Acme Acres

Welcome Toonsters, to Acme Acres! Your place for all things Tiny Toon Adventures!
It is currently Wednesday, August 23rd, 2017 - 02:11:23

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 146 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
PostPosted: Saturday, May 13th, 2017 - 12:30:18 
Tiny Toon

Favorite Character(s): Babs, Plucky
You're welcome! Always here to give good feedback. Also, while I like your title, my title would work better, since you're including non Looney Tunes characters into the mix.

PostPosted: Sunday, May 14th, 2017 - 02:36:59 
Layout

Favorite Character(s): Hamton Fifi Plucky Shirley
Yakkofan4! wrote:
You're welcome! Always here to give good feedback. Also, while I like your title, my title would work better, since you're including non Looney Tunes characters into the mix.

Yeah, well while mine sounds too lame, yours would definitely work better, but it's too generic. We need it to stand out.

PostPosted: Sunday, May 14th, 2017 - 09:42:07 
Tiny Toon

I agree. Even I thought my title was too generic, even though it'd still fit better. How do you feel about calling it "Water Tower Warriors"?

PostPosted: Sunday, May 14th, 2017 - 13:33:23 
Layout

Yakkofan4! wrote:
I agree. Even I thought my title was too generic, even though it'd still fit better. How do you feel about calling it "Water Tower Warriors"?

Still generic, though.

WATER TOWER WARRIORS, though. Why didn't I think of that? :D That's a great idea! It's neutral and it suits all the WB Characters!

Last edited by Scarlet95 on Monday, May 15th, 2017 - 03:53:26, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sunday, May 14th, 2017 - 14:15:07 
Tiny Toon

Thank you! It took me 2 whole minutes to think of that name!

PostPosted: Thursday, May 18th, 2017 - 14:30:03 
Layout

As you know (or not know) Babs would be in my fighting game, but as an alternate skin for Buster akin to Alph for Olimar or the other Koopalings for Bowser Jr. So, she's essentially a clone.

However, I've been thinking. What if Babs was her own character and her gimmick involved copying the other characters similarly to Kirby?

There are pros and cons to this possibility:

Pros
    Babs is her own unique character
    It's a reference to one of her characteristics on Tiny Toon Adventures

Cons
    Babs's impressions would be the only real difference between her and Buster
    The Tiny Toon Adventures category would get a bit crowded. I've cheated by stating that Plucky, Shirley, Fifi and Hamton represent The Plucky Duck Show, but that's like the Yoshi franchise: Yoshi is still considered a Mario character

What are your thoughts?

PostPosted: Thursday, May 18th, 2017 - 18:36:40 
Tiny Toon

That's a great idea! Along with giving Babs limitless possibilities, it's a nice shout out to her shtick on Tiny Toons.

PostPosted: Sunday, May 21st, 2017 - 13:48:25 
Layout

With regards to a single player mode, WTT would play out similarly to Brawl.

Stage 1: DC Comics
    Player fights either Superman, Batman or Wonder Woman

Stage 2: Spinoffs
    Player fights either Private SNAFU, Taz, Jake, Plucky, Shirley, Hamton or Fifi

Stage 3: Hanna-Barbera
    Player fights either Tom & Jerry, Scooby-Doo, Hong Kong Phooey or Captain Caveman

Bonus Game: Capture the Flag

Stage 4: Freakazoid/Road Rovers
    Player fights either Freakazoid, Hunter or Colleen

Stage 5: Looney Tunes
    Player fights either Bugs, Daffy, Porky, Lola, Elmer or Sam

Stage 6: Animaniacs
    Player fights either Yakko, Wakko and Dot, Minerva or Slappy

Stage 7: Harry Potter
    Player fights either Harry, Dumbledore or Voldemort

Stage 8: Pinky and the Brain
    Player fights either Pinky and the Brain or Snowball

Stage 9: Tiny Toon Adventures
    Player fights either Buster or Monty

Stage 10: Random
    Player fights three random characters that have not been engaged yet

Stage 11: P.A.I.N.T
    Player fights P.A.I.N.T

PostPosted: Sunday, May 21st, 2017 - 14:20:59 
Tiny Toon

While I like how you set it up similarly to Super Smash Brothers, what does WTT stand for?

PostPosted: Sunday, May 21st, 2017 - 14:25:48 
Layout

Yakkofan4! wrote:
While I like how you set it up similarly to Super Smash Brothers, what does WTT stand for?

I've just realised it's incorrect. It should be WTW.

WATER TOWER WARRIORS

PostPosted: Sunday, May 21st, 2017 - 14:34:13 
Tiny Toon

Thanks for using my name! I feel so honored!

PostPosted: Sunday, May 21st, 2017 - 15:02:08 
Animaniac

Favorite Character(s): Plucky,Hamton,SweetieDizzy etc
Scarlet95 wrote:
With regards to a single player mode, WTT would play out similarly to Brawl.

