Acme Acres

Welcome Toonsters, to Acme Acres! Your place for all things Tiny Toon Adventures!
It is currently Thursday, June 22nd, 2017 - 08:12:09

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sunday, June 21st, 2009 - 13:58:15 
Script

Favorite Character(s): Gogo Dodo
This is my first attempt at Animainiacs Fan Fiction. It's just a short comedy, nothing spectacular, but I hope it at least provides a pleasant distraction of some kind. At least it gave me a chance to write Pinky and the Brain. I've been meaning to do that for some time.

Dot's Poetry Corner Revisited

by Bubbles' Big Brother

"The stage was dark, as the usual crowd shuffled in. Then a lone spotlight hit the stage as she grooved her way nonchalantly into view. She was a hip cat, Daddio, too cool to be schooled, and too dumb to know better. Taking a sip from her glass of H2O, baby, she cleared her throat and did those golden tones resound, oh man, baby, did they ev..."

"Do you mind?" Dot asked.

"Well," the deep baritone said, reverting back to its normal high pitched squeak. "It has been a while since you did this, narf! I thought, point! The audience could use a refresher."

"You thought?" the diminutive lab mouse Brain, looked to his mindless partner, Pinky, with a raised, curious eyebrow. The two of them were seated atop a table in the Cafe where Dot preformed her poetry readings.

"Don't look at me that way, Brain," Pinky replied. "I'm as shocked as you are!"

"If you don't mind," Dot replied, "I'd like to get on with this."

"As much I would like to oblige you," Brain replied, "It has recently occurred to me that these poetry readings provide an essential function for the upkeep of your mental stability. They allow you a psychological escapism that helps you maintain what little grasp of reality you actually have left. Should these incidents be interrupted, then over time you would go completely insane and unleash a cartoon-fueled anvil launching, mallet wielding rampage that would, if I may be so bold to remark, reduce civilization as we know it to a crumbling ruin. In the aftermath of such an event, it would be very easy for certain unassuming persons to rise to power and thusly take over the ..."

"Look," Dot calmly interrupted, "I don't get away from the boys too often. What say we make a deal? You keep your little mousey mouth shut, and tomorrow, I'll tell Wakko that the U.N. is planning a 200% global tax on Don Knots."

"Good heavens," Brian astonished. "That would accomplish everything I need at an expedited rate! Ms. Warner, you have my word as a would-be world conqueror. My lips are sealed."

"Finally!" Dot replied. "It's getting so a girl has to destroy western civilization every time she wants to read a pretentious, nonsensical verse!"

Dot cleared her throat, and began...

"Little Miss Moffat
"Sat on her tuffet
"And what a big tuffet it was,
"So she signed up for Jenny Craig's twelve step program and now whenever she walks by my brother's shout 'Hellooooo Nurse'!
"Thank you," Dot bowed.

"Hmmm," Brain thought. "She just betrayed all mankind for a few lines of uninterrupted dialogue. I wonder if she's not entirely insane already?"

"Not really," Dot replied. "In the words of a personal hero of mine, I just don't give a darn."

THE END

PostPosted: Sunday, June 21st, 2009 - 13:59:14 
Sketch

Lou Costello walks through the room "Oh, he's our shortstop!" (though this one has better audio).

Well done BBB, I think you nailed the mood of these segments. I had forgotten about these until now. I thnk I'll have to go back and rewatch some of these episodes.

PostPosted: Sunday, June 21st, 2009 - 13:59:43 
Site Admin

Favorite Character(s): Babs Bunny
That was very good! But it occurs to me that Dot's Poetry Corner is something that could be an ongoing project for everyone, or a kind of game, if you're willing to let people contribute. Her poems could be fun to write.

And now, Dot's poetry corner.

Dot takes the stage.

"Ahemhem!" she says, as she clears her throat. "Hey diddle diddle, the cat and the fiddle. The cow jumped over the moon... Yeah, I really can't help this one. And people say I'm crazy! Thank you."

She bows, drinks a sip of water, and walks off stage to light applause.

