Acme Acres

Welcome Toonsters, to Acme Acres! Your place for all things Tiny Toon Adventures!
It is currently Tuesday, August 22nd, 2017 - 18:40:51

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Her Wacky Highness
PostPosted: Thursday, July 15th, 2010 - 16:05:52 
Toon

Favorite Character(s): Babs and Fifi
After getting told by Elmar Fudd , the princable and her parent to get some self control after goofing off in Elmar Fudd's class Babs to decided to run away to Wackyland, Buster , Plucky and Hamton try to get Babs to come back when they find out she been made Queen of Wackyland however after Babs yells at the wackyland inhabihants after to much crazyness to get some self control they turn on her and she learneds her lesson.

This is one of my fave TTA episoes as a kid since it gives us a good introduction to Gogo and Wackyland , I can rememebr being a little bit creep out by the Princable in this episode. Also it shows us how toons can do the walking on air trick the key is not to look down. Again this eisode has firimly stuck in my mind.

Post subject: Re: Her Wacky Highness
PostPosted: Thursday, July 15th, 2010 - 16:18:11 
Site Admin

Favorite Character(s): Babs Bunny
(BTW, I split this part off from your other topic because I'd like each episode to have its own seperate topic. It makes them easier to talk about.)

I've always liked this episode. You really get to see just how wild Babs can be, and I love her Elmer Presley impersonation. That's a lot of fun. Wackyland is also a lot of fun to see, and Babs does seem to fit in there pretty well, at least for short periods. ;) I'm glad TMS animated this one, because it really helps to have everything drawn well. This is also one of my favorite Gogo episodes, and I think this is really where I started to like him.

Image Image

"We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission; which is the stage of the darkest periods of human history, the stage of rule by brute force." - Ayn Rand.
http://www.framwinkle.com
Image Image Image

PostPosted: Thursday, July 15th, 2010 - 19:47:29 
Inked Cell

I'll have to talk about this episode more when I have time...

But for a quick thought:
for fan-fiction purposes this episode always leads me to one thought. "If Babs is Queen of Wackyland & Yakko's King of Anvilania (&/or Warnerstock if you take Wakko's Wish into account)... does the old fashioned royalty has to marry royalty rule apply???"

=================
================================================================
Image Image Image

PostPosted: Thursday, July 15th, 2010 - 22:16:48 
Site Admin

pupspals wrote:
I'll have to talk about this episode more when I have time...

But for a quick thought:
for fan-fiction purposes this episode always leads me to one thought. "If Babs is Queen of Wackyland & Yakko's King of Anvilania (&/or Warnerstock if you take Wakko's Wish into account)... does the old fashioned royalty has to marry royalty rule apply???"

Babs: "Sorry. I make it a point never to date outside my species. By the way, what exactly is your species, anyway?"

Yakko: "Well..." ::cues the music::

Babs: "Oh, not that again!" ;)

Interesting idea, though. I don't see it actually happening, but it might make for a funny story.

"We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission; which is the stage of the darkest periods of human history, the stage of rule by brute force." - Ayn Rand.
Image Image Image

PostPosted: Friday, July 16th, 2010 - 05:23:45 
Animaniac

Favorite Character(s): Fifi La Fume and Rita
I like this episode. It shows that although that Wackyland can be a fun place to visit, but not a good place to live. And Babs found that out the hard way. I also like where Babs was doing her impression of Elvis Presley and Elmer while singing the Summertime Blues.

Rating: 10/10

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

PostPosted: Sunday, July 18th, 2010 - 18:22:16 
Inked Cell

Framwinkle wrote:
pupspals wrote:
But for a quick thought:

Babs: "Sorry. I make it a point never to date outside my species. By the way, what exactly is your species, anyway?"

Yakko: "Well..." ::cues the music::

Babs: "Oh, not that again!" ;)

Interesting idea, though. I don't see it actually happening, but it might make for a funny story.
cute!

Fan fic story wise I was thinking Yakko had to pretend he had a royal girlfriend or they'd marry him off type thing. Like a "beard" (as my mom called it when she once went out with a guy who wasn't exactly out of the closet yet to a family event of his. Pretend girlfriend).

Anvilanian adviser: King Yakko, we are concerned about your lineage. According to our law you must show evidence of your dating a royal in the next month or you will be force-ably married off to the princess of our enemy country.
::quick pan over to a love sick Elmyra look alike::
Yakko: ::shudder:: Well I'm king & I change that rule!
Anvilanian adviser: You can't change rules until you get married. Handy little rule, yes?
Yakko: No. Hmm... Who do I know who's royalty & a good actress???

