Acme Acres

Welcome Toonsters, to Acme Acres! Your place for all things Tiny Toon Adventures!
It is currently Monday, August 21st, 2017 - 09:55:49

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 146 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next
PostPosted: Tuesday, June 30th, 2015 - 08:18:22 
Layout

Favorite Character(s): Hamton Fifi Plucky Shirley
Hi all
I've been looking into the Archives at atariboy's ideas for a MUGEN style fighting game featuring the cast from TTA, Animaniacs and Pinky and the Brain. I must say, he does have some awesome ideas for what the character's move sets would be!

Looking at the designs for every character planted a seed in my mind. What if there was a fighting game in the vein of Super Smash Bros that featured characters from different WB franchises like:

Looney Tunes
Justice League
Private Snafu
Tiny Toon Adventures
Taz-Mania
The Plucky Duck Show
Animaniacs
Pinky and the Brain
Freakazoid
Harry Potter

When I thought of the move sets of the characters, I was inspired by some of the Nintendo moves. E.g. Yakko, Wakko and Dot would play similarly to the Ice Climbers, etc.

I just thought I'd share a bit of my ideas to you lot, since this idea of a fighting game came about prior to my work on Fleche De Lard. I was young and foolish back then.

PostPosted: Tuesday, June 30th, 2015 - 08:53:50 
Animaniac

Favorite Character(s): Fifi La Fume and Rita
Is this a story? If not, I'll have to move it to the Odds and Ends section.

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

PostPosted: Tuesday, June 30th, 2015 - 09:38:21 
Layout

Fifilover wrote:

Oops! :oops: Do forgive me!

No, it's not a story...but speaking of tales, there's a reason why The Plucky Duck Show has its own category.

Plucky, Shirley, Hamton and Fifi represent it rather than Tiny Toons.

But once again, I apologise for my carelessness.

PostPosted: Tuesday, June 30th, 2015 - 13:17:03 
Animaniac

Favorite Character(s): Plucky,Hamton,SweetieDizzy etc
I'd give anything to be able to play as Private Snafu in a fighting game! Nothing would ever top it...NOTHING!!! :D

ImageImage

PostPosted: Tuesday, June 30th, 2015 - 13:28:06 
Animaniac

Scarlet95 wrote:
Fifilover wrote:

Oops! :oops: Do forgive me!

No, it's not a story...but speaking of tales, there's a reason why The Plucky Duck Show has its own category.

Plucky, Shirley, Hamton and Fifi represent it rather than Tiny Toons.

But once again, I apologise for my carelessness.

Oh, don't feel bad. I just wanted to know if it was a story or not.

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

PostPosted: Monday, July 06th, 2015 - 00:40:44 
Layout

CROWD CHANTS

LOONEY TUNES

Bugs: “BUGS BUNNY, BUGS BUNNY, RAH, RAH, RAH!” (Mixed gender)
Daffy: (Crickets chirping)
Porky: “P-P-P-PORKY!” (Mixed gender)
Lola: “GO, GO, LOLA!” (Female voices)
Elmer: “EL-MER! EL-MER!” (Male voices)
Yosemite Sam: “RIDE ON, SAM! YEEE-HAW!!” (Female voices)

JUSTICE LEAGUE
Superman: “SUPER, SUPERMAN! SUPER, SUPERMAN!” (Mixed gender)
Batman: “YES YOU CAN…BATMAN!” (Female voices)
Wonder Woman: “YOU GO, WONDER!” (Mixed gender)

PRIVATE SNAFU
SNAFU: “LEFT, RIGHT, SNAFU! LEFT, RIGHT, SNAFU!” (Male voices)

TINY TOON ADVENTURES
Buster: “B-U-S-T-E-R…B-U-N-N-Y!” (Mixed gender)
Babs: “BA-BA-BA-BA-BARBARA ANN!” (Male voices)
Montana Max: “MAUL ‘EM, MONTY!” (Female voices)

TAZ-MANIA
Taz: “TAZ, TAZ, TAZ!” (Mixed gender)

