Acme Acres

Welcome Toonsters, to Acme Acres! Your place for all things Tiny Toon Adventures!
It is currently Sunday, May 28th, 2017 - 08:16:41

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tuesday, January 19th, 2010 - 08:54:10 
Site Admin

Favorite Character(s): Babs Bunny
The Spectre wrote:
Actually, Plucky's reliance on falling anvils in his show almost looks like a (self-)parody of Animaniacs humor.

I think it was just revenge for the Anvil Chorus. ;)

Quote:
Oh, and it's great how Buster's guardian angel is Bugs, disguised as Harvey. It has to be Harvey for the Jimmy Stewart reference, but of course in the overall arc of the series (starting with "The Looney Beginning") it has to be Bugs!

I never got that reference until much later, because I didn't know about that movie with Harvey the rabbit. I think it was pretty clever now that I do know. The one thing I wish had been different about this episode is that it should have been at least an hour. It's really good, but it's over too soon.

"We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission; which is the stage of the darkest periods of human history, the stage of rule by brute force." - Ayn Rand.
http://www.framwinkle.com
Image Image Image

PostPosted: Friday, January 22nd, 2010 - 18:41:49 
Comedy Beat

Favorite Character(s): um... Plucky?
Framwinkle wrote:

That could well be the case, there are a *lot* of references to earlier episodes, maybe as a kind of way of saying to the fans "Thanks for staying with us all this time!" We've got the film vaults from "Fields of Honey" and "Prom-ise Her Anything", the executives from "Thirteensomething", the whole set-up of Monty ruling Acme Acres without Buster's presence (and semi-divine guidance from Bugs) from "The Looney Beginning"...

PostPosted: Tuesday, January 26th, 2010 - 20:13:36 
Site Admin

The Spectre wrote:
Framwinkle wrote:

That could well be the case, there are a *lot* of references to earlier episodes, maybe as a kind of way of saying to the fans "Thanks for staying with us all this time!" We've got the film vaults from "Fields of Honey" and "Prom-ise Her Anything", the executives from "Thirteensomething", the whole set-up of Monty ruling Acme Acres without Buster's presence (and semi-divine guidance from Bugs) from "The Looney Beginning"...

It was a nice wrap up. I especially liked the Cher and Cher-alike bit. :) But again, I just wish the episode had been longer.

"We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission; which is the stage of the darkest periods of human history, the stage of rule by brute force." - Ayn Rand.
Image Image Image

PostPosted: Saturday, January 30th, 2010 - 15:50:38 
Background

Favorite Character(s): Plucky Duck
Plucky: (in prayer) Please take care of Buster, I'm begging you!! Otherwise, Tiny Toons will be canceled & we'll all end up on some chipmunk show!

Funny how this is the last episode.

I love how Plucky gets revenge for the Anvil Chorus (Even in an Alternate Reality).

PostPosted: Saturday, February 06th, 2010 - 00:05:04 
Site Admin

Louis6578 wrote:
Plucky: (in prayer) Please take care of Buster, I'm begging you!! Otherwise, Tiny Toons will be canceled & we'll all end up on some chipmunk show!

I've always wondered just what show he was talking about. I always assumed it was Chip and Dale Rescue Rangers, since they'd made fun of that one before, and made fun of Disney in general. But I think I heard someone say it may have been Alvin and the Chipmunks. I don't recall if there was an Alvin and the Chipmunks show on at that time.

Quote:
I love how Plucky gets revenge for the Anvil Chorus (Even in an Alternate Reality).

Funny, but oh so wrong. I admit that I laugh when Babs gets smooshed by all the anvils, but I still don't like seeing her treated like that. (Even if she may have had it comming.)

Image Image Image

PostPosted: Saturday, February 06th, 2010 - 12:25:33 
Inked Cell

Framwinkle wrote:
Louis6578 wrote:

I've always wondered just what show he was talking about. I always assumed it was Chip and Dale Rescue Rangers, since they'd made fun of that one before, and made fun of Disney in general. But I think I heard someone say it may have been Alvin and the Chipmunks. I don't recall if there was an Alvin and the Chipmunks show on at that time.

there was an alvin & the chipmunks at the time but I don't know if they were around at the exact same time or not...
but considering they made fun of the rangers in other areas (squirrel versions of CDRR C&D on Plucky's TV & he immediately flips the channel) I wouldn't be surprised. but then the Christmas special was so long after that I don't think CDRR was on the air anymore even for repeats...

=================
================================================================
Image Image Image

PostPosted: Monday, March 05th, 2012 - 17:46:32 
Script

Favorite Character(s): Babs and Buster Bunny
I love this episode!!! My favorite scene was when Buster intiates a passionate kiss for the first time. I also liked the way Babs melted by it, so cute!
That episode emphasizes Buster's love and caring toward Babs. It could have been sweeter if he also proposed her in that episode. <333

PostPosted: Monday, March 05th, 2012 - 19:03:29 
Script

Favorite Character(s): Fifi La Fume
I wish Fifi, Furrball, etc. would have got more than just cameos in this episode. It is the final episode, after all.

PostPosted: Monday, June 01st, 2015 - 14:27:58 
Toon

Favorite Character(s): Babs, Plucky
Framwinkle wrote:
Thanks to Amazon.com, I now have a VHS copy of this episode, which is much better quality than the one I recorded off the television all those years ago.
I love this episode! I've heard it's the last one made, so it's kind of a finale of sorts, but I don't know for sure if that's true. Buster does purposefully give Babs a big kiss, though, so it does kind of feel like a finale, and that the writers were trying to tie up the loose end of their relationship. I really like Babs' facial expressions during the Cher and Cher Alike bit, when she's jealous of Buster talking with Cher. I thought it was also a fun gag overall, since Babs had impersonated Cher a couple times before in the series. The whole Plucky Duck Show thing was hilarious, but oh so wrong, what with all those anvils falling on Babs. She did kind of deserve it, sort of, for all those times she dropped one on Plucky, but I still say he deserves it more. I'm may just be playing favorites, though. :)

The two things I didn't like about this episode were that it was too short, and while I do like Startoons in general, I wish they'd been a little more careful animating this one. When I first saw a screen capture of the TT gang in the sleigh, at first I thought it was fan art because the characters were so off model. Important scenes like that one should have been done a little more carefully, if you ask me. And I'm not sure how well it would have worked to extend this episode out to an hour, but it always feels a little rushed to me when I watch it. It was very entertaining, so I wish it could have gone on longer.

Coincidentally, Plucky did get his own show after this, made mostly of old Plucky episodes on Tiny Toons.