Acme Acres

Welcome Toonsters, to Acme Acres! Your place for all things Tiny Toon Adventures!
It is currently Tuesday, April 25th, 2017 - 16:30:33

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wednesday, October 27th, 2010 - 00:16:29 
Site Admin

Favorite Character(s): Babs Bunny
Buster: "Hiya, Toonsters! Buster Bunny, here!"

Babs: "And Babs Bunny!"

Both: "No relation!"

Buster: "We're opening the ol' mail bag, so to speak, to answer some of the questions you've all just been dying to know the answers to. If there's something about us or the show that you've always wanted to know,"

Babs: "Or something that made you scratch your head and go, 'Boy! That was pretty stupid! What on earth possessed them to do that?',

Buster: "Now's your chance to ask! Just send us your question and we'll do our best to answer it!"

Babs: "So, let's see what we've got first. Here's one from Framwinkle, right here in Acme Acres. 'Dear Buster and Babs, seeing as how you're rabbits, yet much smarter than any normal rabbits, when you get sick do you go to a doctor, or to a vet?'"

Buster: "I'll handle this one. Trust me, Fram. The vet may be a little cheaper, but unless it's some kind of dire emergency and there's no choice, we definitely prefer a doctor. You do not want to get your temperature taken at the vet."

Buster and Babs both shudder.

Babs: "Okay! That brings up pleasant memories! Not! What's next?"

Buster: "It's a letter from Couch Spud, in Idaho. 'Dear Buster and Babs, when you were down river in your Vacation movie, what did you eat? You couldn't have gone without food for the whole time.'"

-----------

Now, following my example above, someone else can pick it up and have them answer. The answer can be serious, or silly, or both. When you're done having them answer that question, ask another and then let someone else answer it so the cycle can continue. It's also ok to bring in other characters if there's a question they need to answer.

There are only a couple rules.

1. You can't answer your own questions, unless you just really have a funny way to respond and you can't resist. But if you do that, you have to leave another question for the next person.

2. If you're writing a response to a question, but someone beats you to it and answers first, you can still post your reply as long as you quote the question you're answering, and you don't leave a follow up question.

3. Only the first person to respond to a question gets to ask the next question.

"We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission; which is the stage of the darkest periods of human history, the stage of rule by brute force." - Ayn Rand.
http://www.framwinkle.com
Image Image Image

PostPosted: Wednesday, October 27th, 2010 - 10:26:55 
Pencil Test

Favorite Character(s): Mary Melody
Buster: "Hey, rabbits are herbivores, so unless the river was flowing through a desert, we would have never run out of food."

Babs: "Now this one is from Canada. Dear Babs: were all those skirt peeks scripted, or did you not know about them until you saw the final edit?"

My FFN page: https://www.fanfiction.net/~thejamakanumbuhi
My FiM Fiction page: http://www.fimfiction.net/user/i_am_the_jam
My DeviantarArt page: http://iamthejam.deviantart.com/

PostPosted: Wednesday, October 27th, 2010 - 11:57:15 
Site Admin

Babs wrinkles her nose. "Skirt peeks?! Is that all some people think about? Oh, for heaven's sake!" she yells, and lifts her skirt high. "Here! Take a good look! See? I'm a toon rabbit, just like Buster! There's nothing to see! Get it?" She looks over to Buster, who's now panting heavily with his tongue hanging out on the floor. "Oh, for crying out loud!" she says, exasperated as she puts her skirt back down. She then pulls a rope, dropping a large quantity of water on Buster.

"Looks like I better take the next one, too, while Buster composes himself. This one's from Livin' in a Mitten in Saskatchewan. 'Dear Tiny Toons, I love you all, but Furrball has always been my favorite. But I've always wondered why he didn't talk? He had a voice in one cartoon, but then never used it again. Why couldn't he speak like other toons?'"

