Acme Acres

Welcome Toonsters, to Acme Acres! Your place for all things Tiny Toon Adventures!
It is currently Thursday, July 20th, 2017 - 12:31:11

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 146 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
PostPosted: Monday, May 22nd, 2017 - 13:46:07 
Toon

Favorite Character(s): Babs, Plucky
Those were some pretty good descriptions. You really understand the shows characters well. I still wish that Digeri Dingo was a playable character.

PostPosted: Friday, May 26th, 2017 - 12:00:50 
Layout

Favorite Character(s): Hamton Fifi Plucky Shirley
PRIVATE SNAFU
PAINTINGS

Playable Fighters

Private SNAFU
First Appearance: "Coming!" (1943)
During the Second World War, every able man had to fight and serve their country. They needed to learn what to do and especially what not to do when in the forces. This is where Snafu comes in. He has a weird name: it's an acronym for "Situation Normal: All F-F-Fouled Up". Yes, Snafu is far from a competent soldier. In fact, a majority of his cartoons involve him messing up in some shape or form. But, he helps you learn!

WB Blast Paintings

Tank
First Appearance: "The Infantary Blues" (1943)
Being a soldier of the United States Army, Snafu has access to several types of fighting machinery. The tank is his favourite. It's big, it blows stuff up and you can squish people with it. The only problem is the fact that he's Snafu, and he doesn't look after anything. So, after a while, the tank will explode. You can't say this poor guy doesn't suffer for his work.

Supporting Characters

Technical Fairy: First Class
First Appearance: "Gripes" (1943)
When you're as incompetent and lazy as Snafu, it helps to have a guardian angel. Or a fairy with five o' clock shadow to get you back on the right track. This cigar-chomping pixie appears to knock some sense into the private whenever he acts out of line...which means he's never out of a job. Hopefully, if you're smarter than Snafu, you'll listen to what this savvy little guy has to say.

Goldie the Goldbrick
First Appearance: "The Goldbrick" (1943)
If Technical Fairy is the angel, then Goldie is the devil. This mellow sprite encourages people to get out of difficult army work by taking advantage of your peers or pretending to be sick. Anyone who is lazy and stupid enough to be enticed by Goldie will meet a sticky end. Let's just say if everyone was a goldbrick, then the war's outcome would be very different.

Malaria Mike
First Appearance: "Private SNAFU vs. Malaria Mike" (1944)
Soldiers have to get accustomed used to different environments very quickly. In Snafu's case, it's when he's stationed in a swamp, which is home to many blood sucking parasites that carry several life-threatening diseases. Malaria Mike is only one of these, and guess whose body he wants to stab? In real life, only female mosquitoes drink blood, whilst the males consume fruit and plants. Mike doesn't know this.

Sally Lou
First Appearance: "Censored!" (1944)
Sally Lou is the girlfriend of Snafu. She's working on the home front whilst he's away, so he misses her a lot. He tries to write to her whenever he can, but a majority of the time, his letters are censored. When Snafu finds out why...let's just say that loose lips sink ships and leave it at that. In fairness, however, Snafu's entire family can't keep a secret.

Last edited by Scarlet95 on Saturday, May 27th, 2017 - 09:16:28, edited 4 times in total.

PostPosted: Friday, May 26th, 2017 - 12:33:10 
Toon

Those were pretty solid and funny discriptions for the characters. I ecspecially liked how you explined the purpose for the SNAFU shorts in the first place. Glad you're giving people new to all this some history.

PostPosted: Saturday, May 27th, 2017 - 01:06:04 
Animaniac

Favorite Character(s): Plucky,Hamton,SweetieDizzy etc
Good ol' Malaria Mike, always good for a laugh! :D

ImageImage

PostPosted: Saturday, May 27th, 2017 - 10:02:18 
Toon

I remember him! He was a hilarious antagonist for SNAFU, and helped make soldiers use their repellent, netting, and good old fashioned horse sense. As SNAFU himself said, "I wished the heck I used them."

Post subject: Stages: Kon Ducki
PostPosted: Saturday, May 27th, 2017 - 14:16:25 
Layout

Kon Ducki

One of the best episodes of Tiny Toon Adventures is an unlockable stage in this fighting game. In fact, it's the stage where you fight Captain Pluck Heyerdahl (Plucky Duck) to unlock him!

Design

The Kon Ducki is essentially based on "The Great Sea". The fight takes place on the makeshift boat. The platforms consist of the car, the surrounding seats and the crow's nest. You can go into the sea, but like the characters in Smash Bros, you only have so long to stay afloat before you drown, so get back on deck as soon as you can.