THE PLUCKY DUCK SHOW
Plucky: “Yay, Plucky!” (Only one female)
Shirley: “GOOOOO, SHIRLEY!” (Mixed Gender)
Hamton: “HAMTON!” (Male voices) “J PIG!” (Female voices)
Fifi: “FIFI!” (Male voices) “OOH, LA, LA!” (Female voices)

ANIMANIACS
Yakko, Wakko and Dot: “YAKKO!” (High male voices) “WAKKO” (Low male voices) “DOT!” (Female voices)
Minerva: “MINER-VA! MINER-VA!” (Male voices)
Slappy: “SLAP ‘EM, SLAPPY!” (Female voices)

FREAKAZOID
Freakazoid: “FREAKAZOID! HUGGBEES!” (Mixed gender)

HARRY POTTER
Harry: “HARRY!” (Male voices) *Clap, Clap, Clap* “POTTER!” (Female voices) *Clap, Clap, Clap*
Voldemort: “TAKE ‘EM DOWN, TOM!” (Mixed gender)

THE LEGO MOVIE
Emmet: “EMMET! EVERYTHING IS AWESOME!” (Mixed gender)

UNLOCKABLES
Tom & Jerry: “MEOW! SQUEAK!” (Female voices)
Grinch: “You’re a mean one, Mr Grinch!” (Low male voices)
Scooby: “SCOOBY-DOOBY-DOO!” (Mixed gender)
Pinky & The Brain: “PINKY, PINKY & THE BRAIN, BRAIN, BRAIN, BRAIN, BRAIN!” (Low male voices)

PostPosted: Monday, July 06th, 2015 - 13:50:05 
Animaniac

I moved the post for you.

Great ideas for chants btw. :)

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

PostPosted: Monday, July 06th, 2015 - 14:52:00 
Layout

Fifilover wrote:
I moved the post for you.

Great ideas for chants btw. :)

Thank you!

Most of them are throwbacks to the character's respective series. Nobody cheering for Daffy is a reference to Space Jam.

I had to make up the ones for Shirley, Fifi and Hamton, though. Those three had an...interesting history.

They were not playable when I first had the idea. There were two (pathetic) reasons why they were decided against at the time:

1. I couldn't really think of any unique moves, taunts and victory animations for them. I wanted every character to have their own moveset. I recognise how hypocritical that statement is if you consider the fact that Babs is a clone character. (She's an alternate costume for Buster)

2. I thought that while it would be nice for the "Sensational Six" (and Monty) to be representing TTA, I think everybody and their dog knows who my favourite couple is. Shirley can be in the game without any problems, but I don't want to have any favouritism with Feef and Hammy like Sakurai has with Kirby.

Times have changed since then. Plucky, Shirley, Hamton and Fifi represent their spinoff show now, leaving Tiny Toons with only two reps.

If anybody has any suggestions as to what moves the other half of the Main Six could have, feel free to reply.

Redtop

Post subject: Announcer
PostPosted: Tuesday, July 07th, 2015 - 08:39:28 
Layout

Here are some examples of how the announcer would shout out the names of the fighters. He would be voiced by Brian Blessed. :D

LOONEY TUNES
BUGS!
Daffy
PORKY!
ELMER!
LOLA!
YOSEMITE SAM!

JUSTICE LEAGUE
SUPERMAN!
BATMAN!
WONDER WOMAN!

PRIVATE SNAFU
PRIVATE…Snafu?

TINY TOON ADVENTURES
BUSTER!
BABS!
MONTANA MAX!

TAZ-MANIA
TAZ!

THE PLUCKY DUCK SHOW
Plucky?
SHIRLEY!
HAMTON!
FIFI!

ANIMANIACS
YAKKO! WAKKO! AND DOT!
MINERVA!
SLAPPY!

FREAKAZOID
FREAKAZOID!

HARRY POTTER
HARRY!
LORD VOLDEMORT!

THE LEGO MOVIE
EMMET!

PostPosted: Tuesday, July 07th, 2015 - 14:10:47 
Animaniac

Favorite Character(s): Plucky,Hamton,SweetieDizzy etc
Just as long as Hamton has a move that involves him ramming a vacuum cleaner onto the opponent's head and letting it rip for some combo damage. I'll be happy. :mrgreen: If Elmyra were playable, I could see her doing something that would cause an uproar among fans, such as using Furball as a flail. :lol: Shirley is probably one of the easiest to come up with moves for, since she has mental powers and can use her aura, the real challenge would be making those abilities funny and cartoonish. Plucky on the other hand, there are so many different routes you could take with his move set. From his unpredictable wild takes, to his superhero personas, to all of his many crazy possessions(bagpipes, time machine, etc.) you could easily have six Plucky's on the roster and have them all by different, and still have a little left over. Not bad for Ol' Pluggy Doug! eh? :lol: :mrgreen:

ImageImage

PostPosted: Tuesday, July 07th, 2015 - 14:28:59 
Layout

Injun-Joe wrote:
Just as long as Hamton has a move that involves him ramming a vacuum cleaner onto the opponent's head and letting it rip for some combo damage. I'll be happy. :mrgreen: If Elmyra were playable, I could see her doing something that would cause an uproar among fans, such as using Furball as a flail. :lol: Shirley is probably one of the easiest to come up with moves for, since she has mental powers and can use her aura, the real challenge would be making those abilities funny and cartoonish. Plucky on the other hand, there are so many different routes you could take with his move set. From his unpredictable wild takes, to his superhero personas, to all of his many crazy possessions(bagpipes, time machine, etc.) you could easily have six Plucky's on the roster and have them all by different, and still have a little left over. Not bad for Ol' Pluggy Doug! eh? :lol: :mrgreen:

I'm still coming up with the movesets for Shirley, Fifi, Hamton and Montana Max, but I've an idea how they'd attack. I'm reconsidering redoing some of Plucky's attacks. When it comes to uproar, I decided to make Babs a clone of Buster in the form of an alternate costume (ala Wii Fit Trainer and Olimar) with different voice clips, taunts, etc.

When at first I considered leaving S,H&F out of the conceptual roster, I was going to do a Sakurai and make them DLC. :lol: I'll do that for Elmyra.

Post subject: Bugs Bunny: His Moveset
PostPosted: Tuesday, July 07th, 2015 - 14:56:32 
Layout

Warner Bros Fighting Game
BUGS BUNNY

The world’s funniest rabbit leads the way into battle! He’s from the Bronx, so he can be quite a scrapper.

Franchise Symbol
A silhouette of the famous Looney Tunes bull’s-eye

Victory Theme
The climax of the classic song “The Merry-Go-Round Broke Down” heralds this character’s victory

Appearance
Bugs’s appearance is based on how he appeared in some of his cartoons in the late 1940s. The only difference is that the colour of his fur is loosely (and I mean loosely) based on the second season of The Looney Tunes Show. His idle animations involve him either wiggling his bunny toes or brushing his gloved paws.

Battle Entrance
The WB shield zooms up to the stage, Bugs reclining on it. The rabbit gets off of it, and the shield disappears the same way it appeared.

Taunts
1. Bugs takes out a carrot, and munches on it. He looks at the camera and drawls “Eh…What’s Up, Doc?”
2. Bugs struts on the spot, swinging his fists
3. Bugs takes out a map and examines it, remarking “I knew I shoulda made a left toin at Albuquerque…”

Special Moves
Bugs usually doesn’t have to use violence against his adversaries, and usually prefers to outwit them. His attacks are based on his trickster traits.

Neutral B Attack: Carrots
Bugs throws carrots at his opponents, similarly to Peach’s Turnip attack. The carrots deal 5% if they hit any fighters. Bugs’s carrot-eating taunt could be used to scare opponents, as there is a very subtle difference between his attack and his taunt.

Side B Attack: Lucky Feet
Bugs launches himself foot-first either left or right. If the rabbit kicks anybody, they’ll deal 10%. It’s similar to the Falcon Kick attack, only without the fire. The kicker does have huge rabbit feet, though!

Up B Attack: Ear-borne
Bugs spins his ears like a helicopter and flies upwards. The ears will juggle opponents and deal 4% with every hit if Bugs initiates the attack beneath them. This attack can only last for so long so make sure Bugs is above something solid once he runs out of steam.

Down B Attack: Tunnel
Bugs spins like a drill and digs underneath the stage. The player can determine which way Bugs can go while he is underground. Press the B button again and Bugs will burst out of the ground with an uppercut which will deal 12%. However, opponents can see where Bugs is when he is tunnelling due to the earth upturning. If Bugs is in the air when the attack is initiated, he will do a downward spinning attack until he hits the ground. This spin will deal 6%.

THE WB BLAST: The Rabbit of Seville
This special attack is done in the form of a cutscene. Bugs does a spin change into his barber’s outfit from the eponymous cartoon, and shoves each opponent onto a chair. He takes out a throat razor and turns his back to the screen swinging it twice at each opponent, each swipe dealing 8%. Then, he puts each opponent in a salon hair dryer, which burns them and deals 10%, before finally planting an over-the-top kiss on them which deals 25% and is a meteor smash. Not only does this attack ruin your hair, but it KOs you!

Victory Animations
1. Bugs munches on a carrot and chuckles to the camera, asking “Ain’t I a stinker?”
2. Bugs does his dance (with scat-singing) from Hot Cross Bunny for five seconds before posing triumphantly.
3. Bugs appears to be making out with somebody. He turns to the screen revealing that it was an Oscar statue. He grins in embarrassment.

Clapping Animation
Bugs doesn't clap for the winner. His ears are flopped, his arms are folded, and he bears a fierce scowl. Well, somebody’s jealous, aren’t they?

Post subject: Daffy Duck: His Moveset
PostPosted: Tuesday, July 07th, 2015 - 14:58:23 
Layout

DAFFY DUCK

The screwy black duck who borders between crazy and jealous is playable in this game as well! If he can’t win the spotlight by acting, then he’ll just have to fight for it!

Franchise Symbol

Victory Theme
The climax of the classic song “The Merry-Go-Round Broke Down” heralds this character’s victory

Appearance
Daffy’s appearance is based mainly on what he looked like in the Chuck Jones shorts. With that said, he still retains some of his wacky traits that he had back in the 1930s. His idle animations involve him either brushing his arms or adjusting his bill.

Battle Entrance
Daffy flies over the stage, but suddenly falls as if he’s been shot down by a hunter. He lands on his head and flips himself upright.

Taunts
1. Daffy’s bill randomly bends upwards, impeding his vision. He angrily adjusts it.
2. Daffy turns to the screen and mutters “You’re Despicable!” in his lisping voice.
3. Daffy sticks out his tongue and says “Nyah!”

Special Moves
Daffy’s attacks reflect his literally split personality: his lust for fame and his screwball zaniness. See what you think of them.

Neutral B Attack: Tough Crowd
Daffy bows and blows kisses to the screen. As he does this, he is bombarded by tomatoes. If these fruit hit any opponents, they deal 6%. There is a 1/10 chance that roses will be thrown to the duck. They will deal 12% to opponents.

Side B Attack: Screwball Gymnastics
Daffy does a cartwheel across the stage which can go on for up to twelve seconds. If he collides with opponents, they will deal 5%. While he cartwheels, Daffy’s eyes go wonky and he does his trademark “HOO-HOO! HOO-HOO!”

Up B Attack: The Boot
A floating boot kicks Daffy’s butt, sending him flying. Daffy will deal 10% if he hits anyone while he is propelled upwards. If the boot hits any opponents, however, it will deal 25%, and could KO opponents.

Down B Attack: Feather Shield
Daffy’s been blasted so many times, he’s grown accustomed to having his feathers blown off. In battle, he can even use them as a shield! Four huge black feathers will surround Daffy akin to Mega Man’s Leaf shield. These feathers will protect him but they will disappear once they take the blow of an attack.

THE WB BLAST: Ultimate Trick
Daffy does a spin change into his red devil suit from Show Biz Bugs. He drinks nitro-glycerine, eats some gunpowder and swallows a match. He says “Girls, you better hold onto your boyfriends!” before jumping up and down. He then explodes, dealing 40% damage.