Buster: One "hello nurse" & you'll have a black eye from me!
Yakko: My eyes are already black!
Buster: Well... you'll regret it!
Babs: What's the matter, Buster? Don't you trust me?!
Buster: Not this fight again...

=================
Image Image Image

PostPosted: Sunday, July 18th, 2010 - 20:01:22 
Site Admin

pupspals wrote:
Fan fic story wise I was thinking Yakko had to pretend he had a royal girlfriend or they'd marry him off type thing.

Yeah, that could work. I could see that happening. :)

pupspals wrote:
Anvilanian adviser: King Yakko, we are concerned about your lineage. According to our law you must show evidence of your dating a royal in the next month or you will be force-ably married off to the princess of our enemy country.
::quick pan over to a love sick Elmyra look alike::
Yakko: ::shudder:: Well I'm king & I change that rule!
Anvilanian adviser: You can't change rules until you get married. Handy little rule, yes?
Yakko: No. Hmm... Who do I know who's royalty & a good actress???

Buster: One "hello nurse" & you'll have a black eye from me!
Yakko: My eyes are already black!
Buster: Well... you'll regret it!
Babs: What's the matter, Buster? Don't you trust me?!
Buster: Not this fight again...

For a moment there, I thought Buster was the one that was going to pretend to be a princess. ("I gotta dress in drag again? What is it with these fan fic authors?") ;) But now I see he's just being defensive about Babs. (He is, right?) ;)

You could also have a bit where Yakko's interviewing different princesses and a bunch of different Disney princesses keep showing up.

Image Image Image

PostPosted: Sunday, July 18th, 2010 - 20:17:56 
Inked Cell

Framwinkle wrote:
For a moment there, I thought Buster was the one that was going to pretend to be a princess. ("I gotta dress in drag again? What is it with these fan fic authors?") ;) But now I see he's just being defensive about Babs. (He is, right?) ;)

yep

Framwinkle wrote:
You could also have a bit where Yakko's interviewing different princesses and a bunch of different Disney princesses keep showing up.

yet another instance of "wait, you're not Mickey..."
or time to rag on all the Disney princes. "He doesn't even have a first name & I'm supposed to marry him?!?!"

*sigh* yet another on my list of fan fics that I want to write but have no time...

=================
Image Image Image

PostPosted: Wednesday, May 23rd, 2012 - 19:32:05 
Comedy Beat

Favorite Character(s): Furrball Calamity Beeper Gogo
Why do some of the ACME Faculty become Cruel to their Students? Babs, try something like Casting Death Sentence on that Stupid Elmer. He deserves it!

PostPosted: Friday, June 01st, 2012 - 14:45:16 
Layout

Favorite Character(s): Buster Bunny, Plucky Duck
TinyToonReturner wrote:
Why do some of the ACME Faculty become Cruel to their Students? Babs, try something like Casting Death Sentence on that Stupid Elmer. He deserves it!

I dunno...like in one cartoon Granny gives almost everyone homework...10,000+ pages long! How can one get all that done through ONE weekend?!

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

PostPosted: Friday, June 01st, 2012 - 15:23:21 
Animaniac

MrCleveland wrote:
TinyToonReturner wrote:

I dunno...like in one cartoon Granny gives almost everyone homework...10,000+ pages long! How can one get all that done through ONE weekend?!

That's like asking "How can you survive being crushed by an anvil?" Neither question can be answered.

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

PostPosted: Friday, June 01st, 2012 - 15:40:01 
Layout

Favorite Character(s): Buster Bunny, Plucky Duck
Fifilover wrote:
MrCleveland wrote:
TinyToonReturner wrote:

That's like asking "How can you survive being crushed by an anvil?" Neither question can be answered.

Yeah...I have many other questions like that..."Is it natural or is it a decision"? One of the many eternal questions! (I had a spat with this question...don't ask)!

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

PostPosted: Saturday, April 30th, 2016 - 17:24:58 
Tiny Toon

Favorite Character(s): Babs, Plucky
This episode was partially inspired by real life. In kindergarten Sherri Stoner the writer of this episode's first report card said, "Having Sherri in kindergarten is like having a cartoon character in class. We're going to work on curbing her enthusiasm." Babs was sort of like a cartoon version of her, explaining why most Babs segments were written by Sherri Stoner.

PostPosted: Friday, May 06th, 2016 - 18:47:24 
Animaniac

You have to love the "Don't look down" rule. Very useful in cartoons like this one.

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

PostPosted: Monday, May 09th, 2016 - 16:07:58 
Tiny Toon

Favorite Character(s): Babs, Plucky
The rule you mentioned was invented by Walt Disney in the Oswald Rabbit cartoon Ocean hop. Also, if Wile E Coyote knows thwt looking down will make you fall, why do he keep making that mistake.