Acme Acres

Welcome Toonsters, to Acme Acres! Your place for all things Tiny Toon Adventures!
It is currently Thursday, June 29th, 2017 - 10:03:18

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 77 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: Thursday, February 04th, 2016 - 13:52:16 
Layout

Favorite Character(s): Hamton Fifi Plucky Shirley
When all seems lost, a deus ex machina comes soaring in from who knows where to save Hamton, Fifi, Plucky and Shirley! It's Doctor Lord in his Fokker Dr I!

The group takes to the air as the History 3000 teacher gives them a lift across the English Channel.

But first, they're going on a trip back to September 7th, 1940... Whether they want to or not!

Want to know more about Doctor Lord? Check him out in the amazing fanfic: A Time to Every Purpose Unto Heaven by Pepe-K!

http://pepe.ttafans.com/

Art by Smallj85

Post subject: Re: Fleche De Lard Art
PostPosted: Friday, February 19th, 2016 - 15:39:49 
Animaniac

Favorite Character(s): Fifi La Fume and Rita
They make like 1940. Other than the war, society was more pleasant back then.

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

PostPosted: Friday, February 19th, 2016 - 15:58:04 
Layout

Mr. Magic wrote:
They make like 1940. Other than the war, society was more pleasant back then.

I know, but they wanted to go to 17th Century Britain. Doctor Lord took them back to London during the Blitz!

Believe it or not, Lord's sequence was originally going to be much longer. The Triplane was going to engage in a dogfight against the German bombers as they flew over the attacks below. I shortened it when I realised that, while I thought it was pretty cool, it would distract the reader's attention from the main story.

Anyway... Do a Barrel Roll! Use the Brake! Use the Boost to get through! Slippy, get back here! :lol:

PostPosted: Monday, April 04th, 2016 - 01:52:41 
Layout

This is going to sound like a really, REALLY weird and mushy post, but I thought that I would show my appreciation for everything that Smallj85 done for me. He was the first person to comment on Fleche De Lard when I uploaded the first chapter onto FanFiction.net on 25th January 2015. During my work on the story, he sent private messages to me which made certain suggestions that I took on board. One of these was having Furball appear in the story as an ally to the group.

It's been a year since I brought the tale to an end, and today marks the first anniversary of this review:

"Great story! I was waiting a long while for chapter 10. I'm glad this story was all about Hamton and Fifi. I think it would be fun if there was like a graphic novel adaption of your story. Whomever is a professional artist, I would volunteer to do it if I was intellectual enough to able to memorize the plot line, and draw the characters just for the fun of it. Unfortunately! I'm not Carl Barks." https://www.fanfiction.net/r/10996988/

Why am I making such a big deal out of this particular review? Because it was the start of something amazing. :D He planted a seed in my mind the day he made that review. The idea of a comic book adaptation of my fanfic sounded interesting. I remember asking him if he knew anybody who could do it. To tell the truth, I wasn't really expecting him to know an artist, but I was surprised when he volunteered to draw some scenes based on the story.

I made three requests: The Shield-Surfing sequence, the Ballroom dance and H&F's musical moment. At the time, I didn't want to overwork him and assumed that these would be the only pictures he would draw.

Here are two of the three requests that he did for me:

To say that I was impressed by these would be the understatement of the decade. His attention to detail has always astounded and intrigued me. From the cobblestones and corridors in the Shield Surfing escape, to the chandeliers, balconies, candelabras and various characters in the OJ Party, to the Opera Stage, background and designs of the instruments in the Duet. It was overwhelming! 8-)

I am not exaggerating when I say that these drawings have a special place in my heart. It's rather humbling to see your story be retold in various drawings by someone who has a genuine interest in your work. When he sent the final request, I felt satisfied and assumed that this would be the last time we conversed or made any plans. Part of me felt sorry it was all over.

Then, he kept surprising me.

These are just a few of his excellent pictures. I particularly love the rural scenes. There's just a sense of vastness about them which feels like I'm looking at another world. There are times when I look at these pictures and wonder whether he went to France just to draw the scenery. The picture based on the Travelling Montage is a good example of seeing new things each time you look at it. I've only just noticed the city in the background of the panel where HFP&S do the Wizard of Oz parody. I never saw things like Notre Dame up until now. :lol:

A lot of people have said good things about his work:

Quote:
This picture just screams Tiny Toons, It's crazy, it's got tons of references, and above all else it's funny! I love it.

Quote:
I'm really impressed by it! Your friend Smallj85 is a natural!

