Acme Acres

Welcome Toonsters, to Acme Acres! Your place for all things Tiny Toon Adventures!
It is currently Tuesday, May 23rd, 2017 - 10:41:09

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Tiny Toons RP?
PostPosted: Friday, October 01st, 2010 - 12:08:13 
Site Admin

Favorite Character(s): Babs Bunny
As talked about in another thread, I think it might be a good idea to let people play a different character, other than themselves, if they want to. The Tiny Toons will still be collectively available to everyone, but if you wanted to take a character from another cartoon, such as Spongebob, and put them in to Acme Loo, that could be fun. For the time being, until things get rolling, let's limit everyone to just one character. You can probably add other characters later.

"We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission; which is the stage of the darkest periods of human history, the stage of rule by brute force." - Ayn Rand.
http://www.framwinkle.com
Image Image Image

PostPosted: Friday, October 01st, 2010 - 14:22:24 
Site Admin

Okay, I made a new thread for the roleplay itself. Please keep all the discussion about the RP and other non-story stuff here in this thread. I also moved these role play threads to the Tiny Toons Written Works forum, since it's specifically a Tiny Toons RP. It just seems to make more sense there.

The last paragraph in my post crosses the line a bit in terms of character control, but I'm just trying to set up the scene so we all have a common starting point.

"We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission; which is the stage of the darkest periods of human history, the stage of rule by brute force." - Ayn Rand.
Image Image Image

Post subject: Re: Tiny Toons Role Play
PostPosted: Friday, October 01st, 2010 - 15:25:30 
Background

Favorite Character(s): Plucky Duck
Framwinkle wrote:
Framwinkle sat on one of the uncomfortable chairs in Acme Looniversity's administrative offices waiting for the secretary, an old but pleasant gray-haired woman with glasses, to finish with his paperwork so he could go to class. He looked down at his bookbag on the floor by his feet, his tail twitching somewhat nervously. He'd already been to see the principle, a frightening and fiery demon-like man, who had drilled home the school's rules of conduct and the possible penalties for breaking those rules. Framwinkle certainly had no intention of crossing paths with that guy again if he could help it.

On one hand, he was excited about starting out at this new school, and he'd heard many good things about it. But on the other hand, he was scared. It was a totally new environment, with new people, and that always made him very uneasy. Not to mention that despite being born a toon, he knew almost nothing about being a toon. Sure, this school was supposed to be the best place to learn, but he was still worried that his lack of prior knowledge would make him look like a fool in front of the other students. And being new, and starting in the middle of the school year, certainly didn't help things, either. He'd already be starting out behind the rest of the class, and everyone would be watching him because he was new. He was sure he was going to hate this day.

The one consolation he had to be thankful for was that a few other students were also starting at the same time he was, so at least the scrutiny would be somewhat divided among them. They had also been with him earlier to see the principle, and were now waiting with him for their paperwork to be completed.

((Wait, can we all do this? Plus shouldn't we give some description of our appearences instead of just saying our names?))

PostPosted: Friday, October 01st, 2010 - 18:32:10 
Site Admin

Louis6578 wrote:
Framwinkle wrote:
Framwinkle sat on one of the uncomfortable chairs in Acme Looniversity's administrative offices waiting for the secretary, an old but pleasant gray-haired woman with glasses, to finish with his paperwork so he could go to class. He looked down at his bookbag on the floor by his feet, his tail twitching somewhat nervously. He'd already been to see the principle, a frightening and fiery demon-like man, who had drilled home the school's rules of conduct and the possible penalties for breaking those rules. Framwinkle certainly had no intention of crossing paths with that guy again if he could help it.

On one hand, he was excited about starting out at this new school, and he'd heard many good things about it. But on the other hand, he was scared. It was a totally new environment, with new people, and that always made him very uneasy. Not to mention that despite being born a toon, he knew almost nothing about being a toon. Sure, this school was supposed to be the best place to learn, but he was still worried that his lack of prior knowledge would make him look like a fool in front of the other students. And being new, and starting in the middle of the school year, certainly didn't help things, either. He'd already be starting out behind the rest of the class, and everyone would be watching him because he was new. He was sure he was going to hate this day.

The one consolation he had to be thankful for was that a few other students were also starting at the same time he was, so at least the scrutiny would be somewhat divided among them. They had also been with him earlier to see the principle, and were now waiting with him for their paperwork to be completed.

((Wait, can we all do this? Plus shouldn't we give some description of our appearences instead of just saying our names?))

Yes, everyone is invited. There are rules and a template for simple bios on the first page of this thread. Just create a bio for yourself, or the character you want to play, (as long as it's not a Tiny Toon,) and jump in.

Image Image Image

PostPosted: Friday, October 01st, 2010 - 20:00:16 
Background

Framwinkle wrote:
Louis6578 wrote:
Framwinkle wrote:

Yes, everyone is invited. There are rules and a template for simple bios on the first page of this thread. Just create a bio for yourself, or the character you want to play, (as long as it's not a Tiny Toon,) and jump in.

We can still RP as a tiny toon, right?

PostPosted: Friday, October 01st, 2010 - 20:06:14 
Site Admin

Louis6578 wrote:
Framwinkle wrote:

Not as your main character. The Tiny Toons will be open to everyone to RP as needed, so you can't pick one and claim it as your exclusive character. This is to keep things fair so that none of the Tiny Toons get played in a biased way. It's also to avoid having to wait for someone to post as a Tiny Toon if you need to interact with them for a scene.