"We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission; which is the stage of the darkest periods of human history, the stage of rule by brute force." - Ayn Rand.
Image Image Image

PostPosted: Wednesday, October 27th, 2010 - 14:51:03 
Inked Cell

::Fowlmouth pops on screen in front of Buster & Babs::

FM: Eh... let's just say I ain't the only one with a problem!
::Buster sticks his head out from behind fowlmouth::
Buster: Let's watch in this rare behind the scenes clip!

::static. Shot changes to footage of a filming of a Sweetie cartoon::

Director: Action!
Furrball: I'll get that $%^*ing bird if it @$*&%(@ kills me!
Director: Cut! Furball, you KNOW the network won't allow us to do that!
Sweetie: Maybe he can just purr & not talk?
Director: Great idea. Let's make it a rule! And... action!
Furball: [sad purr...]

::static. Back to original location. Buster & Babs stand at the ready::

Babs: Those wacky behind the scenes clips... (forced laugh) Let's read another! Wubbzy from Wuzzleberg asks, "In 'Toon TV' I saw a phone number to call in requests, but it's not there now. What happened?"
Buster: Turns out we had the wrong number on the screen.

::Zip pan to Granny playing a game on an iPhone::

Granny: Darn, kids. How am I supposed to get top score on World of Goo if they keep calling me about songs?!

::Zip back to Buster & Babs::

Babs: Next guestion?
Buster: Wally in Walla Walla asks, "If those three girls wrote an episode, can I too? I have this fan fic no one's read about Fifi!"

=================
================================================================
Image Image Image

PostPosted: Wednesday, October 27th, 2010 - 17:55:54 
Site Admin

Fifi leaps into the scene.

Fifi: "Oh! An episode about moi? How wonderful! Everyone knows I did not get enough of the screen time, no? Of course you can write it!"

Buster: "Just don't expect anyone to read it."

Fifi: "Oh, what do you mean? Who could pass up such a masterpiece?"

Babs: "I wouldn't exactly call it that, Feef. He sent a copy."

Fifi: "Oh, I must see it!"

Babs: "I don't think that'd be such a good idea."

Fifi: "Nonsense! It is a work of art that must be shared!"

Babs: "Okaaay..." Passes the paper to Fifi who begins scanning it.

Fifi: "I do not understand. It is 47 pages, but it is just one big paragraph... and there is no punctuation... and he misspelled my name! And why are there no other characters except for this octopus fellow? ...Oh my!"

Buster: "And we'll be right back after these messages!"

Fifi: "Where is the envelope? I must have the address so I can kill him myself!"

The scene shifts to show Gogo Dodo standing before the camera, dressed in a business suit.

Gogo: "Friends, do you have excess bellybutton lint? Can I have it? Thank you!" ::Paid for by the Gogo Dodo for president of Wackyland campaign.:: "I'm Gogo Dodo, and I disprove this cheese!"

The scene goes back to Buster and Babs, with Fifi nowhere to be seen.

Buster: "So, let's get to our next question."

Babs: "Right! This one is from Sarah in Wasilla. 'Dear Buster and Babs, your show has been off the air for a long time now, and I miss it.' Ah! That's sweet of you to say! 'What have you been doing since then?'"

Image Image Image

PostPosted: Wednesday, October 27th, 2010 - 19:38:48 
Inked Cell

::zip pan to Buster, Babs, & Plucky on bended knee in front of Steven Spielberg::
/\/\/\/\
B,B&P: Please let us have our show back!
Spielberg: I'm sorry guys, but I have DreamWorks now. I'm done with animation.
Spielberg: I have Made for TV Movies!
Spielberg: Everyone who worked on your show has moved on to other things...
Spielberg: The network didn't renew your show.
Spielberg: It's not even on the air now
Spielberg: The DVDs aren't selling as well as we hoped
Spielberg: No
Plucky: Forget Tiny Toons... Can I have MY show back?
Speilberg: NO!

