Acme Acres

Welcome Toonsters, to Acme Acres! Your place for all things Tiny Toon Adventures!
It is currently Monday, May 22nd, 2017 - 13:33:29

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sunday, January 18th, 2015 - 13:43:43 
Pencil Test

Favorite Character(s): Rita and Runt
So, this guy on Tumblr has made a blog in which he reviews EVERY episode of Animaniacs! (plus Star Warners and Wakko's Wish). Some of his works are amazing, and every single entry contains lots of screenshots and technical details about the making of the episodes, some animation errors, and even the variable verse of the intro and the joke in the outro.

The reviews are never taken lightly too, so what we have here it's a pretty solid reference material to solve our doubts about the series (and we know we have a lot of those). One thing I don't like though, is that he seems to be particularly harsh towards Akom and Freelance, punishing things that would normally be ok (and that happens in almost every installment in which either of those studios worked on the series). So, there's that.

Enjoy, my fellow nutcases!

Last edited by Moonlight on Friday, April 17th, 2015 - 20:43:11, edited 3 times in total.

PostPosted: Sunday, January 18th, 2015 - 22:18:47 
Musical Score

Favorite Character(s): Babs Bunny, Dot Warner
I've seen this blog before and actually read all the way through it. Yeah, I really wish he wouldn't have gotten off on Freelance and Akom as much as he did because they did the animation on a few of my favorite episodes. :roll: Also, some of the segments he disliked I liked, and vice versa. Other than that, most of his opinions matched mine. :ugeek:

Another blog you may be interested in is one I came across recently where this guy is trying to watch and review all 1000 Looney Tunes cartoons originally produced. Take a look here for yourself. It's quite an interesting read. My only gripe is that he doesn't update it often enough. :x His latest post is dated December 21, 2014.

My Twitter page
My DeviantArt page

PostPosted: Tuesday, January 20th, 2015 - 12:03:38 
Toon

Favorite Character(s): Babs and Fifi
I will try to check it out

PostPosted: Thursday, February 05th, 2015 - 23:06:05 
Musical Score

Favorite Character(s): Babs, Dot, Fifi, Gogo
Moonlight wrote:
So, this guy on Tumblr has made a blog in which he reviews EVERY episode of Animaniacs! (plus Star Warners and Wakko's Wish). Some of his works are amazing, and every single entry contains lots of screenshots and technical details about the making of the episode, some animation errors, and even the variable verse of the intro and the joke in the outro.

The reviews are never taken lightly too, so what we have here it's a pretty solid reference material to solve our doubts about the series (and we know we have a lot). One thing I don't like though, is that he seems to be particularly harsh towards Akom and Freelance, punishing things that would normally be ok (and that happens in almost every installment in which either of those studios worked on the series). So, there's that.

Enjoy, my fellow nutcases!

Wonderful, now I have something else to take up every last second of my spare time. As if reading "Family" isn't enough. :roll: :lol: Seriously though, this seems pretty cool, I'm going to have to get into reading this soon.

PostPosted: Friday, April 17th, 2015 - 20:26:57 
Musical Score

Favorite Character(s): Babs, Dot, Fifi, Gogo
Well, I've now read the whole thing. Given how in-depth some of the reviews are and some of the production details and what all else, if nothing else it's kind of nice that there's someone out there who makes my obsession with Animaniacs look more...sane. :lol: Seriously though, it was a really good read, as he points out a lot of things I've never noticed or never thought about. I definitely learned a lot about Startoons. Some of his opinions I shared, but there were some cartoons that I like a lot that he had nothing good to say about. Though, as he says in the last post:
Quote:
For every person that loves every single thing about it and apologizes for even its worst elements, there’s someone else who thinks it’s unredeemable trash that represents everything wrong with '90s animation.

I'm definitely in the first category there. Even the worst cartoons I can't dislike completely. I think it's great that someone took the time to do something like this. As much as I love Animaniacs, I probably couldn't have done a project like that. So, Legion1979, I salute you! :)

PostPosted: Wednesday, April 19th, 2017 - 10:42:27 
Toon

Favorite Character(s): Babs, Plucky
I've read all of it, and I agree with a lot of his points. Despite being a fan of the series, he still admits that the show wasn't perfect had its occasional duds.