Acme Acres

Welcome Toonsters, to Acme Acres! Your place for all things Tiny Toon Adventures!
It is currently Friday, July 21st, 2017 - 10:32:20

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Spring Break Special
PostPosted: Friday, August 20th, 2010 - 15:32:53 
Offline
Musical Score
User avatar

Joined: Thursday, July 16th, 2009 - 18:28:15
Posts: 1033
Location: Boyertown, Pennsylvania, USA
Favorite Character(s): check my sig banners :-3
Well i finally watched it :mrgreen:

despite the blurryness and severe static i enjoyed this ep for many resons :D

The cameo's like Ross Peroe, Rodny Dangerfield, Micheal Boulton, Willy from Free Willy, that red head kid from back in the day that wanted a easter egg plus the Parody's of Ren and Stimpy and Beevis and Butt head :P

also supriseingly i enjoyed Elmyra's Music Video about Chasing after Buster :D

and too bad Plucky didnt get his dream girl :( but at least her and Haptom hooked up near the end ^__^

so all in all despite the video quailty it was worthwatching

_________________
Ebay page / store: http://myworld.ebay.com/capt.kaiser

I also Collect, Buy, Sell, Trade, Appraise, the Pokemon aka Pocket Monsters Trading Card Game :D
3DS Friendcode : 0731-4800-6817


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Spring Break Special
PostPosted: Friday, August 20th, 2010 - 16:02:47 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Sunday, October 19th, 2008 - 11:22:34
Posts: 2963
Location: Acme Loo
Favorite Character(s): Babs Bunny
I wasn't terribly impressed with this one. It could have been fun to see all the toons together on break having fun, but instead they broke it up into several small stories, such as Plucky trying to sell his machine and get a date with his dream girl, and then Buster and Babs running from Elmyra. I'd have liked it a lot better if they'd all stayed together for once.

Plucky's story was watchable, but Buster and Babs fleeing Elmyra just got old for me. And then the whole thing with Elmyra being tricked into thinking a whale was the easter bunny? Say what? Come on! Even Elmyra's not that stupid.

I also didn't like the songs. The first one could have been fun, (a bit like one of the songs out of Grease, I think,) but it just didn't sound right to me. I'm sure they changed it so it wouldn't be too much like the original, but this one just didn't have the right feel. It wasn't catchy. It was too downbeat, or something. I'm not really sure how to describe it.

Elmyra's song parody of "Every Breath You Take" just got annoying. It was a nice idea for a gag parody, but she sang the whole thing! It just went on for way too long, adding to a plot that really shouldn't have been there in the first place. Then they did another song about the whale! Gah! Was it really necessary? It felt like they were stretching for time.

_________________
"We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission; which is the stage of the darkest periods of human history, the stage of rule by brute force." - Ayn Rand.
Image
http://www.framwinkle.com
Image
Image Image Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Spring Break Special
PostPosted: Friday, August 20th, 2010 - 22:46:03 
Offline
Background

Joined: Tuesday, January 26th, 2010 - 16:52:47
Posts: 418
Favorite Character(s): Plucky Duck
Framwinkle wrote:
I wasn't terribly impressed with this one. It could have been fun to see all the toons together on break having fun, but instead they broke it up into several small stories, such as Plucky trying to sell his machine and get a date with his dream girl, and then Buster and Babs running from Elmyra. I'd have liked it a lot better if they'd all stayed together for once.

Plucky's story was watchable, but Buster and Babs fleeing Elmyra just got old for me. And then the whole thing with Elmyra being tricked into thinking a whale was the easter bunny? Say what? Come on! Even Elmyra's not that stupid.

I also didn't like the songs. The first one could have been fun, (a bit like one of the songs out of Grease, I think,) but it just didn't sound right to me. I'm sure they changed it so it wouldn't be too much like the original, but this one just didn't have the right feel. It wasn't catchy. It was too downbeat, or something. I'm not really sure how to describe it.

Elmyra's song parody of "Every Breath You Take" just got annoying. It was a nice idea for a gag parody, but she sang the whole thing! It just went on for way too long, adding to a plot that really shouldn't have been there in the first place. Then they did another song about the whale! Gah! Was it really necessary? It felt like they were stretching for time.

You seem to be avoiding the fact that we all lost every bit of respect/love for Buster and Babs when they used Plucky (Who was minding his own business and simply trying to meet a girl) a bait for Elmyra. Would be far more bearable if it was Monty instead.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Spring Break Special
PostPosted: Friday, August 20th, 2010 - 23:14:13 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Sunday, October 19th, 2008 - 11:22:34
Posts: 2963
Location: Acme Loo
Favorite Character(s): Babs Bunny
Louis6578 wrote:
You seem to be avoiding the fact that we all lost every bit of respect/love for Buster and Babs when they used Plucky (Who was minding his own business and simply trying to meet a girl) a bait for Elmyra. Would be far more bearable if it was Monty instead.


I wasn't avoiding it. I'd forgotten that part. I knew there was something I didn't like about the ending, and I think that was it. But again, it was because of the whole plot of B&B having to spend the whole special running from Elmyra in the first place. If that plot hadn't been involved, that incident would never have happened.

_________________
"We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission; which is the stage of the darkest periods of human history, the stage of rule by brute force." - Ayn Rand.
Image
http://www.framwinkle.com
Image
Image Image Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Spring Break Special
PostPosted: Wednesday, August 25th, 2010 - 09:54:00 
Offline
Background

Joined: Tuesday, January 26th, 2010 - 16:52:47
Posts: 418
Favorite Character(s): Plucky Duck
Framwinkle wrote:
Louis6578 wrote:
You seem to be avoiding the fact that we all lost every bit of respect/love for Buster and Babs when they used Plucky (Who was minding his own business and simply trying to meet a girl) a bait for Elmyra. Would be far more bearable if it was Monty instead.


I wasn't avoiding it. I'd forgotten that part. I knew there was something I didn't like about the ending, and I think that was it. But again, it was because of the whole plot of B&B having to spend the whole special running from Elmyra in the first place. If that plot hadn't been involved, that incident would never have happened.

Still Plucky didnt do anything to deserve it this time.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Spring Break Special
PostPosted: Wednesday, August 25th, 2010 - 14:56:37 
Offline
Animaniac
User avatar

Joined: Thursday, August 06th, 2009 - 05:45:53
Posts: 8434
Location: Georgia
Favorite Character(s): Fifi La Fume and Rita
The Fugitive and Free Willy references were the best, so were the "Cameos" of Ren and Stimpy and Beavis and Butthead. I loved it even though the picture was fuzzy.

_________________
I Image Fifi!

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Spring Break Special
PostPosted: Thursday, December 23rd, 2010 - 10:20:30 
Offline
Comedy Beat
User avatar

Joined: Sunday, July 04th, 2010 - 02:53:46
Posts: 21
Location: Russia
Spring Break Special
Where probably to find this episode in normal quality without hindrances, or to look in normal quality without hindrances in online, give references or the information, or write in PM please...
:(


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Spring Break Special
PostPosted: Monday, December 27th, 2010 - 14:44:23 
Offline
Musical Score
User avatar

Joined: Thursday, July 16th, 2009 - 18:28:15
Posts: 1033
Location: Boyertown, Pennsylvania, USA
Favorite Character(s): check my sig banners :-3
RainmakeR wrote:
Spring Break Special
Where probably to find this episode in normal quality without hindrances, or to look in normal quality without hindrances in online, give references or the information, or write in PM please...
:(


far as i know there isnt.... but im too also wanting a better copy

_________________
Ebay page / store: http://myworld.ebay.com/capt.kaiser

I also Collect, Buy, Sell, Trade, Appraise, the Pokemon aka Pocket Monsters Trading Card Game :D
3DS Friendcode : 0731-4800-6817