Stage 1: DC Comics
    Player fights either Superman, Batman or Wonder Woman

Stage 2: Spinoffs
    Player fights either Private SNAFU, Taz, Jake, Plucky, Shirley, Hamton or Fifi

Stage 3: Hanna-Barbera
    Player fights either Tom & Jerry, Scooby-Doo, Hong Kong Phooey or Captain Caveman

Bonus Game: Capture the Flag

Stage 4: Freakazoid/Road Rovers
    Player fights either Freakazoid, Hunter or Colleen

Stage 5: Looney Tunes
    Player fights either Bugs, Daffy, Porky, Lola, Elmer or Sam

Stage 6: Animaniacs
    Player fights either Yakko, Wakko and Dot, Minerva or Slappy

Stage 7: Harry Potter
    Player fights either Harry, Dumbledore or Voldemort

Stage 8: Pinky and the Brain
    Player fights either Pinky and the Brain or Snowball

Stage 9: Tiny Toon Adventures
    Player fights either Buster or Monty

Stage 10: Random
    Player fights three random characters that have not been engaged yet

Stage 11: P.A.I.N.T
    Player fights P.A.I.N.T

I'm lovin' it! :mrgreen:

ImageImage

PostPosted: Sunday, May 21st, 2017 - 15:03:10 
Animaniac

Favorite Character(s): Plucky,Hamton,SweetieDizzy etc
Yakkofan4! wrote:
Thanks for using my name! I feel so honored!

It was a really great name. I like how it rolls off the tongue. :)

ImageImage

PostPosted: Sunday, May 21st, 2017 - 16:12:01 
Tiny Toon

Thanks to you too! It took me quite some time to think of such a creative name. I would've called it WB warriors, but I decided Water Tower Warriors was a little more original.

PostPosted: Monday, May 22nd, 2017 - 07:31:35 
Layout

TAZ-MANIA
PAINTINGS

Playable Fighters

Taz
First Appearance: “Devil May Hare” (1954)
Taz the Tasmanian Devil isn’t exactly the sharpest tool in the shed. He will eat anything which has the misfortune of happening upon him, such as lions, tigers, elephants, buffaloes, donkeys, giraffes, octopuses, rhinoceroses, moose, ducks and especially rabbits. For some reason, he doesn’t eat his favourite delicacy very often, on account of one particular rabbit being difficult to devour. He always manages to take a few bites out of a screwy black duck, though.

Jake
First Appearance: “The Dog the Turtle Story” (1991)
Jake is a young, impressionable child. Like his mother, he’s a jack of all trades, and his membership to the Bandicoot Scouts is proof of this. With that said, he can’t decide what he wants to be: a superhero, a mailman and marrying Heather are just a few of his many ambitions. He’s still young, however, and he has time to decide: just so long as he doesn’t take a leaf out of Taz’s book, he’ll go far.

WB Blast Paintings

Tasmanian Tornado
One of Taz's few talents is to spin at a remarkable velocity which enables him to burrow underground and even throw solid rock. However, if he puts his mother, father and sister together, they can create a huge tornado that sucks up anyone unfortunate enough to be in its path. Although Hugh, Jean and Molly can spin, but not as often as their eldest son/brother, they're always willing to help him out when it comes to battling it out.

The Supreme Jake
Is it a bird? Is it a plane? Whatever it is, it's bombarding the battleground with soccer balls. Jake has a huge imagination, and when he imagines that he's an all-powerful superhero, he can become one, but only for a few seconds. Even superheroes get tuckered out every once in a while. Even so, he'll make sure that everyone enters a world of hurt!

Supporting Characters

Hugh
When you’re the head of a family of Tasmanian Devils, once of which is Taz, you’d expect the patriarch to be vicious and ravenous…or at the very least, bad-tempered. Hugh is far from this, being the most laid back marsupial from down under. Having a habit of being long-winded, Hugh cuts to the chase with a mellow “Blah, blah, blah, yakety, schmakety” before offering a tall, cool glass of his coveted beverage: orange juice, or as he likes to call it, OJ. (Yay!)

Jean
Jean is a loving, devoted mother. In fact, she’s not just devoted to her husband and three kids. She’ll be attending the Women’s Auxiliary meeting, repainting the elementary school parking lot, rewiring the electrics in the house and countless other jobs. But she still has time to be a homemaker. If you looked up ‘multitasking’ in a dictionary, you’d probably find a picture of Jean!

Molly
Molly is the middle child. She’s younger than Taz, but older than Jake. She finds her elder brother annoying, especially when he’s being himself. It’s difficult being a teenager as well. She has to deal with deciding which member of New Chips of the Block is her favourite and make sure she’s visited every shop at the mall. For all her qualms, however, she loves her brothers. Provided they don’t mess with her belongings, that is.

Dog
Dog is a turtle…who thinks he’s a dog…but in real life, he’s a turtle. Taz first discovered him caught in a trap, and ever since he was freed, Dog couldn’t stay away from his spinning saviour. It was the start of a beautiful relationship. At least, we think it is. Nevertheless, Dog has been a member of the Devil family for many years, and they accept him no matter what species he is…and isn’t.

Bull Gator
This alligator has one goal in mind: to capture Taz. Don’t worry, though. He has his reasons. Bull wants all the zoo-going children of the world to see a real life Tasmanian Devil, and although Taz often beats him up or tries to eat him, he’ll never give up. Bull is very savvy about his job and takes it very seriously, both as a hunter and an actor. He studied Stanislavski after all!