Victory Animations
1. Daffy runs around carrying an Oscar. He yells “It’s mine, it’s mine, I won, I won!” He is being chased by security, implying that he stole the award.
2. Daffy does his tap dance, complete with a straw hat. A cane is thrown to him from offscreen. The cane hits him on the head, knocking him over.
3. Daffy is handed a bouquet of roses…but they turn out to be sticks of dynamite. Just as he realises, they blow up. Daffy is reduced to a pile of ash with his eyeballs sitting on the top.

Clapping Animation
Daffy does a slow, sarcastic hand-clap, and sneers as if to say “I let you win”. Yeah. Suuuure, he did.

Post subject: Porky Pig: His Moveset
PostPosted: Tuesday, July 07th, 2015 - 15:00:46 
Layout

PORKY PIG

The oldest running Looney Tune is a playable character representing his franchise. He may not seem like the fighting kind, but whatever you do, DON’T make him angry.

Franchise Symbol

Victory Theme

Appearance
Porky’s most recent appearance was in The Looney Tunes Show. Therefore, he will look the same way he did in that programme. He looks shy and rather reluctant to fight…but that doesn’t mean he’ll be easy to beat! His idle animations include him either gently pawing the ground with his trotters, or patting his belly.

Battle Entrance
A bass drum which says LOONEY TUNES on the top and Produced by Leon Schlesinger on the bottom appears on the stage. Porky bursts out of it and waves at the screen before getting ready to fight.

Taunts
1. Porky does a little dance, giggling to himself.
2. Porky turns to the screen and says “I re-really hate this confl-uh-confli-uh-confl-uh…fighting!”
3. Porky sees a nickel on the ground. He picks it up and puts it into his pocket. Unfortunately, the pocket has a hole in it and the nickel falls out.
Special Moves
Porky, in his own shorts, has never been known to fight anybody. However, after studying some of his shorts and video games, I’ve tried to come up with a moveset for him. See what you think.

Neutral B Attack: Cupcakes
Porky throws some baked treats at opponents. These cakes deal 5% damage. Occasionally, the cream from these cakes will come off and slop onto the floor. If anybody walks over this cream, they’ll slip and fall over, similar to Diddy Kong’s Banana Peel. Unfortunately, Porky can also slip on the cream, so be careful where you step!

Side B Attack: Boxing Watch
Porky’s Gag prowess pays off here. Porky’s watch triggers a boxing glove which deals 15% damage. If opponents are blocking attacks, then the glove will stun them in a similar manner to Marth’s Shield Breaker.

Up B Attack: Prop Hopping
Porky uses an assortment of cartoon props to get airborne. He will climb up several objects. These objects vary from saucepans to safes. As he climbs up, the props will rain down. Smaller objects such as sinks will deal 7% damage and larger objects such as anvils can deal up to 25%. Porky can only take out up to four objects in order to climb. If he uses them all up, he will be helpless.

Down B Attack: Integrator Ray
Porky fires his “Cadet” gun at opponents, dealing 4% damage with each shot. This gun may not deal much damage, but in a similar manner to Falco’s Blaster and Zero Suit Samus’ Paralyzer, opponents will be stunned for five seconds, leaving them vulnerable.

THE WB BLAST: Pork Piggler
Porky places a glowing rock into his pocket, transforming him into the muscular and all powerful Pig of Action! Like Giga Bowser and Giga Mac, this brief power surge doesn’t last very long, but Porky’s attacks are much stronger than before, the damage dealt is increased by 10%.

Victory Animations
1. Porky waves at the screen, declaring “I em-emerge victor-uhh, victor-uhh, victor-uhh…I WON!!”
2. Porky shyly kicks the ground, blushing profusely.
3. Porky bursts out of a bass drum and declares “I-I-I won, folks!”

Clapping Animation
Porky cheerfully applauds. He’s really happy for the victor and has accepted that the best fighter won.

