Acme Acres

Welcome Toonsters, to Acme Acres! Your place for all things Tiny Toon Adventures!
It is currently Sunday, July 23rd, 2017 - 18:35:25

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 112 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
 Post subject: The Plucky Duck Show
PostPosted: Friday, September 25th, 2015 - 06:49:18 
Layout

Favorite Character(s): Hamton Fifi Plucky Shirley
HALLO!!

The alleged "What Could Have Been" for Plucky's spinoff has finally begun!

Plucky, Shirley, Hamton and Fifi are off to Wisconsin in search of fame and fortune!

All the TTA Fanfic writers from the Glory Days have helped me to write it, and Mopar96 has been credited for his suggestion.

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/11523834/1 ... -Duck-Show

See what you think!

Post subject: Re: The Plucky Duck Show
PostPosted: Friday, September 25th, 2015 - 18:08:11 
Musical Score

Favorite Character(s): Babs, Dot, Fifi, Gogo
Thanks for the credit. :) Don't worry about it too much, though. I'm just glad you could do something with it.

I definitely have to get around to reading the whole thing when I get the time. I think it's cool you're actually doing something with the Plucky Duck Show idea in itself, because WB themselves never did much of anything with it. It's something with a lot of potential that never went anywhere. Kind of like lighting a bottle rocket and the fuse just burns out and it never launches. :| But it looks like you're off to a good start. ;)

PostPosted: Saturday, September 26th, 2015 - 03:03:38 
Layout

Mopar96 wrote:
Thanks for the credit. :) Don't worry about it too much, though. I'm just glad you could do something with it.

I definitely have to get around to reading the whole thing when I get the time. I think it's cool you're actually doing something with the Plucky Duck Show idea in itself, because WB themselves never did much of anything with it. It's something with a lot of potential that never went anywhere. Kind of like lighting a bottle rocket and the fuse just burns out and it never launches. :| But it looks like you're off to a good start. ;)

No problem, mate. :D Your analogy was quite fitting. To me, The Plucky Duck Show was a really good idea that just went to waste. I mean, if the information that Injun-Joe received was true, then it's most likely that more people would watch the spinoff than the actual show. That could have been one reason it was decided against. Another reason, which I think is plausible, is that the people at Warner Bros were afraid to take the risk. They would much rather have another episode with The Flea Family in the main spotlight! :roll:

Some people have asked if this fanfic is going to be the buildup to the actual show, and it's subsequent laziness. However, I decided to retcon the timeline. TPDS premiered at the beginning of the third season. Plucky, Shirley, Hamton and Fifi are absent from the main show as they have left to get their own show. They're looking for a spinoff in a spinoff as you might say!

In order to differentiate it from Tiny Toons, the spinoff will be more story-driven, having an ongoing arc similar to The 13 Ghosts of Scooby-Doo. The only difference being that the main four characters aren't trying to find 13 monsters and put them in a chest. :lol:

I hope everybody likes what I have to offer!

PostPosted: Thursday, October 08th, 2015 - 10:36:34 
Layout

Hello all!

I just thought that I would talk to you about the two couples in The Plucky Duck Show...or at least give you an interpretation of how I see them. Now, a few of you know what I'm about to say, but a lot of concepts have changed since then.

The premise implied that the idea of relationships and romance would be a recurring theme within the spinoff, which is good because Romance was a subject that was barely touched upon in TTA.

Since the show is about Plucky, he and Shirley will be the main focus in my fanfic. However, because I'm an ardent advocate for HamtonxFifi (The Best Couple) they'll have their moments as well.

This isn't the first time that love has been a subject in my work. Fleche De Lard focused on Fifi and Hamton meeting and getting to know each other after circumstances forced them to find the King and save their country from a rogue councillor. If anything, TPDS will accentuate the differences between both couples.

