Acme Acres

Welcome Toonsters, to Acme Acres! Your place for all things Tiny Toon Adventures!
It is currently Saturday, April 29th, 2017 - 11:31:13

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 73 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Tuesday, November 16th, 2010 - 09:37:16 
Musical Score

Favorite Character(s): Babs and Fifi
Buster: "Exactly. Next we have a question from Bernard in Bermuda. Speaking of Monty, just how rich is he, and where does he get his money

Babs- That a good question Bernard as you know in Citzen Max that Monty got his wealth by dumb luck by winning the lottery

Buster stares at Babs- I wish I was that lucky ,however Babs that was just for the parody of Citzen Kane , we not really sure where Max get his wealth from aside from parents , and for your second question I think Mr Burns from the simpsons and Scrooge Mcduck are richer then monty

Babs - Here our next question from little annie - I am very sick and love fifi lafume I would like her to vist me in the hosptial

Buster - Aw a sick fan of coruse we be able arrrange something

An angry Fifi suddenly comes up Buster -

Fifi in her french accent- Excuse me Buster but after what how you say happened last time I staying well clear of hosptials

Cut to clips of out of ordor and hare to day gone tomorrow

Buster shudders - Good point fee Elmyra was a really nightmare

Babs- Here our proper question from Chris from Aberedare wales , you had lots of potienal undeveloped characters like Mary Melody and Lit, Lighting my question is why didn't you use them

PostPosted: Tuesday, November 16th, 2010 - 20:40:18 
Inked Cell

Favorite Character(s): Babs Bunny
Buster: Well, that's not the first time we've received that question:

Buster cues up a clip from "Weekday Afternoon Live".
/\/\/\/\
Buster on tape sits behind a desk.

Buster: ... viewers complained that the character Barky Marky is not in enough scripts. The Tiny Toons casting director had this to say...

::pan over to Babs dressed as casting director::

Babs: Who's Barky Marky?

::hear rim-shot::
/\/\/\/\/\

Buster stops the clip & addresses camera.

Buster: Basically the answer's the same. We don't know. Ask the writers! Next question...

Babs: Buster...

Buster: What?

Babs: Can't you give him anything? A fan asked a question!

Buster shrugs.

Babs: Didn't you write an episode? Why didn't you put them in there?

Buster: I didn't write it, that Charlie Adler guy did!

Babs: *sigh* look, Chris. While we don't make all the executive decisions, and we love our co-stars, Acme Acres is a big place! There just wasn't time to give everyone a starring role!

Buster: you could have donated one of your episodes...

Babs: I don't hear you volunteering your episodes mister...!

::beat:: Buster re-reads the note.

Buster: And who's "Lit, Lighting"?

Babs: I think that's a typo... It's hard for whales to type with those huge flippers and all...

Buster: Chris isn't a whale, he's from the country of Wales!

Babs: Country? I don't think Yakko covered that in his song!

Buster: Yeah, it's soooo accurate. Thanks for my B+ in geography, Warner!

Babs: He's not being sarcastic. Maps aren't his best skill...

Buster: I'm tellin' ya, they keep moving Albuquerque on me! That town's on wheels!!

Babs: Riiiiiiight..... Next question: Marty in Korea says, "Hello. I really liked the episode where you guys dressed as rubber-hose toons and did an old time style of cartoon. What would it be like if you did an anime cartoon?

=================
================================================================
Image Image Image

PostPosted: Wednesday, November 17th, 2010 - 03:29:02 
Site Admin

"Anime, huh?" Buster says. "We've actually studied that quite a bit. First, Babsy here would be about twice as tall," As he motions to Babs, she adjusts her height, suddenly towering over Buster. "mostly legs," Babs grabs her hips and shifts her proportions, raising her waist as though she were pulling up a pair of pants. "and with much, MUCH larger..."

"BUSTER!" Babs yells, glaring at him. "We're not going there! Okay?"

"Okay! Okay!" Buster says, surrendering.

"And as for Buster," Babs continues. "He'd be taller as well, with long, crazy hair and a droopy ear that hangs down over one eye so you can't see his face, and a general anti-social attitude."

Buster makes all the necessary changes as Babs lists them, completing the look by turning sideways to the audience and leaning casually against a non-existent wall, a lit cigarette hanging from his mouth. "Hey." he says. "It's Japan. Get used to it." He flicks the cirgarette away and shifts his stance to once again face the audience. "Then there's the matter of costumes. Since we're going to school, we'd have to dress appropriately, since school kids in Japan all wear a standard uniform,"

Babs spins into a typical Japanese school girl outfit in Acme Loo colors. "So all the girls on the show would be dressed just like this," she says, presenting herself. "Even Fifi!"

