Acme Acres

Welcome Toonsters, to Acme Acres! Your place for all things Tiny Toon Adventures!
It is currently Thursday, April 27th, 2017 - 18:39:23

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: The Christmas Gift
PostPosted: Wednesday, July 20th, 2016 - 11:56:43 
Layout

Favorite Character(s): Hamton Fifi Plucky Shirley
What's this? A Christmas story in July? I'll admit I was shocked as well, but after giving this new TTA story a read, I was pleasantly surprised. :)

It's written by Mr Page, who can be found on deviantART under the moniker of Scholar57. It's not completed yet, but new parts are being uploaded regularly.

See what you think!

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/12031289/1 ... stmas-Gift

Post subject: Re: The Christmas Gift
PostPosted: Wednesday, July 20th, 2016 - 14:50:03 
Tiny Toon

Favorite Character(s): Plucky,Hamton,SweetieDizzy etc
ABC Family use to have "Christmas In July" marathons. :lol: What have I got to lose? Sure I'll give it a read.

ImageImage

Post subject: Re: The Christmas Gift
PostPosted: Friday, July 29th, 2016 - 10:46:22 
Layout

Favorite Character(s): Hamton Fifi Plucky Shirley
Okay, I've given it a read myself and I'll give it a few thoughts even though it hasn't finished yet. :lol:

For a start, this is one of the best written TTA fanfics on fanfiction.net in a good while. When I first read it, I thought it had been written by Pepe-K or Leloni Bunny. By that, I mean how descriptive it is. It has some of the most elaborate metaphors I've ever seen. With that said, Mr Page goes into great detail when it comes to describing characters and landmarks. It's most likely that this story is for readers who are new to TTA. But since TTA ended 21 years ago and a majority of the fanfics of today are so terrible that newcomers will only get a very one-dimensional look at the cast, it's good to see that Mr Page understands AND respects the show's canon. 8-)

Since The Christmas Gift is a December yarn (there's a subtle hint in the title :ugeek:) the story can be rather sentimental, but it has the excuse. It's not so sickly sweet that your eyes will get toothache just reading it, but it currently has some very cute scenes. :) It makes me feel all tingly inside. ;) Suffice to say, it's put me in a Christmas mood, even though it's nearly August.

I kind of like the dynamic that Buster, Babs, Plucky, Shirley, Hamton and Fifi have in this story. They're a group of friends in a similar manner to the Chipmunks and the Chippettes. The Sensational Six of TTA, if you may. They have their banter, their compassion, the works. It makes me wish that I could hang out with them.

Overall, it's a smashing story so far and I really recommend it!