Axl
Bull can’t hunt a Tasmanian Devil alone, and that’s where Axl comes in. He’s the perfect foil for his boss: he’s bright-eyed, bushy-tailed and stupid. At least, that’s what his job description requires him to be. He’s earned a degree in quantum physics and knows every part of being a sidekick. Of course, when he forgets, Bull is willing to give him a lesson. Let’s just say that sense gets knocked into him every time.

The Platypus Brothers
First Appearance: “Airborne Airhead” (1991)
Timothy and Daniel are the Platypus Brothers. They’re two incredibly intelligent siblings who are good friends with Taz. They’re scientists as well, and it’s hard to tell whether Taz is doing them a favour or he’s being roped in when he carries out their experiments. What’s strange, though, is that even though these mixed up mammals are competent at inventing, every musical instrument they use blows up.

Constance Koala
First Appearance: “A Devil of a Job” (1991)
This cute ursine has a big heart…and a big everything. She’s the maid at the Hotel Tazmania, and she’s had a crush on Taz before. He’s completely unaware of it, though. Perhaps she’s realised this, as she once tried to get the autograph of a famous wrestler. The wrestler in question learned the hard way that Constance doesn’t stay sweet when her friends are in trouble.

Mr Thickley
Is there anything this wallaby can’t do? Yes. Everything. Mr Thickley works alongside Taz and Constance at the Hotel Tazmania. But nobody knows what he does. He changes his occupation every time. With every job he changes, he claims to be an expert on it. But he’s far from arrogant. A bit overly enthusiastic, but not arrogant. He’s not competent, either.

Bushwhacker Bob
This man looks like he’s related to Yosemite Sam. He’s got the fiery temper, but not the threatening demeanour. He’s the incompetent manager of Hotel Tazmania and is the sort of person who expects things to improve without doing any work himself. He often gets kicked around either by the disgruntled guests, inadvertently by his employees or by his mother.

Mum
Mum is Bushwhacker Bob’s parent, and the only one ever seen. Although she only reaches her son’s waist with regards to height, she has more authority than him. With that said, she’s much nicer than Bob and pretty much runs the hotel. She was the one who wanted Taz to work there after all. They needed a genuine Tasmanian Devil and Taz needed money to buy a motorbike! It was a win-win situation for both parties.

Digeri Dingo
First Appearance: “Devil in the Deep Blue Sea” (1991)
With a friend like Digeri Dingo, who needs enemies? Digeri is Taz’s best friend. Taz would do anything for him…and he takes advantage of this. Taz and Digeri share a love of bottle cap collecting and have made it their mission to collect every single one. They’re usually found in dangerous, hazardous places, so Taz traverses each one whilst Digeri supervises. They make a great team!

Wendell T. Wolf
First Appearance: “Woeful Wolf” (1991)
Tasmanian Wolves are dying out, and this particular one is well aware of it. Wendell is a neurotic, paranoid, hypochondriac canine. He’s lived a good life…in his dreams. It’s a bit depressing, really. When he meets Taz, Wendell is enthralled by his brute strength and strives to make him his best friend. Unfortunately, Taz not only finds him annoying, but he’s creeped out by this attention as well.

Francis X. Bushlad
First Appearance: “Frights of Passage” (1991)
This aboriginal lad has reached his thirteenth birthday, and must complete a certain task in order to win his manhood. His tribe, the Mudmen, are actually rather intelligent and extremely savvy when it comes to economics, and Francis fears that they’re forgetting their heritage because of this. So, he decides to capture a Tasmanian Devil for his right of passage. Unfortunately for him, that means catching Taz. He’ll never become a man…even when he becomes one!

Buddy Boar
First Appearance: “Kee-Wee ala King” (1991)
Buddy can be a perfect swine sometimes, and that’s not because he is one. Every teenager has an idea of what they want to do for a living, and Buddy seems to be dead set on being an agent: a Hollywood agent. Although he’s one of Taz’s closest friends, he seldom appears. That’s because he got promoted (so he insists) to a director and often works offscreen. Nobody has any complaints with this.

The Kee-Wee
First Appearance: “Kee-Wee ala King” (1991)
Taz and Digeri love bottle caps. So does this nippy little bird, although its intentions for acquiring the coveted collectables are completely different. The Kee-Wee must be related to both magpies and the Roadrunner. No amount of Taz’s brute-strength or gadgets at Digeri’s disposal can catch it. Not only is it fast, but it’s crafty. Don’t let its blank expression fool you.

Willie Wombat
First Appearance: "Wacky Wombat" (1993)
Living in the Outback is the kindest, sweetest and all around good guy: Willie Wombat. Although the writers seem to be obsessed with typecasting him as a wacky trickster akin to Bugs Bunny. But Willie doesn't want to be like Bugs. He wants to be nice. But, as the employees at Warner Bros Studios once found out, you shouldn't push him too hard. Nice guys have their limits, you know.

Last edited by Scarlet95 on Friday, May 26th, 2017 - 12:01:41, edited 5 times in total.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 146 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next