"We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission; which is the stage of the darkest periods of human history, the stage of rule by brute force." - Ayn Rand.
http://www.framwinkle.com
Image Image Image

PostPosted: Sunday, June 21st, 2009 - 13:59:54 
Script

Favorite Character(s): Gogo Dodo
I don't mind at all if anyone else wants to throw in on this idea. After all, Round Robins are good and good for you. If I might make one suggestion though, I think it might be fun if we tried to build a little story around each segment. For instance, in mine, Pinky and the Brain showed up. For the next episode, what if Dot's brothers showed up to heckle her, or what if she got some stiff competition from Rita who's trying poetry out instead of song, or what if Dot showed up but looked mysteriously like a chicken (Chicken Boo, anyone?)?

The fact is that there a million little amusing anecdotes that could take place and they could really spice up the normally silly rhyming sessions. However, if you just want to write Dot saying a silly rhyme, but all means go ahead.

PostPosted: Sunday, June 21st, 2009 - 14:00:24 
Sketch

Bubbles' Big Brother wrote:
what if Dot's brothers showed up to heckle her

Funny you should ask. Now quiet down, the show's about to start.

*The lights dim save for a spotlight illuminating the stage. The room was silent as a figure entered the light. The announcer spoke*

"And now, it's time for: Dot's Poetry Corner."

This is greeted by hoots, hollers and obnoxious clapping from two figures in the front row. "Hey, that's our sister!" one of them cried.

"Oh no, not you two. Weren't you going to bother Ralph or something?"

"Yeeeeeah," Yakko replied, "but it just wasn't the same without you."

"Well just sit there then. You've already messed up the quiet, artistic, atmosphere in here."

"Oh, that was Wakko. The mexican food we had before coming here was spi-cy."

Wakko emits one of his trademark, room-shaking, belches, "Excuse me."

Dot wipes her palm across her face, then quickly composes herself, shrugging it off, trying to get on with things.

"Ah-he-he-hem," she cleared her throat.

"Whoa, avant garde," Yakko quipped from the audience.

Dot just glared. She then cleared her throat again, softer this time, and began:

"There was an old woman who lived in a shoe..."

"And like this segement it stinks!" Yakko heckled. Wakko pulled out a steaming, stinking fish from his shirt, shoved it in his mouth, pulled out the skeleton and flung it on the stage.

At this point, Dot began to breathe heavily, pulsing with anger, but quickly suppressed it and continued.

"There was and old woman who lived in a shoe," she recited quickly, "she was sick of my brothers and I AM TOO!" she shouted as she lunged off the stage and pursued her brothers out of the building.

The spotlight dimmed, leaving the room dark. The sound of snapping fingers filled the room.

PostPosted: Sunday, June 21st, 2009 - 14:01:03 
Comedy Beat

She chased them into the night. What a chase it was, it's as if they crossed the world.

It turns out...

That they did.

Once again, Dot was on stage and her brothers were in the audience.

Dot said, "Deja Vu"

"Get off the stage!"
"You suck!"
"Where are my pants?"

"Screw you! Dot concluded, jumping off the stage, starting the chase over once again.

"This is perfect for my plans Pinky," The Brain said.
"But I thought we were just going to go to dinner"
"We must take advantage of this endless cycle."
"Gee Brain, if it's endless, why do we have to take care of it now?"

In a second, Pinky was seeing stars.

Rubbing his fist, Brain said, "Because it involves my latest plan for world domination."

PostPosted: Sunday, June 21st, 2009 - 14:01:44 
Sketch

"Hmm... with the way she chased after them like that, it doesn't seem as though the UN will be attacked soon enough," Brain grumbled as he paced just off stage, "we will have to resort to more direct actions ourselves. Come Pinky!"

"Where're we goin' Brain?"

"You'll see, my dimunuative colleague."

The lights again darken in the room. The dimmer switch must be getting a workout tonight. A spotlight comes up on an empty stage which remains empty for a few moments. Shuffling and a few thuds come from the darkened room off to the side of the stage and a slightly deformed looking Dot wobbles up. A passing glance might suggest this wasn't the genuine article, but she approched the mic and began:

"Roses are Red, violets are blue, poit,"

"Without the commentary Pinky," a second voice said from somewhere inside "Dot."

"Sorry Brain, narf."

