Acme Acres

Welcome Toonsters, to Acme Acres! Your place for all things Tiny Toon Adventures!
It is currently Sunday, July 23rd, 2017 - 18:40:55

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Wednesday, October 06th, 2010 - 14:05:59 
Site Admin

Favorite Character(s): Babs Bunny
Anyone else have any thoughts on these?

"We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission; which is the stage of the darkest periods of human history, the stage of rule by brute force." - Ayn Rand.
http://www.framwinkle.com
Image Image Image

PostPosted: Wednesday, October 06th, 2010 - 16:16:48 
Background

Favorite Character(s): Plucky Duck
Framwinkle wrote:
Okay, after talking with my wife about this, she thinks we might need some changes. (She role plays a lot, and didn't like how this was being set up.) I've participated in numerous role plays, but I've never actually run one, so she suggests that I ask all of you what you'd like to see in this role play. What rules do you think are important, and how would you like it structured?

Some points to consider:

1. Plot: I think the basic plot is good, and I like the idea of introducing new students at Acme Loo. If anyone has any other plot ideas, though, feel free to speak up.

2. Original Characters: She's not sure that letting people use original characters is a good idea, and I can see some logic to that. If we don't have originals, then we'd have to probably use characters from other cartoons. I'd be fine with that, and think that there's still a lot of potential there.

3. Character Control: The issue of controlling the Tiny Toons is another big thing she warned me about. What I was trying to set up, with the Tiny Toons available to everyone, wasn't actually a role play, it turns out. Instead, it was more of a round-robin. I've enjoyed doing those in the past, but they can be complex and difficult to control if people aren't experienced with them. Instead, she suggests that we keep it a strict role play and let people have exclusive control of one or more Tiny Toons characters, in addition to a non-Tiny Toon character that they'd want to play.

4. Character Interaction: Another thing she's suggested as a possibility is that we don't let characters interact with each other if they're controlled by the same person. Exceptions would be made if there were groups of characters played by multiple people. But the idea is that if two characters are written by the same person, you don't want them to interact only with each other. That's a fan fic, not a role play.

So what do you guys think about these issues?

Praise your wife!

PostPosted: Wednesday, October 06th, 2010 - 23:34:17 
Site Admin

Alright then. It seems to me that the issue of character control is the most important. So, everyone will be able to pick a Tiny Toon character that they want to role play as, and it will be theirs exclusively. I think everyone seems to like that.

However, if we're going to do that, then original characters are going to have to be prohibited. You can still introduce an existing character from another cartoon, but you won't be able to use anything you've created, including representations of yourself.

For now, let's limit people to just two characters, one Tiny Toon and one character from another show. Later on we may do more. Any character not claimed by someone can always be written for by anyone else as needed.

I don't especially like the idea of limiting or prohibiting character interaction between two characters controlled by the same person. It just seems like it might get complicated, so unless fanfic'ing becomes a problem, I saw we ignore that rule for now.

I still like the plot of introducing new students to Acme Loo, so I say we stay with that.

Does anyone have any comments or objections?

"We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission; which is the stage of the darkest periods of human history, the stage of rule by brute force." - Ayn Rand.
Image Image Image

PostPosted: Thursday, October 07th, 2010 - 14:07:34 
Background

Favorite Character(s): Plucky Duck
Framwinkle wrote:
Alright then. It seems to me that the issue of character control is the most important. So, everyone will be able to pick a Tiny Toon character that they want to role play as, and it will be theirs exclusively. I think everyone seems to like that.

However, if we're going to do that, then original characters are going to have to be prohibited. You can still introduce an existing character from another cartoon, but you won't be able to use anything you've created, including representations of yourself.

For now, let's limit people to just two characters, one Tiny Toon and one character from another show. Later on we may do more. Any character not claimed by someone can always be written for by anyone else as needed.

I don't especially like the idea of limiting or prohibiting character interaction between two characters controlled by the same person. It just seems like it might get complicated, so unless fanfic'ing becomes a problem, I saw we ignore that rule for now.

