Acme Acres

Welcome Toonsters, to Acme Acres! Your place for all things Tiny Toon Adventures!
It is currently Monday, May 29th, 2017 - 19:28:02

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 108 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Plucky Duck Show
PostPosted: Tuesday, June 28th, 2016 - 16:03:10 
Animaniac

Favorite Character(s): Fifi La Fume and Rita
Well, who doesn't remember "It's a Hard Knock Life"?

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

PostPosted: Saturday, July 09th, 2016 - 16:30:44 
Animaniac

I'm done reading the chapter.

Maybe Plucky finally realizes the value of friendship. Did I just say that? :|

So, Shirley and Randy didn't exactly check into the Holiday Inn, but maybe they'll get a goodnight's sleep.

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

PostPosted: Thursday, July 14th, 2016 - 23:59:06 
Layout

Favorite Character(s): Hamton Fifi Plucky Shirley
Mr. Magic wrote:
I'm done reading the chapter.

Maybe Plucky finally realizes the value of friendship. Did I just say that? :|

So, Shirley and Randy didn't exactly check into the Holiday Inn, but maybe they'll get a goodnight's sleep.

That's true. Unfortunately, what Fifi and Hamton didn't realise was that Plucky actually meant to say sorry. To him, they were his only hope to get away from Yucky and his cronies. With that said, Plucky chose an inappropriate time to apologise. :P

As for Shirley and Randy...wait and see.

PostPosted: Tuesday, July 26th, 2016 - 02:38:15 
Layout

HALLO!!

I believe I owe everybody an explanation for my lack of updates on TPDS. Yes, I've been busy with work (did crowd control at a concert the other day) but the other issue I have with Episode 10 is pacing. I'm currently working with Pepe K to see if I need to change anything.

However, it hopefully won't be long before I have it ready to show to you all!

I won't spoil much but is it possible that Plucky will rid himself of Yucky and his cronies?!

PostPosted: Saturday, August 06th, 2016 - 05:18:09 
Layout

It's finally here! :D

Plucky finally meets that lovely lady duck he saw a few episodes ago. Turns out she's a member of the Strawberry Fields group. They're out to save the Everglades from being destroyed. Preachy chaos reigns as the Toxic Revenger strikes!

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/11523834/1 ... -Duck-Show

Read and review!

PostPosted: Friday, August 19th, 2016 - 14:26:31 
Layout

In the information regarding the "What Could Have Been" for TPDS that Injun-Joe shared with us back in 2012, it was stated that the spinoff would have a completely different theme song rather than being a variant of the TTA song.

When I began work on the fanfic interpretation, one of my ambitions was to come up with a theme song for the show.

Pepe-K suggested that it should be a parody of "I Got You, Babe" with Plucky and Shirley playing the roles of Sonny and Cher respectively and Fifi and Hamton singing backing vocals. I went for this approach, and I think it works quite well, even if I probably say so myself. :P

I wanted my interpretation of The Plucky Duck Show to have a 1960s vibe, as this was the "decade of love" and relationships play a key role in the overarching story.

Here's a video which tells you how the song would go.

PostPosted: Saturday, September 10th, 2016 - 16:55:53 
Animaniac

Scarlet95 wrote:

Plucky finally meets that lovely lady duck he saw a few episodes ago. Turns out she's a member of the Strawberry Fields group. They're out to save the Everglades from being destroyed. Preachy chaos reigns as the Toxic Revenger strikes!

Read and review!

So long, Yucky. It's been a slice.

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

PostPosted: Sunday, September 11th, 2016 - 08:42:09 
Layout

Mr. Magic wrote:
Scarlet95 wrote:

Read and review!

So long, Yucky. It's been a slice.

Yep. :D Will Shirley, Hamton and Fifi be reunited with Plucky? Maybe. ;)

PostPosted: Saturday, September 24th, 2016 - 00:58:41 
Layout

One year ago today, I uploaded the first chapter of The Plucky Duck Show onto fanfiction.net. :mrgreen: That's right, folks, the first part of the fanfic based on the "What Could Have Been" premise was first shown to the public on September 24th, 2015!

It's amazing how time flies! But, it seems we're halfway there! Plucky, Shirley, Hamton and Fifi will find their spinoff very soon!

Here are the people I have to thank for getting so far:

Pepe-K
    HKU
    Leloni Bunny
    The J.A.M
    Smallj85
    Injun-Joe
    Mopar96

I can still remember the premise that Injun-Joe shared with us:

"I don't know if this is true or not, but a long time ago I remember reading somewhere that "The Plucky Duck Show" was originally planned to be a full-fledged program. It was going to have a new theme song with it's own tune, instead of simply giving new lyrics to the TTA theme song. The only other Tiny Toon cast members who were going to be heavily featured (other than Plucky and Hamton) were to be Shirley and Fifi. The rest of the show's cast was going to be made up of new characters, with occasional guest appearances from other shows like the then up coming Animaniacs. Again, I have no idea weather this is true or not, but given how many ideas the WB animation studio scraped during that period, you never know." - Injun-Joe

I was inspired to write a story based on this pitch and I hope I've followed every rule!

Thank you for reading!

PostPosted: Sunday, September 25th, 2016 - 07:56:30 
Layout

After 7 episodes of being apart, the Plucky gang is back together! :mrgreen:

Plucky tries to get with Cypress
Hamton and Fifi cause a stink whilst celebrating their second anniversary
and...
Shirley's a mother?!

WARNING: Like Episode 6, this episode has naughty implications and is a little darker.

Read and review!

PostPosted: Sunday, October 09th, 2016 - 08:12:12 
Layout

The wind howls and shakes the old, dying trees, seemingly trying to pull them out of their roots. The wind also blows the fallen greying leaves, making then perform some sort of twisted and macabre dance. It is a dark night and the sky is patched with thick clouds. Occasionally, the moon appears, but instead of being comforting, it creates eerie shadows from the trees, making them look like malformed demons ready to grasp the lone mobile home that is trundling along the dirt road winding in between them.

The camera pans down to reveal Plucky peeking out of the curtains in the mobile home’s window, his pupils shrunken and moving nervously in every direction they can go as if looking for something that would jump out of the darkness at him when his guard is down. We cut to the interior of the vehicle. Fifi is sat on the bed reading a romance novel, Hamton is making himself a sandwich and Cypress is braiding her hair. Shirley looks noticeably sullen.

Plucky: (Narrating) Spinoff Log: Entry 10. After being stuck with a bratty nephew, a crybaby squirrel, a useless robot and a disparaging extra-terrestrial, I am finally reunited with my friends. And I finally have some mode of transportation. Hammy an’ Feef are friends with me, I got a new gal: Cypress an’ Shirl’s back too. Funny thing, though. Shirl’s been actin’ really weird since we made our heroic escape from the long arms of the law. I wonder why…

Hamton finishes making his mayo and cream cheese sandwich (on white bread with the crusts cut off) and sits on the bed with Fifi.

Hamton: (Casually, to Plucky) Well, after all that excitement at Happy World Land, Feef and I never thanked you for savin’ us! The both of us would be in jail if it weren’t for you! (To the camera) Although it would be nice ta see Sappy Stanley again.

Fifi: (Giggles) Oui! Ah would not last cinq minutes zere! Ah am too pretty.

Plucky doesn’t hear them. He’s still peering out of the window. A leaf suddenly blows onto the glass.

Plucky: (Screams) AAAAAGGGHHH!!

He pulls the curtains shut and ducks down, covering his eyes. Cypress gets up and crosses over to him.

Cypress: (With concern) Plucky, what’s wrong?

She opens the curtain and looks out the window to find that the leaf has blown away.

Cypress: (Reassuringly) Oh, Plucky. You were scared of nothing!

Shirley rolls her eyes.

Shirley: (Thinking) Like, I coulda told him that, or some junk.

Now completely bored, she begins filing her nails. She does this for a few minutes until something catches her attention. Her eyes widen and a look of fear suddenly crosses her face.

Shirley: (Spooked, to the group) Like, guys…

She is suddenly interrupted by a loud BANG! The entire vehicle jolts and shudders violently and comes to a complete stop. There is a long, unbearable silence.

Uncle Stinky: (Offscreen) (It appears that we have engine trouble. Perhaps driving along this uneven surface was too much for it. Fear not, my next generation of youths, I shall see to the matter and we shall be continuing to Wisconsin in no time at all!)

Shirley: (Horrified) NO!! DON’T GO OUT THERE!!

We hear the vehicle door close and there is an incredibly brief silence. Suddenly, the mobile home rocks to one side as something is slammed against it. Everyone jumps and backs away from the wall that was suddenly hit. Then, we hear a bloodcurdling squeal.

Hamton: (Screams) UNCLE STINKY!

Hamton makes a move to get out of the vehicle, but Fifi seizes him from behind.

Fifi: (Screams) HAMMY, NO!

Despite this, Hamton struggles against his girlfriend in a desperate attempt to help his uncle. Fifi wraps her arms, legs and tail around his whole body in a panicked attempt to stop him.
Then, the entire vehicle begins to rock from side to side like a ship in a storm. There are deafening metallic clangs and the walls dent as if something is trying to force its way in.
Hamton falls down with Fifi clamped to him, refusing to let go. Shirley gets to her feet in the nick of time as the refrigerator falls down and crushes the chair she was sitting on. Plates and bowls fall from the cupboards and shatter on the floor. The lights flicker on and off as if whatever’s attacking the mobile home is interfering with the electricity.

Amidst the chaos, we can hear the sound of a racing heartbeat growing louder and louder.
Plucky clings onto Cypress like a frightened child, his eyes tightly shut in a seemingly hopeless attempt to find sanctuary. Finally, the electricity gives out and the whole mobile home is plunged into darkness.

Be afraid...

PostPosted: Saturday, October 15th, 2016 - 06:50:40 
Layout

It's a bit too early for Halloween, but that doesn't mean it's not out to get you.

Look behind you.

Last edited by Scarlet95 on Sunday, October 30th, 2016 - 07:35:54, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tuesday, October 18th, 2016 - 11:19:28 
Animaniac

Scarlet95 wrote:
After 7 episodes of being apart, the Plucky gang is back together! :mrgreen:

Plucky tries to get with Cypress
Hamton and Fifi cause a stink whilst celebrating their second anniversary
and...
Shirley's a mother?!

WARNING: Like Episode 6, this episode has naughty implications and is a little darker.

Read and review!

Well, I spotted two certain references of When Harry Met Sally scenes. :lol:

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

PostPosted: Friday, November 04th, 2016 - 05:11:20 
Layout

Is it just me or is everything...primitive in this episode?

Three puppy-dog children join the gang as tensions between Plucky, Shirley and Cypress begin to strain.

Read and review!

To get into the mood, listen to these while you read!

PostPosted: Saturday, November 12th, 2016 - 09:54:49 
Layout

Want to know more about the Inkblots? Check these out:

And here's a fake one.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 108 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next