Acme Acres

Welcome Toonsters, to Acme Acres! Your place for all things Tiny Toon Adventures!
It is currently Sunday, May 28th, 2017 - 19:52:16

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tuesday, November 04th, 2014 - 01:31:49 
Idea

TinytoonCrazy wrote:
Looking back now that I am older that the Rita and Runts were pretty dark for a kids cartoon for example the first epsioe had them escaping the pound and Runt having to save Rita from a bucher in Les Misanimals (which I admit is one of my fave rita and runt cartoons) which I also know now it parody of Les Misables. Also there emional world war 2 one Putting on the blits a

You are totally right. I think it was probably good, a little emotion added depth to the story telling.

PostPosted: Tuesday, November 04th, 2014 - 14:21:14 
Pencil Test

Favorite Character(s): Rita and Runt
Hello guys, nice to meet ya all.

First of all, I want to apologize for my english if it becomes nearly unreadable at times, it is just not my first language. In second place, I'd like to say that you got a very nice forum here... I really like what I'm seeing.

Now about the topic. It is true that the Rita and Runt cartoons were WAY over the line at times, but that is precisely what they were going for. Most -if not all- of their cartoons have a very distinctive Disney-like nature and I really appreciate the gesture. When you see episodes like «When Rita met Runt», «Les Miseranimals», and «Phranken-Runt» you really walk off richer from the experience, because they are not only funny but ingenious (and somehow heartfelt, all at once). Too bad that the expense of having Bernadette Peters in the Recording Studio to voice Rita was a deal-breaker for these two (and that she was a nightmare to schedule due to her busy professional life, having to come only once a month and record three of her cartoons in one shot).

Most the time the animation for their shorts was shipped over to Akom and Freelance (the cheaper studios) because they just had to cut down the production costs. It is a shame, because most of their cartoons fall apart when animated by them (but I’m not saying they didn’t know how to animate, their work was generally awesome with other characters, they just never got the handle of the stray duo).

I just re-discovered Animaniacs this year because I had vague memories of watching «Putting on the Blitz» when I was younger, and now that I saw all their 13 episodes again, I’m really glad I did. More than half of their shorts are not good, but when they are, they are really good (and that’s enough for me).

Good thing I just found this thread while searching the topic. I would like to stay here and contribute.

Cheers from Argentina :)!

Last edited by Moonlight on Tuesday, November 04th, 2014 - 19:06:05, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Tuesday, November 04th, 2014 - 14:31:00 
Animaniac

Favorite Character(s): Fifi La Fume and Rita
Hi, Moonlight. Glad you could join.

Probably the most dramatic Rita and Runt cartoon is the one where they were in Poland during WWII. That one's kind of a tearjerker.

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

PostPosted: Tuesday, November 04th, 2014 - 17:43:53 
Pencil Test

Favorite Character(s): Rita and Runt
Fifilover wrote:
Hi, Moonlight. Glad you could join.

Probably the most dramatic Rita and Runt cartoon is the one where they were in Poland during WWII. That one's kind of a tearjerker.

Ya know? I'm kinda embarrassed to admit it but... I had to hold my tears by the end of that one. Runt's dialogue near the closure really caught me off guard.

PostPosted: Tuesday, April 18th, 2017 - 18:26:25 
Toon

Favorite Character(s): Babs, Plucky
That was a real emiotonal one. Along with taking place during the Holocaust, Rita giving up her home just to be with Runt brings a tear to my eye. If only her songs were better, the episode would be perfect.

PostPosted: Tuesday, May 02nd, 2017 - 11:51:25 
Idea

Favorite Character(s): Slappy and Rita
Yakkofan4! wrote:
That was a real emiotonal one. Along with taking place during the Holocaust, Rita giving up her home just to be with Runt brings a tear to my eye. If only her songs were better, the episode would be perfect.

I don't want to be that guy but you're replying to a lot of threads that are many years old. The last post of this thread before yours was made in 2014. Many of the threads you are posting in are full of people that don't seem to visit this forum anymore.

Not saying this to offend you or anything but to help you realize about it.

PostPosted: Tuesday, May 02nd, 2017 - 13:13:36 
Toon

Favorite Character(s): Babs, Plucky
Don't worry! I'm not offended at all. The reason I replied on old threads was so I could give my thoughts on those topics, even if I knew they wouldn't respond. If it bugs you, I won't do it anymore.