruined everything for him in the Spring Break special. Whether you like Buster and Babs or not... any sane man must admit that you either have to hate them for what they did, or you should pretend it never happened.

I agree that what Buster and Babs did to him in that movie was wrong and in that case, he didn't deserve it, but I'm sure they released him after that. It doesn't seem like they are THAT bad friends because in other episodes we see them help him and their other friends.
I wouldn't do what they did to plucky in "Special spring break", but I guess they were just really tired of Elmyra chasing them so they dressed the first person who came to their sight in a bunny costume. I don't think Plucky would stay their friend if they were the worst friends ever and like I have said, in other episodes, they help him and their other friends.

Using fandom to justify their actions isn't helping. It happened and the only reason Plucky is free in future episodes is due to discontinuity. heck, if it was really "The first person they saw", it really would've been a random person rather than someone that they truly titled a friend. All the adventures they went on together and all the hardships they've gotten through, Plucky may have been a bit of a jerk at times, but he'd never sink THIS low. Buster and Babs did something awful there and deserved punishment. Any shred of sympathy went out the window at that moment, especially since, instead of feeling bad, feeling guilty or feeling passive, Babs JOKED about it (if I recall).

PostPosted: Saturday, February 11th, 2012 - 03:01:33 
Script

Favorite Character(s): Babs and Buster Bunny
MrCleveland wrote:

I agree with you. He is a money chaser.

PostPosted: Saturday, February 11th, 2012 - 12:05:11 
Background

Taminess wrote:
MrCleveland wrote:

I agree with you. He is a money chaser.

The difference between Buster and Max? Max is the villain. He gets to do these things without us really caring much. If Buster does something, it's supposed to be a general mistake in judgement or something of the sort rather a flat out cruel act.

PostPosted: Saturday, February 11th, 2012 - 23:39:57 
Background

Go to youtube and watch that video. Read some of the comments if you REALLY want to see why people hate Buster and Babs.

PostPosted: Sunday, February 12th, 2012 - 15:21:40 
Comedy Beat

Favorite Character(s): Babs, Buster, Plucky
There's one thing you guys are missing. Buster and Babs are based on Bugs. Bugs is a crazy *bleep, thus so are Buster and Babs.

Example: http://spootyrants.livejournal.com/726.html

The Looney Tunes aren't Veggie Tales. They are violent and mean cartoon characters, which is why everyone loves them. It isn't a matter of whether Buster and Babs are justified, its a matter of it being friken hilarious. Seeing Plucky screwed over at the end was the icing on the cake IMO. Life isn't fair. Good people get screwed and bad people get off scot-free. There is a lot of injustice in the world and you just gotta learn to live with it.

Besides, seeing other people get hurt is hilarious.

Also, it's not like Plucky hasn't screwed over his friends.

PostPosted: Sunday, February 12th, 2012 - 15:25:32 
Background

Mr.Fable wrote:
There's one thing you guys are missing. Buster and Babs are based on Bugs. Bugs is a crazy *bleep, thus so are Buster and Babs.

Example: http://spootyrants.livejournal.com/726.html

The Looney Tunes aren't Veggie Tales. They are violent and mean cartoon characters, which is why everyone loves them. It isn't a matter of whether Buster and Babs are justified, its a matter of it being friken hilarious. Seeing Plucky screwed over at the end was the icing on the cake IMO. Life isn't fair. Good people get screwed and bad people get off scot-free. There is a lot of injustice in the world and you just gotta learn to live with it.

Besides, seeing other people get hurt is hilarious.

Also, it's not like Plucky hasn't screwed over his friends.

Bugs WAS crazy, but even back in the 40's he'd rarely attack unprovoked. Whenever he was against Daffy, he usually didn't do anything unless Daffy was trying to get him killed.

Half of what you're saying is just a cruel outlook on life. But Okay, fine. Name one time Plucky screwed over his friends (aside from Hamton since it's their Shtick) and hasn't seen the error of his ways.