I still like the plot of introducing new students to Acme Loo, so I say we stay with that.

Does anyone have any comments or objections?

I call Plucky!

Also I think we should each be two due to the numerous characters and compareably lack of people here. And are villains (Elmyra, Monty, ect) NPCs?

PostPosted: Thursday, October 07th, 2010 - 18:01:14 
Site Admin

I'll play Babs.

I'm not sure about doing two Tiny Toons yet. I agree that we don't have a lot of people yet, but I think maybe we should wait and see how things go. If someone ends up playing a certain NPC often, and they do well at it, then we could give that character to them exclusively. But for now I think we should stick with just one each.

Image Image Image

PostPosted: Thursday, October 07th, 2010 - 18:53:34 
Site Admin

Okay, the rules and bio form have been updated at the beginning of this thread. Take a look and decide who you want to play.

Image Image Image

PostPosted: Thursday, October 07th, 2010 - 20:09:13 
Site Admin

Ok, I revised my first post in the role play thread. Anyone else is welcome to join in. I suggest we all meet in the admin office and probably at least introduce ourselves to each other before going to the first class.

Image Image Image

PostPosted: Friday, October 08th, 2010 - 12:26:30 
Colored Cell

Favorite Character(s): Bimbette Skunkette
I'm not even an admin, so what do I do? :?

Some of my FAVORITE MLP:FiM characters Image Image Image

And some of my favorite characters Image
Image Image Image

PostPosted: Friday, October 08th, 2010 - 13:23:53 
Site Admin

MatthewRK wrote:
I'm not even an admin, so what do I do? :?

No, I mean have your character meet the other characters in the adminstrative office of Acme Looniversity, where Daria is now. But first you should pick a character you want to use and write up a bio for them.

Image Image Image

PostPosted: Friday, October 08th, 2010 - 17:48:37 
Colored Cell

Oh... okay I get it

Image Image Image

PostPosted: Monday, November 01st, 2010 - 13:41:16 
Site Admin

Is anyone still interested in this? Do any of the rules need to be changed? The plot? Anything? I still think it would be fun, but if there's anything holding people back, let me know so we can work it out.

Image Image Image

PostPosted: Monday, November 01st, 2010 - 19:03:27 
Colored Cell

Framwinkle wrote:
Is anyone still interested in this? Do any of the rules need to be changed? The plot? Anything? I still think it would be fun, but if there's anything holding people back, let me know so we can work it out.

Well, I alredy did my bio, so can I join in at any time?

Image Image Image

PostPosted: Monday, November 01st, 2010 - 19:30:33 
Site Admin

MatthewRK wrote:
Framwinkle wrote:

The rules have been changed somewhat since then, so please check the first post of this thread to review them.

http://acmeacres.prophpbb.com/topic478.html

The biggest changes are that you can have two characters, one Tiny Toon, and one character from another show. There aren't any original characters permitted, so I'm afraid you'll have to redo your bio. If you want a character other than a Tiny Toon, you'll have to find a character from another show to play the way I've done with Daria.

Image Image Image

PostPosted: Wednesday, November 03rd, 2010 - 13:08:48 
Colored Cell

Framwinkle wrote:
MatthewRK wrote:
Framwinkle wrote:

The rules have been changed somewhat since then, so please check the first post of this thread to review them.

http://acmeacres.prophpbb.com/topic478.html

The biggest changes are that you can have two characters, one Tiny Toon, and one character from another show. There aren't any original characters permitted, so I'm afraid you'll have to redo your bio. If you want a character other than a Tiny Toon, you'll have to find a character from another show to play the way I've done with Daria.

Okie ;)

Image Image Image

PostPosted: Monday, November 22nd, 2010 - 18:35:55 
Site Admin

Louis6578 wrote:
((I think we should describe the character's appearences, what do you think?))

Why yes, I do think we should describe our characters, which is what this thread is for. See the first post in the thread for character bios, and please add your own. I'll edit your bio into the first post when you have it done. But remember, we're not permitting original characters, at least not yet, so it has to be from a show of some kind.

Image Image Image

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next