Acme Acres

Welcome Toonsters, to Acme Acres! Your place for all things Tiny Toon Adventures!
It is currently Wednesday, August 16th, 2017 - 09:01:46

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tuesday, May 02nd, 2017 - 01:01:27 
Idea

Favorite Character(s): Slappy and Rita
Hey.

I'll be honest with you. I've been looking for people that like this show mainly for help. I'm a digital art hobbyist and I've been kind of rewatching Animaniacs lately for nostalgia sake, and I'm appreciating it a lot tbh.

The thing is that this kind of inspired me of extending some content as fan-comic material, and later even as animation if life allows me to. I started with Slappy Squirrel because it's my favorite of the mini shows and I feel it had so much more to offer, but the problem is that I'm not a comedian or a writter at all so I just started getting into all that kind of stuff now, but it would be very nice if more people that know Slappy and Skippy very well and the show itself could help me with the creative process.

This is not a job thing, I have no money to offer, it's all a creative hobby thing for now. So if you think you got nice ideas to expand that show a little, you got an "artist" here that can help you make it a bit of an actual thing, but I need help too to achieve that.

As I said, I'm a hobbyist so my art is not great yet but I think it might be decent enough for this kind of stuff. Here is an example of what I did last weekend

This is not a definitive thing, I might get rid of it and start another Page 1 if necessary, but you know, I just had to start from somewhere. This would be the beginning of an episode, as seen in the pic, just the first page.
The new setting would be the main characters moving to the city because of some economic struggle, which would trigger a lot of new ideas for these characters that have been always living in the country side in the show (kinda, but you get my point), and also the introduction of new characters and plots and more. I'm also thinking of eventually adding some of other Animaniacs characters into this comic too.
But it doesnt have to be like that. I'm still open for ideas, and if you want to help me and I like yours I will then send this to oblivion and work with yours (only if you allow me, of course).

Take this like a group hobby work. I'm looking for people to work with, just for fun, and see what we can do. I imagine it would be great and would also help me get better as an artist. I have Discord and Skype in case someone wants to join me and talk about it. If you're any interested just tell me.

If this is not the best place to ask for this kind of help, then I'd be nice if you knew another site with more animaniacs fans population, but I this is the most active place I've found so far so idk.

thanks

PostPosted: Tuesday, May 02nd, 2017 - 06:06:03 
Tiny Toon

Favorite Character(s): Babs, Plucky
That's a pretty good idea! It'd be a great opportunity to add some satire of city life to Animaniacs. I think that after staying there for a while, Slappy will get annoyed with how hectic life in the city is, and go back to the country.

PostPosted: Wednesday, June 14th, 2017 - 06:49:45 
Layout

Favorite Character(s): Hamton Fifi Plucky Shirley
I can help out with writing if you want. I've been working on fanfics for 2 years now. :)