Acme Acres

Welcome Toonsters, to Acme Acres! Your place for all things Tiny Toon Adventures!
It is currently Friday, August 18th, 2017 - 23:37:23

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 177 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12  Next
PostPosted: Thursday, April 13th, 2017 - 10:52:14 
Toon

Favorite Character(s): Babs and Fifi
They have mentioned the orginal my little pony I think

Angry Dad - One of the funniest one Stan Lee cameo is pricless and talking with the comic book guy

PostPosted: Thursday, April 13th, 2017 - 12:40:53 
Tiny Toon

Favorite Character(s): Babs, Plucky
Never saw it, since I haven't gotten around to season 13 yet. I do remember reading some of Bart's Angry Dad comics in the Bongo comics, and they were hilarious.

PostPosted: Friday, April 14th, 2017 - 10:18:05 
Animaniac

Favorite Character(s): Fifi La Fume and Rita
Marge Be Not Proud

It's quite heart-breaking to see Marge the way she was in this episode. It's not really a mad or disappointed look. It's more like a blank, stunned look.

Bart has always had a rebellious reputation, but stealing?! Real men don't steal!

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

PostPosted: Friday, April 14th, 2017 - 11:43:21 
Tiny Toon

That was a good one! Along with some hilarious gags, it's one of the most emotional episodes of Simpsons ever. The most poignant part is Marge’s reaction when she finally gets the news. It’s not one of anger, but of silent disappointment and shattered innocence. It drastically changes her behavior toward Bart, but in a very realistic way. Bart was once annoyed with Marge’s mothering, but now he sorely misses it. It's not every day you get an episode that manages to havd this much emotional weight and still manage to be funny.

PostPosted: Friday, April 14th, 2017 - 12:12:27 
Toon

I like homer punishment ideas no eggnog , no leaving the house and the end was really touching as well when Bart gives the present to Marge

Cape Feare a brilliant parody of Cape Fear (even if you haven't seen the films ) lots of funny gags here , the simpsons being put in the witness protection program , Snake telling Sideshow Bob to use a pen instead of his blood, Bart supecting his family neighbours and teachers expcting to kill him Sideshow Bob saying his tattoo saying it Germany for thee bart theee, and the parole board saying no one who speaks german was evil. Bart someshow putting wide load on homer butt, "urine soaked hellhole," when you could of used: "peepee soaked heckhole." Bob messing up his evil dialogue in the cinema . The Tompsons opening . the family driving through the cactus patch much to the dismay of bob , Bob being stamped by painful by a parade and elephants after saying it not a crime to lay in a middle of a public street after threatening Bart. The classic rake scene, homer scaring bart with his chainsaw and hocky mask a parody of Jason from Friday the 13 , Bart tricking bob in to singing the Gilbert and sullivan H.M.S. Pinafore , Bart saying take him away boys and Wiggum saying bake him away boys

PostPosted: Friday, April 14th, 2017 - 12:35:14 
Tiny Toon

That one was classic! The funniest part was Bart tricking Sideshow Bob into singing H.M.S. Pinafore songs. Even though I never saw the musical, I did recognize the songs from the Bugs Bunny short From Hare to Eternity. Also, this was the last episode written by the original staff, and the last one directed by Wreck it Ralph directer Rich Moore.

PostPosted: Saturday, April 15th, 2017 - 07:15:11 
Animaniac

There's No Disgrace Like Home

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

PostPosted: Saturday, April 15th, 2017 - 08:30:31 
Tiny Toon

While the gags are good in this one, this definitely has the hallmarks of an early episode. We have Lisa being a girl version of Bart, Madge getting drunk, and Homer actually caring about his family's reputation, which would be absurd in a modern episode.

PostPosted: Saturday, April 15th, 2017 - 10:04:32 
Toon

I know Matt groening and the staff didn't like this one because of the animaion but I like some enchanted evening , that was my first introduction to the series Ms botz was an intimidating villain

PostPosted: Saturday, April 15th, 2017 - 10:48:37 
Tiny Toon

Never saw that one, although I will when I start my Simpsons marathon. Also, the original version of this episode had so many errors, that if the next episode (Bart the Genius) was as bad, they'd stop plans from making a Simpsons TV series. Fortunately, it only had a few minor errors, so the series got going, and has lasted 28 years.

PostPosted: Saturday, April 15th, 2017 - 11:09:36 
Toon

It was also planned to be the first episode and introduction to the family

PostPosted: Saturday, April 15th, 2017 - 12:04:07 
Tiny Toon

I already knew that. My Simpsons World book gives away all of the episodes' production numbers, which is very helpful. It being the first episode is also the reason why it had is many errors originally and why the character's personality hadn't been fully developed yet. I'm just glad that Bart the Genius turned out better. If it hadn't, we wouldn't even have a Simpsons TV show.

PostPosted: Saturday, April 15th, 2017 - 13:27:26 
Toon

Here a good one Marge vs the Monorail

PostPosted: Saturday, April 15th, 2017 - 13:41:32 
Tiny Toon

Bart Gets an F. Along with great jokes as usual, the scene with Bart breaking down after getting another F is one of the show's most emotional moments. Only Simpsons would subvert the cliche of hard word paying off to show a cold hard truth.

PostPosted: Saturday, April 15th, 2017 - 19:50:16 
Animaniac

An episode where you really feel sorry for Bart. As someone who's been held back, I feel his pain.

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 177 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12  Next