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Spring Break Special
PostPosted: Wednesday, March 30th, 2011 - 10:48:50 
Offline
Sketch
User avatar

Joined: Saturday, June 20th, 2009 - 20:53:53
Posts: 105
Location: Somewhere in Belgium
Favorite Character(s): Babs Bunny
The-Kaiser wrote:
far as i know there isnt.... but im too also wanting a better copy


That'll be pretty hard.
Spring Break Special is I think the rarest episode from the series. It only aired once or twice I think.

_________________
Image
http://xlr82fast.deviantart.com/
Image
Image
Image
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Spring Break Special
PostPosted: Tuesday, April 05th, 2011 - 20:53:15 
Offline
Layout
User avatar

Joined: Tuesday, March 29th, 2011 - 21:47:56
Posts: 352
Location: The city that's the size of Plucky's Ego!
Favorite Character(s): Buster Bunny, Plucky Duck
I love that Special. I only saw it once and that was the only time The Warners ran into a "Tiny Toons" Cartoon...

The Brain was in a Halloween episode of Tiny Toons though....

_________________
Thank God for kids that love Obscure Things....
-Lee Hazelwood (1929-2007)

ImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Spring Break Special
PostPosted: Sunday, April 10th, 2011 - 02:29:48 
Offline
Sketch
User avatar

Joined: Saturday, June 20th, 2009 - 20:53:53
Posts: 105
Location: Somewhere in Belgium
Favorite Character(s): Babs Bunny
Looks like Ishoka, found a better copy of the spring break Special and uploaded it on piratebay.

_________________
Image
http://xlr82fast.deviantart.com/
Image
Image
Image
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Spring Break Special
PostPosted: Saturday, April 16th, 2011 - 12:29:10 
Offline
Musical Score
User avatar

Joined: Thursday, July 16th, 2009 - 18:28:15
Posts: 1033
Location: Boyertown, Pennsylvania, USA
Favorite Character(s): check my sig banners :-3
Blade wrote:
Looks like Ishoka, found a better copy of the spring break Special and uploaded it on piratebay.


YAY! IM DOWNLOADING IT NOW AND I WILL SEED IT AS FOR LONG AS POSSIBLE WOOOOOT! THANK YOU ISHOKA!!!! :D

_________________
Ebay page / store: http://myworld.ebay.com/capt.kaiser

I also Collect, Buy, Sell, Trade, Appraise, the Pokemon aka Pocket Monsters Trading Card Game :D
3DS Friendcode : 0731-4800-6817


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Spring Break Special
PostPosted: Saturday, April 16th, 2011 - 13:01:14 
Offline
Animaniac
User avatar

Joined: Thursday, August 06th, 2009 - 05:45:53
Posts: 8434
Location: Georgia
Favorite Character(s): Fifi La Fume and Rita
I watched a VHS version on YouTube one time, but the quality was so bad, it was to tell what was going on.

_________________
I Image Fifi!

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Spring Break Special
PostPosted: Sunday, May 01st, 2011 - 01:09:47 
Offline
Comedy Beat
User avatar

Joined: Sunday, July 04th, 2010 - 02:53:46
Posts: 21
Location: Russia
On the Internet better rollers, without noise and hindrances on the screen, purer sound on 2 channels began to appear
That at them to find and look it is possible to enter the name in Google:
Tiny Toons Spring Break Speack (Good Quality)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Spring Break Special
PostPosted: Sunday, May 01st, 2011 - 04:03:54 
Offline
Sketch
User avatar

Joined: Friday, August 21st, 2009 - 08:30:43
Posts: 130
Location: Russia, Moscow
Yeah, and i've taken the liberty to upload it onto YouTube. :)


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Free Hit Counter
Forum hosting by ProphpBB | Software by phpBB | Report Abuse | Privacy