PostPosted: Tuesday, February 14th, 2012 - 22:05:27 
Sketch

Favorite Character(s): Monty
My "people are talking about Montana Max" senses were tingling, I guess, haha.

I like Buster. But I do view him as more of a jerk than I think others tend to. Which is fine. A little jerkiness is perfectly understandable in a well-rounded character, especially a good WB toon, ESPECIALLY one that's modeled after Bugs Bunny himself.

Buster gets away with things he really shouldn't. He can be needlessly cruel to other characters and receive no punishment at all. There's this sort of double standard with protagonists and antagonists in cartoons - a character like Max or Plucky could get wronged in some way by Buster or Babs and it's viewed as a joke, as something to be passingly laughed at. When the tables are turned, if Max or Plucky messed around with Buster or Babs, there'd be a whole episode of revenge and lesson-learning. There's this weird sense of "'bad guys' are always wrong" and "'good guys' are always right" black-and-white morality that goes on, even when the "good guy's" needlessly bullying the "bad guy." Buster, being the main protagonist, gets shunted into the "good guy" role a lot. I think that's really the only thing to dislike about Buster as a character.

PostPosted: Tuesday, February 14th, 2012 - 22:12:48 
Background

Wikitiki wrote:
My "people are talking about Montana Max" senses were tingling, I guess, haha.

I like Buster. But I do view him as more of a jerk than I think others tend to. Which is fine. A little jerkiness is perfectly understandable in a well-rounded character, especially a good WB toon, ESPECIALLY one that's modeled after Bugs Bunny himself.

Buster gets away with things he really shouldn't. He can be needlessly cruel to other characters and receive no punishment at all. There's this sort of double standard with protagonists and antagonists in cartoons - a character like Max or Plucky could get wronged in some way by Buster or Babs and it's viewed as a joke, as something to be passingly laughed at. When the tables are turned, if Max or Plucky messed around with Buster or Babs, there'd be a whole episode of revenge and lesson-learning. There's this weird sense of "'bad guys' are always wrong" and "'good guys' are always right" black-and-white morality that goes on, even when the "good guy's" needlessly bullying the "bad guy." Buster, being the main protagonist, gets shunted into the "good guy" role a lot. I think that's really the only thing to dislike about Buster as a character.

But the fact that Plucky is an anti-hero on his worst day, not to mention the fact that he didn't do anything wrong in the instance of the Spring Break Special, is more than enough to make me hate Buster and Babs forever.

PostPosted: Wednesday, February 15th, 2012 - 18:44:44 
Inked Cell

Favorite Character(s): Babs Bunny
Taminess wrote:
I actually think Plucky is more immature than Buster, because of the moments he slyly mentions nasty things, like in the scene from "Prom-ise her anything", when he tells Shirley: "My dad's car is right outside". Those moments of his make me laugh but I still find him pretty immature. It reminds me of the way the guys from my school talked with the girls, lol.

Yes, he's VERY immature as well. But to me it's a different type of immaturity.

Louis6578 wrote:
You guys helped me realized the other reason people hate Buster! It's called Tiny Toons, yet half the episodes revolve around Buster or (to a lesser extent) Babs. Buster always shows off and brags whenever he gets his own show (not in a "HAHA! ITS MY SHOW NOT YOUR'S" sort of way... but in a "Hey everyone! Lets sing a song about me while we wait for the next cartoon!" sort of way) and always has things go his way in those shorts.

Yes! exactly!
I get that the Buster Bunny Bunch is a parody of the Mickey Mouse Club but I don't see half those people willingly putting on rabbit ears & singing the praises of their classmate. No matter how cool he supposedly is.

...although the Christmas special proved that Plucky (if given the opportunity) would be a million times worse at this so he's not so innocent either...

But then Plucky's based more on Daffy. I think specifically the later Chuck Jones Daffy that would scream, "Mine! Mine! Mine!" so any selfishness & immaturity on his part is expected.

Sure Daffy always tried to steal the show from Bugs. But Bugs would let him do the tap dance & the audience would show by lack of applause that they wanted Bugs instead. Buster, by contrast, tried to avoid Plucky episodes & would rather it be an all rabbit day (I'm blanking on which episode. It wasn't Best O' Plucky Duck Day but maybe it's prequel?) Bugs let Daffy try - & Daffy failed. Buster doesn't let Plucky try. Buster just assumes that Plucky will fail & thus prevents him from trying. what's the worse sin? Knowing someone will fail & letting them do it or knowing someone will fail & preventing them. Personally (depending on the circumstance) I think the later is the worse as it doesn't allow for growth or correction.

<slightly off topic>
Considering all the comment on the spring break special, does anyone else feel the same way I do that it's not canon?

I mean, technically, it IS cannon. by definition it's made by the same people, by the same studio, by the same voices, etc, etc, etc. However a lot of it seems out of character. The plot & jokes are in a different style than the show (& not even it's like an Animaniacs cartoon - even though they have a cameo - I mean in a Freakazoid type of cartoon). It was made way later than everything else related to the show (minus a few video games).

To me, the spring break special is about as cannon to the main Tiny Toons show as something like... oh... Saved by the Bell: The College Years is cannon to Saved by the Bell. Yeah, technically it's the same people & has some of the same actors in it but... no. just no.

OR... (just occurred to me) maybe the Spring Break special is in the same "universe" as Pinky, Elmyra & the Brain (or at least ordered & approved by the same network exec or something). Again, cannon yet not. I don't know...
</slightly off topic>

=================
================================================================
Image Image Image

PostPosted: Wednesday, February 15th, 2012 - 19:28:12 
Comedy Beat

Favorite Character(s): Babs, Buster, Plucky
Since when did any WB cartoon have a canon? In order to have a canon there must be some sort of overarching plot and what ever happens in the previous episodes must carry over to the next one. The Looney Tunes, Tiny Toons, and Animaniacs have no such canon. See Negative Continuity

PostPosted: Wednesday, February 15th, 2012 - 20:23:16 
Animaniac

Favorite Character(s): Fifi La Fume and Rita
The people who hate Buster must have misjudged his Mr. Popular persona.

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

PostPosted: Wednesday, February 15th, 2012 - 20:35:56 
Background

I disagree with one thing, pups. The Christmas Special where Plucky is the main character wasn't a bad thing. It was a freaking awesome moment when you think about it. After years of being the butt of the joke and having Buster and Babs walk all over him and dump anvils onto him, he finally gets revenge against Babs (since Buster doesn't exist). It's pretty nice once you think about it. Getting around the whole "In an alternate universe, Babs never did anything wrong" BS, I think it was pretty satisfying.

PostPosted: Wednesday, February 15th, 2012 - 23:21:13 
Script

Favorite Character(s): Fifi La Fume
Louis6578 wrote:
I disagree with one thing, pups. The Christmas Special where Plucky is the main character wasn't a bad thing. It was a freaking awesome moment when you think about it. After years of being the butt of the joke and having Buster and Babs walk all over him and dump anvils onto him, he finally gets revenge against Babs (since Buster doesn't exist). It's pretty nice once you think about it. Getting around the whole "In an alternate universe, Babs never did anything wrong" BS, I think it was pretty satisfying.

Fifi would most likely be the new main character, though, not Plucky. She is Bab's best friend (So she would want her to), and one of the most popular characters in the show. Besides, who is to say that the other Tiny Toons wouldn't try to rebel against Plucky and Max? They tried that with Buster and Babs at the end of How Sweetie It Is (Although we never see what happens afterwards as the episode ends there and most of the other characters who are not part of the main four or Elmyra still get barely any screentime in the episodes after).

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next