"Yeah," Buster adds. "But the skirts would actually be a lot short... Er, never mind." he says, seeing the look Babs is giving him again. "And as for the guys," he says, doing a quick spin into costume. "We'd all have to wear a white dress shirt, tie, and a dark jacket."

"And pants!" Babs adds, gleefully.

"...And pants." Buster mopes, spinning again to correct his error. "Next we'd need a theme. Lots of anime involves kids going to school, so that part wouldn't change. But there'd probably be something extra. Some kind of hook to make the show stand out. Some conflict that could be used to write the plot around so that it's not just a show about kids going to school."

"Right!," Babs adds. "Instead it'd be a show about kids going to school while fighting monsters." She pulls a large, nasty looking beast from behind her back, which snarls threateningly before being kicked out of the frame by Buster. "Or vampires!" There's a puff of smoke and large vampire appears, also snarling at Buster, who deftly leaps away from it into the air while at the same time throwing a wooden stake into the vampire's heart. The vampire clutches his chest shortly before disapearing in another puff of smoke.

"Or maybe some of the students are the vampires." Buster says as he lands, showing a set of fangs.

"And other students have super powers to fight them!" Babs says, channeling energy into a ball in her hands which she hurls at Buster.

Buster merely counters with his own energy blast, the two meeting in the middle with tremendous sparks and lightning. "Or maybe all of those at once!" he says, as another monster and vampire appear on either side of Buster and Babs. They stop fighting each other, and position themselves back to back to defend themselves, striking a dramatic pose and firing more energy at their attackers who then disapear.

"Eh," Babs says, shrugging and returning to a normal pose. "It's been done."

"Yeah," Buster agrees. "There's really no telling what the theme might be. But you can almost guarantee that there would be an ongoing storyline. Instead of each episode being separate, they'd all follow one another, building on the common plot while developing characters."

"Character development?" Babs screams, sarcastically. "Oh! The horror! You mean, we might actually get to develop our relationship? Maybe even a little romance?"

"Eh, most likely," Buster replies, looking a little nervous.

"Sign me up!" Babs grins.

"Er, right." Buster says. "And don't forget that the entire show would be in Japanese, and the only way anyone outside of Japan would even get to see it would be through illegal downloads on the internet, or if you're lucky, DVDs at Best Buy."

"And if you're unlucky," Babs adds, "Fox Kids would pick it up and get bad voice actors that sound nothing like us to dub it into cheesy English while stripping the show of any aspect that made it watchable in its original form."

"Tell me about it," Buster sighs. They both spin back to their original sizes and costumes. "So, our next question comes from Dave in Davenport. He writes, 'Dear Buster and Babs, speaking of Japan...' How do they get these questions to us so fast? 'Speaking of Japan, I've seen you guys in a couple Japanese commercials, and you were speaking Japanese. Can you really speak Japanese, or is it some kind of trick that toons can do?'"

"We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission; which is the stage of the darkest periods of human history, the stage of rule by brute force." - Ayn Rand.
http://www.framwinkle.com
Image Image Image

PostPosted: Wednesday, November 17th, 2010 - 12:20:17 
Inked Cell

Babs: Well Dave, if it's funny we toons can do just about anything for a short period of time. that includes speaking other languages.

Buster: But for something like an ad they want it really well done. So they'll try to write the scripts out fo-net-i-call-y for us.

Babs: ...Or those aforementioned native speakers who do voice overs for us. Hmm... I wonder what ads he's talking about?

She pulls out a smart phone from behind her back & begins to search YouTube.

Buster: There was some Nissay ad we shot here in the states but they had the people who dub our show over there doing the voices. We don't film our show in every language. It'd take too long. We'd have no time to film new episodes if we had to tape every episode in every language!!

Babs: Uh... yeah....

Buster: Babs?

Babs: Have you seen this Hitachi "Hare" dryer ad before?

Buster: the what?

Babs: I don't remember taping this... I mean it looks familiar but...

Buster grabs the phone from her & watches the ad.

Buster: We didn't! Look, you can see where they cut us out of the show!!

Babs: I'm calling my agent!!

she snatches the phone back & dials.

Babs: Hey, Loni, what's up with this youtube ad! ... this hare dryer thing! we're in it but we didn't tape it! ... well I want payment! Buster too!! ... well, yeah, it's from Japan ... what do you mean you can't do anything! Sue them!! .... why not? ... you're kidding?! ... *sigh* ok....

She hangs up.

Buster: That went well.

Babs: Apparently copyright rules are different in other countries & us toons don't have rights to our own images & their uses in other countries.

Buster: Seriously?!?!?

Babs: Yep. Apparently the studios have been fighting this for years without any luck. And if THEY can't win in court...

Buster: ... what chance do we have?!

They both sit there for a while with their shoulders slouched.

Babs: Thanks for your question, Dave.