::Buster & Babs shove Plucky out of the room.::
::Cross dissolve to later. Spielberg now has a beard. There's cobwebs all over him::
B&B: Please let us have our show back!
/\/\/\/\/\
::Zip back to Buster & Babs in the answer questions room. They look kinda awkward::

Buster: Oh...
Babs: ahhh...
Buster: Lots of...
Babs: you know...
Buster: Volunteering...
Babs: Big on helping others... uh... Spending time with family....
Buster: VERY important.
Babs: Some stand up at local clubs...
Buster: Growing as an actor working with other...er... creative? people on the internet
Babs: LOTS of possibilities online... no network notes.
Buster: no... none of that...

:: Off screen we hear ::
Plucky: PLEASE let me have my show back! Please let me have my show back! Please let me have my show back!
Spielberg: NOOOOOOO!!!!

Buster: NOTHING as desperate as that.
Babs: No... Never!

::beat::

Babs: So who's got a question?!?!
Buster: Yes! Our next question is from Allen in Alberta who asks, "Where is Acme Acres anyway? Sometimes it looks like it's in California, but in other episodes it's listed by the Mississippi! Where are you?!"

=================
Image Image Image

PostPosted: Wednesday, October 27th, 2010 - 20:29:35 
Site Admin

Buster: "That's a good question! Where are we, Babs?"

Babs: "Let's have a look!"

Buster and Babs jump out of the frame and land on a polished black granite floor in a spacious room. Around them are pieces of fine art, priceless vases on pedestals, and golden bath fixtures. Behind them, a gold framed portrait of Acme Acres, like the one you see in the opening theme, is seen hanging on the wall.

Babs: "Oh! It looks like Steven's moved us to the 3rd guest bathroom in the stablehand's quarters this week! How maaaarvelous!" she drones, then pretends to gag.

Buster: "Actually, this looks more like the 2nd guest bath in the shoe shiner's hut."

Babs: "But Steven wears sneakers... We've fallen that far, huh?"

Buster: "'Fraid so."

Babs gives her best Garrison Keillor impression. "And now you know... the rest of the st..."

Buster quickly puts his hand over her mouth. "Quiet! You wanna get sued?"

Babs: "Sorry. Let's head back."

They both jump back in the painting and return to the mailbag.

Babs: "Let's see what's next. Here's one from Bill in Seattle. Bill writes, 'It's been 20 years since the debut of your show and during that time technology has changed immensely. How does it impact your lives as toons now compared to then?'"

Image Image Image

PostPosted: Thursday, October 28th, 2010 - 11:23:38 
Inked Cell

Buster: Not as much change as you may think!

:: Buster picks up a remote, pushes a button and a big screen comes down out of ceiling covering Babs. He cues the first clip ::

Buster: Here we see a clip from the show of Babs singing & dancing to an portable audio cassette player on roller skates.

:: He cues up the second clip ::

Buster: Here's a clip from the show of Babs singing & dancing to a portable CD player on roller blades.

::Buster pushes a different button on the remote & now the screen pulls up revealing Babs dancing ::

Buster: And here we have Babs singing & dancing to an iPod while wearing those shoes with the wheels in the heel.
Babs: P-P-P-Poker face. M-My poker face!
Buster: Remember that talk about not being sued??
Babs: What do those Glee kids have that I don't have?
Buster: A time slot on Fox with a huge marketing campaign.
Babs: Oh yeah. that's right.

::Babs dejectedly stops dancing. Buster pulls another question from the mailbag. ::

Buster: Lori from Loma Linda asks, "How did Elmyra of all people get her own show with Pinky and the Brain! That doesn't make any sense and the show wasn't very good. Does she have a better agent then you guys or something?"

=================
Image Image Image

PostPosted: Friday, October 29th, 2010 - 16:10:57 
Site Admin

Buster narrows his eyes. "Actually, yes. She does have a better agent."

Babs: "And a relative in production. The little so and so..."

Buster: "But aside from that, Lori, you remember the Animaniacs episode where Brain gets upset and nearly walks out of a recording session? He was like that a lot, actually, and it got on people's nerves. Important people. Now think back to the episode where as punishment, the Warners had to go on the same show with Baloney the dinosaur. Put the two together, and I think you get the idea. What's next?"

