Acme Acres

Welcome Toonsters, to Acme Acres! Your place for all things Tiny Toon Adventures!
It is currently Thursday, June 22nd, 2017 - 16:21:17

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wednesday, July 22nd, 2015 - 20:13:19 
Musical Score

Favorite Character(s): Babs Bunny, Dot Warner
Has anybody ever seen this short? In it, the Warners help a group of extremely obsessed fans to give up on recording random trivia facts about the series. It's very, very meta. I feel as though this short is even more relevant today, what with the Internet being much more prevalent today than it was in the mid-nineties. Plus with the very existence of Wikis, as well as TV Tropes, it comes across more as a satire of fanbases in general instead of just their fanbase. :roll:

Here's the short in question:

On a completely unrelated note, I wonder if they accept Bronies? :lol:

My Twitter page
My DeviantArt page

PostPosted: Wednesday, July 22nd, 2015 - 22:17:28 
Musical Score

Favorite Character(s): Babs, Dot, Fifi, Gogo
Yeah, in later seasons they really quit caring about the old fourth wall. :lol:

I always found this one amusing. There's not too many shows that can make fun of their own fans, Family Guy being one of the other ones. It was interesting some of the stuff they pointed out, because some I noticed on my own and some I didn't. One that didn't get by me was when he recounts the facts in "Little Old Slappy From Pasadena". Being a car nut myself, and this one falling directly into my line of interest, I immediately caught on to the fact that she was driving a Dodge Viper, which relates somewhat to the song lyric "brand new shiny red Super Stock Dodge". Then he says that she races the Road Runner (which again wasn't lost on me), "which was the name of a Dodge Charger R/T variant in the '60s" but that in itself creates another nitpick for those guys. While the Road Runner and Charger were both on Chrysler's B-body platform the Road Runner was actually more directly a variant of the Dodge Super Bee, part of the Dodge Coronet line. That's just talking Dodge Division's counterparts, the Road Runner itself was really part of the Plymouth Belvedere line. :ugeek: But of those, the Charger R/T is the most recognizable to the general public so that's probably why they went with that. Another great part was when Yakko says to call before you rewind to see what was in the room in the opening shot. Which of course I did, the first time I saw it.
LittleLooney wrote:
I feel as though this short is even more relevant today, what with the Internet being much more prevalent today than it was in the mid-nineties.

I read somewhere that Animaniacs was one of the first shows to really have an Internet fanbase. I believe that's what ultimately led to this short.
LittleLooney wrote:
On a completely unrelated note, I wonder if they accept Bronies? :lol:

Also on a sort of unrelated note, it's interesting how one of the main reasons Animaniacs was cancelled was that the executives were unhappy about it having such a large adult fanbase, and now the same thing seems to be helping MLP thrive.

PostPosted: Wednesday, August 05th, 2015 - 12:19:14 
Toon

Favorite Character(s): Babs, Plucky
The Animaniacs trivia was taken from the Animaniacs reference Guide. When they showed it to the Animaniacs fan base one fan pointed out that they made a mistake on one of the facts.

PostPosted: Sunday, March 12th, 2017 - 16:32:16 
Toon

Favorite Character(s): Babs and Fifi
I remember this one they also did the same thing with Fanboy from freakzoid

PostPosted: Thursday, March 16th, 2017 - 08:32:14 
Toon

Favorite Character(s): Babs, Plucky
They also did something similar in Night Ghoullery, where Gogo is pestered by an overly obsessed fan asking him useless questions.