Acme Acres

Welcome Toonsters, to Acme Acres! Your place for all things Tiny Toon Adventures!
It is currently Tuesday, April 25th, 2017 - 14:30:17

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Daddy and Me
PostPosted: Thursday, January 05th, 2017 - 08:41:47 
Animaniac

Favorite Character(s): Fifi La Fume and Rita
This is sort of a PB&J Otter spin-off story. Sort of. It's about my fanfic character Nemo Raccoon's little cousin and her family.

Nemo's cousin Jamie was looking forward to spending the day with her parents, but her mom has to work, so now Jamie has to spend the day with her dad, who is not exactly Mr. Dependable.

I think you'll like it.

Daddy and Me

The story begins on a warm early morning in a neighborhood in Raccoon City. The sun is rising,
the traffic is light and the birds are singing. It's the beginning of a brand new day. We now turn
our attention on a house, which the family members Wendy, Rob and little Jamie Raccoon live in.
Let's take a peek inside, shall we? In an upstairs bedroom, we see Rob and Wendy sleeping com
fortably in their own bed. Meanwhile, in Jamie's room, Jamie is still sleeping comfortably in her bed with
her Simba plush doll. It's almost 6:50 A.M. Soon it will be time to get up and get the day started. A lot of
fun and excitement await this family of raccoons. That is, until the call comes. We hear the phone
ringing on the nightstand by Wendy and Rob's bed, and the tired mother and wife Wendy Raccoon
picks it up and answers it.

Wendy: Hello?

On the other end of the line is Franklin Cunningham, who is Wendy's boss at Quickheal Pharmacy,
and he delivers Wendy some disapponting news.

Franklin: Wendy, it's me.

Wendy: Hello, Mr. Cunningham, what can I do for you?

Franklin: I realize that today is your day off, but I was wondering if you could come in anyway.
I need you to do inventory, and since there's a sale today, the store will be swamped with
customers, so I'll need you to handle them as well. Please, Wendy, I'm begging you.

Wendy sighs heavily.

Wendy: I don't know, sir. I have a whole day planned with my daughter and husband, and I just don't
think I'll be able to work today. Can you get Jared to cover for me?

Franklin: Jared can't handle all of the customers and other problems alone. He doesn't have nearly
enough pharmacy experience as you do. What do you say? I'll even pay you double.

Wendy: Okay, I'll see you soon. Bye.

Wendy hangs up the phone, moans and gives herself a facepalm. Rob notices the very disappointed
look on her face.

Rob: Bad news, dear?

Wendy: Yeah, I have to go to work today. Against my will.

Rob: You could've just said no.

Wendy: I know, but what can I do? We need the money, Rob.

Rob tries to comfort his wife by patting her on the shoulder and kissing her on the cheek.

Wendy: What am I gonna do, honey? If I tell Jamie I have to work today, it's gonna break her heart.

Rob: We have a mature little girl, honey. I'm sure she'll understand.

In comes Jamie, a beautiful golden-furred 3 year-old girl with brown spots over her eyes, a green-striped dress that contains vertical and horizontal stripes on it, long brown hair, green sandels to match her dress, a locket around her neck, hoop-shaped earrings attached to her ears, and the cutest smile you've would've ever seen in your life. She says good morning to her parents, climbs on her their bed and then jumps on it.

Jamie: Oh boy, I can't wait! It's gonna be a great day! First we're going to the amusement park...

Wendy tries to get her daughter's attention...

Wendy: Uh, Jamie...

But it was no use. Jamie was too excited to listen.

Jamie: And then the movies...

Rob attempted too...

Rob: Sweetie...

But he failed too.

Jamie: And finally, the toy store!

Jamie said as she did a front filp on the bed. Her parents finally got her attention.

Rob and Wendy: Jamie!

Jamie: Yeah?

Wendy: Come sit between me and daddy, honey.

Jamie sat between her mother and father, and Wendy broke the disappointing news to her.

Wendy: Do you remember my boss Mr. Cunningham?

Jamie: Uh-huh.

Wendy: Well, I'm afraid I have some bad news, pumpkin.

Jamie: Oh no, is he alright?

Wendy chuckled to her daughter's question and resumed what she wanted to say.

Wendy: Yes, Jamie, Mr. Cunningham is fine, but what I wanted to tell you was...

She looked at Jamie's face for a moment, and knew that she didn't have the heart to tell her. Instead,
she allowed Rob to do it.

Wendy: Rob, you tell her. I can't do it.

Rob put his arm around Jamie's shoulder and tried to explain the best way he could.

Rob: Jamie, I'm afraid that mommy has to work today.

This hurt Jamie a little bit. Her state of happiness just went to being sadness.

Jamie: Oh.

Wendy: I'm terribly sorry, hon, but I'm needed down there. I really don't want to go, but I have no choice. You're not mad, are you?

Jamie: No. I'm too sad to be mad.

Jamie gets off her parents' bed and goes to her room to be alone with her sadness.

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

Post subject: Re: Daddy and Me
PostPosted: Saturday, January 21st, 2017 - 18:03:28 
Animaniac

Favorite Character(s): Fifi La Fume and Rita
Chapter 2

Wendy: I'll go talk to her.

Rob: Want me to come with you?

Wendy: No, this is something I have to do myself.

Rob: Okay, call me if you need me.

Wendy: I will.

Wendy walks into Jamie's bedroom, which has pink wallpaper on the walls with a couple of Hello Kitty posters on them, stuffed animals on one corner of the bedroom with a few Hello Kitty dolls, pink carpeting, a tea party set, Hello Kitty curtains, clothes all over the floor, and a Hello Kitty bed set. It's the ideal bedroom for a little girl. And on the bed, we find Jamie lying on the side of her body, not facing her mom, still feeling sad. Wendy sits on the side of the bed, trying to explain the situation to her.