PostPosted: Tuesday, July 07th, 2015 - 15:03:30 
Layout

Warner Bros. Fighting Game
Private SNAFU

This is a character that could be debatable as to why they’re a playable fighter. Private SNAFU debuted in several cartoon shorts in the Second World War that were only shown for illiterate soldiers. Technically, SNAFU is not a Warner Bros. character. However, he was voiced by Mel Blanc, and his shorts were directed by several people who worked on the Looney Tunes shorts (e.g. Chuck Jones). Therefore, you could say he’s part of Warner Bros. history, and I feel there’s so much potential for him as a fighter.

SNAFU could represent the cartoons made during World War Two, not the racist parts, but the artillery side.

Franchise Symbol
The symbol representing Private SNAFU is a silhouette of his head that would appear before each cartoon.

Victory Theme
The five note song that plays at the beginning of his cartoons.

Appearance
SNAFU, since he never appeared in colour, is always in black and white. Even his weapons are the same two tones. He stands like you’d think a soldier should stand, with the stock of his rifle resting on his left shoulder. However, his idle animations involve him scratching parts of his body, or his helmet occasionally drooping over his eyes, which causes him to adjust it.

Battle Entrance
Private SNAFU parachutes in from a plane. He lands flat on his face and picks himself up.

Taunts
1. SNAFU turns to face the screen. He salutes, or at least tries to. Instead, he whacks his forehead with his hand. His eyes spin dizzily for five seconds before he shakes his head.
2. SNAFU pulls out a black and white American flag and marches on the spot for a few seconds.
3. SNAFU turns to face the screen. He sings “I’m da war’s greatest hero!!” before coughing violently, which ruins his high note.

Special Moves
SNAFU, despite being in the army, has always been portrayed as an incompetent fool. There are two reasons why:

1. His name is an acronym for “Situation Normal, All F*cked Up”
2. His cartoons were made for the sole purpose of teaching soldiers how not to act while in the forces.

Therefore, this trait is an important part of his moveset.

Neutral B Attack: Grenade
SNAFU takes out a grenade and aims it. The power of the explosion is charged and becomes stronger the longer SNAFU holds it. However, if the grenade is held for too long, it’ll blow up, temporarily stunning the private. The grenade can deal 6% at its lowest strength and 24% at its highest.

Side B Attack: Jeep
A jeep appears out of nowhere and SNAFU can drive it, similar to Wario’s bike attack. It deals 12% damage if it collides with another fighter. The jeep can change direction while it is being driven. However, the turning of the vehicle can be rather sluggish, so it may drive off edges, resulting in a KO.

Up B Attack: Parachute
Private SNAFU leaps into the air, a parachute deploying from his backpack, similar to Peach’s Parasol attack. This causes him to rise up slightly before he floats slowly down. This can leave his susceptible to attacks, and like Villager’s Balloon Fight move, the parachute can be torn, causing SNAFU to potentially fall. Because he’s SNAFU, he didn’t have a backup plan, so this’ll make him helpless, potentially causing him to fall to his doom.

Down B Attack: Machine Gun
SNAFU erects a machine gun which fires bullets that deal 5% damage. This damage can build up extremely quickly due to the rapidity of the bullets. However, as a Nazi soldier once reprimanded him for, SNAFU doesn’t look after his weapons. If the machine gun is used too much, it will overheat and melt. You won’t be able to use it for a while if this happens.

THE WB BLAST: Tank
Private SNAFU deploys a huge tank in a similar manner to the Landmaster. The tank can take up a stage if it is rather small. SNAFU can fire the tank’s gun, and drive the tank backwards and forwards, steamrolling other fighters. The climax of the attack, in Private SNAFU style, is the tank overheating and exploding, which deals 30% damage.

Victory Animations
1. SNAFU marches in from offscreen, chanting “Hup, two, t’ree, four”. When he reaches the middle of the screen, he shouts “About…TOIN!” He spins on the spot…and promptly falls over.
2. SNAFU has his back to the screen. As the camera zooms in, he turns to reveal that he has been looking at a picture of a naked Sally Lou. He grins in embarrassment.
3. SNAFU twirls his rifle like a baton. When he finishes, the rifle is aimed directly at him. He does a double take, before aiming it the other way.

Clapping Animation
SNAFU respectfully claps, although he doesn’t seem happy for the winner.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 146 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next