Acme Acres

Welcome Toonsters, to Acme Acres! Your place for all things Tiny Toon Adventures!
It is currently Saturday, April 29th, 2017 - 05:33:53

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Sunday, March 19th, 2017 - 15:05:03 
Animaniac

Favorite Character(s): Fifi La Fume and Rita
Iggy should've known Arnold's not the kind to blab embarrassing secrets. He shouldn't have jumped to conclusions.

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

PostPosted: Sunday, March 19th, 2017 - 15:10:28 
Musical Score

Favorite Character(s): Babs, Plucky
I still don't understand what made Iggy so quick to blame Arnold. Just because he knew of the secret doesn't mean he was the culprit. While I understand him jumping to conclusions, his absolute refusal to forgive Arnold for something he didn't do ticks me off.

PostPosted: Sunday, March 19th, 2017 - 15:54:29 
Pencil Test

Favorite Character(s): Mary Melody
From the anime series "Umi No Toriton" (Marine Triton/Triton of the Sea):

Those jellyfish that ALWAYS blabbed most of Triton's actions to his enemies.

That seahorse who was Poseidon's majordomo, who somehow had the ability to warp. If Triton had killed those three right from the start, he wouldn't have had so much trouble later on.

From Klondike Kat:

Saboir-Faire and his sheepdog sidekick. They ALWAYS got away from Klondike, though sometimes without the loot. Still, there was one episode where Klondike beat both to a pulp, behind closed doors, of course.

Jerry, of Tom & Jerry. Though he got some comeuppance in maybe 2-3 shorts.

The pigeon of "Dick Dastardly and the Flying Machines". I always hated his bugle...

The Road Runner.

Linus Van Pelt, when he stole the girl Charlie Brown was looking for, and conveniently forgot CB's quest to find her, at the end of "Someday You'll Find Her, Charlie Brown". And no, that episode was NOT funny at all, despite Charles Schultz's claims.

That gangster/mafia guy of "The Simpsons".

Any hero/superhero who refuses to kill an enemy "because if I did, I would become just as bad as he/she/it is". (Probably one reason why I loved "Triton". He never balked whenever he had to off any enemy.)

Lynn and Luan Loud, for being chronic abusers of Lincoln.

RJ, from "Over The Hedge". Never liked him in the comic, either.

My FFN page: https://www.fanfiction.net/~thejamakanumbuhi
My FiM Fiction page: http://www.fimfiction.net/user/i_am_the_jam
My DeviantarArt page: http://iamthejam.deviantart.com/

PostPosted: Sunday, March 19th, 2017 - 16:18:19 
Musical Score

I have to disagree with you on Jerry. While he did sometimes go too far, he was usually doing it since Tom stood in the way of getting food. When he did do it out of sadism, he would usually get his comeuppance. I also disagree with you on Luan Loud. While she was a complete psycho in April Fools Rules, she's usually sweet, and she only acts like that on April Fools day. I also hated Linus in Happy New Year, Charlie Brown, when he didn't bother to wake Charlie Brown up, and danced with the little red haired girl anyways.

PostPosted: Wednesday, March 22nd, 2017 - 14:17:26 
Tiny Toon

Favorite Character(s): Plucky,Hamton,SweetieDizzy etc
Vegeta from Dragon Ball Z. Boy what was it with 90's anime and awful "protagonists"? :? Much like Sailor Uranus and Sailor Neptune over on the Sailor Moon show, Vegeta was raising all kinds of moral and ethical questions among the viewers at home... or at least the ones who were paying attention. :roll: Try and follow this, when we first meet Vegeta, he is a devoted servant to the space despot Freeza. His job is to find livable planets, murder any and all of the sentient life forms on said planets, leaving them to be prepared for the colonization of Freeza's people/empire. This is a job that Vegeta took great joy in doing. And it's implied that he'd been doing it for years. After finding out about the wish granting dragon balls of earth, Vegeta decides to go there with his long time companion Nappa in order to wish for immortality for the two of them right under Freeza's nose.

On the way to earth, Vegeta destroys an entire planet and multitudes of innocent people along with it on screen. Just for poops and giggles! :shock: On earth Vegeta oversees the murders of darn near all of the protagonists of the series(including one Yamcha, which reduces his long time/only love interest Bulma to crippled grieving, remember this, it's important later on) Vegeta then gleefully turns on his old friend Nappa and kills him. Long story short, Krillin comes within an eyelash of killing Vegeta at the climax of the story arc, but Goku convinces him to let him go... because Goku is a world class idiot. :roll:

Vegeta flies in his space pod to one of Freeza's space stations and heals up, while there he learns that Freeza has found Namek, the planet where dragon balls originated from, and is there with his elite soldiers trying to find said dragon balls. Even longer story short, within the long and complex series of events that transpire on Namek, Vegeta murders an entire village of loving and peaceful people, even the children! In order to obtain one of the dragons balls, smiling all the while. :o Out numbered and out gunned, Vegeta is eventually forced to join forces with Krillin, Gohan and Goku to fight Freeza's special forces. Another long story short, a young Namekian named Dende uses the dragon balls to wish everyone on Namek who was killed by Freeza and his men to come back to life. He then wishes for all the Namekians and those who tried to help them to be teleported to earth. Leaving Goku and Freeza to have their final showdown. On earth the Namekians realize that the people from one of their villages is completely missing. Vegeta's victims didn't come back since he was no longer working for Freeza when he murdered them. Vegeta boldly announces to the Namekians that he is the reason why the village is gone, and doesn't show the slightest hint of remorse, in fact he comes off as being downright boastful about it.

After everything is wrapped up with Freeza, all of the main protagonists whom had died defending earth from Vegeta and Nappa were wished back.(including Yamcha) Now here's where things get retarded. Vegeta for some reason that is never explained is allowed to live on earth, in fact he starts living at the home/laboratory of Bulma's parents! :shock: Next season of the show, we find out that Bulma broke up with Yamcha at some point off screen and is now with Vegeta!!! :evil: And then she even has a child with him! Our you kidding me with this BS?! Yeah, that's right folks, Vegeta, the unrepentant mass murderer who's committed genocides that even our worst and most Godless historical despots could only dream of, is allowed to live a comfortable and relatively peaceful existence... by the very people who had front row seats to his atrocities no less! Bulma especially! Vegeta was responsible for the death of Yamcha, which ended up being the most traumatizing thing Bulma had ever gone through up until that point in the series. In the early going of the Namek saga, Vegeta finds and threatens to kill Bulma and Krillin, taking a sick pleasure out of how terrorized they are of him. Later on, Bulma was so affected by the encounter that she had a vivid nightmare of Vegeta coming to murder her, laughing maniacally as he approaches. THEY DEPICT THIS WOMAN GETTING INTO A RELATIONSHIP WITH THAT PIECE OF CRAP AND HAVING A KID WITH HIM!!! :evil:

Oh and if you think that this marked the end of Vegeta's shenanigans, guess again! He's never around for Bulma or his son Trunks, always up in outer space or some crap. When a teenaged version of Trunks arrives from the future to help stop a looming threat to the earth, Vegeta treats him like dung. Looking down on him as an unworthy half breed and *bleep, even though it was HE who decided to procreate with a non-saiyan and also never marry her. :evil: Also, Vegeta murders more innocent people later on. When he's trying to fight Android 18 on a freeway, he kills several pedestrians, blowing up and wrecking their vehicles. Go back and watch that scene, the only thing Android 18 does is she keeps flying away from Vegeta, everyone who dies in that scene is his doing. And like always he doesn't give a darn that he killed a bunch of innocent people. It's so frustrating that none of the other characters in the show seem to be capable of remembering his various evil deeds.(just like back on Sailor Moon where they never called out Uranus and Neptune for any of their crap) You'd think that Yamcha at least would show a little more emotion over what's been happening, considering how affected he was by all of this, loosing the only girlfriend he'd ever had to that piece of garbage, but nope. :?

I guess what I'm trying to say is I don't like Vegeta, at all, and the creator of the series was on some serious drugs. Plus the character of Bulma was ruined forever because of this. I don't know, what do you think of all of this? :|

ImageImage

Last edited by Injun-Joe on Wednesday, March 22nd, 2017 - 17:07:51, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Wednesday, March 22nd, 2017 - 14:41:44 
Musical Score

Rancid Rabbit from Catdog. He was basically Mr Bighead from Rocko's Modern Life, but without any charm. His worst moment was in "Catdog Food" when he took away Catdog's 7 minutes of fame by creating his own commercial bad-mouthing Catdog food, and pushing Hamster-Gerbil food instead. When I was watching that ending, I was too ticked off for words.

