Acme Acres

Welcome Toonsters, to Acme Acres! Your place for all things Tiny Toon Adventures!
It is currently Tuesday, April 25th, 2017 - 14:30:24

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sunday, February 07th, 2016 - 14:55:01 
Animaniac

Favorite Character(s): Fifi La Fume and Rita

You're right about that, Love-a-Lot.

Chapter 1: Love is in the Air...but not Everywhere.

High up in the cloud community of Care-a-Lot, everyone was busy getting ready for one of their all-time favorite holidays: Valentine's Day. There was a parade and party coming up, and the Care Bears Family were all pitching in to help. Everyone except Love-a-Lot Bear, who was to busy looking through the telescope.

Love-a-Lot: (Sighs happily.) It's all so beautiful.

She was referring to the beauty of love being displayed on earth. A very young couple were sharing a milk shake at an ice cream shop, A middle-aged couple were cuddling on a bench in the park, and a two lovebirds, one pink and one blue, were tweeting happily on the tree branch. You could tell they were in love.

Love-a-Lot: It does my heart good to see people and animals showing their love. But wait! What's this?

Love-a-Lot saw a lonely boy walking down the sidewalk in the downtown area.

Love-a-Lot: He could sure use some love right now. I better help him right away.

She headed to the Cloud Car, but was stopped by Wish Bear.

Wish Bear: Where are you going, Love-a-Lot Bear? Aren't you going to come help us with the Valentine's Day celebration?

Love-a-Lot: A lonely boy on earth needs my help, Wish Bear. I'll be back soon.

Wish Bear: Okay, I'll tell everyone the situation. Let us know if you need help.

Love-a-Lot: Okay, thanks. Bye!

Wish Bear: Bye!

She went to the Cloud Car and Wish Bear informed the Family the news.

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

PostPosted: Tuesday, February 16th, 2016 - 21:34:48 
Animaniac

Chapter 2: Everybody Needs Somebody

The young man was still walking down the sidewalk, in which, what appeared to be a ritzy part of downtown. He stopped next to a cafe, where loving couples were enjoying their meals and each other outside of the restaurant. He sighed sadly as he moved along.

???: Will love ever happen for me?

Love-a-Lot Bear came in his direction and his aid. She parked the Cloud Car on the sidewal and got out. The mystery young man was surprised at her presence.

???: (Stuttering.) Wh...wh...who are you?

Love-a-Lot: I'm a Care Bear. I care about you.

???: You couldn't. (Sobbing and sniffling.) No one else does.

Love-a-Lot: Of course they do.

She said as she gave him a handkerchief from her magical belly to wipe his tears. It was pink and had a red heart stitched to it.

???: Thanks.

Love-a-Lot: You're very welcome. I'm Love-a-Lot Bear. What's your name?

He continued to sniffle and sob as he gave her a response.

???: Bruce.

Love-a-Lot: That's a great name. I love that name. So, tell me, Bruce. Why're you so sad? Especially when Valentine's Day is drawing near?

He stopped crying and sniffling.

Bruce: Well, there's this girl that I really like at my school named Becky.

Love-a-Lot: I see. What's she like?

Bruce: She's funny, she's pretty, she's rich and she's popular. I'd do anything to have a girl like that in my life.

Love-a-Lot: Why don't you ask her out? Tell her to spend some time with you. You're a nice boy and she should get to know you a little better.

Bruce: I tried to ask her to the Valentine's Day dance, but everytime I did, someone else asked her. Besides, I'm too shy for this sort of thing. If I asked her out, the kids would just laugh at me. I don't really have any friends.

Love-a-Lot: I'll be your friend.

Bruce: You would?!

Love-a-Lot: Of course! And I'm going to start by helping you! I'm going to encourage you to ask Becky out!

Her confidence was overwhelming. She truly believed in Bruce.

Bruce: How, Love-a-Lot?

Love-a-Lot: Let's think for a moment. Where does Becky usually go after school?

Bruce: I hear she usually goes to the mall with her friends.

Love-a-Lot: Great! See? We're off to a fantastic start already!

She gave him some a heart-shaped box of candy and a beautiful bouquet of roses that magically appeared from her belly.

Love-a-Lot: You and I are going to the mall together. You can give these Valentine's Day presents to Becky and ask her to go with you to the dance.

Bruce: She's sure to say "yes" once I give her these!

Love-a-Lot: Let's go!

They got in the Cloud Car, buckled up and took off for the mall.

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

PostPosted: Friday, February 19th, 2016 - 11:34:22 
Animaniac

Chapter 3: Roses are Red, Icees are Blue.

Love-a-Lot and Bruce arrived at the mall's parking lot and Love-a-Lot parked the Cloud Car in an available space.

Love-a-Lot: Here we are.

Bruce: I feel so confident, Love-a-Lot.

Love-a-Lot: That's what I wanna hear, Bruce.

A few moments later they went inside the building. Sure enough, it was packed. Just another busy day. They saw Becky and her 3 friends enjoying pizza at the food court. She was everything Bruce described.

Bruce: Look! There she is with her friends!

Love-a-Lot: You go there and give her the gifts and ask her out.

She noticed the Icee vendor.

Love-a-Lot: Meanwhile, I'm gonna try one of those Icee drinks. They look so good.

Bruce: Okay. Bye, Love-a-Lot Bear.

Love-a-Lot: Bye, Bruce.

They went their separate ways temporarily. Bruce took a deep breath, built up some courage and walked over to Becky's direction. She and her friends were talking when Bruce came over.

Bruce: (Clearing throat and stuttering.) Um...h-h-hi, Becky.

Becky: Hi, uhh...Goose.

Her friends laughed. She obviously knew what his real name was. No reason for her to be so mean, though.

Bruce: (Politely.) That's Bruce.

Becky: Whatever. What do you want?

Before we see him ask her and give her the gifts, we check over to see Love-a-Lot.

Vendor: What can I do for ya, little lady?

Love-a-Lot: One regular blue raspberry Icee, please.

Vendor: Coming right up.

He prepared the Icee. Once it was done, he gave the frosty treat to Love-a-Lot Bear.

Vendor: There ya go.

Love-a-Lot: Thanks.

Vendor: That'll be $1.55, please.

But she didn't have any money on her. How would she pay for the slushie?

Love-a-Lot: Oh, I'm sorry, but I don't...

Even though she didn't have any money, it didn't stop the vendor from caring.

Vendor: Tell ya what: Normally, I wouldn't do this, but since you're so cute and so polite, that Icee is on the house,

Love-a-Lot: Really?! Thanks so much! I'll pay you back, I promise!

Vendor: I trust you will. My name is Carl.

Love-a-Lot: I'm Love-a-Lot Bear.

Carl: You take care, Love-a-Lot.

Love-a-Lot: You too, Carl.

She left the counter with her free treat. She took a sip.

Love-a-Lot: Hey! This is delicious!

Love-a-Lot said as we see her eyes being changed to pink hearts. A typical cartoon character's way of saying they love something. Meanwhile, back at the food court, Bruce still continued to try to ask, but had no luck. Becky and her friends were getting impatient.

Becky: Look, we don't have time for this. Say what you came to say and leave us alone.

Bruce: I wanted to ask you...

He's backing down and sweating.

Becky: Yes?

Love-a-Lot is looking at him from a distance.

Love-a-Lot: (Thinking.) Don't back down, Bruce.

Bruce: I WANTED TO ASK YOU TO THE VALENTINE'S DAY DANCE!!!

He said quickly at the top of his lungs. The girls looked at him with shock. And everyone else at the food court glared at him, but they went back to their normal conversation right away. He gave her the roses and candy.

Bruce: Oh, and to give you these.

Becky: That's it?

Bruce: Yeah. Sooo, will you go with me?

The other girls protested.

Girl #1: Just say no!

Girl #2: Yeah, he's a geek!

Girl #3: Tell him to get lost!

But Becky convinced them that she should go with Bruce.

Becky: Now, girls, he did ask me and gave these nice gifts, so the least I could do is say "yes".

She said with a wink. That couldn't be a good sign. Very suspicious.

Girls: Oh, right.

They giggled fiendishly.

Becky: Sure! Come by my house at 7:00 tomorrow and we can go together.

Bruce: Great! I'll see ya then! Bye!

Becky: Bye!

He went to Love-a-Lot Bear, who just finished her Icee, and the girls laughed meanly behind his back. Was he walking in a trap?

Bruce: Love-a-Lot, I did it!

Love-a-Lot: Yes, you did, Bruce! You were great! I'm very proud of you!

Bruce: Thanks. How did you like your first Icee?

Love-a-Lot: Fantastic! I think I just found a new love.

Bruce laughed at the remark.

Bruce: Well, c'mon, we have to be ready by tomorrow.

Love-a-Lot: I'd love to, Bruce, but I have to get ready for the Valentine's Day celebration in Care-a-Lot.

Bruce: Aww, can't you stay a little longer. I still need your help.

Love-a-Lot: You don't need my help. You can take it from here.

Bruce: You think so?

Love-a-Lot: I know so.

Bruce: I wanna thank you for everything, Love-a-Lot Bear.

Love-a-Lot No problem, Bruce. Just remember to keep caring and that I and the Care Bears Family will always be there for you.

He picked her up and hugged her.

Love-a-Lot: I love you.

Bruce: I love you, too.

He put her down as they left the mall together for the parking lot. Love-a-Lot got back in the Cloud Car.

Love-a-Lot: You and Becky have fun tomorrow.

Bruce: We will. Bye.

Love-a-Lot: Bye, and take care.

They waved to each other as Love-a-Lot ascended to the sky for Care-a-Lot.

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

PostPosted: Tuesday, March 01st, 2016 - 09:52:13 
Animaniac

Chapter 4: Night Time is the Right Time to be with the One You Love

The big night had come: The night of the school's annual Valentine's Day dance. It was a little before 7:00 PM, the moon and stars came out, and Bruce rode his bike in casual attire over to Becky's enormous estate. He wore a tan dress coat, red necktie, white dress shirt, khaki pants, eyeglasses and black dress shoes. And of course, the bike helmet for safety. When he got up to the large wooden double-sided door of Becky's mansion, he used the doorknocker, which resembled an angry lion, to knock on the door. A seemingly snooty butler opened the door.

Butler: May I help you, little boy?

Bruce: Yes, I'm here to take Becky to the school dance. Is she ready?

Butler: Miss Rebecca went to the school function with another boy, sir.

That little two-timing tramp!

Bruce: Another boy?! What do you mean?!

Butler: I'm not a messenger man, sir. Good day to you , sir.

Bruce: But I...

The rude butler slammed the double doors in Bruce's face before he could finish his sentence.

Bruce: I gotta find out what's going on.

He biked over to the school campus to see if Becky and her date was there. Techno music could be heard blasting from inside the building.

Bruce: Where could they be?

A limousine parked in front of the school. The chauffeur got out and opened the passenger door. The kids on the campus roared with excitement and applause as a very young, muscular, blonde-haired male in a tuxedo stepped out of the limo. A lady's man for sure. And of course, joining him, was the quite beautiful Becky. She wore a white boa, a white long-sleeved dress, which was also sparkly, pearl earrings, white high heels to go with her dress and boa, and her hair was tied in a bun. She held her date by the arm and everyone continued cheering as they approached the school building. They looked happy together. Bruce ran up to them. He demanded an explanation.

Bruce: Becky?!

Becky: Oh, hi, Moose.

Bruce: Bruce.

Becky: Whatever.

Bruce: What's going on? Who's he?

Becky: This is Rick. Captain of the football team and the wrestling team and he's a total hunk.

Of course someone of her caliber would go with someone of HIS caliber. Rich girls. Go figure 'em.

Bruce: I don't care who he is.

Everyone "ooooohhhhhhed" at this. Rick looked at Bruce in anger. Was a fight about to go down?

Rick: You want a piece of me?!

Becky tried to restrain him.

Bruce: No. You're not worth fighting.

Rick: Chicken.

The crowd and Becky laughed.

Becky: Look, Juice, I thought about going with you, but then I changed my mind.

Bruce: But how can you...

Rick interrupted.

Rick: Hey! Why would she go with a loser like you when she can go with a man like me?

Bruce's feelings were sure enough crushed as everyone piled inside the building. The dance was starting.

Becky: Time to go inside, Rick.

Rick: You got it, babe.

Becky: Have fun going to the dance alone, Soup.

She laughed as she pet him on the head.

Rick: So long, dork.

He, Becky and the crowd laughed as they went in. Bruce didn't, though. He was too heartbroken to go to the dance. He headed for home. During the walk home, thoughts about tonight were running across his mind. What was supposed to be a romantic night to remember turned into sorrow.

Bruce: (Sobbing.) How could she do this to me?! I gave her my heart and this is how she thanks me?!

Love-a-Lot comes from the sky by Cloud Car to the earth in his time of need. The car is floating above him.

Love-a-Lot: Hi, Bruce.

Bruce: Hi, Love-a-Lot.

Love-a-Lot: I saw the whole thing.

She said, handing him her handkerchief.

Bruce: (Blowing his nose.) Thanks.

Love-a-Lot: I'm sorry you had such a terrible night.

Bruce: Me too.

Love-a-Lot: You really didn't deserve to be treated the way you did. Is there anything I can do?

Bruce: No, thanks. I'll just go home.

He walked, but Love-a-Lot asked him an important question.

Love-a-Lot: Bruce?

Bruce: Here's your hanky.

Love-a-Lot: No, not that. I was wondering...

Bruce: Yes?

Love-a-Lot: Will you be my valentine?

His spirits were lifted again.

Bruce: You mean it?

Love-a-Lot: Absolutely.

Bruce: You're the best.

He said, petting her hand.

Love-a-Lot: Get in the car with me and we'll have some real fun at the Valentine's Day party in Care-a-Lot. I promise.

Bruce: Great! Let's go!

Off to the skies the went! Now they had Valentine's Day together!

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

PostPosted: Wednesday, March 02nd, 2016 - 12:16:50 
Animaniac

Chapter 5: Caring is a Powerful Thing

Later that night in Care-a-Lot, a line of Valentine's Day-themed floats were lined up on the street where the holiday parade was taking place. They were driven slowly while each Care Bears Family member smiled and waved to the excited crowd on both sides of the street. There were some very creative floats with red and pink Styrofoam hearts and other things. Others represented friendship. For example, there was one with a giant red heart and on it were human hands being held together. Valentine's Day is a very big deal in Care-a-Lot. It's a time of love, friendship, and caring. And what better day to celebrate these three important things than this one? Noble Heart Horse and True Heart Bear were high up in the commentators' box talking through microphones. Like most parades, this one was being televised.

Noble Heart: Great night for a parade, isn't it, True Heart?

True Heart: Absolutely! I just love this time of year. Just look at the beautiful floats everyone worked so hard on.

Even Hugs and Tugs got in on the act. They both waved and dressed as Cupid as Grams Bears tossed heart-shaped boxes of chocolates to the crowd.

Grams: Happy Valentine's Day, everyone!

True Heart: What a couple of cute Cupids.

Noble Heart: And what a nice thing Grams is doing by giving everyone free chocolates. Like you, True Heart, I also love Valentine's Day.

Love-a-Lot's float was coming, and joining her was her special valentine, Bruce. They waved and held hands. Behind them stood a giant mint green heart-shaped piece of Valentine's Day candy. The pink words read "BE MINE". The crowd was going nuts!

True Heart: Here comes two special Valentines! Love-a-Lot Bear and our new friend Bruce!

Noble Heart: And listen to this crowd! They're loving every minute of this! I can barely hear myself talk!

True Heart: Same here!

Back on the float...

Love-a-Lot: Happy Valentine's Day, Bruce!

Bruce: You too, Love-a-Lot! You've been such a terrific friend to me!

Love-a-Lot: So have you! There's a dance after the parade! You wanna go with me?!

