Acme Acres

Welcome Toonsters, to Acme Acres! Your place for all things Tiny Toon Adventures!
It is currently Thursday, June 22nd, 2017 - 16:14:01

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 96 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
PostPosted: Sunday, August 17th, 2014 - 16:08:44 
Musical Score

Favorite Character(s): Babs Bunny, Dot Warner
I've been reading through the earliest parts of this story over the weekend, I'm up to chapter 7 now.

Yeah, I have a lot of catching up to do. :lol:

My Twitter page
My DeviantArt page

PostPosted: Tuesday, August 19th, 2014 - 09:55:33 
Toon

Favorite Character(s): Babs and Fifi
Injun-Joe wrote:
Very rarely have I ever seen Yakko so miserable. :lol:

well remember he taking care two very young siblings and taken to a libary in a deprive area and on his own with no help from his parents , it be intresting to Slakko make a reappeance in this fic

PostPosted: Wednesday, August 20th, 2014 - 12:18:35 
Toon

hy Bart is still a kid yet Yakko grew up. Although that's probably right up this author's alley with explaining the toon stuff. ...or you take that VH-1 parody episode where Lisa said she was put on anti-growth hormones so she wouldn't grow up literally... ::shakes head:: if the author doesn't do something great post show I just may end up writing my version!

- oh, & did I tell you about the "friends" companion story. the story will tell you where to pick that up

That would be interesting, but it sounds like something TIS would be upset about. ;)

funngly enought that gets coveed n the latest chapter ) I am stll not sure how to hide spoilers4

"She had been told the this thing had happened before , that children had aged out of the role before the studio was ready. It just didnt happen wit a toon since their shows were not as long as a regualr sitcom, the only expection had been the simpson children but both bart and lisa suffered from dwarfism and the makeup and film were skilled at their jobs making it easy to hide what they neeeded to"

There also an intresting bit about Shere Khan proving the aircraft for tale spin and space jam in this universe he still a rughteless bunissman , funnyl enough benedict cumberbatch is playing in a new disney movie

She also covers cutie and the beast in this chapter and yakko reaction to potty mouth breakdown I laught soo hard that it was because of wakko and plucky

PostPosted: Thursday, January 01st, 2015 - 12:05:23 
Musical Score

Favorite Character(s): Babs, Dot, Fifi, Gogo
I started reading it about a week ago and I'm up to Chapter 5. My thoughts so far--it is amazingly well-written and hard to quit reading. I hope to keep reading it whenever I have the time--maybe I can finish before next year. I get the feeling this whole story will be very epic (sorry, I know that word is ridiculously overused but I think I'm using it correctly here, it seems like the best word to describe it). One thing though, it certainly does away with the theory that the Warners came from royal lineage. :|

PostPosted: Thursday, January 29th, 2015 - 15:31:51 
Toon

http://mightymorphinpower4.deviantart.c ... -350823426

new family artwork Dotty is so adorebale here don;t tell I said tht

PostPosted: Monday, March 16th, 2015 - 14:18:45 
Musical Score

Favorite Character(s): Babs, Dot, Fifi, Gogo
I've now read the whole thing, including the side story "Friends". When I first started I never looked ahead and I honestly thought it was completed, but it's still only in mid-1996. Hopefully we'll get a new chapter sometime; does anyone happen to know how long it's been since the last one?

Anyway, since I've now got nothing to spoil I've read through this whole thread as well. I actually very rarely read fan-fiction but I wanted to check this one out since I had heard good things about it. There are a few things I don't like about it but overall I think it's one of the best things I've ever read, and in terms of themes and character development I think they should assign it in English classes, it's that good. :) I also really like the use of the TaleSpin characters in the story.

I don't have a problem with most of the subject matter, even if it is definitely well beyond anything they would have touched on the show. Right from the beginning I could tell this was grittier and more...well, I guess you could say "realistic", as much as you could use that word regarding toons. One of the reasons I really like this fic is that I identify strongly with Yakko and his protective instincts, and that much like him I also have two younger siblings that, fortunately, I've never had to care for like he has, but reading this has made me think about what it would be like if I had to, and I think overall he makes the right decisions, and I'd like to think I could do the same thing if I ever had to. I think out of necessity I'd be a "fight the power" kind of toon, those TIS people are freakin' Nazis! :x

Some of the things I don't entirely like--I kind of didn't like the way they show Skippy as sort of a dork, and getting picked on by the older kids. I never really thought of him like that. But they did kind of hint at him liking Dot, which is something I never thought of, but now every time it comes up I find myself mentally screaming for it to happen, they'd just be so adorable. :D Another thing was the whole fabricated scandal about Porky and Foghorn, that whole thing started to seem like a bit much given what they were saying. :| Then there was the whole deal with Ocho...dear Lord. The reason I didn't entirely hate that scene was we once again saw Yakko and his protective instincts kick in there. I know one thing though, if I was Yakko I wouldn't have punched him--I would have obliterated him. :twisted:

But overall, a very good story that I'd recommend to anyone. Like some of the others I'm real interested to see what they'll do after the show, and also how they went about making Wakko's Wish. And I just have a feeling we haven't seen the last of Slakko. Hopefully we'll get a new chapter soon. :)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 96 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7