Acme Acres

Welcome Toonsters, to Acme Acres! Your place for all things Tiny Toon Adventures!
It is currently Wednesday, June 28th, 2017 - 16:47:45

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: I've been thinking...
PostPosted: Sunday, May 14th, 2017 - 17:46:37 
Musical Score

Favorite Character(s): Babs Bunny, Dot Warner
A few of you know of my OC pony Moonbeam whom I created a while ago and how very proud I am of her. But I've been thinking what if I received negative feedback on her? I've been working on a series of comics featuring her that have turned out pretty good so far, but what if others didn't like them? I keep thinking about how emotionally devastated I would be if a character I've poured my heart and soul into received sudden hatred. :cry: Tell me, what should I do if I ever get negative comments? :|

My Twitter page
My DeviantArt page

PostPosted: Sunday, May 14th, 2017 - 18:11:33 
Animaniac

Favorite Character(s): Fifi La Fume and Rita
LittleLooney wrote:
I keep thinking about how emotionally devastated I would be if a character I've poured my heart and soul into received sudden hatred.

You have to be confident.

"Confidence is contagious. So is lack of confidence."

- Vince Lombardi

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

PostPosted: Sunday, May 14th, 2017 - 18:12:48 
Musical Score

Favorite Character(s): Babs, Dot, Fifi, Gogo
At the end of the day, anything anyone else says is their own opinion. You're free to do whatever you want with your own character, and whether you take anyone else's opinion to heart is your own choice. Anything anyone creates of any sort is going to be subject to review or criticism from others, so it's just a risk you're going to run. All you can do is keep doing what you love and do it your own way. ;)

PostPosted: Sunday, May 14th, 2017 - 19:15:40 
Toon

Favorite Character(s): Babs, Plucky
I agree. You shouldn't care what they think of your OC, and make her how you want. If it's constructive criticism, you should listen to a them, but if it's just mindless bashing, just ignore them.

PostPosted: Monday, May 15th, 2017 - 10:53:05 
Musical Score

Thank you, guys. :) For context, I saw a YouTube video yesterday on the subject that got me questioning whether anyone likes my own work. Thinking about those kind of things always puts me down in the dumps. I apologize if seemed depressed yesterday. :(

My Twitter page
My DeviantArt page

PostPosted: Monday, May 15th, 2017 - 14:31:57 
Toon

You're welcome! Always happy to help. Also, what was the video that got you questioning if people liked your work called?

PostPosted: Monday, May 15th, 2017 - 19:57:13 
Musical Score

This video from Magpiepony appeared on my recommended list and I decided to watch it out of morbid curiosity. This was recorded about a month ago and she talks about a guy who pretended to be her that posted tons of harsh comments towards people's work on the Discord app (no relation to the MLP character). I don't use it, but it made think that very easily could have been me in that line of fire.

My Twitter page
My DeviantArt page

PostPosted: Tuesday, May 16th, 2017 - 05:37:08 
Toon

You know what they say, "Curiosity killed the cat." Had you not clicked on it, you made have not had this bought or depression, even though we helped you get out of it. If you ever have to deal with a troll or cyber bully, I'll be there for you.

PostPosted: Thursday, May 18th, 2017 - 16:03:56 
Storyboard

Favorite Character(s): Pinky and the Brain
What if they don't like it? What if they say ''Get out of here, kid! You've got no future.'' You mean you just don't think you can take that kind of reaction?
Seriously, if you think your fan work is good to be published online, go for it. One doesn't get anywhere without a little confidence.

PostPosted: Thursday, May 18th, 2017 - 16:07:50 
Animaniac

Favorite Character(s): Fifi La Fume and Rita
Sometimes negative comments can be helpful. They help you learn where you went wrong and learn from your mistakes.

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

PostPosted: Thursday, May 18th, 2017 - 18:18:27 
Toon

I agree. Instead of bashing the "haters", you should actually listen to what they have say, and strive to improve. If someone every criticizes my work, that's what I'm going to do.

PostPosted: Monday, May 22nd, 2017 - 02:30:18 
Animaniac

Favorite Character(s): Plucky,Hamton,SweetieDizzy etc
LittleLooney wrote:
A few of you know of my OC pony Moonbeam whom I created a while ago and how very proud I am of her. But I've been thinking what if I received negative feedback on her? I've been working on a series of comics featuring her that have turned out pretty good so far, but what if others didn't like them? I keep thinking about how emotionally devastated I would be if a character I've poured my heart and soul into received sudden hatred. :cry: Tell me, what should I do if I ever get negative comments? :|

Pay them no mind. I've been drawing comics since I was in the fifth grade. My drawing skills have been mostly self taught and it took me a while to get good at my little hobby. So I had to deal with a lot of peers' not so constructive criticisms over the years. :roll: I always just shrugged them off because I was having fun drawing, plus it was a great way to pass the time when there wasn't anything else to do for the rest of class. Just tell yourself this, "they're jealous because all they could ever draw are stick figures!" :twisted:

ImageImage

PostPosted: Monday, May 22nd, 2017 - 06:38:31 
Toon

I agree. No matter what they say, you should keep at it as long as it makes you happy. Despite that, you shouldn't dismiss all critics as lowly peasants who just aren't open minded enough to see difference. Sometimes, they'll have some good constructive criticism, and you should take their advice and try to get better.

PostPosted: Monday, May 22nd, 2017 - 11:49:15 
Musical Score

Don't worry, I appreciate all good constructive criticism that comes my way because it helps me learn how to fix any future mistakes. Like when you, Yakkofan4!, pointed out the similarity the last comic had with an existing episode. It's really just the mindless pony bashing that I don't like. I absolutely hate it when people get all up in arms just because some people enjoy My Little Pony.

Injun-Joe wrote:
Pay them no mind. I've been drawing comics since I was in the fifth grade. My drawing skills have been mostly self taught and it took me a while to get good at my little hobby. So I had to deal with a lot of peers' not so constructive criticisms over the years. :roll: I always just shrugged them off because I was having fun drawing, plus it was a great way to pass the time when there wasn't anything else to do for the rest of class. Just tell yourself this, "they're jealous because all they could ever draw are stick figures!" :twisted:

I'd be interested in seeing some of them. :)

My Twitter page
My DeviantArt page

PostPosted: Monday, May 22nd, 2017 - 12:36:31 
Animaniac

Favorite Character(s): Plucky,Hamton,SweetieDizzy etc
LittleLooney wrote:
Don't worry, I appreciate all good constructive criticism that comes my way because it helps me learn how to fix any future mistakes. Like when you, Yakkofan4!, pointed out the similarity the last comic had with an existing episode. It's really just the mindless pony bashing that I don't like. I absolutely hate it when people get all up in arms just because some people enjoy My Little Pony.

Injun-Joe wrote:

I'd be interested in seeing some of them. :)

Sadly, I don't currently possess the technological means to upload drawings to the internet. Perhaps sometime in the near future I will. And then you can all cringe in horror at my amateur escapades. :lol:

ImageImage