Acme Acres

Welcome Toonsters, to Acme Acres! Your place for all things Tiny Toon Adventures!
It is currently Saturday, May 27th, 2017 - 08:08:45

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Saturday, February 13th, 2010 - 23:46:12 
Site Admin

Favorite Character(s): Babs Bunny
"The walls were papered all in paisley." Hamton sang.

"But now the orphanage is shut down." sang Buster.

"No one can help in this small town," everyone sang together.

Babs then spang into action, "Which is why I want to go to Hollywood! That screwy ballyhooey Holly... um, wood?" She stopped and looked around at her friends, who were giving her looks. "What?"

"We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission; which is the stage of the darkest periods of human history, the stage of rule by brute force." - Ayn Rand.
http://www.framwinkle.com
Image Image Image

PostPosted: Sunday, February 14th, 2010 - 00:03:16 
Background

Favorite Character(s): Plucky Duck
Framwinkle wrote:
"The walls were papered all in paisley." Hamton sang.

"But now the orphanage is shut down." sang Buster.

"No one can help in this small town," everyone sang together.

Babs then spang into action, "Which is why I want to go to Hollywood! That screwy ballyhooey Holly... um, wood?" She stopped and looked around at her friends, who were giving her looks. "What?"

"You've messed up the rhythm of our jolly... uh... Aw skip it!"
Elmyra dashed into the center of the group, putting out the fire due to the force. "Aw it looks like you're hurt" she said to all of the toons due to their frost bitten bodies.
"You couldn't be much worse." Plucky said as his eyes widened, he subsequently ran away in whatever direction the others did.

PostPosted: Sunday, February 14th, 2010 - 00:30:18 
Site Admin

"Elmyra!" Buster and Babs yelled together, then quickly dashing down the street as fast as they could and turning into an alley to hide. One the one hand, being captured by Elmyra might mean a warm place to stay for a while. But on the other, they'd probably live longer out in the cold.

"We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission; which is the stage of the darkest periods of human history, the stage of rule by brute force." - Ayn Rand.
Image Image Image

PostPosted: Sunday, February 14th, 2010 - 03:04:28 
Background

Framwinkle wrote:
"Elmyra!" Buster and Babs yelled together, then quickly dashing down the street as fast as they could and turning into an alley to hide. One the one hand, being captured by Elmyra might mean a warm place to stay for a while. But on the other, they'd probably live longer out in the cold.

Meanwhile, Shirley and Concord were roaming the streets, freezing to death. "Like, homeless and dead people are found here." Shirley sang

"Yup, looks like a city doomp (Dump)" Concord replied.

PostPosted: Sunday, February 14th, 2010 - 21:46:10 
Site Admin

((I'm going to script format for the song. It's too clunky trying to write it out.))

Hamton: "The Weenie Burger shut down last year."
Buster: "This town's really in a slump."

Babs: "Acme Falls had a shopping mall."
Fifi: "Ze best place to meet boys."

Melody: "But Montana Max put an end to that."
Sneezer: "And took away all our toys!"

Image Image Image

PostPosted: Sunday, February 14th, 2010 - 22:23:06 
Background

Framwinkle wrote:
((I'm going to script format for the song. It's too clunky trying to write it out.))

Hamton: "The Weenie Burger shut down last year."
Buster: "This town's really in a slump."

Babs: "Acme Falls had a shopping mall."
Fifi: "Ze best place to meet boys."

Melody: "But Montana Max put an end to that."
Sneezer: "And took away all our toys!"

((Fine, but you'd better change it later, kay? ))

Meanwhile at Max's room, Max sung along while at his safe "My gosh the safe is piling"

Everyone outside sang "All of our fridges are bare!"

Max happily sung "My guest room is overflowing" as he showed us a a room, however when he opened the door, an avalanche of money fell on him, making him laugh even more.

Everyone else as a whole continued to sing along "We're broke it seems so unfair! As a town we're so down so we mope!"

Plucky surprisingly attempted to lift their spirits spirits by singing "You've gotta cheer up, and never ever give up hope!" in the center of them with a huge smile.

PostPosted: Friday, February 19th, 2010 - 06:34:50 
Site Admin

The people of the town respond to Plucky singing, "We won't give up! We'll never give up hope! Hope! Hope! Hope! Hope! BLEAH!" The music stops and the townsfolk wander quietly off, heading back to their respective dwellings, looking less than enthused.

"Boy!" Buster exclaims. "Disney we ain't!"

"That was so 2008." Babs adds.

Image Image Image

PostPosted: Saturday, February 27th, 2010 - 12:02:44 
Site Admin

(Note: The narration is in italics.)

And so the toons of Acme falls hoped, sort of, through the winter. They had resonable expectations through the spring. They became somewhat jaded through the summer. They started becomming pessimistic through the fall. And by winter time...

"Hey! Wait a minute!" Buster inturrupted the narrator. "You mean you're gonna make us wait a whole year to continue this story? But we're cold and starving right now! How are things going to be better in a year?"

"Yeah!" Babs chimed in. "Let's get this show on the road while we still have hope, such as it is."

Okay, okay! Keep your pants on, those of you who are wearing them!

Buster just rolled his eyes.

So, while the town hoped, Babs kept getting worse.

"Cough! Hack! Cough! Wheeze!" Babs said.

"Nice" Buster complimented her.

"Shh!" she chided him.

So, while Buster stayed behind to look after her, Plucky and Hamton went out into the world to seek their fortune.

Image Image Image

PostPosted: Sunday, February 28th, 2010 - 19:05:39 
Background

Framwinkle wrote:
(Note: The narration is in italics.)

And so the toons of Acme falls hoped, sort of, through the winter. They had resonable expectations through the spring. They became somewhat jaded through the summer. They started becomming pessimistic through the fall. And by winter time...

"Hey! Wait a minute!" Buster inturrupted the narrator. "You mean you're gonna make us wait a whole year to continue this story? But we're cold and starving right now! How are things going to be better in a year?"

"Yeah!" Babs chimed in. "Let's get this show on the road while we still have hope, such as it is."

Okay, okay! Keep your pants on, those of you who are wearing them!

Buster just rolled his eyes.

So, while the town hoped, Babs kept getting worse.

"Cough! Hack! Cough! Wheeze!" Babs said.

"Nice" Buster complimented her.

"Shh!" she chided him.

So, while Buster stayed behind to look after her, Plucky and Hamton went out into the world to seek their fortune.

As a young Chicken's fancy turned to romance

"Dagdum Farfeghnewton! Come out!" A horse flew out upon cue and Fowlmouth began to make out with it, much to Calamity Coyote's disgust.

PostPosted: Sunday, February 28th, 2010 - 20:00:12 
Site Admin

Louis6578 wrote:

"Dagdum Farfeghnewton! Come out!" A horse flew out upon cue and Fowlmouth began to make out with it, much to Calamity Coyote's disgust.

"Eew!" Calamity signed while looking at the audience. He then flipped the sign over. "Hey brainiac? This horse isn't even in our cartoon!" When Foulmouth didn't notice the sign, because he was preoccupied, Calamity used it to hit him over the head.

"Ow! Dadgum!" Foulmouth shouted, rubbing his head. He then read the sign, and replied. "What? You some kind of dadgum speciesist or sump'in?" Calamity just glared. "Hey! Shirl won't go out wit me no more, so what am I gonna do?" Calamity just held up the sign again, pointing vigorously to it, while Foulmouth seemed to take no notice. "Besides, me an' Farf here are in love!" Calamity simply looked once at the audience, eyes narrowed in a "give me a break" look, and hit him again with the sign, much harder this time so that stars circled around his head. He then drug the semi-conscious rooster out of the barn as the camera cut to Buster and Babs, both asleep on a bench at the train station.

Buster sat at one end of the bench, head nodded, while Babs lay down on the rest of the bench with her head nestled in his lap for a pillow, a thin and tattered blanket covering her. Off in the distance, a sound awakened them. It was a train whistle! Trains never came through Acme Falls anymore unless they were stopping there, and that hadn't happened for a very long time, so this could only mean one thing. Plucky and Hamton must be returning! The whistle grew louder as the train came closer, and as the sound grew, so did the excitement in the town.

Image Image Image

PostPosted: Monday, March 01st, 2010 - 14:50:42 
Background

Framwinkle wrote:
Louis6578 wrote:

"Eew!" Calamity signed while looking at the audience. He then flipped the sign over. "Hey brainiac? This horse isn't even in our cartoon!" When Foulmouth didn't notice the sign, because he was preoccupied, Calamity used it to hit him over the head.

"Ow! Dadgum!" Foulmouth shouted, rubbing his head. He then read the sign, and replied. "What? You some kind of dadgum speciesist or sump'in?" Calamity just glared. "Hey! Shirl won't go out wit me no more, so what am I gonna do?" Calamity just held up the sign again, pointing vigorously to it, while Foulmouth seemed to take no notice. "Besides, me an' Farf here are in love!" Calamity simply looked once at the audience, eyes narrowed in a "give me a break" look, and hit him again with the sign, much harder this time so that stars circled around his head. He then drug the semi-conscious rooster out of the barn as the camera cut to Buster and Babs, both asleep on a bench at the train station.

Buster sat at one end of the bench, head nodded, while Babs lay down on the rest of the bench with her head nestled in his lap for a pillow, a thin and tattered blanket covering her. Off in the distance, a sound awakened them. It was a train whistle! Trains never came through Acme Falls anymore unless they were stopping there, and that hadn't happened for a very long time, so this could only mean one thing. Plucky and Hamton must be returning! The whistle grew louder as the train came closer, and as the sound grew, so did the excitement in the town.

((Buster can start off the song. =D))

PostPosted: Tuesday, March 02nd, 2010 - 20:24:33 
Site Admin

As the sound of the train whistle grew closer, Furrball stopped scrounging through garbage, Shirley stopped meditating, Fifi stopped preening, Dizzy stopped spinning, Elmyra stopped hugging some poor creature, Gogo stopped, um, doing whatever it was he was doing, Calamity stopped inventing, Foulmouth stopped swearing, "It's the dadgum train!" (Well, almost.) and Concord stopped flying. ::thunk!:: Indeed, all over Acme Falls the townspeople stopped what they were doing and looked up as the sound of the train drew their attention.

Babs sat up on the bench at the train station, keeping the blanket wrapped around her while hugging Buster close, a look of excitement in both their eyes.

Soon the whole town was racing to the station to meet the train. After all, entertainment was scarce since the cable company had shut off the whole town for nonpayment, so any distraction was welcome.

With the train in sight, Babs and Buster both stood up in anticipation of its arrival and Buster broke out into song. "Oh the train bearing Plucky is rolling down the tracks!" Buster sang.

"I'm sure Hamton's been with him all along." Babs sang, not wanting to leave Hamton out.

"Plucky went into the world and how he's coming back" the townspeople sang.

"We've missed them BOTH the whole time they've been gone." Babs corrected.

"Like, they went to seek their fortunes. I feel like I've been burned." Shirley sang, somewhat peeved that they didn't just ask her for their fortunes.

"They're bringing souveniers, and maybe juicy worms!" sang Sweetie.

"The train with our two friends is getting closer." sang Babs.

"Bringing Plucky..." the town sang.

"And Hamton..." Babs added.

"Back home!" Everyone sang.

Image Image Image

PostPosted: Tuesday, March 02nd, 2010 - 20:30:01 
Site Admin

((Just thinking. Instead of a haypenny, how about real money? Or if you still want to be silly, bus tokens, or maybe tickets from a video arcade. That would be Plucky. "Now I can get anything I want on the prize wall!"))

Image Image Image

PostPosted: Wednesday, March 03rd, 2010 - 17:47:21 
Background

Framwinkle wrote:
As the sound of the train whistle grew closer, Furrball stopped scrounging through garbage, Shirley stopped meditating, Fifi stopped preening, Dizzy stopped spinning, Elmyra stopped hugging some poor creature, Gogo stopped, um, doing whatever it was he was doing, Calamity stopped inventing, Foulmouth stopped swearing, "It's the dadgum train!" (Well, almost.) and Concord stopped flying. ::thunk!:: Indeed, all over Acme Falls the townspeople stopped what they were doing and looked up as the sound of the train drew their attention.

Babs sat up on the bench at the train station, keeping the blanket wrapped around her while hugging Buster close, a look of excitement in both their eyes.

Soon the whole town was racing to the station to meet the train. After all, entertainment was scarce since the cable company had shut off the whole town for nonpayment, so any distraction was welcome.

With the train in sight, Babs and Buster both stood up in anticipation of its arrival and Buster broke out into song. "Oh the train bearing Plucky is rolling down the tracks!" Buster sang.

"I'm sure Hamton's been with him all along." Babs sang, not wanting to leave Hamton out.

"Plucky went into the world and how he's coming back" the townspeople sang.

"We've missed them BOTH the whole time they've been gone." Babs corrected.

"Like, they went to seek their fortunes. I feel like I've been burned." Shirley sang, somewhat peeved that they didn't just ask her for their fortunes.

"They're bringing souveniers, and maybe juicy worms!" sang Sweetie.

"The train with our two friends is getting closer." sang Babs.

"Bringing Plucky..." the town sang.

"And Hamton..." Babs added.

"Back home!" Everyone sang.

Suddenly, the train doors opened, but for a full ten seconds, there was no one there, until Plucky dashed in the fray, happily yelling "Hi!" with Hamton carrying luggage behind him.

"My friends of Acme Falls, I give you my fortune... A CHECK FOR TWENTY MILLION DOLLARS!" Plucky took out a check and continuously showed it off while smiling as if he'd put it to a worthy cause.

PostPosted: Saturday, March 06th, 2010 - 22:36:04 
Site Admin

((I'm not sure a check is going to work. After all, checks are made out to a specific person, so it wouldn't do Monty any good to steal it if it's made out to Plucky. He could tax it, but only after Plucky cashed it. And that's another problem. Where in Acme Falls is he going to cash a check for $20M? If there is still a bank in town, it's not going to have that kind of money. Cashing the check would just be an extra step anyway.

If we're going to have it be real money, then it's probably best to just have it be in cash already. There are a few ways this could be handled. A single $20M bill won't work, because again, who in Acme Falls could break such a bill? Small bills, (10's, 20's, 100's) could work. Maybe that's what Hamton is lugging around in the luggage? But then what currency is it in? U.S. Dollars? Pesos? Quatloos? Mabye it sounds like a lot, but Monty could inform them that after it's exchanged for local curency it's actually worthless. That may or may not be true, but Monty could use it as an excuse to help him take it from them. That part isn't necessary, of course, for Monty to tax it. But it might be funny.))

Image Image Image