Acme Acres

Welcome Toonsters, to Acme Acres! Your place for all things Tiny Toon Adventures!
It is currently Saturday, April 29th, 2017 - 11:29:00

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: My First Anniversary
PostPosted: Thursday, January 07th, 2016 - 04:22:01 
Layout

Favorite Character(s): Hamton Fifi Plucky Shirley
It's amazing how time flies. It's been a year since I've joined the TTA Fanfic Community! :D

I had actually been reading fanfics for quite some time, but looking back, it's obvious that I discovered TTA Fanfiction after it had lost its way. By that, I mean it had gone downhill, especially on fanfiction.net.

In a nutshell, all I found on that website was nothing but stories in which all of the Tiny Toons were shells of their former selves. At least, the Tiny Toons who still existed in the eyes of the writers. :roll:

There is no coincidence that a majority of the stories were FurballxFifi fanfics, in which almost everyone was out of character. Hamton either had a restraining order against Fifi, or he was an abusive monster. To be painfully blunt, they're bloody awful.

After doing some research on the matter, it was no mind-blowing revelation that these stories were written by people who were obviously salty that Hamton was officially Fifi’s boyfriend, while Furball was "cruelly" forced into the friend zone. It's amazing how these writers glossed over the fact that Furball did NOT show any romantic feelings towards Fifi whatsoever once he realised she was a skunk.

That’s why I'm glad that I discovered the archives of "The Glory Days". These fanfics were written by legends. They were:

 Pepe-K
 HKUriah
 Leloni Bunny
 The J.A.M
 Mike Cote
 The Incredible Werekitty
 Paul R. Zook

And these are only a few of the amazing stories they’ve written:

A Time to Every Purpose Unto Heaven
 Yellow Water Tower
 Mondo Negatory Tiny Toons
 All That Glitters
 Animators Amuck
 Mary

There were some duds (Jeremy J Jurrens) but these were stories that respected the show's canon, and were worth reading. They didn’t give any generic Toons idiotic names either. Patmay? What kind of name is that? :lol:

If anything, my first fanfic was definitely going to be inspired by the classics. I decided to start work on my first fanfic: Fleche De Lard back in 2014. I was incredibly lucky to get into contact with Pepe-K, and after asking him several questions on how to write a TTA Fanfic, I was able to publish the first part in January 2015, followed by nine more installments up to the end in March 2015.

The story was a great success, and was generally well-received by everyone. I am pleased to have made a good first impression.

During the summer of that same year, I decided to write another fanfic. This time, it was based on the original premise of The Plucky Duck Show. Even though there is a chance that the information may have been untrue (although it did sound rather plausible) I was inspired to write something based on it.

This was during the time I joined this wonderful forum, and it was the first place in which I announced that I was going to write a story based on it. The people that I have to thank with regards to this fanfic are:

 Injun-Joe: for providing the information that inspired me
 Mopar96: for providing an excellent premise.

Leloni Bunny gave me some pointers that allowed me to expand the story, and Pepe-K, HKUriah and The J.A.M suggested ideas that I have taken on board. Pepe-K even wrote the scene in the pilot in which Plucky convinces Shirley to accompany him to Wisconsin.

The Plucky Duck Show will continue into 2016, and I have nothing but gratitude towards everybody who has helped me.

It’s been a year since I’ve started writing, and I hope to continue doing so for many more years.

Thank you.

From

Redtop95 (A.K.A Redtop1995, Scarlet95)

Post subject: Re: My First Anniversary
PostPosted: Thursday, January 07th, 2016 - 12:03:57 
Animaniac

Favorite Character(s): Fifi La Fume and Rita
We're glad to have you here, Scarlet/Redtop. Thank you for contributing.

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

PostPosted: Tuesday, January 12th, 2016 - 03:57:30 
Tiny Toon

Favorite Character(s): Plucky,Hamton,SweetieDizzy etc
I can still remember when we first ran into each other on deviantart. :) Our little back and forth discussion, complainin' about the current state of affairs of Tiny Toon related wiki pages, as well as some of the less than stellar elements in the fandom. :mrgreen: At the time I had exactly ZERO idea of just how much you were going to shake things up! You've definitely left your mark on Tiny Toon Adventures fanfiction history, and yet it feels like you're only just getting started! :shock: I mean it too, it felt like it was 1999 all over again when I was reading some of your stuff. That is certainly not a vibe I ever thought I'd have again. Well, at least not on such a regular basis. :D Anyways, I am real glad that you're a part of Acme Acres forum(as I'm sure everyone here is) and I really hope that this anniversary is nothing but the first of many. Hello 2016! :lol:

ImageImage

PostPosted: Wednesday, January 13th, 2016 - 06:01:08 
Layout

Fifilover wrote:
We're glad to have you here, Scarlet/Redtop. Thank you for contributing.

Thank you for listening to my ideas and giving me some! You've been a great friend. :D When I proposed the idea of writing a fanfic based on the alleged "What Could Have Been" for The Plucky Duck Show, you were the first person to encourage me to work on it. I was reluctant at first, because I thought that it would be another story with The Favourite Four (Nickname for Plucky, Shirley, Hamton and Fifi) but deep down, I wanted to do it, and after you said it was a good idea, I don't regret a thing! :)

Last edited by Scarlet95 on Wednesday, January 13th, 2016 - 06:18:33, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wednesday, January 13th, 2016 - 06:10:58 
Layout

Injun-Joe wrote:
I can still remember when we first ran into each other on deviantart. :) Our little back and forth discussion, complainin' about the current state of affairs of Tiny Toon related wiki pages, as well as some of the less than stellar elements in the fandom. :mrgreen: At the time I had exactly ZERO idea of just how much you were going to shake things up! You've definitely left your mark on Tiny Toon Adventures fanfiction history, and yet it feels like you're only just getting started! :shock: I mean it too, it felt like it was 1999 all over again when I was reading some of your stuff. That is certainly not a vibe I ever thought I'd have again. Well, at least not on such a regular basis. :D Anyways, I am real glad that you're a part of Acme Acres forum(as I'm sure everyone here is) and I really hope that this anniversary is nothing but the first of many. Hello 2016! :lol:

MEMORIES!! :lol: It's amazing how fast the months went by from that day. :)

No, but seriously, I have a lot to thank you for. It really means a lot to me that you believe that I'm up there with the likes of Pepe-K and all the other writers of the Glory Days. They are all amazing people and it is an honour to brainstorm with them.

To be honest, I wanted to write another TTA fanfic after bringing Fleche De Lard to an end, but I wasn't sure what to do for it. That was when I took your offer of joining Acme Acres, and discovered your information regarding The Plucky Duck Show. I knew that it would be another outing that involved Plucky, Shirley, Hamton and Fifi but I didn't care. The premise sounded awesome. Warner Bros may or may not have come up with the dynamic, but by God, I was going to do something with it! I have you and Mopar96 to thank for it. :mrgreen:

There'll be many more tales to come. That is a promise.

PostPosted: Monday, January 25th, 2016 - 16:32:12 
Layout

Today marks the first anniversary of my first TTA Fanfic: Fleche De Lard!

The epic swashbuckling adventure was first released on fanfiction.net on 25th January 2015! I can't celebrate without thanking Pepe K for being a creative consultant, Smallj85 for his awesome artwork based on it, and everyone on this forum for reading it. You're all the best!

This calls for a musical celebration!

Princess Fifi? Prince Hamton?

Fifi: Oui?

It's been a year since you two saved all of France and got married. I see you've been playing your little duet together, too! Speaking of music, I've got a question: Can you play Happy Birthday to You, please? To celebrate?

Hamton: Sure thing, Redtop!

Smashing! Let's hear it!

Fifi: How-you-say, okay! (To Hamton) Do tu 'ave your tuba especially brassy?

Hamton: (To Fifi) Sure do! Do you have your harp especially tingly?

Fifi: Zat ah do! Let us play!

H&F: Un, deux, trois!

Last edited by Scarlet95 on Tuesday, January 26th, 2016 - 01:10:12, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Monday, January 25th, 2016 - 18:48:09 
Animaniac

It's a piece of literature alright. :)

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

PostPosted: Tuesday, January 26th, 2016 - 02:41:12 
Tiny Toon

Scarlet95 wrote:

The epic swashbuckling adventure was first released on fanfiction.net on 25th January 2015! I can't celebrate without thanking Pepe K for being a creative consultant, Smallj85 for his awesome artwork based on it, and everyone on this forum for reading it. You're all the best!

It's been a year since you two saved all of France and got married. I see you've been playing your little duet together, too! Speaking of music, I've got a question: Can you play Happy Birthday to You, please? To celebrate?

Smashing! Let's hear it!

Dat tuba! :mrgreen:

ImageImage

PostPosted: Wednesday, January 27th, 2016 - 09:08:46 
Layout

Injun-Joe wrote:
Scarlet95 wrote:

Smashing! Let's hear it!

[img]<a%20class="vglnk"%20href="http://s28.postimg.org/ljy9bfyx9/1442571615_redtop95_image.jpg[/img][/quote" rel="nofollow"><span>http</span><span>://</span><span>s28</span><span>.</span><span>postimg</span><span>.</span><span>org</span><span>/</span><span>ljy9bfyx9</span><span>/</span><span>1442571615</span><span>_</span><span>redtop95</span><span>_</span><span>image</span><span>.</span><span>jpg</span><span>[/</span><span>img</span><span>][/</span><span>quote</span></a>]

Dat tuba! :mrgreen:

Yep! Fifi and Hamton love playing music! :D

Unfortunately, this can be a problem, especially in Episode 3 of The Plucky Duck Show!

PostPosted: Wednesday, June 15th, 2016 - 13:41:44 
Layout

It's been a year since I joined Acme Acres! :D

May I be incredibly mushy and say that it has been an honour to be a part of this lovely forum. It's great to discuss Tiny Toon Adventures, Animaniacs and a variety of other subjects in a kind and welcoming environment.

My fanfics: Fleche De Lard, Merry Christmas, Furball and The Plucky Duck Show have been welcomed with open arms and I appreciate all of the comments and feedback that I have received for each yarn I've spun.

I especially have to thank Injun-Joe, whom I met on deviantART by means of sending him a message which moaned about the Dork Age that TTA Fanfiction had been going through. :lol: He recommended the forum to me, promising that it wasn't full of deranged users with vitriolic views regarding shipping decisions.

I'm happy to report that he was correct! It's great to be here!

PostPosted: Thursday, June 16th, 2016 - 15:49:05 
Tiny Toon

They say the first one is always a special one!...... It's hard for me to tell. But hey, happy anniversary! :mrgreen:

ImageImage

PostPosted: Thursday, June 16th, 2016 - 16:16:31 
Animaniac

Two anniversaries in one year. Neat!

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

PostPosted: Sunday, July 10th, 2016 - 15:08:01 
Tiny Toon

I've lost track of things again. :?

ImageImage

PostPosted: Sunday, July 10th, 2016 - 19:02:21 
Animaniac

Scarlet95 wrote:
It's amazing how time flies. It's been a year since I've joined the TTA Fanfic Community! :D

Scarlet95 wrote:

Scarlet95 wrote:
It's been a year since I joined Acme Acres! :D

Actually, it looks as though Scarlet has had three things to celebrate, rather than just one.

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage