Acme Acres

Welcome Toonsters, to Acme Acres! Your place for all things Tiny Toon Adventures!
It is currently Monday, June 26th, 2017 - 21:41:55

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 63 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Wednesday, April 19th, 2017 - 13:59:06 
Toon

Favorite Character(s): Babs, Plucky
Actually, WB released the complete series a few years ago, but it's online exclusive. If you want to get it, just go to Amazon or WB.com.

PostPosted: Wednesday, April 19th, 2017 - 15:20:53 
Animaniac

Favorite Character(s): Fifi La Fume and Rita
That's all I can do, right?

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

PostPosted: Wednesday, April 19th, 2017 - 15:27:26 
Toon

Now that I've double checked, it can be found at most stores, but is still online exclusive, due to being part of the WB Archive series.

PostPosted: Wednesday, April 19th, 2017 - 16:13:08 
Layout

Favorite Character(s): Buster Bunny, Plucky Duck
Yakkofan4! wrote:
That's a shocker! Loopy's so obscure, that barely anyone knows about him. I saw all of his cartoons, and they were okay. While the gags could be good, the formula wore thin and Loopy's 2 minute explanation about being a "good wolf" in most episodes was unnecessary later on.

I still like them...another obscure H-B cartoon I like is Ruff and Reddy...H-B's first cartoon out of Tom and Jerry...

ImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

PostPosted: Wednesday, April 19th, 2017 - 17:24:11 
Toon

I only saw a few episodes, but it was good from what I saw. It may not have been as funny as Yogi Bear and Huckleberry Hound, but it had its own charm. If only WB could give it a DVD release.

PostPosted: Monday, May 01st, 2017 - 13:53:15 
Layout

Favorite Character(s): Buster Bunny, Plucky Duck
Yakkofan4! wrote:
I only saw a few episodes, but it was good from what I saw. It may not have been as funny as Yogi Bear and Huckleberry Hound, but it had its own charm. If only WB could give it a DVD release.

No questions asked...I hope R&R is a WB Archive release at least...I'm also hoping they release some WB sitcoms as well even if they were on for only a year.

Another H-B character that I enjoy watching is Secret Squirrel...

ImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

PostPosted: Monday, May 01st, 2017 - 14:02:14 
Toon

I thought that was a good show. It was a funny send up of the spy genre, and it's always a treat to hear Mel Blanc's voice. Also, they remade this show in 1993 for 2 Stupid Dogs, which turned out quite well.

PostPosted: Monday, May 01st, 2017 - 14:50:05 
Inked Cell

Favorite Character(s): Mary Melody
Yes, but again, sadly, without the Yellow Pinky.

Still, they added quite a large batch of new villains. Quark was a good one, he could destroy anything despite being one subatomic particle.

My FFN page: https://www.fanfiction.net/~thejamakanumbuhi
My FiM Fiction page: http://www.fimfiction.net/user/i_am_the_jam
My DeviantarArt page: http://iamthejam.deviantart.com/

PostPosted: Monday, May 01st, 2017 - 15:26:11 
Toon

I agree. Even though they got rid of all the old villains, the new ones were pretty good. Sadly, when the Powerpuff Girls reboot tried the same thing, they failed miserably.

PostPosted: Wednesday, May 03rd, 2017 - 12:21:56 
Toon

Favorite Character(s): Babs and Fifi
Yakkofan4! wrote:
Actually, WB released the complete series a few years ago, but it's online exclusive. If you want to get it, just go to Amazon or WB.com.

I got the dvd last Christmas , my favs are Scooby doo, Flintstones. Jetson, Top Cat , It the wolf with Lamsy and Mildrew before he did the Laff-A-Lympics commentary . Yogi Bear , Inch eye Private eye, Funky Phantom, Josie and the Pussycats, Huckleberry Hound, Touché Turtle and Dum Dum , Quick Drew , Wacky Races , Stop the Pigeon , Perils of Penelope Pitstop, Yogi treasure hunt, 2 Stupid Dogs, Dexter lab , Johnny Bravo , Powerpuff Girls, The 90's addams family cartoon ,secret Squirrel , Richie Rich

PostPosted: Wednesday, May 03rd, 2017 - 12:37:30 
Toon

Those are a lot of shows. So far, I don't have many Hanna Barbara shows on DVD, but I will get some this summer. Also, Stop That Pigeon is actually called Dastardly and Muttly in their Flying Machines. This misconception was parodied in Yogi's Treasure hunt, with this exchange. "Snooper: Not another one of those Stop That Pigeon type cartoons! Blabber: Our brains will turn to mush!"

PostPosted: Wednesday, May 03rd, 2017 - 13:36:23 
Toon

Favorite Character(s): Babs and Fifi
As I mention I am big cartoon fan of a lot of cartoons , I think people mistake it because of it , I have seen yogi treasure hunt in ages would love to have it on dvd

PostPosted: Wednesday, May 03rd, 2017 - 14:17:04 
Toon

Glad to know you have a wide variety of tastes. If you only watch a certain kind of show, it'll get boring quickly. Also, I agree that Yogi's treasure Hunt was a great show, and I really hope it becomes a part of the Hanna Barbera Classic collection.

PostPosted: Wednesday, May 03rd, 2017 - 14:27:47 
Comedy Beat

Favorite Character(s): Little Beeper
Yakkofan4! wrote:
Those are a lot of shows. So far, I don't have many Hanna Barbara shows on DVD, but I will get some this summer. Also, Stop That Pigeon is actually called Dastardly and Muttly in their Flying Machines. This misconception was parodied in Yogi's Treasure hunt, with this exchange. "Snooper: Not another one of those Stop That Pigeon type cartoons! Blabber: Our brains will turn to mush!"

Yes i agree with you. This was in the episode "Yogi's Heroes" from Yogi's Treasure hunt. I began also to watch this show and i love it.

ImageImageImage

ImageOooh! Little Beeper, my hero !Image

PostPosted: Wednesday, May 03rd, 2017 - 14:45:50 
Inked Cell

Favorite Character(s): Mary Melody
Yakkofan4! wrote:

I can't imagine ANYONE liking "Dastardly and Muttly in their Flying Machines", if even Hanna and Barbera themselves more or less admitted that it was one of their worst shows on record. The few times I saw that show in Mexico City, I always hoped that one day they would catch that stupid pigeon.

One thing about it that I always found strange is that the General sometimes managed to call Dick even when he was flying, and so there was this telephone which wasn't connected to ANYTHING.

Of course, as a 5 year old, I had never heard of the concept of "radio-telephones" which had barely been invented in 1973 (saw the show ~1978), so I had no idea how the General could call ANYONE on a phone that wasn't connected to a land line.

--------------

I loved "Yogi's Treasure Hunt" as well, and given its great ratings, I was rather surprised when the show suddenly stopped in 1988. A few months after the final episode, I found out that it was because of Daws Butler's sudden death.

My FFN page: https://www.fanfiction.net/~thejamakanumbuhi
My FiM Fiction page: http://www.fimfiction.net/user/i_am_the_jam
My DeviantarArt page: http://iamthejam.deviantart.com/

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 63 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next