Acme Acres

Welcome Toonsters, to Acme Acres! Your place for all things Tiny Toon Adventures!
It is currently Wednesday, May 24th, 2017 - 11:38:33

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Saturday, October 01st, 2016 - 17:58:21 
Animaniac

Favorite Character(s): Fifi La Fume and Rita
I want to experiment a bit with a Dummi Bear and Susie Carmichael's father Randy.

It's not going to be story where you see one chapter after another. It will be done essay style.

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

PostPosted: Sunday, October 02nd, 2016 - 11:31:00 
Layout

Favorite Character(s): Hamton Fifi Plucky Shirley
I like the sound of that. I say you give it a shot! :)

PostPosted: Thursday, October 06th, 2016 - 11:08:50 
Toon

Favorite Character(s): Babs and Fifi
Sounds different and interesting

PostPosted: Thursday, October 06th, 2016 - 16:21:55 
Animaniac

Thanks, y'all. I'll get started as soon as I can.

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

PostPosted: Tuesday, October 11th, 2016 - 20:21:57 
Animaniac

The story has started, but it's pretty depressing so far.

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

PostPosted: Thursday, October 13th, 2016 - 14:00:40 
Animaniac

It was very late in the evening and the sky was full of dark clouds. Meanwhile, inside the bar, blues music could be heard from the jukebox and customers were laughing, talking, drinking, smoking and shooting pool. Randy Carmichael on the other hand was drinking a bottle of Jack Daniels from the bar. He was feeling really down about his Dummi Bear episode ideas being rejected time and time again. The bartender, who was cleaning a glass, looked at this poor soul with concern. "What's wrong, Randy? I've never seen ya like this before." "Oh, it's my job, Neil. My idea got turned down again. I don't know what to do. I'm in danger of losing my job. And if that happens, how will I provide for my growing family?!" He said with anxiety. Neil tried to help. "Well, there's just three things ya have to do." "What?" "First of all, take a deep breath." He did. "Good. Second, no beer. It does more harm than good." He said as he took the beer bottle away from Randy. "Neil, how can you encourage your customers not to drink beer?" "We bartenders need to draw the line sometime. Finally: Go home and get some rest. You'll feel better in the morning. Ya might have a hangover, but you'll eventually feel better. After all, tomorrow's another day." "If you say so. So long, Neil." "Take care, Randy."

Randy exited Neil's bar and walked home. Obviously, he was in no condition to drive. He made it to his house. "How will I ever get out of this slump?" He said. But before he went inside, he threw in a garbage can on his property. The beer was building its way back up. Now he went inside, using the key to open the door. All the lights were off. He went upstairs to each of his kids' rooms to kiss them on the head. After that, he went to his bedroom where his wife was sleeping in the bed. He kissed her on the head as well and she woke up tiredly. "Randy?" she yawned. "You're back." "Yeah, I just had to get out for a little while." "Where have you been? We were so worried!" "Neil's bar." "The bar?! Randy, I know today was a miserable day, but the bar?!" "I just had to get away from my problems." "Running away from them certainly isn't the answer. Talking about them helps, though." Randy sat as wife's bedside. "I don't know why I even bother with this stupid job, Lucy." "Because you want to help make a show that makes kids happy and has characters that are positive influences on them." "When I first did this job, it was for the money." "You mean it wasn't for the love of the show?! That's a very selfish reason to write for the show Randy Carmichael." "I know, Lucy." "You should be ashamed of yourself!" "Look, I'm very tired. We all are. So let's just go to sleep, okay?" "Fine. Remember Randy: Tomorrow's another day." "So I'm told. Goodnight, Lucy."

Later on, Randy was sleeping with his wife. But later, a mysterious figure was throwing a pebble at their bedroom window from outside. This didn't make Randy wake up. Then again, the same figure threw another pebble at the window. This time, it woke Randy up. "Now that time, I definitely heard a noise!" He went to the window and opened to confront the figure. "Alright, you! I don't know who you think you are, but..." Randy was shocked to find out who the figure was. "I must be more wasted than I thought. Why, you're..." It was Jelly Bear of the Dummi Bears! "That's right, Randy! I'm Jelly Bear!" "Well, what do you want?!" "I wanna talk about something important with you!" "Alright, I'll be right down!" A few moments later, he went to the backyard where Jelly was. "Now will you please tell me what's going on?" "I wanna talk to you about your attitude." "My attitude?" "Yes. Do you think it's right to write Dummi Bears episodes strictly for money?" "Well..." "Randy, this world is full of evil. There's more of it and less love and caring. Little kids needs something caring like a Dummi Bear to keep them away from this broken world!" "I suppose you're right." "And how do you think children, especially yours, would feel if they found out Randy Carmichael was only doing the show for financial gain?" "They'd be heartbroken." "You wouldn't want them to think less of you, would you?" "Absolutely not!" "Then write for the right reasons, Randy. You need to put your heart into it." "You're right, Jelly Bear. But what will I tell my boss. All he cares about is money." "Just tell him you're doing the writing for love and caring for the show from now on." "You got it. After all, tomorrow's another day." He said with a smile. "Well, I better go back inside." "Before you go, would you like to sing with us." "'Sing?' 'Us?'" Jelly Bear whistled to call out the rest of the Dummi Bears. Then everyone held hands and sang "Sing a Happy, Happy, Happy, Happy Song" together.

Randy woke up to discover that it was all a dream. But he actually felt happier. No hangover from the beer-drinking. "Ahh, what a beautiful morning!" He said looking out the window. His wife woke up as well. "Randy, are you okay?" "I'm more than okay! Thanks to a friend of mine!" He went to the other side of the bed, grabbed Lucy and kissed her on the lips. She wasn't sure why he was so happy. She was just glad he was.

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage