Acme Acres

Welcome Toonsters, to Acme Acres! Your place for all things Tiny Toon Adventures!
It is currently Tuesday, August 22nd, 2017 - 18:42:48

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Friends
PostPosted: Wednesday, August 05th, 2009 - 00:09:37 
Site Admin

Favorite Character(s): Babs Bunny
First, I like the idea of having more points of view. It's nice to get to see more of the other characters. The idea of a camping trip is also appealing. I rather enjoy camping myself, so it might be fun to watch these city toons embarrass themselves.

I'm done with chapter 1 now, so spoilers ahead.
Spoiler:
I'm surprised that Yakko didn't put up a little more of a protest about having to go, actually. Like he said, he did spend a large portion of his childhood sleeping on the ground. Ground which probably smelled quite bad, too. And he better let Bugs have some of the coffee, since he is the one driving. Yakko would be better off just snoozing on the way.

"We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission; which is the stage of the darkest periods of human history, the stage of rule by brute force." - Ayn Rand.
http://www.framwinkle.com
Image Image Image

Post subject: Re: Friends
PostPosted: Wednesday, August 05th, 2009 - 10:37:54 
Inked Cell

oh Bugs won't get any coffee for a while :D

=================
================================================================
Image Image Image

PostPosted: Tuesday, January 19th, 2010 - 09:05:24 
Site Admin

I finished Friends a while ago, but forgot to post about it. Overall I thought it was a good story. However, the prank war was a bit overdone, I think, as was the way everyone just sort of got over it and started being friends again. I suppose it had to end that way for the sake of the Family story, but if it had been a real set of events I think it would have been a little harder for the kids to forgive one another. Half way through the story, without taking Family into consideration, I thought the four of them might actually break up their friendships. Given the way Plucky and Monty were acting, I think Buster and Wakko would have been justified in cutting off future contact with them. It might not have been an ideal ending, but sometimes kids grow up, people change, and old friendships die. It really did seem like the best course of action for a while.

"We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission; which is the stage of the darkest periods of human history, the stage of rule by brute force." - Ayn Rand.
Image Image Image

PostPosted: Tuesday, January 19th, 2010 - 13:17:31 
Sketch

I liked the part when Yakko helps Dot get her revenge on the "boys" and Foghorn's and Bug's reactions. Toilet papering Foghorns truck isn't the smartest thing you can do, either with bugs' car.

PostPosted: Tuesday, January 19th, 2010 - 13:37:15 
Site Admin

Blade wrote:
I liked the part when Yakko helps Dot get her revenge on the "boys" and Foghorn's and Bug's reactions. Toilet papering Foghorns truck isn't the smartest thing you can do, either with bugs' car.

Yeah, I can't believe the stuff Yakko got away with, and managed to get the boys blamed for it, because Bugs couldn't figure out who did it. I think the parts I liked most were the ones with Jeeves. He got a ton of development in this story.

Image Image Image

PostPosted: Tuesday, January 19th, 2010 - 13:49:03 
Sketch

Framwinkle wrote:
Blade wrote:

Yeah, I can't believe the stuff Yakko got away with, and managed to get the boys blamed for it, because Bugs couldn't figure out who did it. I think the parts I liked most were the ones with Jeeves. He got a ton of development in this story.

The Only thing bugs found out was that Yakko kept switching his cofee.

“Oh yeah,” Bugs drawled, taking another swallow of his coffee before turning to refill his cup. “Figured it out awhile ago. The more tired and stressed I got, the more hyper and hysterical you got. Didn’t take a genius to figure it out doc.”

It was kinda emotional with parts of Jeeves and Monty. It must have been really heartbreaking to realize that there's no one anymore to care about you. It was a relief that Everything went ok with a lesson leart. Yakko played a part telling Jeeves about Family.

PostPosted: Tuesday, January 19th, 2010 - 16:36:40 
Inked Cell

yeah, I really miss jeeves. he added a lot.

I'm still hoping they do that golf game they were going to do...

=================
================================================================
Image Image Image