You can put yourself, your own original character, or a character from another cartoon into the RP, though.

Image Image Image

PostPosted: Saturday, October 02nd, 2010 - 10:31:47 
Background

Framwinkle wrote:
Louis6578 wrote:
Framwinkle wrote:

Not as your main character. The Tiny Toons will be open to everyone to RP as needed, so you can't pick one and claim it as your exclusive character. This is to keep things fair so that none of the Tiny Toons get played in a biased way. It's also to avoid having to wait for someone to post as a Tiny Toon if you need to interact with them for a scene.

You can put yourself, your own original character, or a character from another cartoon into the RP, though.

I dunno... it'll be confusing. What if someone plans to use a certain Tiny Toon character for part of the story?

PostPosted: Saturday, October 02nd, 2010 - 11:40:50 
Colored Cell

Favorite Character(s): Bimbette Skunkette
Oh jeez, then I need to edit my RP of "Me and Fifi"

Some of my FAVORITE MLP:FiM characters Image Image Image

And some of my favorite characters Image
Image Image Image

PostPosted: Saturday, October 02nd, 2010 - 12:01:56 
Site Admin

Louis6578 wrote:
I dunno... it'll be confusing. What if someone plans to use a certain Tiny Toon character for part of the story?

It's a role play, not a story. As such, it has no predetermined plot or outcome and will naturally be unpredictable to some extent. As long as everyone is reasonable and stays in character, it should stay somewhat logical, but you never know where someone is going to take things. That's part of the fun. I just don't want people to end up hijacking or monopolizing one or more of the Tiny Toons characters so that no one else ever gets to interact with them.

If you really need to have something go a certain way, you can also use this thread to plan it out a bit with other people. If they like your idea, odds are they'll help you out with it. Just don't expect everything to go exactly as planned. That's the nature of RPs.

Image Image Image

PostPosted: Saturday, October 02nd, 2010 - 12:05:22 
Site Admin

MatthewRK wrote:
Oh jeez, then I need to edit my RP of "Me and Fifi"

Your RP can continue however you like it because it looks like its own thing. But if you wanted to join the RP I'm trying to start, then yes, you'd need to make a few modifications. I tried to set up an opening scene you can adapt to. Just go back and read it, and then put yourself in it.

Image Image Image

PostPosted: Saturday, October 02nd, 2010 - 12:32:07 
Site Admin

Okay, I modified this thread so that the rules and character bios are in the first post. This will make them easier to find should anyone need to reference them.

Image Image Image

PostPosted: Saturday, October 02nd, 2010 - 18:48:49 
Background

Framwinkle wrote:
Louis6578 wrote:

It's a role play, not a story. As such, it has no predetermined plot or outcome and will naturally be unpredictable to some extent. As long as everyone is reasonable and stays in character, it should stay somewhat logical, but you never know where someone is going to take things. That's part of the fun. I just don't want people to end up hijacking or monopolizing one or more of the Tiny Toons characters so that no one else ever gets to interact with them.

If you really need to have something go a certain way, you can also use this thread to plan it out a bit with other people. If they like your idea, odds are they'll help you out with it. Just don't expect everything to go exactly as planned. That's the nature of RPs.

I didn't mean it that way, I meant a story (as opposed to a script). Anyways, I really wanna be Plucky though :( Like, y'know there's no point in calling it a tiny toons RP if we're gonna mess with characters. What if one person makes Buster say one thing then the other makes him say the exact opposite for no reason. Thats what I'm saying. :( I don't think the Tiny Toons should all be NPCs. I don't wanna sound like a party pooper if I am.

PostPosted: Saturday, October 02nd, 2010 - 19:01:43 
Colored Cell

So, I guess we could start here, because I dont think we started this yet, so I guess this would be a good place to start.

Image Image Image

PostPosted: Sunday, October 03rd, 2010 - 21:09:47 
Site Admin

Okay, after talking with my wife about this, she thinks we might need some changes. (She role plays a lot, and didn't like how this was being set up.) I've participated in numerous role plays, but I've never actually run one, so she suggests that I ask all of you what you'd like to see in this role play. What rules do you think are important, and how would you like it structured?

Some points to consider:

1. Plot: I think the basic plot is good, and I like the idea of introducing new students at Acme Loo. If anyone has any other plot ideas, though, feel free to speak up.

2. Original Characters: She's not sure that letting people use original characters is a good idea, and I can see some logic to that. If we don't have originals, then we'd have to probably use characters from other cartoons. I'd be fine with that, and think that there's still a lot of potential there.

3. Character Control: The issue of controlling the Tiny Toons is another big thing she warned me about. What I was trying to set up, with the Tiny Toons available to everyone, wasn't actually a role play, it turns out. Instead, it was more of a round-robin. I've enjoyed doing those in the past, but they can be complex and difficult to control if people aren't experienced with them. Instead, she suggests that we keep it a strict role play and let people have exclusive control of one or more Tiny Toons characters, in addition to a non-Tiny Toon character that they'd want to play.

4. Character Interaction: Another thing she's suggested as a possibility is that we don't let characters interact with each other if they're controlled by the same person. Exceptions would be made if there were groups of characters played by multiple people. But the idea is that if two characters are written by the same person, you don't want them to interact only with each other. That's a fan fic, not a role play.

So what do you guys think about these issues?

Image Image Image

PostPosted: Monday, October 04th, 2010 - 03:54:26 
Colored Cell

That's good for me.

Image Image Image

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next