Bruce: Sounds great!

At the dance later on, everyone was waltzing to classical music in the ballroom. And Love-a-Lot was dancing with her guest of honor Bruce as well.

Bruce: This is the greatest Valentine's Day I've ever head.

Love-a-Lot: Me too.

Bruce: I don't think I ever could've had this much fun at the school dance. Thanks for inviting me.

Love-a-Lot: My pleasure.

Bruce: I'm sure Becky's having a great time too.

He said bitterly.

Love-a-Lot: Try to put what happened tonight behind you.

Bruce: It's kinda hard to, Love-a-Lot.

Love-a-Lot: Even she can learn to care.

Bruce: Yeah...about money and boys out of my league.

Love-a-Lot: I'm talking about the finer things in life.

Bruce: What do you mean? How can she care about that stuff?

Love-a-Lot: You'll find out.

Bruce didn't quite know what Love-a-Lot was getting at. The next day at school, it was time for recess. Everyone was playing on the school's playground, but Becky just sat on a bench all alone looking sad. Bruce gulped nervously and went over to her.

Bruce: Hi, Becky.

Becky: Hi, Bruce.

He was surprised she got his name right.

Bruce: You finally said "Bruce"!

Becky: Yeah. I'm sorry I was so mean before.

Talk about a transformation.

Bruce: It's okay. So, why are you so sad?

Becky: I got dumped at the dance.

Bruce: What?!

Becky: Rick and I were dancing and he saw a beautiful brunette in a blue sleeveless dress. He left me and went to her. I was so embarrassed!

She hid her face with her hands and Bruce put his hand on her shoulder.

Bruce: I'm sorry that happened, Becky.

Becky: I'm sorry I made you feel bad.

Bruce: It's okay. All is forgiven. You're better off without that creep anyway.

Becky: You're right. You're absolutely right! And from now on, I decided I'm going to start caring about more important things besides money and boys.

He couldn't believe his ears. Love-a-Lot was right!

Bruce: You are?!

Becky: Yes! So, do you wanna play with me?

Bruce: Sure!

They went over to the swing set. Hours later, the last bell rang and school ended for the day. The kids were going home and Bruce just came out of the front of the building and walked down the steps.

Bruce: I just don't get it.

He still wondered how his good friend Love-a-Lot could've known. She came down to earth once again and to his direction.

Love-a-Lot: Hi!

Bruce: How did you know. Love-a-Lot? How did you know Becky would change her ways like that?

Love-a-Lot: Remember that box of chocolates I gave you to give to her?

We see a close-up flashback of that box.

Bruce: Oh, yeah...

Love-a-Lot: Well, right after I took you home, I rushed over to Becky's mansion and she seemed sad because...well, you know. Anyway, I looked through her bedroom window and I saw her take a bite of the candy. Before I knew it, she was happier than she was before! She's a whole different person now!

Bruce: Oh, I get it! Magical caring candy!

Love-a-Lot: Caring is magic, Bruce. It is magic.

She winked at him. The two friends hugged, ending our story.

The end.

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

PostPosted: Wednesday, March 02nd, 2016 - 16:36:31 
Comedy Beat

Favorite Character(s): Lots of good characters
Awwww... What a lovely Valentine's Day story! Thanks for posting this! :D

PostPosted: Wednesday, March 02nd, 2016 - 19:47:05 
Animaniac

I'm glad. I poured my heart and soul into making this, so I'm glad you enjoyed reading it as I did writing it. What part did you like the most?

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

PostPosted: Thursday, March 03rd, 2016 - 11:29:17 
Comedy Beat

I enjoyed the part where Love-a-Lot and Bruce danced together.

PostPosted: Thursday, March 03rd, 2016 - 15:12:12 
Animaniac

I like the part where Love-a-Lot tries her first Icee and the vendor man took mercy on her when she didn't have any change. Very noble gesture.

Notice how the Care Bear Stare isn't used in the story. :(

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

PostPosted: Friday, March 04th, 2016 - 11:07:20 
Comedy Beat

Yes. I noticed. Even in other episodes, their stares were not used.