Acme Acres

Welcome Toonsters, to Acme Acres! Your place for all things Tiny Toon Adventures!
It is currently Wednesday, May 24th, 2017 - 11:37:45

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wednesday, July 29th, 2009 - 18:45:11 
Site Admin

Favorite Character(s): Babs Bunny
Thanks to Amazon.com, I now have a VHS copy of this episode, which is much better quality than the one I recorded off the television all those years ago.
I love this episode! I've heard it's the last one made, so it's kind of a finale of sorts, but I don't know for sure if that's true. Buster does purposefully give Babs a big kiss, though, so it does kind of feel like a finale, and that the writers were trying to tie up the loose end of their relationship. I really like Babs' facial expressions during the Cher and Cher Alike bit, when she's jealous of Buster talking with Cher. I thought it was also a fun gag overall, since Babs had impersonated Cher a couple times before in the series. The whole Plucky Duck Show thing was hilarious, but oh so wrong, what with all those anvils falling on Babs. She did kind of deserve it, sort of, for all those times she dropped one on Plucky, but I still say he deserves it more. I'm may just be playing favorites, though. :)

The two things I didn't like about this episode were that it was too short, and while I do like Startoons in general, I wish they'd been a little more careful animating this one. When I first saw a screen capture of the TT gang in the sleigh, at first I thought it was fan art because the characters were so off model. Important scenes like that one should have been done a little more carefully, if you ask me. And I'm not sure how well it would have worked to extend this episode out to an hour, but it always feels a little rushed to me when I watch it. It was very entertaining, so I wish it could have gone on longer.

"We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission; which is the stage of the darkest periods of human history, the stage of rule by brute force." - Ayn Rand.
http://www.framwinkle.com
Image Image Image

PostPosted: Wednesday, July 29th, 2009 - 18:52:24 
Site Admin

"Revenge is a dish best served mmph!" I have to admit, she does make a cute sound when she's flattened by an anvil. But it's still wrong. ;)

"We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission; which is the stage of the darkest periods of human history, the stage of rule by brute force." - Ayn Rand.
Image Image Image

PostPosted: Wednesday, July 29th, 2009 - 19:16:11 
Site Admin

ImageGood grief!

Image Image Image

PostPosted: Wednesday, July 29th, 2009 - 19:20:23 
Musical Score

Favorite Character(s): check my sig banners :-3
Hehe great and funny Screenshots ^__^

I also Collect, Buy, Sell, Trade, Appraise, the Pokemon aka Pocket Monsters Trading Card Game :D
3DS Friendcode : 0731-4800-6817

PostPosted: Wednesday, July 29th, 2009 - 20:48:04 
Pencil Test

Favorite Character(s): Mary Melody
"There are other Tiny Toons, but who cares who they are!" :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

My FFN page: https://www.fanfiction.net/~thejamakanumbuhi
My FiM Fiction page: http://www.fimfiction.net/user/i_am_the_jam
My DeviantarArt page: http://iamthejam.deviantart.com/

PostPosted: Thursday, September 10th, 2009 - 09:42:47 
Comedy Beat

Favorite Character(s): Furrball, Fifi, Calamty Coyote
I don't at all remember seeing this for some reason but I hope there is later a rerelease of it on DVD. I don't know about buying VHS anymore xD but we'll see. I won't ask what it is about so I can be surprised when I do end up watching it again.

PostPosted: Thursday, September 10th, 2009 - 13:43:27 
Animaniac

Favorite Character(s): Fifi La Fume and Rita
It's too bad Fifi didn't get enough lines. Other than that, it's a great special!

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

PostPosted: Thursday, September 10th, 2009 - 18:37:31 
Inked Cell

Plucky: Who cares about Buster? Not me!
::peaks out curtains to make sure no one's watching::
Plucky: (in prayer) Please take care of Buster, I'm begging you!! Otherwise, Tiny Toons will be canceled & we'll all end up on some chipmunk show!
::bawls::

=================
================================================================
Image Image Image

PostPosted: Saturday, December 26th, 2009 - 00:37:01 
Site Admin

Fifilover wrote:
It's too bad Fifi didn't get enough lines. Other than that, it's a great special!

Yeah, this is one reason why I wish this episode had been longer. If it really was a kind of finale for the show, then it would have been nice to see more of some of the characters. As it was, things were so rushed that they just couldn't fit everyone in. I'd rather it have been movie length, like the summer vacation video. Then they could have had a couple more subplots and wrapped up more than just Buster's story. I guess they couldn't have done the whole "It's a Wonderful Life" thing quite as well if they'd tried mixing in other characters, but I'd rather have a finale be a bit more inclusive.

Image Image Image

PostPosted: Saturday, December 26th, 2009 - 08:48:53 
Animaniac

The en
Framwinkle wrote:
Fifilover wrote:

Yeah, this is one reason why I wish this episode had been longer. If it really was a kind of finale for the show, then it would have been nice to see more of some of the characters. As it was, things were so rushed that they just couldn't fit everyone in. I'd rather it have been movie length, like the summer vacation video. Then they could have had a couple more subplots and wrapped up more than just Buster's story. I guess they couldn't have done the whole "It's a Wonderful Life" thing quite as well if they'd tried mixing in other characters, but I'd rather have a finale be a bit more inclusive.

The ending was good, though. When I first saw it I never knew that Bugs was Buster's guardian angel. That was quite a surprise. :D

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

Last edited by Mr. Magic on Saturday, December 26th, 2009 - 11:40:51, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Saturday, December 26th, 2009 - 11:19:55 
Site Admin

Fifilover wrote:
The ending was good, though. When I first saw it I never Bugs was Buster's guardian angel. That was quite a surprise. :D

Yeah, the beginning certainly didn't indicate that it could be him, but I don't think I was really surprised by it. I liked that ending well enough, though.

Image Image Image

PostPosted: Saturday, December 26th, 2009 - 11:44:02 
Animaniac

Another thing I liked about the special is the How the Grinch Stole Christmas reference. That was funny! :lol:

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

PostPosted: Saturday, December 26th, 2009 - 12:23:12 
Site Admin

Fifilover wrote:
Another thing I liked about the special is the How the Grinch Stole Christmas reference. That was funny! :lol:

Yeah, that sled ride made fun of a lot of stuff. I remember there was the Norelco Santa, the Grinch, and that story telling snowman from one of the Christmas specials, possibly Rhudolf but I don't remember.

Image Image Image

PostPosted: Monday, December 28th, 2009 - 14:25:48 
Comedy Beat

Favorite Character(s): Dizzy
ohh me wants! xD
what is vhs I wonder :P
xD

PostPosted: Tuesday, January 19th, 2010 - 03:15:29 
Comedy Beat

Favorite Character(s): um... Plucky?
I love this episode (special, rather) although the gratitutous name-dropping (e.g. Urkel the red-nosed rein-dude) can get a bit irritating sometimes. Watching it again this year, I noticed how Animaniacs-like a lot of the writing was, although this isn't really the kind of story they would do on Animaniacs (I don't think any of the characters could really hold that kind of story). Actually, Plucky's reliance on falling anvils in his show almost looks like a (self-)parody of Animaniacs humor.

Oh, and it's great how Buster's guardian angel is Bugs, disguised as Harvey. It has to be Harvey for the Jimmy Stewart reference, but of course in the overall arc of the series (starting with "The Looney Beginning") it has to be Bugs!