PostPosted: Wednesday, March 22nd, 2017 - 14:43:13 
Animaniac

Winslow could be irritating at times too.

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

PostPosted: Wednesday, March 22nd, 2017 - 14:45:58 
Musical Score

I agree. He pretty much existed just to troll Catdog. His worst episode would be Hypno Teased, where he tricked Catdog into thinking they were invincible, leading them to get even more injured than usual.

PostPosted: Wednesday, March 22nd, 2017 - 16:35:04 
Pencil Test

Favorite Character(s): Mary Melody
I guess we could include Krillin because he DIDN'T kill Vegetta when he had the chance.

And Goku because "...don't kill him!!! I can't increase my strength if I don't fight people like him!!!" or something of the sort. It's been a while since I saw that episode.

------

Dennis Mitchell. Stupid kid doesn't know how to knock. And he was even MORE annoying in the cartoon.

George Wilson. You'd THINK that the old man would know how to lock his doors and windows to prevent that brat from getting in his house, or calling Family Services to report parental negligence on the Mitchells.

-------

Forsythe "Jughead" Jones. He likes stealing food from others, not just Archie, and hardly ever gets called up from that.

-------

Ernie, of Ernie & Bert. Watching him as a kid, he always made me mad. And maybe Bert because he never thought of moving out of that apartment.

My FFN page: https://www.fanfiction.net/~thejamakanumbuhi
My FiM Fiction page: http://www.fimfiction.net/user/i_am_the_jam
My DeviantarArt page: http://iamthejam.deviantart.com/

PostPosted: Wednesday, March 22nd, 2017 - 16:35:56 
Musical Score

Favorite Character(s): Babs and Fifi
I viewed Vegeta as the anime equivalent of Magneto from the X-Men someone who did a lot of terrible stuff but they have allied with their foes when a worse threat comes have you heard of the troop even evil has standards (however Injun-Joe brings up some very good points some I never considered when I was watching it)

PostPosted: Wednesday, March 22nd, 2017 - 18:13:54 
Musical Score

I have. That trope is when something crosses the line so much that even the villain finds it too much. I think it's a good way to show that even villains can still know morality and helps develop them more.

PostPosted: Wednesday, March 22nd, 2017 - 20:28:37 
Animaniac

Herbert from Family Guy.

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

PostPosted: Wednesday, March 22nd, 2017 - 23:52:09 
Tiny Toon

Favorite Character(s): Plucky,Hamton,SweetieDizzy etc
TinytoonCrazy wrote:
I viewed Vegeta as the anime equivalent of Magneto from the X-Men someone who did a lot of terrible stuff but they have allied with their foes when a worse threat comes have you heard of the troop even evil has standards (however Injun-Joe brings up some very good points some I never considered when I was watching it)

That stuff always bothered me, even back then. The only reason I have such renewed memories about this stuff is because of the Team Four Star abridged series. They're usually very good at filling in the plot holes of DBZ, but not even they could make the Vegeta and Bulma stuff make sense.

You know what's funny? Even the original Japanese voice cast from way back in the day were baffled by Bulma ending up with Vegeta instead of Yamcha. Vegeta's voice actor himself stated that he felt it went completely against both characters. Series creator Akira Toriyama is infamous for forgetting characters,(like Launch for instance) plot points and details, as well as making knee jerk decisions about the narrative of on going stories, giving very little thought to whether it fits or not. I suppose that this was simply another such case of that.

Also, Mr. Magic, sorry about the use of that b word. :oops: I wasn't sure whether or not it could be used, regardless of the intended context. Now that I know that it's considered to be beyond the boundaries, I'm never going to use it again on here. ;)

ImageImage

PostPosted: Thursday, March 23rd, 2017 - 07:11:25 
Musical Score

Post-death Brian from Family Guy. I haven't seen most of the modern episodes of the show, but him knowingly giving Stewie herpes without any remorse just made him irredeemable.

PostPosted: Thursday, March 23rd, 2017 - 14:11:08 
Animaniac

The Driver's Ed instructor from the Rocko's Modern Life episode "Skid Marks". The one that shouted "Silence!" at the top of his lungs.

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next