Acme Acres

Welcome Toonsters, to Acme Acres! Your place for all things Tiny Toon Adventures!
It is currently Thursday, April 27th, 2017 - 18:38:37

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 104 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
 Post subject: Re: The Plucky Duck Show
PostPosted: Saturday, November 26th, 2016 - 08:32:50 
Animaniac

Favorite Character(s): Fifi La Fume and Rita
I'll be sure to give the newest chapter a read. 8-)

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

PostPosted: Saturday, December 03rd, 2016 - 06:17:01 
Layout

Favorite Character(s): Hamton Fifi Plucky Shirley
Yakko, Wakko and Dot are now the new stars of the spinoff! Fifi and Hamton do everything they can in order to make them happy. That can't go wrong, can it?

Meanwhile, Plucky and Shirley finally pour their hearts out to each other with the help of the Walrus of Love. Secrets will be revealed!

Read and review!

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/11523834/1 ... -Duck-Show

PostPosted: Saturday, December 03rd, 2016 - 06:39:08 
Animaniac

Regarding the previous chapter:

You and your crew really captured the black-and-white cartoon elements really well.

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

PostPosted: Saturday, December 03rd, 2016 - 06:47:22 
Layout

Mr. Magic wrote:
Regarding the previous chapter:

You and your crew really captured the black-and-white cartoon elements really well.

Thank you very much! :)

Tiny Toons did a B&W cartoon but all that changed was the lack of colour and the characters had Dot eyes.

HKUriah and I went all the way with this one!

PostPosted: Saturday, December 03rd, 2016 - 06:59:34 
Animaniac

Could you imagine living in a world where there's no color, everyone has dots for eyes, and your soup is singing? :|

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

PostPosted: Tuesday, December 06th, 2016 - 07:55:36 
Layout

Hello, folks! Since TPDS is going on a small break due to University work (it will continue in 2017) I thought I'd share some facts and trivia about the fanfic. :)

Let's begin:

Why is Malcolm Magpie friendly to Plucky but hostile to Shirley, Fifi and Hamton? He's racist. Or speciesist. Shirley has white feathers.

Bunny and Claude were originally going to rob the jewellery store, but were replaced by Rocky and Mugsy. They're mentioned by Malcolm in the actual episode. Why were Bunny and Claude replaced? They were supposed to be part of a self-deprecation gag where they get arrested for being criminally unfunny. It didn't relate to Malcolm.

Why is Fifi so nimble, as shown in Episodes 2 and 3? She's a member of the Gymnastics Club.

What was the point of Episode 5's cold opening? It paid homage to both Psycho and The Rocky Horror Picture Show. Plucky and Shirley are staying in a motel, similarly to Marion Crane, who is murdered in the shower by Norman Bates, dressed up like his mother. Red Hot is attacked by Frank N. Furter, a transvestite. The episode starts out in black and white, but the colour appears when Frank is shown. This is a nod to the original plan for TRHPS, in which the movie's opening would be in B&W, but the colour would appear when Frank introduces himself, similarly to The Wizard of Oz.

In Episode 6, Plucky's "bachelor pad", which appeared when he became a hippie in order to win back Shirley, features the Warner Bros-Seven Arts logo and picture cameos of Cool Cat and Colonel Rimfire. Plucky is making references to the 1960s, which was when Looney Tunes started going downhill. He tries to mellow out and has tacky decorations and wears a tacky attire. This is a nod to Warner Bros trying to get with the 60s culture, retiring the classic characters and replacing them with "modern" toons who looked incredibly cheap. Cool Cat is the best example of this era, looking more like a Hanna-Barbera reject. Plucky gives up his normal ways to pander to Shirley's needs, and like WB, it fails.

In The Flea, Boris the Spider, from Pepe K's fanfic A Time to Every Purpose Unto Heaven, was going to make a cameo as the arachnid that eats Abner Flea. This was decided against since I wanted TPDS to feel like an actual canon episode. Doctor Lord cameoed as Fleche De Lard since that fanfic paid homage to the Glory Days of TTA Fanfiction. Speaking of that, DL is a visual pun. He rescues the group in the Fokker Triplane, making him a literal deus ex machina.

Why does Spittoon speak like, and often quote, Richard Burton? It's a reference to how the voices of cartoon characters were impressions of famous people. A good example of this is Jabberjaw, who talks like Curly Howard.

Yahoo wasn't supposed to be in TPDS at first. Remember when I was talking about possibly writing a fanfic which utilised the spinoff's original premise way back in 2015? I wrote a skit about Plucky getting his own show. Yahoo was originally going to be a one-off joke about Cousin Oliver characters. Since Yucky was an expy of Scrappy, I decided to involve a parody of Gazoo to make the reader want Shirley, Fifi and Hamton back.

Shirley, Hamton and Fifi weren't going to abandon Plucky originally. Therefore, they would have interacted with Yucky, Skippy and Spittoon. I didn't go with this in the end, since I wanted Plucky to realise what he's lost. That, and there'd be too many characters. Besides, replacing SF&H with three one-trick ponies would be a subtle reference to Fred, Velma and Daphne being given the "Put on a Bus" treatment when Scrappy arrived on the scene.

Plucky, Cypress and Yucky were going to hang out together, referencing when Daphne was brought back in order to win back the disgruntled Scooby fans. Plucky and Cypress would both get fed up with Yucky in the end. At the time, I was still developing Cypress as a character and eventually decided to have her travel alongside Plucky, Shirley, Hamton and Fifi for a while.

Cypress had a crush on Jack Wild when she was young. She first saw him on HR Pufnstuf.