Features

As the boat sails along, certain hazards occur. For example, the watergate will open and the boat will temporarily sink, leaving only the crow's nest and the roof of the car as platforms. Then, the ocean liner will appear and nearly collide with the Kon Ducki, only to screech to a halt and go around it. While it's a bright sunny day, this will quickly change to a violent storm, with waves sending the boat flying into the air. Anyone who's in the water will instantly drown when the storm occurs.

PostPosted: Saturday, May 27th, 2017 - 14:46:25 
Toon

That was great! Your chose the perfect episode to make a stage off of. Still disappointed there's no mango juice.

PostPosted: Saturday, May 27th, 2017 - 14:52:13 
Layout

Yakkofan4! wrote:
That was great! Your chose the perfect episode to make a stage off of. Still disappointed there's no mango juice.

How can I put things in that you want to be in the concept if you don't tell me what they are? :lol:

PostPosted: Saturday, May 27th, 2017 - 15:07:01 
Toon

I don't know. If you were to put in mango juice as a part of it, I think I would have a loung cair with mango juice you can use to distract your foes. When they come to sit and say the immortal words "Ah, mango juice!", the mizzenmast falls on them.

PostPosted: Monday, May 29th, 2017 - 07:52:10 
Layout

Yakkofan4! wrote:
I don't know.

That doesn't answer my question.

PostPosted: Monday, May 29th, 2017 - 08:22:10 
Toon

To properly answer it, what I meant was that I couldn't think of any other way besides explaining what I I want in the game. Maybe I shouldn't have been so vague the first time.

Post subject: Stages: Wacky Races
PostPosted: Wednesday, May 31st, 2017 - 14:37:10 
Layout

Wacky Races

While there aren't any playable characters from this Hanna Barbera franchise, that doesn't mean it won't be represented in some shape or form.

Design

The Wacky Races stage plays out essentially like "Big Blue". The battle takes place on top of the cars as they zoom along a course. These are:

Mean Machine
    Compact Pussycat
    Boulder Mobile
    Turbo Terrific
    Red Max
    Creepy Coupe
    Army Surplus Special
    Arkansas Chugabug
    Bulletproof Bomb
    Buzzwagon

Anyone who falls off the cars and onto the road will bounce off it and deal 10% damage.

Features

Of course, since the fight is taking place during a race, the platforms are inconsistent (e.g. The Red Max will occasionally get airborne). There will be obstacles that the respective racers will dodge and, occasionally, some of them will fall behind, running the risk of dealing an instant KO to fighters. Dick Dastardly and Muttley will also speed ahead and attempt to sabotage the race. This will cause different outcomes, so the fighters have to be careful of what may happen.

As an Easter egg, the Mystery Machine will also occasionally be seen in the race, usually before Scooby has been unlocked.

PostPosted: Wednesday, May 31st, 2017 - 19:02:59 
Toon

This seems like a fun one! The cars' abilities will certainly make this one unpredictable for players. Also, I'm glad you're finally giving Wacky Races some recognition. Usually, all WB cares about with H-B properties are Scooby Doo and Flinstones.

PostPosted: Saturday, June 03rd, 2017 - 02:12:15 
Layout

Just to be clear: this doesn't necessarily mean that there would be a story mode in my concept, since I always thought that the Subspace Emissary in Brawl was sluggish and poorly paced. However, I thought of coming up with the teams for the Amuck Adventure for a bit of fun.

Team 1
    Bugs
    Harry
    Buster
    Batman
    Slappy
    Hamton
    Hong Kong Phooey
    Wonder Woman
    Dumbledore
    Yakko, Wakko and Dot
    Captain Caveman

Team 2
    Minerva
    Fifi
    Porky
    Superman
    Taz
    Jake
    Snowball

Team 3
    Private Snafu
    Hunter
    Colleen
    Plucky
    Freakazoid
    Shirley
    Babs
    Lola
    Tom & Jerry

Team 4
    Daffy
    Scooby
    Elmer

Last edited by Scarlet95 on Saturday, June 03rd, 2017 - 10:30:27, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Saturday, June 03rd, 2017 - 07:53:11 
Toon

While the characters were just randomly placed in the teams, I still thought it was pretty good. Of all the teams, I'd probably pick team one, since it has both Slappy, the Warner Siblings, and Buster Bunny on it.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 146 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next