Wendy: Jamie, are you okay?

Jamie shakes her head "no" and Wendy pets her gently on the arm.

Wendy: Honey, I know you're feeling down, but your daddy and I really need the money. As hard a worker your father is, he can't work alone just to earn some money. He's gonna need help. To help pay the bills and to buy you stuff.

Jamie and Wendy both laugh.

Wendy: Do you understand what I'm telling you?

Jamie: A little.

Wendy: Okay, how about this: The next time your father and I both don't have to work, we'll go do all those things that we had planned on doing. No interruptions, just one whole day of fun. Sounds like a good plan?

Jamie sat up and felt a little good about the plan.

Jamie: Promise?

Wendy: I promise.

They both hug and smile.

Wendy: Now, it's time for your morning bath, so go get ready for it, and I be with you in a bit.

Jamie: Okay, mommy.

Jamie was on her way to the bathroom, but Wendy interrupts her for a moment.

Wendy: And after your bath, I'll go downstairs and fix your breakfast.

Jamie: Okay.

Jamie said as she resumed to the bathroom. Wendy went back to her and Rob's room. Rob was anxious to know how the talk went.

Rob: So, how'd it go?

Wendy: It actually went fine. She took it very well.

This pleased Rob.

Rob: That's my girl! Good job, honey.

Wendy: (chuckles) Thanks, Robbie. I'm going to give Jamie a bath.

Rob: Okay, darling.

They both kiss and Wendy went to the bathroom. After Jamie's bath was over, Wendy dried her off with a towel, put her in her dress and blowdried her damp hair with a blowdryer. They both went downstairs for breakfast in the kitchen, and Wendy put Jamie in her booster seat at the table. Jamie still needs one at her age. Wendy poured Jamie a bowl of Hello Kitty-themed cereal, poured the milk in and poured a medium glass of orange juice.

Wendy: Enjoy, honey.

Wendy said as she kissed her daughter on the head. Several moments later, while Jamie was enjoying her breakfast, Rob came downstairs to the kitchen, said good morning to his two favorite ladies and kissed his
little one on her furry cheek. Rob was about to go outside and get the morning paper, but then Jamie called for him.

Jamie: Daddy, where you going?

Rob: I'll be with you in a moment, precious, I'm just going to get the paper.

Rob said as he exited the house. Wendy had prepared her husband's breakfast, which were a couple of blueberry pancakes and a cup of coffee. She had wiped her daughter's face, which had food covered on it.

Wendy: (giggles) Oh, Jamie...

A few moments later, Rob comes back in with the paper. He saw his breakfast and Jamie's, but he noticed that Wendy doesn't have hers.

Rob: Wendy, aren't you going to eat anything?

Wendy: I'm just gonna have a cup of coffee. I have to be ready for work in half an hour.

Jamie: Ya have to eat something, mommy. Like you always tell me: Breakfast is the most important meal of the day.

Wendy and Rob both laugh.

Wendy: What a clever girl we have. Okay, I'll have a couple pieces of toast.

After breakfast, Wendy took a shower and got dressed for work. She put on some blue jeans, socks, shoes, a lavender shirt and a lab coat (being that she works at a pharnacy). After she got dressed, Wendy pondered about something: Who's going to watch Jamie while she's away? She opened the drawer from the nightstand in her bedroom, pulled out an address book, looking for her mother's number, picked up the phone and was about to call her until Rob came in.

Rob: What are you doing?

Wendy: Calling mom.

Rob: What for?

Wendy: Something has to watch Jamie, Rob, and you can't do it by yourself.

Rob: Of course I can! I'm resonsible enough!

Wendy challenged Rob.

Wendy: Remember what happened last time I asked you to watch Jamie? We went camping, I had to get something out the car, and I said "Robbie, would you watch Jamie for a sec, I have to get the trail map out of the car." and you assured me that she would be safe. And what happened next, Rob? What. Happened. Next?

Rob: I turned my back for a few seconds and she climbed a tree.

Wendy: A few seconds?! Rob, you and your drunk friends were peeing in a lake!! Why did I let you have beer? I should've known better!

Rob: I stopped having beer, didn't I? For our daughter's sake.

Wendy: I should just call mom. There's no telling what will happen.

Rob: Honey, nothing bad will happen, I promise.

Wendy thought about it for a few moments.

Wendy: Alright, I'll give you another chance, but I don't wanna hear anything similar to what happened last time.

Rob: You won't. Nothing like that could happen in the comfort of our home.

Wendy: I guess you're right.

It was 10:00 A.M. and It was finally time for Wendy to leave. She, Jamie and Rob were on the front porch and she said goodbye to her daughter.

Wendy: I want you to be a good girl for daddy, okay?

Jamie: I will, mommy. I'm gonna miss you.

Wendy: Me too.

They both hugged.

Wendy: I love you so much.

Jamie: I love you too.

Wendy: Okay, Rob, here's my cell phone number in case something goes wrong.

Rob: Thanks.

Wendy kissed her daughter on the forehead and her husband on the lips. She said and waved goodbye and so did her daughter and husband, who was holding Jamie. She unlocked the door to her silver Ford Explorer, went inside, put on some sunglasses, closed the door, and started the car. Before taking off, she waved goodbye once more, and Jamie and Rob did the same. Once Wendy left, Rob and Jamie went back inside and the father/husband shut the door.

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage