Acme Acres

Welcome Toonsters, to Acme Acres! Your place for all things Tiny Toon Adventures!
It is currently Tuesday, April 25th, 2017 - 14:30:37

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: pupspals' old art
PostPosted: Thursday, July 30th, 2009 - 11:48:53 
Inked Cell

Favorite Character(s): Babs Bunny
while looking for some other art that I've done in the past (which I never did find) last night I found a bunch of old A! & TTA artwork (for TTA see other thread on this board):

drew this one at 15 yrs when entering a local contest to see Bugs Bunny at the Bowl.

in middle school I had to do a science project. I ended up creating rain (or rather 2 drops of rain in a jar) so to fill up space on my presentation board (& get extra credit points for creativity) I posted the lyrics to "Several Drops of Rain" & this pic I drew of Dot. If I recall I looked at & drew the head from one comic & the body from another. No tracing (as you can tell, the head's too big), but reference.

This was on the back of a geography test I saved. yes, I got an A - even an extra point thanks to the song & practicing with it!

for those who've seen my old CDRR drawing from when I was a kid & spotted the WB logo on the tree because I pressed too hard on the paper - here's the WB logo that goes with it. dates back to sometime in elementary school. I think this is the earliest of the pics I found since it was undated (which I refused to do as a kid).

this drawing is dated 1/14/96. this was back when I would spend an entire weekend on a drawing. saturday to draw & ink in pen, sunday to color in pencil crayon. - it's so sad how these pics are aging... although, this one was taped to my door for years & that probably didn't help... I tried to recreate the one VHS cover.

now comes the... vacation series. I was on some vacation with my parents. this is the 2nd vacation series I did with the warners (couldn't find the 1st one where they went to the same camp in the woods that I did). this doesn't exactly parallel a trip I took since it has Niagara falls in it & I didn't see that until recently, but one pic reveals a waterfall that's similar to one that was near where my grandparents used to live in Oregon so I'm guessing that's it.

pg 1: they're in their hotel room. Dot's not happy Wakko's jumping on the bed. Yakko's trying to figure out the sleeping arangements.

touring the waterfall that makes me think this was from the trip to oregon. Yakko slips on the wet rocks. Dot is disgusted that Wakko is filling up is water bottle from the falls.

floating down the river with a storm on the way (what the paint brush is painting). Note the USS Minnow soon to drown poor Gilligan & Skipper in the background. the fish isn't too thrilled either.

Didn't know that river in oregon lead to niagara did you??? - neither did I. guess my kid self thought it was a gag. dot's screaming is a bit too much for Yakko.

last one. 1st panel on the left is the after math of going down the falls. 2nd panel is them heading home (at least I knew as a kid that Niagara is east of burbank! - too bad I drew it in Sacramento! :oops: :roll: )

well there you go. a peek into my art past. :o

=================
================================================================
Image Image Image

Post subject: Re: pupspals' old art
PostPosted: Thursday, July 30th, 2009 - 13:20:59 
Musical Score

Favorite Character(s): check my sig banners :-3
Nice arts Pupspals :D

I also Collect, Buy, Sell, Trade, Appraise, the Pokemon aka Pocket Monsters Trading Card Game :D
3DS Friendcode : 0731-4800-6817

PostPosted: Thursday, July 30th, 2009 - 13:57:50 
Site Admin

pupspals wrote:
drew this one at 15 yrs when entering a local contest to see Bugs Bunny at the Bowl.

What bowl? I use bowls for ice cream, but I assume you mean some stadium. ;) That's not bad for 15. I didn't start drawing until I was 19. They almost look like chibis.

Quote:
in middle school I had to do a science project. I ended up creating rain (or rather 2 drops of rain in a jar) so to fill up space on my presentation board (& get extra credit points for creativity) I posted the lyrics to "Several Drops of Rain" & this pic I drew of Dot. If I recall I looked at & drew the head from one comic & the body from another. No tracing (as you can tell, the head's too big), but reference.

I never really had opportunity to add cartoon characters to any of my school work, or I probably would have. I did do some doodles occasionally I guess, so I may try to post some of those later, but they weren't cartoon characters. I think that one looks pretty good. You gotta get the references where ever you can. I don't think her head looks to big, actually. Her feet are kind of small, so it just looks like a perspective drawing.

Quote:
This was on the back of a geography test I saved. yes, I got an A - even an extra point thanks to the song & practicing with it!

Unfortunately, that song came too late to help me in school, but it did help me win a game on a camping trip once.

Quote:
for those who've seen my old CDRR drawing from when I was a kid & spotted the WB logo on the tree because I pressed too hard on the paper - here's the WB logo that goes with it. dates back to sometime in elementary school. I think this is the earliest of the pics I found since it was undated (which I refused to do as a kid).

Not bad. I wish I'd been interested in doing that sort of thing in elementary school.

Quote:
this drawing is dated 1/14/96. this was back when I would spend an entire weekend on a drawing. saturday to draw & ink in pen, sunday to color in pencil crayon. - it's so sad how these pics are aging... although, this one was taped to my door for years & that probably didn't help... I tried to recreate the one VHS cover.

I don't know if I would have had the patience to work on something the whole weekend. I also wonder how my own drawings will hold up. I think I'm currently using inkjet paper because it's a bright white. I don't know if it's acid free or not, though it probably doesn't matter after all the time my hands spend holding the paper while drawing.

Quote:
now comes the... vacation series. I was on some vacation with my parents. this is the 2nd vacation series I did with the warners (couldn't find the 1st one where they went to the same camp in the woods that I did). this doesn't exactly parallel a trip I took since it has Niagara falls in it & I didn't see that until recently, but one pic reveals a waterfall that's similar to one that was near where my grandparents used to live in Oregon so I'm guessing that's it.

I like these! It's nice to see a series of drawings. And those falls wouldn't be Multnomah Falls just off I-84 east of Portland, would they? I'm sure there are more waterfalls in Oregon than just that one, but we usually stopped at that one on our way to visit reletives when I was a kid, so of course it's the one that comes to mind.

"We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission; which is the stage of the darkest periods of human history, the stage of rule by brute force." - Ayn Rand.
http://www.framwinkle.com
Image Image Image

PostPosted: Thursday, July 30th, 2009 - 15:09:42 
Inked Cell

Framwinkle wrote:
pupspals wrote:

What bowl? I use bowls for ice cream, but I assume you mean some stadium. ;) That's not bad for 15. I didn't start drawing until I was 19. They almost look like chibis.

The Hollywood Bowl. They were doing the tour of "Bugs Bunny on Broadway" but called it bugs at the bowl instead. very cool show. They show cartoons (or clips) & then have a live orchestra play the soundtrack. people come dressed up in viking helmets a la Elmer in What's Opera Doc. I actually won that contest - there were multiple winners. I had different drawings on each submission - were allowed 5 or something- & this was the extra I didn't mail in.

Quote:
I never really had opportunity to add cartoon characters to any of my school work, or I probably would have. I did do some doodles occasionally I guess, so I may try to post some of those later, but they weren't cartoon characters. I think that one looks pretty good. You gotta get the references where ever you can. I don't think her head looks to big, actually. Her feet are kind of small, so it just looks like a perspective drawing.

Yes.... perspective... that's it... yeah....
I did cartoon stuff for my school work anytime I could. It was the only way I'd survive. too bored otherwise. teachers got used to it & even started to encourage it (think they got a kick out of how I'd work it in). Had some great teachers there. even in college!

Quote:
I like these! It's nice to see a series of drawings. And those falls wouldn't be Multnomah Falls just off I-84 east of Portland, would they? I'm sure there are more waterfalls in Oregon than just that one, but we usually stopped at that one on our way to visit reletives when I was a kid, so of course it's the one that comes to mind.

I don't remember. I know they were supposedly famous & that you could walk around & behind them like the warners are doing. they did live around Portland so you're probably right.

& thx Kaiser too!

=================
================================================================
Image Image Image

PostPosted: Tuesday, March 09th, 2010 - 02:40:22 
Comedy Beat

Pups, you need better material to draw on! Seriously though, they're not bad. Good job!

PostPosted: Sunday, June 03rd, 2012 - 19:38:47 
Tiny Toon

Favorite Character(s): Plucky,Hamton,SweetieDizzy etc
Those look great, you drew better than most people do at middle school age.

ImageImage