Acme Acres

Welcome Toonsters, to Acme Acres! Your place for all things Tiny Toon Adventures!
It is currently Thursday, June 22nd, 2017 - 12:39:05

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Spring Break Special
PostPosted: Friday, January 15th, 2016 - 16:21:11 
Toon

Favorite Character(s): Babs, Plucky
Louis6578 wrote:
Framwinkle wrote:
I wasn't terribly impressed with this one. It could have been fun to see all the toons together on break having fun, but instead they broke it up into several small stories, such as Plucky trying to sell his machine and get a date with his dream girl, and then Buster and Babs running from Elmyra. I'd have liked it a lot better if they'd all stayed together for once.

Plucky's story was watchable, but Buster and Babs fleeing Elmyra just got old for me. And then the whole thing with Elmyra being tricked into thinking a whale was the easter bunny? Say what? Come on! Even Elmyra's not that stupid.

I also didn't like the songs. The first one could have been fun, (a bit like one of the songs out of Grease, I think,) but it just didn't sound right to me. I'm sure they changed it so it wouldn't be too much like the original, but this one just didn't have the right feel. It wasn't catchy. It was too downbeat, or something. I'm not really sure how to describe it.

Elmyra's song parody of "Every Breath You Take" just got annoying. It was a nice idea for a gag parody, but she sang the whole thing! It just went on for way too long, adding to a plot that really shouldn't have been there in the first place. Then they did another song about the whale! Gah! Was it really necessary? It felt like they were stretching for time.

You seem to be avoiding the fact that we all lost every bit of respect/love for Buster and Babs when they used Plucky (Who was minding his own business and simply trying to meet a girl) a bait for Elmyra. Would be far more bearable if it was Monty instead.

Because of that, I'm thinking of making an episode where Buster and Babs feel guilty for it and try to help Plucky break out of Elmyra's place. Also, am I the only one blaming Nick Hollander for the ending? In Washingtoon, an episode he wrote, Buster and Babs use Plucky as bait for a wolverine. According to his cartoon escape rules, "If it looks like the heros are about to eaten, throw in someone else."

PostPosted: Friday, January 22nd, 2016 - 17:14:28 
Animaniac

Favorite Character(s): Fifi La Fume and Rita
My word, is hasn't been that long since the last time I watched this on Dailymotion.

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

PostPosted: Saturday, January 23rd, 2016 - 03:45:40 
Layout

Favorite Character(s): Hamton Fifi Plucky Shirley
Yakkofan4! wrote:
Louis6578 wrote:
Framwinkle wrote:
I wasn't terribly impressed with this one. It could have been fun to see all the toons together on break having fun, but instead they broke it up into several small stories, such as Plucky trying to sell his machine and get a date with his dream girl, and then Buster and Babs running from Elmyra. I'd have liked it a lot better if they'd all stayed together for once.

Plucky's story was watchable, but Buster and Babs fleeing Elmyra just got old for me. And then the whole thing with Elmyra being tricked into thinking a whale was the easter bunny? Say what? Come on! Even Elmyra's not that stupid.

I also didn't like the songs. The first one could have been fun, (a bit like one of the songs out of Grease, I think,) but it just didn't sound right to me. I'm sure they changed it so it wouldn't be too much like the original, but this one just didn't have the right feel. It wasn't catchy. It was too downbeat, or something. I'm not really sure how to describe it.

Elmyra's song parody of "Every Breath You Take" just got annoying. It was a nice idea for a gag parody, but she sang the whole thing! It just went on for way too long, adding to a plot that really shouldn't have been there in the first place. Then they did another song about the whale! Gah! Was it really necessary? It felt like they were stretching for time.

You seem to be avoiding the fact that we all lost every bit of respect/love for Buster and Babs when they used Plucky (Who was minding his own business and simply trying to meet a girl) a bait for Elmyra. Would be far more bearable if it was Monty instead.

Because of that, I'm thinking of making an episode where Buster and Babs feel guilty for it and try to help Plucky break out of Elmyra's place. Also, am I the only one blaming Nick Hollander for the ending? In Washingtoon, an episode he wrote, Buster and Babs use Plucky as bait for a wolverine. According to his cartoon escape rules, "If it looks like the heros are about to eaten, throw in someone else."

It's true that Plucky is thrown under the bus quite often. However, it works because he brings it on himself. In this context, however, all he wanted to do was meet a girl. Buster and Babs just gave him bunny ears and left him to Elmyra's mercy. In a way, they might have done it because Plucky was the nearest Toon, but that implies that they don't care for their friends.

With that said, if you want to see a WB show where ducks are unfairly kicked around
for no good reason, check out Loonatics Unleashed.

Spring Break Special was alright, despite this. The songs were quite good. My personal favourite is "Nothin' Can Be More Fun" which, I think, parodies the Beach Boys and has a Beatles reference in it. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Thursday, April 27th, 2017 - 12:56:30 
Toon

Favorite Character(s): Babs, Plucky
I agree. If it weren't for the ending, the episode would've been alright. The jokes were still top notch, and the song parodies were classic.