Acme Acres

Welcome Toonsters, to Acme Acres! Your place for all things Tiny Toon Adventures!
It is currently Thursday, June 22nd, 2017 - 18:08:07

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sunday, February 07th, 2010 - 20:43:46 
Background

Favorite Character(s): Plucky Duck
((I've decided to start the Roleplaying game of what I've been talking about. Does everyone know how to play? If not, I'll explain.

1. If you start using a character, he/she couldn't have been used by someone else in the past.

2. Simply write a small fanfic post about what the character does in response to the previous post

3. You can use multiple characters.

4. You can't make characters auto-touch other characters unless its in a fun or loving or non-harmful manner. All attacks must be attempted. (Wakko thrusted his giant mallet toward Plotz in an attempt to daze him.) opposed to (Babs punched Max). Things like (Fifi wrapped her arms around Hamton and kissed him gently on the lips to thank him) are okay, but in Fifi's case, she has to attempt to capture boys who're running from her. Also, violent "You idiot" sort of attacks are okay, like Babs making an anvil drop on Plucky for doing something stupid. If you control both characters, then you can do as you please.

5. When the story breaks into song, try and make your characters join in too.

6. Explain what the characters are wearing in a detailed (but PG or lower -.-) form, also try to explain what their entrence was like.
7. PM me if you want me to reserve a character for you. ((I'm Plucky though))

8. Say ((insert message here)) when posting an OOC post (Talking as yourself, not your character) ))

One day, in the run down, blizzard-struck town of Acme Falls, an old woman was paying her absurd taxes, though she had nothing to pay them with. This old woman was Granny. "Excuse me, Tax Collector Max, but I have nothing to pay my taxes with. Could you allow yourself to let this one slide?" She asked kindly in an ever-so-sweet voice.

Last edited by Louis6578 on Sunday, February 07th, 2010 - 23:17:24, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sunday, February 07th, 2010 - 23:04:15 
Site Admin

Favorite Character(s): Babs Bunny
Well, I'm not sure just how well this idea is going to work, but it might be worth a try. I call Babs! :) You'll have to be patient with some of my posts, though. I don't have a lot of time during the week.

Just so we don't get a bunch of characters tied up unnecessarily, potentially slowing down the plot, it might be better if everyone picks just one main character to play for their own exclusive use, and then the other characters are thrown in a common pot and used as needed by anyone. If someone is more ambitious, then they could maybe move on to controlling two characters a little later. Anyone new joining in would pick a character from the pot.

"We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission; which is the stage of the darkest periods of human history, the stage of rule by brute force." - Ayn Rand.
http://www.framwinkle.com
Image Image Image

PostPosted: Tuesday, February 09th, 2010 - 15:08:47 
Background

Framwinkle wrote:
Well, I'm not sure just how well this idea is going to work, but it might be worth a try. I call Babs! :) You'll have to be patient with some of my posts, though. I don't have a lot of time during the week.

Just so we don't get a bunch of characters tied up unnecessarily, potentially slowing down the plot, it might be better if everyone picks just one main character to play for their own exclusive use, and then the other characters are thrown in a common pot and used as needed by anyone. If someone is more ambitious, then they could maybe move on to controlling two characters a little later. Anyone new joining in would pick a character from the pot.

((They can use more than one character anyways, but should try doing it slowly, and you probably should continue with the story, if not, I can be Max. Everyone should only pick a character or two, and when you're talking OOC, please use these (()) things.))

"Gee... you cant pay for it huh?" Max gently placed his hand on Granny's purse, "THEN BEAT IT AND GIMME YOUR PURSE!" He snatched the purse and kicked Granny out of the castle. "NEXT! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!"

Many of the various characters stared toward this careless show of humanity, but said nothing and payed their taxes. Meanwhile, four inseparable buddies sat outside of an old orphanage, poor and homeless, freezing nearly to death. Their names were Buster Bunny, Plucky Duck, Babs Bunny, and Hamton J. Pig. Buster wore fingerless gloves and a stitched up red T-Shirt, Babs wore a purplish dress with a stitch up hole in the side and a yellow long-sleeved shirt with one sleeve cut off. Plucky wore nothing but his old sleeveless shirt, however it was cut through the center, leaving him chilly and shivering while cuddling next to Hamton for warmth. Hamton wore overalls with a hole in the back of them, which allowed cold air to freeze his body.

((Okay, now someone can make Buster or Babs speak. I dont feel Plucky or Hamton getting the first Main Character Line is appropriate, even if its Plucky's Wish, In Wakko's Wish, all the Warners were equally important but Yakko is considered the main one so he got the first line out of all of them. So Buster/Babs can start the song off.))

PostPosted: Tuesday, February 09th, 2010 - 20:14:30 
Site Admin

(I haven't had time to write something yet. Work has me pretty busy during the week. I may also need to rewatch Wakko's Wish before I begin, just so it's fresh in my mind.)

"We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission; which is the stage of the darkest periods of human history, the stage of rule by brute force." - Ayn Rand.
Image Image Image

PostPosted: Tuesday, February 09th, 2010 - 23:45:08 
Background

Framwinkle wrote:
(I haven't had time to write something yet. Work has me pretty busy during the week. I may also need to rewatch Wakko's Wish before I begin, just so it's fresh in my mind.)

((Think I should be Buster?))

PostPosted: Wednesday, February 10th, 2010 - 08:34:09 
Site Admin

Louis6578 wrote:

((You've got Plucky, so until someone else claims Buster I think he should probably be commonly available to use as needed to help the story move along. Like I said, though, I'm too busy this week to do much with this story, so I'll probably have to wait unitl the weekend when I can rewatch WW and do this right.))

Image Image Image

PostPosted: Wednesday, February 10th, 2010 - 10:51:25 
Background

Framwinkle wrote:
Louis6578 wrote:

((You've got Plucky, so until someone else claims Buster I think he should probably be commonly available to use as needed to help the story move along. Like I said, though, I'm too busy this week to do much with this story, so I'll probably have to wait unitl the weekend when I can rewatch WW and do this right.))

((If you dont have it, its on youtube. Search it, I think Stormhawk has it. Stormhawk with some numbers after his name.))

PostPosted: Wednesday, February 10th, 2010 - 11:45:35 
Site Admin

Louis6578 wrote:
((If you dont have it, its on youtube. Search it, I think Stormhawk has it. Stormhawk with some numbers after his name.))

((I've got it. I just don't have time to watch it right now.))

Image Image Image

PostPosted: Wednesday, February 10th, 2010 - 11:47:12 
Background

Framwinkle wrote:
Louis6578 wrote:

((I've got it. I just don't have time to watch it right now.))

((At least make Babs say something! We cant have this thing flooded with OOC posts!))

PostPosted: Wednesday, February 10th, 2010 - 22:39:10 
Site Admin

((Well, I went through and watched the beginning at least. I'm not sure doing the song is really going to work, as I don't feel like we should just copy WW outright. This is a written medium anyway, so it kind of lacks music to go along with it, so any songs wouldn't be nearly as good. I think maybe we should just focus on the plot. That'll allow for more creativity, as well.))

Babs shivered in the cold, sitting close to the small fire in front of her. It was getting harder and harder to find wood for the fire as the long winter drew on, so it was kept small to make it last longer. They'd even had to burn their favorite sled, which had been heartbreaking to all of them since it was one of the few bits of fun they had left to do in Acme Falls.

"Brrr! I'm so cold and hungry." Babs murmured. "I think my tail's going to freeze off."

"At least yours is insulated." Hamton quipped, doing some shivering of his own while wrapped in a tattered blanket that smelled a bit like moldy cheese. 'Mmm... Cheese...' Hamton thought to himself. Now he really knew he was hungry when he found the thought of moldy cheese appealing.

Image Image Image

PostPosted: Wednesday, February 10th, 2010 - 23:29:03 
Background

Framwinkle wrote:
((Well, I went through and watched the beginning at least. I'm not sure doing the song is really going to work, as I don't feel like we should just copy WW outright. This is a written medium anyway, so it kind of lacks music to go along with it, so any songs wouldn't be nearly as good. I think maybe we should just focus on the plot. That'll allow for more creativity, as well.))

Babs shivered in the cold, sitting close to the small fire in front of her. It was getting harder and harder to find wood for the fire as the long winter drew on, so it was kept small to make it last longer. They'd even had to burn their favorite sled, which had been heartbreaking to all of them since it was one of the few bits of fun they had left to do in Acme Falls.

"Brrr! I'm so cold and hungry." Babs murmured. "I think my tail's going to freeze off."

"At least yours is insulated." Hamton quipped, doing some shivering of his own while wrapped in a tattered blanket that smelled a bit like moldy cheese. 'Mmm... Cheese...' Hamton thought to himself. Now he really knew he was hungry when he found the thought of moldy cheese appealing.

((The burning of the sled could be controversial to the sled they'll use later to race to the star, wont it?))

"I bet Monty is having a dream vacation with all that money... If I were rich I'd at least share the money with you guys! That no good brat!" Plucky grouched while trying to get as close to the fire without burning as possible. "If only there were some trees within five miles of this town, but the king simply had to cut them all down for his furniture! What a jerk! He didn't get the idea until he saw us using it for firewood to survive! Now we have to use the sled we built ourselves... if you ask me, someone has to teach him a lesson and we're just the people to do it! I'm going in" After a three second pause, Plucky lowered his head and became heavily depressed as he frowned and began to cry, though his tears froze due to the cold "At least I would if he didn't have thousands of soldiers at his command."

PostPosted: Saturday, February 13th, 2010 - 14:51:32 
Site Admin

((They built another, bigger sled for the race to the star. The one that got burned was at the very beginning. It said "Rosebud" on it, taking off from Citizen Kane.))

"Yeah," Buster said, shrugging. "But he does, so what are you gonna do?" He slumped a bit more on the cold rock he and Babs were using as a chair and sighed. "Let's face it. Nothing's going to change around here without some kind of miracle." He and Babs turned to look at each other, knowing what that meant. Babs was sick, and slowly getting worse. They weren't sure if it was from malnutrition, some kind of disease, or just that she was slowly loosing the will to live. Possibly a combination of all three. They snuggled a little closer together for warmth, not wanting to think about it.

Image Image Image

PostPosted: Saturday, February 13th, 2010 - 15:37:46 
Background

Plucky began to look down as he sang "Some folks say that life ain't fair..."

PostPosted: Saturday, February 13th, 2010 - 20:10:25 
Site Admin

"At the orphanage they fed us, just three squares," Hamton continued.

"We slept on beds with springs that poked," lamented Babs.

"The faucets all dripped and the furnace smoked," Buster added.

Image Image Image

PostPosted: Saturday, February 13th, 2010 - 22:59:47 
Background

Framwinkle wrote:
"At the orphanage they fed us, just three squares," Hamton continued.

"We slept on beds with springs that poked," lamented Babs.

"The faucets all dripped and the furnace smoked," Buster added.

"The windows got shattered pretty easily" Plucky continued.