Babs: Michael in Michigan writes, 'Dear Buster and Babs, referring back to a previous question you answered, if there's nothing to see, then how do you guys have kids?'" Babs and Buster look at each other nervously. "Eh, heh! Um... Maybe this is something you should talk to your mom about, Mike?"

Buster: "Oh, come on, Babs! He asked a legitimate question. Don't just blow it off."

Babs: "Ok, then! You answer it!"

Buster: "Me? Er, uh... well, that is to say... um...the truth is... guys can't have kids."

Babs: "Oh, thank you so much for clearing that up."

Buster: "Any time. Next is a letter from Albert in Alberta. He writes, 'Dear Tiny Toons, your voice actors have done a lot of different cartoon characters. Do parts of any of your actor's other characters ever come through in your personalities, or are you totally separate from them?'"

Image Image Image

PostPosted: Monday, November 01st, 2010 - 15:37:41 
Inked Cell

Babs does a spin-change to look like Dot Warner

Babs: (sounding like Dot) "Tress MacNeille as Dot. As if!"

She spins back.

Babs: ... I have no idea what you're talking about...

Buster: Yeah, we toons are crazy enough as it is. We don't need any split personalities coming from those humans who claim to do our job!

Babs: What up with that? I think you have two guys claiming your SAG check...

Buster: I'm just that awesome!

Babs: Meanwhile mine is getting checks from The Simpsons, Futurama, Disney, Weird Al...

Buster: Okay! Okay!! Next question!

Babs: Sarah in Saskatoon writes, "Why haven't they released all your cartoons on DVD? My little sister hasn't watched all your cartoon yet! When can she??"

=================
Image Image Image

PostPosted: Monday, November 01st, 2010 - 22:24:40 
Site Admin

Buster: "Eh, heh! Funny thing about that," Buster says, an embarrassed look on his face as he tugs at his shirt collar. "We toons weren't that impressed with how Warner Brothers did the first two sets, so we decided we were going to do something really special for our fans with the last one. Calamity had it all planned out, and you were going to be able to interact with us in real time using an inter-dimensional connection through your television..."

Babs: "Unfortunately, it didn't quite work out that way."

Buster: "Yeah. But somewhere, in some alternate dimension, there's a lot of happy aliens who'd never seen our show before."

Babs: "Or a lot of chimps sitting around an obelisk trying to use the discs for food before smashing them with clubs."

Buster: "We're not sure which. So, next question!"

Babs: "This one comes from Stu in New York. 'Dear Buster and Babs, you say you're vegetarians, but I've seen you eating Weenie Burgers! Traitors! What's up with that, yo?'"

Buster: "Well, Stu. Technically, we're herbivores, not vegetarians. Vegetarians choose not to eat meat, but while we may prefer a vegetarian diet, we can still eat meat if we feel like it."

Babs: "Especially since we're toons. Toons can eat anything!"

Buster: "Right! Besides, you do remember their commercial, don't you? There's a lot of things in a Weenie Burger, but chances are meat isn't one of them, so we're probably pretty safe."

Babs looks slightly ill. "Not when you put it that way."

Buster: "Next up is Brittany in Lawndale. She writes, 'Dear Buster and Babs, have you graduated yet? It's been 20 years, so I hope you're not still going to school, unlike someone I know who shall remain nameless, Kevin!'"

Image Image Image

PostPosted: Friday, November 05th, 2010 - 20:28:51 
Inked Cell

Buster & Babs blink at each other.

Buster: oooooohkaaaaaaaayy...... We'll stay out of this one, Kevin.

Babs: Our school status is simple. 1) Class was canceled when the teachers got jobs...

Buster: Space Jam, Looney Tunes: Back in Action...

Babs: Loon...(giggle) Loonatics.... and that new sitcom of theirs... And 2) Bugs is so dedicated to our education that he wants us to be prepared for any & every animated possibility!

Buster: Which was fine back in the early '90s when there were only about 2 different types of animation styles out there.

Babs: But then came these darn toys from Pixar...

Buster: PIXarrrr went and raised the bar way higher than Reboot and so we had to learn all about THAT!