Buster: Yeah, really made my day.

They perk up into "on camera" mode.

Babs: Next question! Dan in North Hollywood writes, "What was it like to film those old Fox Kids ads that advertised the whole network? Did you get to hang out with other Fox Kids toons like Eek the Cat or the X-men? Or did you have to tape it separately and it was done it editing?"

=================
Image Image Image

PostPosted: Thursday, November 18th, 2010 - 00:01:14 
Site Admin

"Well, Dan," Buster says, "Fox Kids was pretty cheap, so there was actually very little new animation done for those ads. Most of it was just pulled right out of our shows and edited together, kind of like those Japanese ads, except we got paid for it."

"Darn right we did!" Babs exclaims.

"But occasionally we would get to meet some of the other toons, especially at parties."

"Yeah! Fox was big about parties."

Buster holds up a remote and points it at the camera as he pushes a button. The scene cuts to a flashback of what looks like a company Christmas party. A small band plays Christmas songs in the background, and toons of all kinds with shows airing on the Fox network are mingled together.

"Please, oh, please, oh, please let me have a part on your show!" Plucky begs Batman. "Mine was canceled! Now they're just doing reruns! I could fill in for you when you need it! I could do stunts! I could fetch your water! Anything!"

"No." Batman responds, then sips his punch. His eyes narrow and his usual cold look becomes even colder. He turns his head and spits out a large iron spike which he catches in his free hand. "%*#& toons." Just then Yakko and Wakko run past, pointing at him and laughing.

"Wait," Plucky asks, confused. "Aren't you a toon?"

Batman grabs Plucky by the beak and brings him up to eye level. "I'm Batman."

In another corner, Wolverine looks over the Power Rangers with disgust. "What is it with you freaks? Who in their right mind dresses like that?"

"You're one to talk!" one of the Rangers retorts.

"What are they even doing here?" Jubilee asks. "They're not even toons!"

"Ya got me, Bub."

"Hey!" another Ranger responds defensively. "We're on Saturday mornings! That's close enough. Isn't it?"

They're interrupted by Eek! the Cat, who runs past quickly with his tail on fire, screaming, "Oh, gosh! It hurts!" followed closely by Sharky and Bart Simpson who's firing his slingshot at the poor purple cat.

The camera follows the chase briefly and then stops at another area nearby where we see Buster and Babs having a conversation with Bobby from Bobby's World.

"So then," Bobby tells them, "the man says to me, 'Are you lost?' And I said 'No. I'm right here.'"

"Uh, huh." Babs says, obviously bored nearly to tears.

"Then he asked me if I knew where my parents were, so I told him they were crazy."

"Right."

"Because that's where mom said I was driving them, so I figured they must be there by now.

"I'm sure."

"But I don't even know how to drive!"

"Really?"

"No! I can't reach the pedals!"

"That's fascinating!"

The scene cuts back to Buster and Babs in the studio, Babs looking at a PDA she's holding in her hand. "Oh yeah, those parties were a blast!" Babs says unenthusiastically.

"Exhilarating." Buster adds.

"Did you know that Bobby kid's show actually ran longer than ours did?" she says, reading from her PDA.

"It WHAT?" Buster asks, shocked.

"Eight years! And according to Wikipedia, he even made an appearance on Deal or No Deal as late as 2007!"

"But, how? We can't even get on that show!"

Babs just looks up at him. "I know. Disgusting, isn't it?" They both turn back to the camera and shake their heads as Babs tosses the PDA away.

Buster sighs. "So, next question. This one comes from Figaro in Seville. 'Dear Buster and Babs, in your movie Dizzy had a problem with shedding. As furry toons yourself, do you ever have the same problem?'" Buster suddenly looks nervous. "What? Eh, no! Never!"

"Oh, really?" Babs says, giving him a look, to which he simply smiles sheepishly. This time Babs is the one who pushes the button on the remote, and the scene cuts to the inside of Buster's burrow. We see Buster lying on his couch just as visitors arrive.

"Knock, knock!" Babs yells, poking her head into the hole before leaping down into his burrow, closely followed by Plucky and Shirley. "Hey, Buster! We were wondering if you wanted to come with us for some pizza. There's this new place that just opened up and, whoa!" She stops as she notices something different about the room.

"Hey!" Plucky exclaims, also noticing the change. "You finally got the place carpeted! Nice! Much better than that old dirt. And shag! You animal, you!" he says, elbowing Buster jokingly, while receiving a nasty look from Shirley. Buster just looks embarrassed.

"Um, Plucky? Like, I don't think that's carpet." Shirley points out.

"What? What else would it be?" he asks. Now Babs looks slightly embarrassed on Buster's behalf.

"Um, like take a look at the color. Look familiar?"

"Yeah, it matches Buster's... fur. Eew!" he yells, and jumps onto a table, glaring at Buster.

"Aw, come on!" Buster says in his defense. "It's summer! I can't help it."

"It's disgusting!" Plucky protests.

"This from a guy who lines his bed with his own feathers." Buster argues.

"Hey! That's different! I'm a waterfoul, bub! Feathers are clean and pure, nature's works of art! This is just gross!"

"It is not! It's the same fur I've got on my skin!"

"Like, don't you have a vacuum cleaner, or something?" Shirley asks.

"Hey! Look at me!" Babs interrupts, trying to lighten the mood as she drops to the floor and rolls around, covering herself in Buster's blue fur until almost none of her own pink shows through. She then jumps up and stands next to Buster for comparison, arms outstretched as she yells, "Tada!"

Plucky and Shirley just stare in shock, Shirley looking slightly ill. "Yuck! Crazy mammals." Plucky says, turning to go. "Forget pizza, I'm going home to take a shower."

"Like, fer sure." Shirley agrees.

"You're coming with me to take a shower?" Plucky asks, hopefully.

"Like, in your dreams, Plucky." she responds as they leave the burrow.

Buster and Babs just look at each other. Babs shrugs, and Buster sighs. "Seriously, Buster." She says as she shakes herself off. "You really need to clean more often. I have dozens of brothers and sisters, and our place NEVER looks like this!"

The scene cuts back to the studio. "Okay," Buster admits. "Maybe there's an occasional problem with shedding. But not since I got that new Acme vacuum!"

"Assuming you use it." Babs reminds him.

"Eh, heh! Right." he says, sheepishly. "So! Next question! This one is from Mikey in Anaheim..." He stops. "Mikey? Really?" he asks, suspiciously.

Babs rolls her eyes and softly sings, "M I _ K E Y."

"Ahem!" Buster continues, regaining his composure. "So, 'Mikey' writes, 'Dear Buster and Babs, I know you're Warner Brothers toons, but have you ever been to Disneyland? If so, how did it go, and what parts did you like?"

"We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission; which is the stage of the darkest periods of human history, the stage of rule by brute force." - Ayn Rand.
Image Image Image

PostPosted: Thursday, November 18th, 2010 - 00:07:13 
Site Admin

And I think we'll also add a new rule to this.

If you're composing a reply to a question, but someone beats you to answering it, you can still post your reply as long as you don't ask another question at the end. That way people can still share their work, but we'll only have one line of questions to keep things from getting confusing. You should also quote the question you're answering just to make things extra clear.

It occurred to me that some of these replies can take a long time to write, (I know mine do!) so it could be frustrating to spend hours on an answer only to have someone post a reply before you can finish your own. This way everyone can still finish and share their replies, which should be more fun anyway to see what different people come up with, and you don't have to worry about time and effort being wasted.

So in other words, when a question is asked, everyone can answer it in their own way as long as you quote the question in your reply. However, only the first person to answer gets to ask the next question.

Image Image Image

PostPosted: Thursday, November 18th, 2010 - 23:09:05 
Inked Cell

Framwinkle wrote:
"So! Next question! This one is from Mikey in Anaheim..." He stops. "Mikey? Really?" he asks, suspiciously.

Babs rolls her eyes and softly sings, "M I _ K E Y."

"Ahem!" Buster continues, regaining his composure. "So, 'Mikey' writes, 'Dear Buster and Babs, I know you're Warner Brothers toons, but have you ever been to Disneyland? If so, how did it go, and what parts did you like?"

Babs: Well, MIKEy.... there are benefits to being toons associated with Spielberg. One of which is anytime there's a theme park ride associated with one of his movies then we all get to go for a field trip!

Buster: Yeah, who better to be the first to test thrill rides that could kill people than toons!

This dawns on Buster & Babs so they pause to think about this. Both of them shrug it off and they continue to answer.

Babs: We got a free day at Universal Studios Hollywood when they put in that Jurassic Park ride...

Buster uses the remote to cue the clip. Tiny Toons, Animaniacs, Fievel (from American Tale) and other Spielberg toons are floating in the boat on the ride. It leans to one side as they all gather on one end of the boat to avoid Elmyra.

Elmyra: All of my fuzzy friends are here to play with me!!! *GASP*! Lookit the dino heads!!

As she jumps out of the boat it nearly capsizes, but the toons quickly balance it as they go along the track. Elmyra jumps from anamatronic dino to anamatronic dino barely missing their automated teeth snaps. She crawls on top of a T-Rex head and spots the toons in the boat floating towards her.

Elmyra: Hey, my new scally friend. Can you lower me down so I can hug the fuzzy heads!

the Warners scrunch in their seats at this threat. The T-Rex's head bobs dangerously close to the boat as it buckles under Elmyra's weight. It teeters for a bit, then CRASH! The neck snaps off taking Elmyra down with it, crashing the track and the building creating a 85 foot drop from the show building.

The boat and Elmyra zoom to the earth as they all scream in terror! ...and splash harmlessly in the overflow lake below. The toons crawl out of the boat & meet up with Steven & a developer of the ride.

Hampton: That was the scariest thing ever!!

Dot: And I'm all wet!

Steven turns to the developer.

Steven: Hmm... You know, leave the drop & make it a waterfall. Fix the T-Rex, but leave the drop in. I like it!

Back in the studio, Buster stops the tape.

Babs: And now you know... the rest of the

Buster: What did we say about quoting that line?!?

Babs sticks her tongue out at him.

Buster: But to answer your question, we did go to Disneyland twice with Steven earlier. Once for the opening the Roger Rabbit Car-Toon Spin in "ToonTown"...

Babs: ... which is soooo accurate to the real place! NOT!

Buster: And Roger would not stop talking!

Babs does a spin take into a Roger costume.

Babs: (as Roger) Hey! We're all rabbits! We should be best friends!! P-p-p-p-p-pleeease!!!!

Buster: Creepy! And Jessica was NOWHERE to be seen!

Babs spins back.

Babs: Why would that matter?

Buster: Uh...well.... I-I feel it's only professional...

Babs: Uh huh...

Buster: If the ENTIRE cast of something make a show for an industry premiere. It's only polite.

Babs: sure...

Buster grins sheepishly for a sec then turns back to camera.

Buster: And the other time was for the opening of his Indiana Jones Ride...

Babs: ...wouldn't spring to send us to Disney World for the Indy show though.

Buster cues the tape. Buster is in full Indy costume from his one parody episode and Babs, Hampton & Plucky wait in line. There are spikes coming out from the walls and parts of the ceiling are held up with poles of "bamboo". Hampton is clearly worried by the theme of the queue. Babs turns to Buster.

Babs: You're really into this aren't you?

Buster: Why not? We must explore this temple of riches that no one has ever seen or been in before!

Plucky: except for the 200 people in line in front of us!

He leans against the one lone bamboo pole that's reachable from the queue. It "gives way" triggering loud noises & flashing lights to simulate the ceiling coming down. Hampton freaks out & cowers under Plucky. The noises stop and the lights return to normal. The pole slowly returns to it's upright position. Hampton's teeth chatter as he crawls out from under his friend.

Babs: oooh! This dark ride might actually do something other than sing at you!

The scene blurs and the sound of a tape being sped up is head. We hear Buster back at the studio:

Buster: eh, that was the only highlight there. Now to the actual attraction!

The scene resumes it's normal speed. Buster is now in the driver's seat. Next to him sits Babs, Hampton & Plucky is on the end of the isle. Buster fully embraces his role as they enter the first room pretending to steer the nailed down steering wheel.

Buster: Forward! We must explore this delicate and ancient temple in the most destructive vehicle we can find!

The toons look around and see that the first room is themed to riches this time around. Plucky goes nuts.

Plucky: Look at all that gold! Forget this seat belt, I'm heading there!!

Hampton: Plucky! You're supposed to keep your hands, arms, feet & legs* inside the car at all times!

Babs: Didn't say anything about heads!

She leans her head outside the car but the turbulence of the ride causes her to hit her head.

Babs: OW!

Plucky shrugs Hampton off & jumps out of the car. He climbs up the side to get the riches but only finds...

Plucky: Smoke & mirrors! Peh! Happiest place on earth MY FOOT!

He hops back in his seat.

Radio in car: Remember, do NOT look into the eyes of the idol!

Buster: Eh, what's a little peek going to hurt?

Buster stares dumbfounded into the idol letting go of the steering wheel, tongue out & drooling.

Idol: Look into my eyes...

Hampton: Buster, no! The radio said not to!

The ride takes off & speeds around a corner "out of control". Hampton grips the car in fear.

Babs: (unenthusiastically) Oh, no. Something has unexpectedly gone wrong. Whatever shall we do?

Indy anamatronic: You had to look, didn't you?!

Buster: Yeah, pretty much!

Plucky: Like it'd make a difference! What are they gonna do if you don't? stop the ride?

Indy anamatronic: Take a left! It's your only way out!

Buster looks at the track ahead.

Buster: Nah... I feel more like going right.

Sure enough the track heads to the right.

Hampton: Buster, what are you doing?!

Plucky: Oh, he's done it now! Those idols are mad!

Babs picks up on Plucky's teasing & decides to join in.

Babs: Yeah, I wouldn't be surprised if that big one shot a laser right out of his eye while we drive over this unsteady rope bridge that could NEVER normally hold a car this size or weight so we'd fall right into the lava pit!!

Hampton: THEY CAN DO THAT?!?!?!?!!!

Just then a beam of light shines out of the eye onto the "draw bridge" they're driving on. a poorly timed ball of fireworks shoots out from under the bridge & the car rocks - terrifying Hampton.

Hampton: Ahhhhh!!

Buster picks up on the fun. and lets go of the "wheel".

Buster: Look, Hammy, no hands!

Hampton: AHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

They turn the corner and see another Indy anamatronic suspended from a rope from the ceiling.

Buster: Hey, buddy. Need a lift? Or rather a down, I guess.

Babs: Why should we? He didn't help us at all!

Rumble noises are heard. Lights shine on a huge boulder heading their way.

Indy anamatronic: Uh oh! Back up! Back up!

the car begins to back up.

Babs: I don't think that's going to be our best course of action. the boulder's going this way.

Buster: You're right! FORWARD!

Hampton: No!! He said go back!

Indy: Get me outta here!

Hampton: Save him!

Plucky: Forget it! He left us to die back there! He can rot for all I care!!

Buster: Agreed! FORWARD!

Hampton: NOOOOOooooooo.....

the car lunges forward under the boulder into a tunnel under it. A huge CRASH! is heard.

Babs: We should at least check on the guy.

Buster: Ok...

the car slows down & turns a corner revealing Indy standing next to a crashed boulder wiping his brow.

Indy: Not bad... for tourists.

Buster: Tourist?! I'll have you know I'm a Spielberg licensed parody!

Back at the studio Buster stops the tape.

Buster: I hate to admit it, but that time was a lot of fun.

Babs: Yeah....

Hampton (off screen yelling): WAS NOT!!!

Buster & Babs snicker to themselves. We hear a phone ring. Babs pulls out her phone. She reads the message then spins into a news reporter.

Babs: This just in: Mikey wants to know, how come he's never seen us or any other toons in the park.

Buster: How'd he get your number?

Babs: I thought Fifi had rabid fanboys... ugh!

Buster: First of all Mikey, LOOSE MY GIRLFRIEND'S NUMBER & secondly, have you seen what those humans do to toons in theme parks?!

Babs: We know all about it!

She grabs the remote from Buster & commences a slide show of the Tiny Toons at Disneyland posing politely with a walk-around, getting autographs of walk-arounds (Max trying to get "Scrooge" to sign a check), pointing & laughing at the walk-around, putting bunny ears on a Mickey walk-around, kicking a walk-around, spraying silly string on a walk-around, Arnold squishing one into a ball & using it to play a game with, Dizzy trying to eat a walk-around, Elmyra squeezing the stuffing out of everyone, etc). Back to the studio.

Buster: Yeah, no fun for the "celebrity". But you know those days when you spend all that money to get into the park only to find out it's closing a 5pm instead of midnight? Those are the special event days WE get to attend the park! Or... we did until those photos were discovered by park security...

Babs: Well, YOU may not be allowed in Disneyland, but Wakko & I can go whenever we want!

Buster: Why?

Babs: We did Disney a solid. Br'er Rabbit lost his voice after years of chain smoking before taping those songs for Splash Mountain & Wakko filled in. Listen to it! It's him! You can really tell in that Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah song. And I stood in for Gadget when her ride got a voice over since she was too busy rescuing people with that group of hers.

Buster: really?

He starts to cue a clip.

Babs: No, don't go to a clip!!!

Too late. The video plays Babs getting on the Go-Coaster. She gleefully perks her ear to hear the spiel she recorded.

Babs: (over the speaker doing an impression of Gadget) Hi! This is Gadget! Please remain seated...

Guy in car behind Babs: Sheesh! That doesn't sound like Gadget at all! What did Disney do? cheap out for an impersonator?!

Babs fumes as the ride begins. When the ride gets to the squirting frogs part Babs perks up & holds her arms out at just the right angle so that the water bounces off & hits the guy behind her square in the mouth.

Guy: Arghghghghg!!

The video ends. Babs stands there arms crossed while Buster giggles.

Buster: So ya got ONE bad review. Big deal! I bet Disney paid ya well.

Babs: True... So what's our next question?

Buster: "Broken in Baltimore" writes, "I can't go out to play because I have a broken arm and it made me wonder if Toons can get broken arms or anything. Sometimes it looks like you guys can do everything without being hurt at all, but then other times those anvils on Plucky's head look like they hurt!"

---

* historical inaccuracy for a joke. they said "hands and arms" at the time of the Indy ride premiere. It wasn't until semi-recently that they added "legs and feet" to the spiel

=================
Image Image Image

PostPosted: Friday, November 19th, 2010 - 12:59:44 
Musical Score

Buster: "Broken in Baltimore" writes, "I can't go out to play because I have a broken arm and it made me wonder if Toons can get broken arms or anything. Sometimes it looks like you guys can do everything without being hurt at all, but then other times those anvils on Plucky's head look like they hurt!"