Plucky and Shirley have an interesting chemistry. They love each other, but their relationship is extremely vitriolic at times. In this fanfic, Shirley is frequently chagrined by her boyfriend's arrogance and obsession with becoming famous, believing that fame and admiration means more to him than her. However, in a plot point that you came up with, she is secretly hoping that Plucky will settle down, swallow his pride and profess his feelings towards her. Plucky dismisses his girlfriend's beliefs, brushing them off as ignorance. He doesn't believe she understands his desires, which frustrates him.

After some revision with Pepe K, who is the writer of ATTEPUH and a good friend of mine, he gave me some interesting information regarding the P&S relationship.

"Shirley, like many young first-time lovers, sees that her ideas are superior, selfless, more pure, less aggressive,
kinder and gentler than Plucky's macho posturing. She is a bleeding-heart liberal. She thinks this is the way all people should behave, so - she wants to change Plucky. She doesn't not see that she is a controlling, prudish shrew at times.
She doesn't see his male desires for her as love, just as swaggering male ego and lust. She wants to change him into
James Taylor, the ultra laid-back mellow Californian guitar-playing singer whose music frankly bores me silly.
In 13-something, when Plucky actually said something nice and hopeful and supportive to Buster, she was ready to accept him fully as a lover and maybe even jump his bones. But Plucky messed that up with a quick proposition.

Yes, Plucky is a swaggering, egocentric Male who wants Shirley to swoon at his feet and leap into his arms and be taken to bed by him. Of course he does, all macho guys do. He's hard-wired that way. As time has gone on, Plucky has actually tried to be
the way she wants him to be, but he is a realistic action-oriented guy who doesn't fall for her New Age nonsense and thinks it all to be rather silly. His body wants her, he cannot help that.From age 16 to 29, most guy's brains are overloaded with testosterone.
But he does try when his own methods fail - and they do.

So she wants him to change and can't see that he's not the guy she wants and that trying to change him deliberately will only drive him away. He has yet to see this in her and his nature is to fight against it. Perhaps if she actually tried something drastic, like using Buster's Personality Fax Machine on Plucky and made him too much of what she wants, miserable and intolerably mellow -
she might realize that she just really wants Plucky as he mostly is. And if Shirley did the same and acted like the swooning slut that he'd like (like what Olivia Newton John did to herself in GREASE by becoming a tight-leather-wearing Pink Lady) then Plucky would see that he wants Shirley as she is (mostly). That might make a good episode of TPDS - both trying to change to please each other, like Sandy and Danny in GREASE." - Pepe-K

Phew! He had a lot to say, but he gave me some ideas.

You see, my original idea was that Shirley was going to teach Plucky that fame isn't everything, and you don't need the whole world to love you to be happy. That can stay in the show, but in some ways, Shirley will be just as bad as Plucky when it comes to control. The only difference is that while Plucky stubbornly refuses to accept that it's his fault when his plans go wrong, Shirley is more inclined to apologise and will try not to do it again.

To say that Hamton and Fifi are the complete opposite would be putting it mildly. They listen to each other, they love and trust each other. They act like everyday is their honeymoon. Plucky didn't know that they were dating, which displays his narrow-mindedness. They have a lot in common, sharing mutual interests in gourmet food, music, etc.

Pepe-K had a lot to say on Hamton and Fifi too!