"Just finish the poem," he said with growing exasperation

"But Brain, the metering of the last line is off, I mean how do you expect to convey the true emotional undertones and the symbolism of such a verse if..." the question was cut short by what sounded like a smack with a rolled up piece of paper.

"Sugar is sweet," the Dot-esque voice resumed, sounding a bit woozy, "and the UN shall bow to..."

The poem was interrupted as Yakko and Wakko came charging across the stage, still being pursued by Dot. None of them noticed the shredded costume, much less the two lab mice scurrying away into the darkness.

PostPosted: Sunday, June 21st, 2009 - 14:02:46 
Site Admin

An old, gray squirrel wearing a small green hat ambles up to the microphone.

"Ahem!" she says, clearing her throat. "Two roads diverged in a wood, and I took the one less traveled by, and promptly got lost, which is how I ended up here. Can anyone tell me how to get to the interstate?"

"We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission; which is the stage of the darkest periods of human history, the stage of rule by brute force." - Ayn Rand.
Image Image Image

PostPosted: Sunday, June 21st, 2009 - 14:02:58 
Sketch

*applause* That was brilliant. I'm still laughing about that one.

PostPosted: Sunday, June 21st, 2009 - 14:03:52 
Site Admin

Dot walks to the microphone and clears her throat.

"There once was a girl from Nantucket..." She waits for a reaction from the audience, but gets none. "Hey! What gives? Usually people get upset when someone tries to say that one."

Someone in the audience responds, "But we've never heard the whole thing." "Yeah!" someone else chimes in, "They always stop there! We want to hear the rest!"

Dot blushes. "Er, sorry. I've never heard it, either."

"We know it!" shout Yakko and Wakko in unison.

"NO!" yells Dot, as she chases them out of the room.

The people in the audience look disapointed. "Aw! It happened again!"

Image Image Image

PostPosted: Sunday, June 21st, 2009 - 14:04:06 
Inked Cell

Favorite Character(s): Mary Melody
Rhode Island must be a very creepy place.... :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

My FFN page: https://www.fanfiction.net/~thejamakanumbuhi
My FiM Fiction page: http://www.fimfiction.net/user/i_am_the_jam
My DeviantarArt page: http://iamthejam.deviantart.com/

PostPosted: Sunday, June 21st, 2009 - 14:04:34 
Site Admin

A spotlight illuminates the stage and the curtains part. But instead of Dot emerging from the curtains as the audience is expecting, Wakko takes the stage, leaving the audience stunned.

Dot quickly bursts forth from behind the curtains. "Hey! Come back here with my stage!" she yells, running after him.

Image Image Image

PostPosted: Monday, June 22nd, 2009 - 21:00:21 
Site Admin

Dot walks on to stage dressed in a flowery, pink Japanese kimono.

"Yakko and Wakko,
What a couple of wierdos!
That is all. Thank you."

She is chased off stage by her brothers, weilding katanas.

Image Image Image

PostPosted: Monday, June 22nd, 2009 - 21:18:06 
Inked Cell

Favorite Character(s): Mary Melody
Sharp things those are... :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

My FFN page: https://www.fanfiction.net/~thejamakanumbuhi
My FiM Fiction page: http://www.fimfiction.net/user/i_am_the_jam
My DeviantarArt page: http://iamthejam.deviantart.com/

PostPosted: Tuesday, June 30th, 2009 - 19:26:06 
Site Admin

Dot steps from behind the curtains and walks up to the microphone.

"Ahem!
There is a place where the sidewalk ends,
And before the street begins,
And there stand the barrels, orange and white,
And there the road flares burn crimson at night,
And there the guy in the day-glo vest rests from his plight,
To make me late for rehersals.

Let me leave this place where the deisels blow their stack,
And the guys break wind as they bend.
Past the pits where the asphalt glows
And cars crawl in a crawl that is measured and slow,
I don't want to watch how far down his crack can go!
Good heavens, get that man a belt!

As the cars crawl in a crawl that is measured and slow,
And I go where the arrows tell me to go,
I could have avoided, if I'd only known,
The place where the sidewalk ends.

I hear they're putting in a new freeway interchange, so you may want to take an alternate route. Thank you."

She leaves the way she came, to light applause.

Image Image Image