Acme Acres

Welcome Toonsters, to Acme Acres! Your place for all things Tiny Toon Adventures!
It is currently Tuesday, July 25th, 2017 - 16:51:20

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wednesday, May 17th, 2017 - 09:55:12 
Inked Cell

Favorite Character(s): Mary Melody
With all our talks about favorite cartoons and episodes, why not have this one as well?

Perhaps you may not completely despise an entire series/season or franchise, but maybe just an episode or two of said series.

I can think of three that DEFINITELY could have been done better:

Rude Dog & The Dweebs, 1989.

Basically a poorly animated and poorly written version of "Pound Puppies", with the main character being a pit bull named Rude Dog, whose only mission in life was to protect his pack by being rude, I think. I only saw the series premiere, and right after that, I told one of my friends, "That series isn't going to last beyond December." (That is, it was so bad that I didn't think it would go beyond the first airing of its 13 episodes).

It was cancelled in November.

The Bionic Six

Besides having a cheesy theme song, this series attempted to revive the "cyborg" theme which was prevalent in the 70's...with poor results. Again, poor writing (why were children being hospitalised in a RESEARCH LABORATORY???) is what kept this series from leaving the (then prevalent) oblivion of cable TV.

The Banana Splits Movie

They took 20 minutes of air time to jump over a moat. 'Nuff said :D :D :D

My YouTube Page: https://www.youtube.com/user/thejamakanumbuhi
My FFN page: https://www.fanfiction.net/~thejamakanumbuhi
My FiM Fiction page: http://www.fimfiction.net/user/i_am_the_jam
My DeviantarArt page: http://iamthejam.deviantart.com/

PostPosted: Wednesday, May 17th, 2017 - 11:13:34 
Toon

Favorite Character(s): Babs and Fifi
Fat Dog yes there was such a cartoon

PostPosted: Wednesday, May 17th, 2017 - 11:41:46 
Toon

Favorite Character(s): Babs, Plucky
Coconut Fred's Fruit Salad Island. Along with being a blatant rip off of Spongebob, it's one of the few shows Rob Paulson regrets working on.

PostPosted: Wednesday, May 17th, 2017 - 11:47:46 
Musical Score

Favorite Character(s): Babs Bunny, Dot Warner
Warning: Rant ahead

Without a doubt, the one cartoon I despise more than any other is Teen Titans Go! Where do I even begin with this trainwreck? First off, the show is nothing but one giant middle finger to the original Teen Titans cartoon where all the characters have been turned into complete morons. When they're not being complete idiots, they're being brutish jerks towards one another even though they're supposed to be a superhero team. They may as well not even be the Teen Titans, as you could easily swap them out with any generic cartoon characters and it'd be the exact same show. None of the jokes or plots make any sense whatsoever. They had one episode where they discovered that all bathrooms are actually aliens from outer space...just what the WHAT?!? :shock: What kind of drugs do you have to be taking to come up with such nonsense? And then don't get me started on how the show will go completely out of its way to bash all of its criticism. They have actually had entire episodes devoted to attacking their detractors. Such "masterpieces" as Let's Get Serious, The Return of Slade, and Finally a Lesson all go to show that the writers don't care about what kind of a show they put out. There was one episode where Beast Boy and Cyborg kept repeating the word "waffles" for 11 minutes straight. Brilliant, I tell you, just brillaint. :roll: There was also an episode where the redubbed an episode of the original Teen Titans series with some of the most cringe-worthy dialogue ever written on paper. Oh, and apparently they're jealous of the success My Little Pony has had in recent years. They went out of their way to create an episode where Raven is apparently a pegasister (admittingly clever because she's voiced by Tara Strong) and watches a My Little Pony knockoff...where they show off their butts all the time. Is that what the writers seriously think the MLP fandom is like? Do they seriously think we watch it just for all the disgusting clop that exists? :evil: This show has so many problems, I could write an entire book on it. But I'll save you all my criticism and just warn you to avoid this show like the plague. There is absolutely nothing funny, entertaining, endearing, or meaningful about Teen Titans Go.

Rant over.

My Twitter page
My DeviantArt page

PostPosted: Wednesday, May 17th, 2017 - 14:04:35 
Toon

Even though I haven't seen much of the show, I will agree that it's one of CN's worst shows. Just seeing a clip is enough for my IQ to drop 5 points. It's like the creators made it just to spit on the original show's name. What's worse is that CN plays this show for hours on end just because the kids like it. Also, while your rant was good, I worrry that the crew will see it, and make another insulting episode about the "haters".

PostPosted: Wednesday, May 17th, 2017 - 14:16:55 
Musical Score

Favorite Character(s): Babs Bunny, Dot Warner
That's the thing about it. We're not haters, it's just a legitimately bad show. All the creators have to do is listen to their detractors and at least try to improve upon its flaws. Sadly, I feel that may never happen.

My Twitter page
My DeviantArt page

PostPosted: Wednesday, May 17th, 2017 - 14:36:23 
Toon

I agree with you there

PostPosted: Wednesday, May 17th, 2017 - 14:38:33 
Toon

I agree as well. Because of that, I think that complaining about it is futile, as it just gives them more fuel to troll us. The worst part is that they know the show's bad, but still refuse to fix the flaws. In the episode The Fourth Wall, Control Freak, a straw man for a TTG detractor shows the Titans the legitimate flaws of their show, like he stupid humor, the bad animation and nonstop screaming, and if they don't improve, they'll get rebooted. After hearing this, they change the animation style to a Regular Show knock off, tell "highbrow" puns, and start speaking in a British accept. The Titans then learn to "be true to yourself" and have 30 seconds of farting in Control Freak's face. If you ignore the show, they'll have less ammo, and they show might eventually die out.

PostPosted: Wednesday, May 17th, 2017 - 14:45:22 
Toon

Also the crossover between them and powerpuff girls was awful which is a shame because that could' have been an interesting crossover

PostPosted: Wednesday, May 17th, 2017 - 14:55:23 
Toon

I didn't think it was that bad. While the Titans were still jerks, that let the Powerpuff girls go back to their original personality, and felt more like a parody of Teen Titans Go. To avoid this becoming a TTG thread, another show I really don't like is Breadwinners. Along with cringe worthy meme references and slang, Behduce and Swaysway are just 2 loud, obnoxious idiots trying way too hard to be hip. Fortunately, this was Nick's last bad Nicktoon, as we would get such classic shows like Harvey Beaks, Pig Goat Banana Cricket and Loud House after this.

PostPosted: Wednesday, May 17th, 2017 - 17:10:21 
Toon

Check this article by Cracked

http://www.cracked.com/article_15287_th ... tions.html

PostPosted: Wednesday, May 17th, 2017 - 17:14:51 
Toon

I remember that era. It was a bleak time for animation back then. Even Hanna Barbera was in on it. The lowest point was Fonz and the Happy Days Gang, which put them in space and gave them a talking dog.

PostPosted: Wednesday, May 17th, 2017 - 17:17:28 
Toon

I disagree about The Real GhostBusters cartoon I am watching it now on Netflix and enjoyit you think it be one of the more popular ones. I agree about the others through I watched that Fantasic four cartoon

PostPosted: Wednesday, May 17th, 2017 - 18:06:35 
Toon

Loonitics Unleashed. While it wasn't awful, it was still not that good. Who's idea was it to make Looney Tunes a serious action show?

PostPosted: Thursday, May 18th, 2017 - 14:34:13 
Storyboard

Favorite Character(s): Pinky and the Brain
LittleLooney wrote:
Warning: Rant ahead

Without a doubt, the one cartoon I despise more than any other is Teen Titans Go! Where do I even begin with this trainwreck? First off, the show is nothing but one giant middle finger to the original Teen Titans cartoon where all the characters have been turned into complete morons. When they're not being complete idiots, they're being brutish jerks towards one another even though they're supposed to be a superhero team. They may as well not even be the Teen Titans, as you could easily swap them out with any generic cartoon characters and it'd be the exact same show. None of the jokes or plots make any sense whatsoever. They had one episode where they discovered that all bathrooms are actually aliens from outer space...just what the WHAT?!? :shock: What kind of drugs do you have to be taking to come up with such nonsense? And then don't get me started on how the show will go completely out of its way to bash all of its criticism. They have actually had entire episodes devoted to attacking their detractors. Such "masterpieces" as Let's Get Serious, The Return of Slade, and Finally a Lesson all go to show that the writers don't care about what kind of a show they put out. There was one episode where Beast Boy and Cyborg kept repeating the word "waffles" for 11 minutes straight. Brilliant, I tell you, just brillaint. :roll: There was also an episode where the redubbed an episode of the original Teen Titans series with some of the most cringe-worthy dialogue ever written on paper. Oh, and apparently they're jealous of the success My Little Pony has had in recent years. They went out of their way to create an episode where Raven is apparently a pegasister (admittingly clever because she's voiced by Tara Strong) and watches a My Little Pony knockoff...where they show off their butts all the time. Is that what the writers seriously think the MLP fandom is like? Do they seriously think we watch it just for all the disgusting clop that exists? :evil: This show has so many problems, I could write an entire book on it. But I'll save you all my criticism and just warn you to avoid this show like the plague. There is absolutely nothing funny, entertaining, endearing, or meaningful about Teen Titans Go.

Rant over.

After reading this rant I watched a clip from the show on Youtube out of curiosity. I had to stop after one minute to salvage my intelligence. A llama on speed could surely make a better cartoon than that. This can't be serious, can it?