Babs- That a really intersting question Broken in baltmore is that a real name , anyway as you know Plucky mouth is go big for his own good so he always manges to offend someone and injures happen to him on a regular baisi.

Buster demosnterat by dropping , a safe , a pineo , a rocket and an anvil on Plucky

Plucky- Mother, comes crawling back - I just want to let know as to coin daffy you despicable

Buster- Of coruse - We toons have to be trained to manged such hevery and as long as it for comdy no one really gets hurt. Through it would proebly hurt some of the more normal toons such as Mary Melody

Babs- Here another question from chris who thanks for answer his last one , Buster , how come we never see your parernts and his true and would like that Bugs is your father

PostPosted: Saturday, November 20th, 2010 - 01:10:37 
Site Admin

Quote:
Babs- Here another question from chris who thanks for answer his last one , Buster , how come we never see your parernts and his true and would like that Bugs is your father

Okay, let me know if I have this question right so I can start a reply.

"Buster, how come we never see your parents, and is it true that Bugs is your father?"

Image Image Image

PostPosted: Saturday, November 20th, 2010 - 03:01:53 
Musical Score

(Yeah it is, plus if Buster would like Bugs to be his father if it isn't))

PostPosted: Friday, November 26th, 2010 - 06:35:24 
Site Admin

Quote:
Babs: "Here's another question from Chris, who thanks us for the answer his last one. 'Buster, how come we never see your parents? And is it true that Bugs Bunny is your father? If he isn't, would you want him to be?'"

Buster shifts uncomfortably. "Oh, boy! The rumors that get started in 20 years!"

Babs laughs and dons a Darth Vader helmet, but with curious buck teeth and whiskers, while also holding a carrot as though it were a lightsaber. "Eh, Buster! I'm yer father, doc!" she says in a strange mix of Darth Vader's voice with a Bugs Bunny accent.

"Very funny." Buster tells her as she tosses the helmet aside and starts eating the carrot. "Seriously, Bugs Bunny is not my dad! I mean, if that were true, don't you think Warner Brothers would have made a big deal of it by now? An original Looney Tune character of his stature having a son? It would have been news, or at least used for some kind of promotion."

"Unless they wanted to keep it quiet so it wouldn't tarnish his image." Babs reminds him.

"Tarnish his image?" Buster asks, somewhat insulted.

"Yeah. You know? Because he's an unmarried toon?"

"Who's side are you on, anyway?"

"Generally my alignment is 'Chaotic Good.'"

Buster rolls his eyes at the Dungeons and Dragons reference. "Look, Bugs Bunny's not my dad, and as much as I like him, I wouldn't want him to be. I prefer being my own toon, rather than have to live in his shadow. Besides, technically as a toon, I don't even have parents."

"What? But I was drawn the same time as you, and I have parents. I have a whole family!"

"But mine were never needed, so they were never created. There aren't even any model sheets!"

"Seriously?"

Buster sighs and tries a different story. "My mom died when I was young, and my dad is a writer at Warner Brothers."

"Come on!" Babs tells him. "I've read that fan fic, too, you know?"

"Alright! Fine!" Buster yells. "The truth is I have more than one father! Tom Ruegger and Steven Spielberg are both my fathers because they created me, same as you!"

Babs is a bit taken aback by Buster's outburst. "Then that would mean... we're related?" The two just look at each other for a moment, contemplating what that might mean. "Erm, right! You have no parents. Next question!"

Buster grabs another letter out of the mail bag. "So, the next question comes from Quackerjack in St. Canard. "Hey Buster and Babs! You had a lot of Tiny Toons merchandise made when your show was on. Did you guys collect any of your own toys? If so, what things did you like best?"

Image Image Image

PostPosted: Tuesday, November 30th, 2010 - 22:55:30 
Idea

Framwinkle wrote:
Buster grabs another letter out of the mail bag. "So, the next question comes from Quackerjack in St. Canard. "Hey Buster and Babs! You had a lot of Tiny Toons merchandise made when your show was on. Did you guys collect any of your own toys? If so, what things did you like best?"

Babs looks at the camera, and then at Buster. "Did you keep any of those free merchandise samples that they gave us when they started that marketing line?"

"No," he replied, "Did you?"

"Nuh-huh."

"Did anyone else keep some?"

Babs arches an eyebrow, "You mean besides Plucky?"

:scene cuts to a shot of Plucky sitting in front of a computer in a dark room. Rows and rows of Plucky plush toys can be seen set on shelves all over the room as he types on the keyboard, muttering, "Come on, bid something... ANYTHING! I thought these things were supposed to accrue value over time!:

:scene cuts back to Buster and Babs:

Buster rolls his eyes, "Yeah, besides Plucky."

"I don't think so."

"Well, that answers the your first question, Quackerjack." Buster says, "As for which ones we liked best, well, I think Hampton really enjoyed those McDonald's toys..."

"Actually," Babs interrupts, "I think Hampton just enjoyed shooting that commercial. Don't you remember, Buster? He ate so many Happy Meals that he got sick and missed school the next day!"

"Err, right," Buster pauses, "Okay then, which part of those toy lines did you like the most?"

Babs grins, "Those royalty checks that showed up in my mailbox every quarter!"

Both of the bunny's eyes suddenly spin like slot machine reels until they both show bright green dollar signs while the rabbits let out a synchronized sigh.

Buster shakes his head, "Well, so much for that question. We'd better get to the next one before Monty shows up to bawl us out for stealing his bit. So, Babs, what's the next question?"

Hearing no answer, he looks over at his co-host, who is still stuck in a dreamy pose with dollar signs in her eyes.

"BABS!"

"AH!" Babs jumps high into the air and lands on her bottom. She glares at Buster, "WHAT??"

"Next question!" he says, pointedly.

"Oh, right... eh-heh," Babs digs into the mail bag and pulls out an envelope.

"Let's see here, we've got a question from Pittsburgh Pete, from Oakland," she pauses, blinks, and mutters something about asking the viewers some questions about their names, "Ah-hem, "Dear Buster and Babs, I've always wondered what kind of shenanigans went on while you guys were filming your Tiny Toons episodes. Do you have any good stories or outtakes film that you could share with us?"

PostPosted: Thursday, January 20th, 2011 - 00:44:58 
Site Admin

(Sorry this took so long. I just couldn't come up with anything for that question until now.)

"Shenanigans? Outtakes? Don't be ridiculous!" Buster says in mock irritance. "We were serious actors, and always highly professional! We didn't have any outtakes!"

"Uh, huh." Babs says, rolling her eyes. "So what about the time you tripped and..."

"Shhhh!" Buster tells her, trying desperately to get her to drop the subject.

"AND..." Babs continues, louder than before. "You landed right on your face, and when you got up you said you 'meant to do that.'"

"But that wasn't an outtake," Buster corrects her, trying sheepishly to defend himself and failing miserably, his shoulders slumping. "Because, unfortunately, they used it in the show."

"And it became one of your signature running gags!" Babs says, grinning widely.

"Don't remind me."

"But seriously, folks," Babs continues. "We'd love to be able to show you reel after reel of our bloopers, like the time someone switched Steven's soda with toon nitroglycerin, and he belched flames the rest of the day."

"Or the time that anvil mysteriously fell on Plucky." Buster adds.

"Uh, yeah. Or the time Fifi had that big sneeze and everyone was sent home for the day because the whole studio had to be cleaned and aired out."

"Or the time Hamton blew milk out his nose."

"...Riiiiight." Babs gives him a look, and keeps going. "Or the time Shirley accidentally insulted some spirit, and it gave her a shock through her crystal ball that made all her hair and feathers stand on end for an hour."

"Or the time the Warners ran through the set of our Spring Break special."

Babs looks at him again. "Ok, who are you and what have you done with Buster?"

Buster just tries to look innocent and shrugs his shoulders. "What?"

Babs sighs, and moves on. "Like I said, we'd love to show you these things, and a lot more..."

"But," Buster interrupts. "They were all lost in a very tragic fire."

"Yeah." Babs sighs again. "A very carefully contained, well controlled fire. I wonder how that could have happened?"

"Who knows?" Buster smiles. "So, our next question comes from Dr. Scholl. 'Dear Buster and Babs, you appear to have white fur on the bottoms of your feet, yet it never seems to get dirty. How do you keep your feet so clean without wearing shoes?"

Image Image Image

PostPosted: Monday, March 07th, 2011 - 15:43:57 
Musical Score

Babs- That an easy one Dr. Scholl where do they come up with these names with a little help of the acme company dirt remover we just spray it on our feet and dirt comes right off

Buster- Yeah it usfeul for long travels , any way our next question comes froma fellow nick toon Arnold from Hillywood " Help I think I may be falling in love with my bully, plus how do get on with stars of other studios like Disney

PostPosted: Sunday, July 14th, 2013 - 18:46:02 
Musical Score

Favorite Character(s): buster, babs, plucky, hanpton,
Babs :easy whack them with a mallet

Buster: babs there not like us therefore humanized toons hit them with that and they go splat

Babs :isn't that what we want no competition?

Buster: yes but notif it means a deat rat i mean mouse over our heads

Our next question comes to us from china from our very own acme acres she asks "buster can I go on a date with you also will you marry me?"

Babs: boy so ones in love with the wrong guy

Buster: can it babs

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 73 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next