Babs: Then those flash people took over TV with their...

She spin changes into a flat thick black outlined style and turns sideways to show the camera how flat she is. she wobbles to keep her balance on her paper-thin feet

Babs: Colorform style and ADD quick cuts, so we had to learn that.
She spin changes back.

Buster: Those darn British guys at the Oscars® went and reminded Bugs about Stop-motion...

Babs: IT NEVER ENDS!!!!

Buster: We can't graduate because they keep adding to the curriculum!! It's nothing but term papers, and finals and labs!! Oh, the labs!!

Babs starts running around in circles screaming hysterically.
Buster stops her.

Buster: But there is one silver lining to all of this.

Babs: What's that?

Buster: In this economy who can get a job? At least we can live off our student loans!

Babs: True. ...until we DO graduate, then we'll have to start paying them back... Compounded over 20+ years...

Buster: Let's not think of that now. Next question: Larry in Lawndale,

Babs: Hey! Same town as Kevin hater!

Buster: ...writes, "If you toons can pull whatever you want out from behind your back, why work at all? Just keep pulling money out of there! Crooks wouldn't have to rob anyone. It'd be a perfect world!"

=================
Image Image Image

PostPosted: Sunday, November 07th, 2010 - 20:51:27 
Site Admin

Babs pulls a wad of cash out from behind her back with her right hand. "Hey! That's a great idea! Why didn't I think of that before?" She pulls another wad of cash from behind her back with her left hand and then starts waving them around like pompoms, dancing and singing "We're in the money! We're in the money!"

Buster just looks at her, shaking his head, and then turns to the camera. "Well, Larry, first off it would be highly illegal."

Babs stops dancing and singing, a sheepish look on her face. "Eh heh! I mean..." She hides her hands behind her back and then removes them again, showing that they're empty. "Easy come, easy go!" She smiles innocently, and then whispers to Buster through her teeth, "We can edit that out, right?"

Buster continues. "Making money out of thin air would be no different from counterfeiting, and we could get in big trouble for it," he says, glancing at Babs who's still trying to look innocent. "Besides, even if it were legal it wouldn't be that simple."

"Yeah," Babs adds. "They've got those little serial numbers."

"Ahem!" Buster continues again. "If money were free, then it would also be worthless, so it wouldn't matter how much you had, you still wouldn't be able to buy stuff with it."

"But we can make other things out of thin air," Babs adds. "Like pies," she says, producing a pie that she casually tosses at Buster, who ducks it easily.

"Squirt guns," Buster says, producing a squirt gun that he fires at Babs, who also dodges.

"Stealth bombers," Babs says, about to pull one from behind her back.

"Whoa! Whoa!" Buster interrupts her. "We don't have room for one of those in here!"

"Spoil sport," she chides him.

Buster addresses the camera again. "But even these things aren't always real. For instance, a water balloon is simple enough," and he tosses one at Babs, who dodges again.

"But a CD player might be going a bit too far," Babs explains, "Since unless you actually know exactly how to build one, and can imagine all those little tiny circuits, whatever you produce won't actually work."

"That's right," Buster continues. "A lot of the things we make may look real on the outside, but I don't have a clue how to build a positron emission tomography scanner," he says, pulling one from behind his back, "So how do you expect me to make one?" He tosses the complex machine aside with a loud crash. "It's not magic. Most of this stuff is really just for show."

"Even food is usually too complex." Babs produces a fantastic-looking creme pie and holds it up for the audience to see. "The classic toon pies may be edible, but unless you're a pro like me," she says, using a finger to take a swipe from the pie and then licking her finger clean. A somewhat sour look appears on her face, but she tries to hide it. ::cough:: "they don't usually taste that good." Buster just points at her over his shoulder with his thumb while shaking his head. "Hey!" she protests, making Buster duck again as she throws the pie at him, at little more forceful this time. "Do you have any idea how hard it is just to make a decent sugar molecule?!"