When Fifi and Hamton held auditions for a show they had no idea what the premise was in Episode 11, Robyn Starling gatecrashed it. Why was this? The show takes place in 1992, the same year Tom and Jerry: The Movie premiered in Germany and France. That explains her random appearance, but why did she appeal to F&H specifically? When I was browsing fanfiction.net 5 years ago, I discovered a writer called Pyro Magnus. He used to write lazy stories: specifically, retellings of certain animated movies and giving the roles to random characters such as Bugs Bunny or Gumby. He announced that he was going to retell The Rescuers with Fifi and Hamton playing Bianca and Bernard respectively and Cruella De Vil as Madame Medusa. This project never came to be. Coincidentally, KikeRodz uploaded a Halloween picture onto DA of H&F dressed up as Bernard and Bianca in 2013. Here it is:

Tom and Jerry: The Movie is essentially The Rescuers but with more songs. Robyn needed two cute little animals to help her find her father: a foreign, strong-willed female and a timid, quiet but competent male. Hamton and Fifi fit the bill!

PostPosted: Saturday, December 10th, 2016 - 00:44:57 
Tiny Toon

Favorite Character(s): Plucky,Hamton,SweetieDizzy etc
A marvelous list of "did you know's" if there ever was one! :lol: I love all of the thought you put into your stories. I really got a kick out of the Scrappy Doo mocking character Yucky as well, even though I actually really like Scrappy.

By the way, KikeRodz made a follow up to the Hamton and Fifi as Bernard and Bianca picture. I'm guessing that Elmyra is supposed to be Penny, oh dear! :lol:
It is pretty darn cool that KikeRodz did these pictures considering that he usually draws Fifi+Furball art. It's ironic that the one concept he ever did that depicted Feef with Hamton also ended up being the only one that was actually funny. :roll:

ImageImage

PostPosted: Saturday, December 10th, 2016 - 12:42:35 
Layout

Injun-Joe wrote:
A marvelous list of "did you know's" if there ever was one! :lol: I love all of the thought you put into your stories. I really got a kick out of the Scrappy Doo mocking character Yucky as well, even though I actually really like Scrappy.

By the way, KikeRodz made a follow up to the Hamton and Fifi as Bernard and Bianca picture. I'm guessing that Elmyra is supposed to be Penny, oh dear! :lol:
It is pretty darn cool that KikeRodz did these pictures considering that he usually draws Fifi+Furball art. It's ironic that the one concept he ever did that depicted Feef with Hamton also ended up being the only one that was actually funny. :roll:

I know, right? After translating the dialogue from both pictures, I think that Elmyra is definitely the kid that Fifi and Hamton have to rescue. Now who's going to rescue them?! :lol:

Here's the dialogue:

Picture 1

Hamton: Something feels wrong, Fifi.
Fifi: Do not worry.

Picture 2

Elmyra: Beautiful Rescuers!
Hamton: Get me out of this movie!

In a way, the relationship between Bernard and Bianca in The Rescuers is almost a glimpse of how Hamton and Fifi would have played out if their dynamic was touched upon more in the actual show. I know I use that chemistry. So do Pepe K, HKUriah and Leloni Bunny. ;)

PostPosted: Sunday, January 01st, 2017 - 04:02:23 
Layout

Happy New Year, folks! :mrgreen: Like last year, The Plucky Duck Show will carry on into 2017. There'll be a surprise as well as some more adventures this year!

Here's a message from the quirky quartet!

PostPosted: Friday, February 10th, 2017 - 07:56:31 
Layout

Hello, all.

You've probably noticed that TPDS hasn't been updated for a good while. This is the longest it's been on hiatus. I feel you're all owed an explanation and an apology for this long wait.

You see, I'm now in my final stretch up to graduation. I've been bogged down with work. Episode 15 is 50% done and I've been working on it when I've had time. But my coursework has taken priority at this moment. It's not like it's going to be months before the story continues, but the pauses will be longer.

Rest assured, once the coursework ebbs away a bit, TPDS will become top priority until the next time.

I'm sorry for making you wait. :(

With that said, however, Smallj85 has a surprise for all of you. I won't say what it is, but I think you'll like it. ;)

PostPosted: Friday, February 10th, 2017 - 08:19:02 
Animaniac

Wow, this thread has exceed the 100 mark! :D

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

PostPosted: Saturday, March 04th, 2017 - 05:24:20 
Layout

After a long hiatus, I've finally had the chance to complete Episode 15 of The Plucky Duck Show!

After making peace, Plucky and Shirley make an earthshattering announcement: they're getting married! Cypress doesn't think it's a good idea, but the lovebirds are dead-set about it. They take a tour of Prank Caverns: a series of caves that lead to the centre of the earth and are inhabited by the Gremlins and the dreaded Slurpasaur. After getting lost deep underground, Plucky and Shirley decide to try and find a proper jewel for an engagement ring, but they discover that the Gremlins have been enslaved... but who's done the dastardly deed?

Read and review!

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/11523834/1 ... -Duck-Show

PostPosted: Sunday, March 12th, 2017 - 04:39:19 
Storyboard

Favorite Character(s): They're all great!
Scarlet95 wrote:
After making peace, Plucky and Shirley make an earthshattering announcement: they're getting married!

:o That certainly is earthshattering!

Click this link for a mystery page at the Transformers Wiki!
http://tfwiki.net/generate_html.php

PostPosted: Monday, April 17th, 2017 - 08:38:49 
Musical Score

Favorite Character(s): Babs, Plucky
I wonder how their marriage will turn out. Plucky would probably be a lazy bum making Shirley do all the work, and never lift a finger himself. If he doesn't, I'll be pleasantly surprised.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 104 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7