Acme Acres

Welcome Toonsters, to Acme Acres! Your place for all things Tiny Toon Adventures!
It is currently Thursday, June 22nd, 2017 - 16:15:55

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: anyone read "Bonds"
PostPosted: Wednesday, January 19th, 2011 - 18:50:09 
Inked Cell

Favorite Character(s): Babs Bunny
so in the lack of "Family" updates on fanfiction.net, I've stumbled upon a similar tale. This one's called Bonds by FearlessFreep . It has quite a few similar elements (learning toon skills, being friends with tiny toon characters, Yakko being taught by Bugs - eventually) & has been accused of being a rip off by some reviewers. But it is uniquely different. Plus the whole mystery of what the old rubber-hose toons are up to & how the "one year later" opening fits in keeps me guessing.

It's rated T for teen due to some language (but not overly so) & some situations (yakko liking minerva, buster not paying attention to his own PSA about drinking, etc).

has anyone checked this out? any thoughts on it?

=================
================================================================
Image Image Image

Post subject: Re: anyone read "Bonds"
PostPosted: Wednesday, January 19th, 2011 - 19:03:36 
Site Admin

I'd never heard of it, but I may have to go check it out now.

"We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission; which is the stage of the darkest periods of human history, the stage of rule by brute force." - Ayn Rand.
http://www.framwinkle.com
Image Image Image

PostPosted: Monday, January 24th, 2011 - 20:35:28 
Script

Favorite Character(s): Buster
I may have to check this one out. Does anyone know what became of the MiddleWarnerSibling? Hope they are well.

Oh, and do you mind linking the story?

Come see me make my own cartoon, and please, click follow

http://www.rutherferdpaws.blogspot.com

Like videogames? Like comedic RL sketches? Like me?

http://www.youtube.com/redrailroadent

PostPosted: Monday, January 24th, 2011 - 21:00:14 
Site Admin

Cognitofalcon wrote:
I may have to check this one out. Does anyone know what became of the MiddleWarnerSibling? Hope they are well.

Oh, and do you mind linking the story?

She did link to it. Go check again.

"We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission; which is the stage of the darkest periods of human history, the stage of rule by brute force." - Ayn Rand.
http://www.framwinkle.com
Image Image Image

PostPosted: Sunday, January 30th, 2011 - 21:07:19 
Sketch

Favorite Character(s): Monty
Oh, "Bonds" is really great! The "Family" ripoff accusations only happened because the author posted at a bad time. Pretty much every single thing that was posted for a while got called a ripoff, no matter how far away from "Family" it was. (I actually think I started it, indirectly. Something I wrote frustrated almost everyone who read it, and one of the first reviewers started with this baseless accusation that what I had written was a "Family" ripoff (But we talked about it, and she told me she was just a bit confused by it and apologized, so that was good). Unfortunately some other people followed suit like little mindless zombies and then they spread to the other fics.)

"The Lavation" seems really awesome, too. I'm waiting for "Bonds" to pick up a little bit more, but right now I have to say I like "The Lavation" better because I feel like more has happened so far.

PostPosted: Monday, January 31st, 2011 - 15:12:53 
Inked Cell

Wikitiki wrote:
Oh, "Bonds" is really great! The "Family" ripoff accusations only happened because the author posted at a bad time. Pretty much every single thing that was posted for a while got called a ripoff, no matter how far away from "Family" it was. (I actually think I started it, indirectly. Something I wrote frustrated almost everyone who read it, and one of the first reviewers started with this baseless accusation that what I had written was a "Family" ripoff (But we talked about it, and she told me she was just a bit confused by it and apologized, so that was good). Unfortunately some other people followed suit like little mindless zombies and then they spread to the other fics.)

"The Lavation" seems really awesome, too. I'm waiting for "Bonds" to pick up a little bit more, but right now I have to say I like "The Lavation" better because I feel like more has happened so far.

I'll have to look that one up. thx

=================
================================================================
Image Image Image

PostPosted: Monday, February 14th, 2011 - 23:46:54 
Idea

'Bonds' and 'The Lavation' are both pretty good. I really like 'Bonds.' There's a new chapter up and there's more action in it, its pretty good. Hopefully it'll keep up this way. I say its worth checking out.

PostPosted: Thursday, June 21st, 2012 - 08:40:18 
Comedy Beat

I actually like "Bonds" more than "Family." While "Family" is very well-written I gave up reading it a long time ago since I got tired of how it just keeps dragging on and on. "Bonds" has a strongly-defined plot that is building up to an actual conclusion, and it keeps me on the edge of my seat with each passing update. :)

PostPosted: Saturday, June 23rd, 2012 - 14:50:13 
Sketch

Favorite Character(s): Monty
qwerty wrote:
I actually like "Bonds" more than "Family." While "Family" is very well-written I gave up reading it a long time ago since I got tired of how it just keeps dragging on and on. "Bonds" has a strongly-defined plot that is building up to an actual conclusion, and it keeps me on the edge of my seat with each passing update. :)

Oh man, same here! "Family" just sort of trudges on and I just barely managed to read a handful of chapters after they started at the studio before I just couldn't do it anymore. "Bonds"'s pacing and buildup is just lovely.

PostPosted: Monday, July 23rd, 2012 - 18:48:24 
Animaniac

Favorite Character(s): Plucky,Hamton,SweetieDizzy etc
[quote="Wikitiki"]Oh, "Bonds" is really great! The "Family" ripoff accusations only happened because the author posted at a bad time. Pretty much every single thing that was posted for a while got called a ripoff, no matter how far away from "Family" it was. (I actually think I started it, indirectly. Something I wrote frustrated almost everyone who read it, and one of the first reviewers started with this baseless accusation that what I had written was a "Family" ripoff (But we talked about it, and she told me she was just a bit confused by it and apologized, so that was good). Unfortunately some other people followed suit like little mindless zombies and then they spread to the other fics.)

This, along with many MANY other reasons is why I can't stand fanfiction.net. :roll:

ImageImage

PostPosted: Monday, August 13th, 2012 - 09:57:30 
Idea

Last chapter just got posted! Go read it! *sobbing*