"Exactly!" Buster says. "There's a reason Bugs sometimes works for carrots. He can make something that looks like a carrot, and even crunches like a carrot, but there's no way to reproduce all the complex molecules that make up a real carrot."

Babs gets a ponderous look on her face and turns to Buster. "But Buster, what about gold? I mean, it's pretty simple, and untraceable."

"Shh!" He warns her, then whispers. "How do you think we're going to pay off those student loans?" They both smile wide. "Eh, so about that next question?"

"Oh, right!" Babs says, grabbing another letter from the mailbag. "This one is from Bubbles in Townsville. She writes, 'Dear Buster and Babs, your show is really good, and the squirrels next door really liked it. So did Octi... blah, blah, blah... But if toons never age, does that mean you still live with your parents?'"

Image Image Image

PostPosted: Tuesday, November 09th, 2010 - 21:21:38 
Inked Cell

Buster: Professor Utonium giving you kids trouble or something?

Babs: Well if you had paid attention to MY cartoon, "Fields of Honey" then you'd know that toons do age - just when they're not getting any laughter.

She does a spin change into a teacher's outfit with horn rimed glasses & pulls down a diagram from the ceiling. She points to the drawings there on with a huge pointer.

Babs: (talking in an elderly haughty tone) Now class, take the example of Huey, Dewey, & Louie. In their classic cartoons they appear to be around 5-7 years of age. Flash forward to their appearance on DuckTales. They are older, maybe 10-12. Forward again to Quack Pack. Here they are old enough to drive a car & appear to have gone through puberty as their voices have changed. Yet forward to House of Mouse and they are back to their high pitched voices and slightly older than DuckTales bodies. As you can see, toon age is flexible; based mostly on laughter.

Buster: But a highly skilled toon can also temporarily adjust their age. Like Baby Looney Tunes. They can't do it for long but they can do it.

Babs: Then how come Bugs was "the oldest" on that show if in reality Daffy is older? Not to mention Petunia.

Buster: Porky wasn't on the show?

Babs: Nope. Just needed more token females. That rip off Lola wasn't enough apparently. heh heh

They hear a cell phone ring. Babs sheepishly grins then pulls out the phone & puts it on speaker.

Babs: Talk to me.

Inside the bedroom of The Powerpuff Girls in Townsville, Bubbles holds their red emergency phone while Blossom hovers & looks out the window & Buttercup paces angerly while flying.

Bubbles: Hello! Um... Could you guys please answer all of my question?

Buttercup: Tell them to get to the point! Can we ditch the adult or not?!

Back in the "studio"...

Babs: (in announce type voice) Trouble in Townsville?!?

Buttercup: (on the phone) Yeah, that's the point!

Back in their room...

Buttercup grabs the phone from Bubbles and flies to the window pointing at a huge monster attacking the city.

Buttercup: There's some big monster out there & we can't go get it because we're grounded!

Blossom: YOU'RE grounded. The professor didn't like you trying to change our name.

Buttercup: So the Whoop A$$ Girls is fine when McCracken was in college but not now? I like it!

Bubbles: You said a bad word & it makes me want to cry...

Buttercup: IF YOU HADN'T CRIED WE WOULDN'T BE IN THIS MESS!!

Bubbles starts to cry. Blossom takes the phone from Buttercup.

Blossom: We don't want to go out without her, but we don't want to disobey the professor either. But if there's some type of loop hole then we're good, right? Plus, it's been over 10 years... It'd be nice to go to a real school instead of that preschool...

Bubbles: But I like the smiley faces I get for my pictures!

Babs: (on the phone) What happened with that Anime thing I heard about? You guys were older there and not living with the Professor, right?

The Powerpuff Girls stare awkwardly at each other.

Blossom: We don't talk about that...

Back in "studio"...

Buster & Babs think about this. Buster reaches up & grabs another pull down display from the ceiling to cover Babs' example of Huey, Dewey & Louie. This one contains a progression of Goofy's son Max.

Buster: I don't know... It looks like the only good way to not live with your parent is to grow up & move out the old fashioned way. This guy started young, went through middle & high school, then moved out & graduated from college!

Babs: I know a way...

Buster: how? besides bad things that involve jail time or running away.

Babs: If they have COOL parents like yours. I never see them!! They're never around! You throw parties all the time, have sleepovers when you want, no one tells you when or where to do something...!

Buster: ...Not necessarily there when I need them either...

Babs: Please! I'll trade ya!

Babs' Mom: (off camera) Oh Barbara Ann....

Buster laughs. Babs fumes.

Babs: I told you never to call me THAT!

Babs' Mom: (off camera) When will this be over? You need to baby sit your hundreds of siblings, don't'cha know.

Babs: Yes, I'm well aware of that, mom...

Babs' Mom: (off camera) Can you come here for a second? Your Nana wants to see that funny thing that you do.

Babs: *sigh* (to Buster) I'll be right back...

She slowly walks off camera and hands Buster her phone.

Buster: I don't know what to tell you girls... Girls?

Back in the bedroom...
Buttercup watches dejectedly out the window as the other two girls fight the monster.

Buttercup: Thanks for nothing!

Back in "studio"...
Buster flinches as Buttercup slams the phone.

Buster: sheesh!

Babs: (off camera) I've fallen & I can't get up.

Nana & Babs' Mom laugh hysterically. Babs slowly walks back on camera.

Buster: THAT'S the funny thing that you do?!?

Babs shrugs

Babs: Eh, give the people what they want! Anyway, I've bought us some time. They'll keep talking about that for days before they leave & I have to babysit.

Buster: So no rush?

Babs: Nope. How'd it go?

Buster: Eh.

He hands her phone back to her.

Buster: How about another question?

Babs: Sure. Here's one from Junior in Moose Lake. He writes, "Dear Tiny Toons, I really like your show! My question is: What's the best way to deal with a bully? There's this big kid who won't let me near the swing set at the playground! What do I do?"

=================
Image Image Image

PostPosted: Wednesday, November 10th, 2010 - 14:27:59 
Site Admin

Buster: "A bully, huh? Well, Junior, this question isn't really about us or the show, but I can't turn down a fan in trouble. After all, we've had to deal with Monty for years now, so I think we can give you some pointers. The best way to deal with a bully is comedy."

Babs spin changes into her game show hostess dress and high heels. "And when it comes to comedy, your best friend is Acme!" she says, gesturing towards a flashing Acme logo and phone number that appears on the bottom of the screen.

"That's right!" Buster says. "From joy buzzers and whoopie cushions..." He gestures towards Babs, who holds up the mentioned items and demonstrates them briefly, shocking herself and falling on the whoopie cushion before tossing them aside. "To dynamite and death rays..." Babs lights the dynamite and throws it off screen while firing the death ray randomly to the sounds of screaming camera men and key grips. "Acme has all the best products for your comedic needs."

"And when it comes to bullies," Babs says, spinning back to her normal clothes, "you can't go wrong with a little slapstick humor." She reaches off screen and pulls a dazed Monty into view.

Monty: "Hey! What am I doing here? What do you want with me, rabbits?"

Buster: "So the bully won't let you near the swings?"

Babs: "Just drop a piranha down his pants!" She opens the front of Monty's trousers and drops a large angry fish inside, much to Monty's dismay.

Monty: "Aaaaaagh!"

Buster: "Someone trying to take your lunch money?"

Babs: "Give them something to chew on instead!" she says, as she shoves an exploding Acme cigar into Monty's mouth and lights it. A second later it explodes, covering Monty's face in black soot.

Buster: "Is someone waiting to beat you up after school?"

Babs: "Booby trap the area with a pit trap filled with rabid hyenas!" She picks Monty up and tosses him into a giant hole, from which can be heard much growling and screaming.

Buster: "All of which are available at very reasonable prices from Acme! So you see, Junior..."

Babs: "You should never ask a toon how to deal with a bully."

Buster: "Exactly. Next we have a question from Bernard in Bermuda. Speaking of Monty, just how rich is he, and where does he get his money?"

Image Image Image