Acme Acres

Welcome Toonsters, to Acme Acres! Your place for all things Tiny Toon Adventures!
It is currently Tuesday, April 25th, 2017 - 02:41:07

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thursday, April 14th, 2011 - 15:14:32 
Musical Score

Favorite Character(s): Babs and Fifi
Looking back now that I am older that the Rita and Runts were pretty dark for a kids cartoon for example the first epsioe had them escaping the pound and Runt having to save Rita from a bucher in Les Misanimals (which I admit is one of my fave rita and runt cartoons) which I also know now it parody of Les Misables. Also there emional world war 2 one Putting on the blits a

PostPosted: Friday, April 15th, 2011 - 23:49:18 
Site Admin

Favorite Character(s): Babs Bunny
TinytoonCrazy wrote:
Looking back now that I am older that the Rita and Runts were pretty dark for a kids cartoon for example the first epsioe had them escaping the pound and Runt having to save Rita from a bucher in Les Misanimals (which I admit is one of my fave rita and runt cartoons) which I also know now it parody of Les Misables. Also there emional world war 2 one Putting on the blits a

I'd never thought of it, but I guess you're right. They did lead a pretty sad life much of the time, and met a lot of very unsavory characters.

"We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission; which is the stage of the darkest periods of human history, the stage of rule by brute force." - Ayn Rand.
http://www.framwinkle.com
Image Image Image

PostPosted: Sunday, April 17th, 2011 - 12:11:17 
Background

Favorite Character(s): Skippy Squirrel
Yeah, they never got too many happy endings. And am I weird for thinking they'd have made a surprisingly cute couple? I don't know but they have these occasionally cute moments together, like the Jack and Janet of animation. (Sorry if nobody gets that one)

Last edited by Emerl1000 on Thursday, August 30th, 2012 - 14:32:34, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sunday, June 12th, 2011 - 12:29:10 
Background

Favorite Character(s): Skippy Squirrel
Not cancelled, I read that they couldn't afford Bernadette Peters for the vocals. Not sure on how many episodes I doubt they got more than twenty, if even that many.

Last edited by Emerl1000 on Wednesday, October 03rd, 2012 - 20:43:06, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wednesday, June 29th, 2011 - 09:42:07 
Animaniac

Favorite Character(s): Fifi La Fume and Rita
I've always liked how witty Rita was and how humble Runt was.

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

PostPosted: Wednesday, August 29th, 2012 - 22:24:59 
Sound Effect

Favorite Character(s): Babs, Dot, Fifi, Gogo
I've noticed the Rita and Runt segments do have a more serious mood to them than the other cartoons; less out and out in your face laughs. I think it helps add more variety to the show.

PostPosted: Friday, August 31st, 2012 - 09:00:56 
Comedy Beat

Favorite Character(s): Buster and Babs Bunny
The "Rita and Runt" segments were great because they had slightly more plot while keeping the comedic tone. Rita's songs were nice and Runt is a VERY underappreciated role of Frank Welker.

PostPosted: Wednesday, October 03rd, 2012 - 17:25:13 
Comedy Beat

Favorite Character(s): Fifi La Fume
I remember those two!! I loved them ^^ Too bad they've been cancelled, also, Bernadette Peters was a great voice actress for her! A perfect voice for Rita, Imo. :)

PostPosted: Wednesday, October 03rd, 2012 - 18:26:39 
Layout

Favorite Character(s): Fifi La Fume, Minerva Mink
Weird random thought concerning Rita...

What if there were an Animaniacs/Sonic crossover? I could so imagine Rita singing Fly in the Freedom (Rouge the Bat's theme from Sonic Adventure 2/Battle)

Maverick Hunter D-Boy at your service!

All Hail Shadow! Heroes rise again! Obliterating everything that's not your friend!

ImageImageImage

PostPosted: Monday, October 28th, 2013 - 16:09:54 
Animaniac

Seriously, Rita should get a record deal.

Alvin and the Chipmunks did, and they're animated, too.

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

PostPosted: Wednesday, July 30th, 2014 - 02:25:05 
Comedy Beat

Favorite Character(s): Rita and Runt
Hey there.
Can anyone tell me where I can find the songs from the Rita and Runt episode 'Puttin On the Blitz'? I can't seem to find a source anywhere, it's not even on youtube but I just love the songs from this episode.

PostPosted: Thursday, July 31st, 2014 - 08:10:51 
Tiny Toon

Favorite Character(s): Plucky,Hamton,SweetieDizzy etc
Well, I managed to find the entire episode that contains "Puttin On The Blitz" on this Russian video site called "video.sibnet". The only problem is the episode is in Russian as well. :| I know you likely wanted the English version, but there just doesn't seem to be any footage of it out there currently. I'll try and keep an eye out for it in the future though. ;)
http://video.sibnet.ru/video413601-s1e31___O_Silly_Mio__Puttin_39__on_the_Blitz__The_Great_Wakkorotti___The_Summer_Concert/

Oh, and by the way, welcome to Acme Acres! :mrgreen:

ImageImage

PostPosted: Thursday, July 31st, 2014 - 12:20:02 
Comedy Beat

Thanks for the reply and the welcome.
Indeed, I do not understand Russian so that won't do. Just as the one youtube video of the songs that there is won't because it's in French! Or was it Spanish? Certainly not English that's for sure.

The full episode would be fine as well, in that case I'd just record the singing scenes on my phone. I did that once for another of my shows in which there was no online media for.

PostPosted: Thursday, July 31st, 2014 - 15:15:29 
Animaniac

Welcome, Rita and Runt. :D

Injun-Joe wrote:
Well, I managed to find the entire episode that contains "Puttin On The Blitz" on this Russian video site called "video.sibnet". The only problem is the episode is in Russian as well. :| I know you likely wanted the English version, but there just doesn't seem to be any footage of it out there currently. I'll try and keep an eye out for it in the future though. ;)
[url]<a href="http://video.sibnet.ru/video413601-s1e31___O_Silly_Mio__Puttin_39__on_the_Blitz__The_Great_Wakkorotti___The_Summer_Concert/[/url" rel="nofollow" title="Link added by VigLink" class="vglnk"><span>http</span><span>://</span><span>video</span><span>.</span><span>sibnet</span><span>.</span><span>ru</span><span>/</span><span>video413601</span><span>-</span><span>s1e31</span><span>___</span><span>O</span><span>_</span><span>Silly</span><span>_</span><span>Mio</span><span>__</span><span>Puttin</span><span>_</span><span>39</span><span>__</span><span>on</span><span>_</span><span>the</span><span>_</span><span>Blitz</span><span>__</span><span>The</span><span>_</span><span>Great</span><span>_</span><span>Wakkorotti</span><span>___</span><span>The</span><span>_</span><span>Summer</span><span>_</span><span>Concert</span><span>/[/</span><span>url</span></a>]

Oh, and by the way, welcome to Acme Acres! :mrgreen:

Where's the subtitles when you need them?

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

PostPosted: Friday, August 01st, 2014 - 01:25:03 
Comedy Beat

Much obliged Fifilover.

It's a shame, I'd found a source of television music downloads a few years ago where I was able to download 'A Place Called Home' then successfully put it on my iphone. I'd also downloaded the files for the the 'Puttin On the Blitz' numbers but they were no good, nothing happened when I'd tried to play them. I'd been hoping to try again last night but the source is gone now.

There was also a two part video on youtube of all of Rita's numbers but it too is gone now, it fell victim to Youtube's deletion.