He's done all these wonderful drawings and received some well-deserved praise...and it feels like he's only just started!

Not only have you drawn these smashing pictures, but you've helped me with my writing, too! I'll be crediting him when I write the episode of TPDS in which a character that he came up with meets and joins the group.

In fact, I should have credited him for The Plucky Duck Show in general alongside Injun-Joe and Mopar96!

I remember an email in which he suggested writing stories about Plucky and Furball respectively. I'm thinking of writing some more adventures with Furball, Rita and Runt after the events of the Christmas fic.

I'll credit him at the end of TPDS along with all the other writers who have helped me.

It is amazing how time has flown. Smallj85 is an amazing friend and colleague and it had been an honour for him to draw these lovely pictures for me. I thank the stars that I met him and I hope that we work together for many more years.

PostPosted: Monday, April 18th, 2016 - 13:49:17 
Musical Score

Favorite Character(s): buster, babs, plucky, hanpton,
i cant see the pics

PostPosted: Monday, April 18th, 2016 - 14:01:20 
Layout

toonster1 wrote:
i cant see the pics

They're awkward like that. :roll:

I'll have to see what I can do.

PostPosted: Tuesday, April 19th, 2016 - 20:40:05 
Musical Score

Favorite Character(s): buster, babs, plucky, hanpton,
ok

PostPosted: Friday, July 29th, 2016 - 10:08:59 
Layout

Smallj85 already draws great images, but now he's using a new way to create them. Here's what he says:

"I found a digital paint site that is compatible to my iPad called Medibang Paint. I had to do some experimenting with getting used to the tools for a while, and I am waiting to get a few more answers on how a few more tools work. I haven't scanned any of the hand drawn pictures in Medibang just yet. But onto the point with the sort of good news. It looks like from now on my drawings will finally be inked and colored in digitally and look a little more professional from now on. No more having to do everything by hand." - Smallj85

From now on, his pictures will be drawn and coloured in digitally. He sent me a sample image. You'll be able to recognise Plucky in his jesters attire, but he did some practice on the scene where the quartet spends the night at Constance's house, and Fifi reveals that she "lied" to Hamton.

PostPosted: Friday, July 29th, 2016 - 10:11:26 
Layout

Before he started drawing pictures based on the story, Smallj85 had told me that he wanted to make a comic book adaptation of Fleche De Lard.

Well, after seeing this scene based on Fifi voicing her concerns to Shirley...I really want to see this happen! :D

It's good to see what the characters look like with a splash of colour. Since Smallj is going to redo the ballroom dance with Hamton and Fifi in this style (digitally drawn and coloured) I can't wait to see more!

PostPosted: Saturday, July 30th, 2016 - 03:43:14 
Layout

Last year, Smallj85 sent me what I thought was the final drawing based on my fanfic. Now, with the help of his new art system, he has returned to H&F's musical picture and made it look absolutely stunning.

I hope you all like it as much as I do! :D

Last edited by Scarlet95 on Saturday, October 01st, 2016 - 04:09:18, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sunday, July 31st, 2016 - 22:57:41 
Animaniac

Favorite Character(s): Plucky,Hamton,SweetieDizzy etc
Sadly, some of these pictures aren't showing up for me. The few that are however are magnificent! :D

ImageImage

PostPosted: Wednesday, August 03rd, 2016 - 23:48:31 
Layout

Injun-Joe wrote:
Sadly, some of these pictures aren't showing up for me. The few that are however are magnificent! :D

I'm still trying to figure out how to show all these wonderful drawings to you all. :?

However, I hope you can see the digital pictures, such as the Harp and Tuba scene. I love them! :D It just goes to show that Smallj85 has come a long way. He's improved with every picture!

PostPosted: Wednesday, September 21st, 2016 - 02:15:30 
Layout

Just when I thought this picture couldn't look any more gorgeous, Smallj85 gives it a huge overhaul, not only adding colour to it, but some cool lighting effects with his new app! :mrgreen:

Hugh and Jean can throw an awesome OJ Party when they want to!

PostPosted: Monday, October 03rd, 2016 - 18:58:03 
Animaniac

Favorite Character(s): Fifi La Fume and Rita
That's right, Taz. Eat him up!

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

PostPosted: Tuesday, October 04th, 2016 - 15:24:44 
Layout

Mr. Magic wrote:
That's right, Taz. Eat him up!

The Annoying Orange picked the wrong party to gatecrash! :lol:

What do you think of the picture? :)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 77 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next