"Fifi is very overly feminine, at times she gushes with love, joy and adoration, but being very female, she's also emotionally vulnerable. that's the quality that makes her so very appealing, despite her passion, she can actually get upset and hurt. Things matter a great deal to her. The same is true with Hamton. He is very earnest and willing to please. They can both put up with alot - as long as they are expecting it or they just don't notice - like how Hamton puts up with Plucky and how Fifi is un-phased by guys running away when she is in persuit of them. Both are chars who see themselves as outsiders; Pigs and skunks are not popular animals and there are some who think that there are reasons for this. The 2 of them know and understand this fact and do their best to overcome this problem, but often it gets the better of them. They both are vunlerable to feeling hurt or rejected.
Another thing about H&F is that they are partly opposites; Fifi is outgoing and knows she is beautiful, but not to the point of being concieted. Hamton is shy and a bit fearful, but he's actually quite capable and intelligent. She is outspoken and he is quiet. She can be extravagant while he is conservative. Together, they make for a well-balenced team. One thing that works in their favor is that they listen to each other very well and don't make the mistake of trying to make things work by ignoring the other's advice - like Buster and Babs do. They don't do things that the other dislikes - like Plucky almost never listens to Shirley. (or anyone else for that matter) One thing they both are is needful of each other. They both love to have someone who will listen to their feelings and be understanding. They also have passionate wants and desires for physical attention, ie. love, making out and sex. It's always the quiet ones." - Pepe-K

Fifi is extremely protective of Hamton, believing that he gets bullied by Plucky. This will play a part in the plot, as the green duck becomes jealous of the relationship Hamton has with Fifi. He believes his best friend likes his girlfriend better than him, and that they're happier than he is.

So that's an analysis of how the two couples will be portrayed in The Plucky Duck Show.

What d'you think?

Scarlet95

PostPosted: Friday, October 09th, 2015 - 11:32:30 
Animaniac

Favorite Character(s): Fifi La Fume and Rita
I'll read Act One this weekend.

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

PostPosted: Friday, October 09th, 2015 - 12:07:48 
Layout

Fifilover wrote:
I'll read Act One this weekend.

Thank you! :D Could you tell me what you think once you've read it, please?

PostPosted: Friday, October 09th, 2015 - 12:12:57 
Animaniac

Absolutely!

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

PostPosted: Friday, October 09th, 2015 - 13:20:46 
Layout

Fifilover wrote:
Absolutely!

YAY! :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Friday, October 09th, 2015 - 14:32:44 
Animaniac

Favorite Character(s): Plucky,Hamton,SweetieDizzy etc
I just read it a couple of nights ago. I was impressed with the many great jokes you put in. This is the funniest thing I've read in the TTA section of fanfiction.net in....oh what feels like eons now. I'm looking forward to part two! :D

ImageImage

PostPosted: Saturday, October 10th, 2015 - 04:10:28 
Layout

Injun-Joe wrote:
I just read it a couple of nights ago. I was impressed with the many great jokes you put in. This is the funniest thing I've read in the TTA section of fanfiction.net in....oh what feels like eons now. I'm looking forward to part two! :D

Thanks very much! :)

Well, when you have the greatest TTA Fanfic writers of all time to help you, nothing can go wrong. One of the writers who helped with a scene was Pepe-K. Guess which one that was! Pepe also suggested that the show's theme song be a parody of "I Got You Babe".

I can't finish without thanking Mopar96, whose suggestion became the premise! Cheers, mate!

PostPosted: Sunday, October 11th, 2015 - 18:03:06 
Animaniac

Act One was superb. You really captured the personality and humor of the Looney Tunes.

Moving on to Act Two.

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

PostPosted: Saturday, October 17th, 2015 - 13:44:17 
Layout

The second episode for the spinoff is up! :D

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/11523834/2 ... -Duck-Show

Read and review!

PostPosted: Saturday, October 17th, 2015 - 14:47:29 
Animaniac

I just got done reading episode 1. Very good start. I approve.

TV spinoffs aren't always successful, so for Plucky and his friends' sake, they better hope this one will do well.

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

PostPosted: Saturday, October 17th, 2015 - 14:51:27 
Layout

Fifilover wrote:
I just got done reading episode 1. Very good start. I approve.

TV spinoffs aren't always successful, so for Plucky and his friends' sake, they better hope this one will do well.

Especially when they nearly get tricked into robbing a bank! :lol:

Glad you liked it!

PostPosted: Saturday, October 24th, 2015 - 19:40:43 
Animaniac

Nearly done with episode 2.

When I think of Malcolm, this song comes to mind:

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 112 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next