Acme Acres

Welcome Toonsters, to Acme Acres! Your place for all things Tiny Toon Adventures!
It is currently Thursday, June 22nd, 2017 - 14:40:40

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Thursday, May 18th, 2017 - 15:03:22 
Toon

Favorite Character(s): Babs, Plucky
I felt the same way when I saw a clip from it in school last year. The only way my intelligence was saved was by looking down. The worst part is that it isn't just an intentionallly bad parody, but the writers are just that incompetent.

PostPosted: Thursday, May 18th, 2017 - 15:29:56 
Musical Score

Favorite Character(s): Babs Bunny, Dot Warner
Kronstadtsuperior wrote:
After reading this rant I watched a clip from the show on Youtube out of curiosity. I had to stop after one minute to salvage my intelligence. A llama on speed could surely make a better cartoon than that. This can't be serious, can it?

Oh how I wish it wasn't, but every word I wrote in that rant is 100% true. I regret none of my criticisms. :evil:

Yakkofan4! wrote:
I felt the same way when I saw a clip from it in school last year. The only way my intelligence was saved was by looking down. The worst part is that it isn't just an intentionallly bad parody, but the writers are just that incompetent.

Why did you have to watch it in school? :?

My Twitter page
My DeviantArt page

PostPosted: Thursday, May 18th, 2017 - 18:30:55 
Toon

We were having a chapel that involved apple bobbing for some reason, and the clip they played was the "When I say apple, you say pie!" song from who knows what episode. I just hope they never play the waffles song anytime.

PostPosted: Friday, May 19th, 2017 - 04:01:22 
Sketch

Favorite Character(s): Pinky and the Brain
Yakkofan4! wrote:
Coconut Fred's Fruit Salad Island. Along with being a blatant rip off of Spongebob, it's one of the few shows Rob Paulson regrets working on.

I haven't watched that show, but from what I read on Wikipedia ''Yay me'' and ''Now you're talking, coconut!'' are absolutely nothing compared to Narf, Zort and Egad.

PostPosted: Friday, May 19th, 2017 - 05:32:28 
Toon

While I don't hate it, I never really liked Baby Looney Tunes. Along with trying too hard to be cute instead of clever, the idea of the Toons teaching morals is just plain wrong.

PostPosted: Friday, May 19th, 2017 - 06:34:10 
Toon

Favorite Character(s): Babs and Fifi
Does anyone here remember a cartoon on cartoon network called Cubix

PostPosted: Friday, May 19th, 2017 - 11:19:40 
Toon

I never saw it, but the CGI looked ugly. I can't believe that this was made the same time as Jimmy Neutron.

PostPosted: Friday, May 19th, 2017 - 11:51:57 
Toon

Favorite Character(s): Babs and Fifi
Maybe cartoon network was trying to compete with Nickelodeon and make a 3D cartoon oof their own, The closest thing I can of that was successful to a 3D cartoon network i Gumball

PostPosted: Friday, May 19th, 2017 - 12:58:53 
Toon

That could be the case. Always gotta keep up with Nick. They also tried CGI in the What A Cartoon short Strange Things, with better results.

PostPosted: Saturday, May 20th, 2017 - 15:01:41 
Animaniac

Favorite Character(s): Plucky,Hamton,SweetieDizzy etc
Well ain't this topic opening up a can of worms? People ranting about cartoons they hate has become all the rage in recent years.(especially on deviantart and youtube) It's basically the modern day equivalent of the Angry Video Game Reviewer boom of the early years of youtube... only without all of the charm, wit, being right and raw entertainment value. :lol: :roll: I might partake of this thread, though admittedly, I've already ranted about a number of cartoon shows I never could stand elsewhere on this website...

ImageImage

PostPosted: Saturday, May 20th, 2017 - 15:45:43 
Toon

I've noticed that as well. With Youtubers like Mr. Enter, Pieguyrulz and Rebeltaxi have became huge with their videos, influencing people in the cartoon reviewing realm. Sadly, most wannabes just accentuate the negative just for the heck of it.

PostPosted: Saturday, May 20th, 2017 - 16:14:38 
Animaniac

Favorite Character(s): Plucky,Hamton,SweetieDizzy etc
It seems that all MrEnter does anymore is rant about cartoons he doesn't like... I miss admirable animations...

ImageImage

PostPosted: Saturday, May 20th, 2017 - 16:36:22 
Toon

As much as I like him, I miss admirables too. Fortunately, he expained why they're so rarely done in this journal on Deviant art. http://mrenter.deviantart.com/journal/S ... -628872384

PostPosted: Sunday, June 11th, 2017 - 05:54:24 
Sketch

Favorite Character(s): Pinky and the Brain
I think The Adventures of the American Rabbit deserves a mention here. While not a cartoon, it's one of the worst animated feature films of all time. It's filled with plot holes, subpar animation, bizarre dialogue, awful music and features possibly the most pathetic superhero in animation history: a flying bunny painted in the stars and stripes and wearing a pair of useless rollerskates. Even worse, Tress MacNeille and Lorenzo Music are part of the cast. I guess they had some really urgent bills to pay. Strangely enough, one of the directors went on to work on Ducktales. :?
If you want, you can watch the entire travesty here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wLAof9rID5g

PostPosted: Sunday, June 11th, 2017 - 09:16:44 
Toon

The Powerpuff Girls reboot. The idea that someone could take a great series and neuter it beyond all recognition is just sad.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next