Acme Acres

Welcome Toonsters, to Acme Acres! Your place for all things Tiny Toon Adventures!
It is currently Wednesday, April 26th, 2017 - 21:27:55

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sunday, October 25th, 2009 - 08:42:30 
Animaniac

Favorite Character(s): Fifi La Fume and Rita
With Babs as the conductor. :)

(Link removed by Framwinkle)

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

PostPosted: Sunday, October 25th, 2009 - 10:50:14 
Site Admin

Favorite Character(s): Babs Bunny
Sorry, but I had to take out your link to the video. That cartoon is actually on the DVDs, so I can't allow links to it.

This cartoon was the third in the episode "It's Buster Bunny Time", after "Bag That Bunny" and "Lifestyles of the Rich and Rotten", and I think it is one of my favorite cartoons. The animation is nice and clean, probably done by TMS I'd guess, and it's got plenty of funny scenes. One thing, I think, that helps it is that there are scenes that break up the monotony. Sure, falling anvils on Plucky is good, but it would get boring if that were the whole cartoon. Instead, it breaks now and then with things like Plucky protesting the script, asking where anvils come from, and so on. I like how the anvil actually stops in mid-air when he asks that question, too. :)

This cartoon does make Buster and Babs out to be a bit mean, at least to Plucky, but considering all the times Plucky was often a jerk to them anyway, scemeing and using his friends to his own advantage, I never minded if someone got some payback once and a while. Besides, like Chekov in Star Trek, he had such a good scream that it just had to be used, often. ;)

"We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission; which is the stage of the darkest periods of human history, the stage of rule by brute force." - Ayn Rand.
http://www.framwinkle.com
Image Image Image

PostPosted: Monday, June 11th, 2012 - 20:44:44 
Tiny Toon

Favorite Character(s): Plucky,Hamton,SweetieDizzy etc
I remember hating Buster and Babs quite a bit after watching this as a child. It took me a while to forgive them of such cruelty, especially since they were doing this to someone who was supposedly their friend. It'd be somewhat understandable if Plucky had done a bunch of violent things to Buster & Babs throughout the episode, but really all he was guilty of was wanting to be on the show. I know he was being a little insulting but they were already treating him like crap from the very beginning of this episode. I've cooled my heels on "The Anvil Chorus" a little bit since my childhood. Still I find it bizarre that Buster & Babs visited far more physical abuse onto Plucky here than any legitimate villain the show would ever see.("Ducklahoma"'s even worse because Buster not only brutalized the heck out of Plucky for what was once again a miniscule offense but also a bunch of characters who weren't even involved in the episode!) Other than that I like this episode, from Calamity acting as a gun for hire so to speak, in order to catch Buster for Elmyra to Buster & Babs trying to give the audience a tour of Monty's mansion in a parody of "Lifestyles of The Rich and Famous" it's a good ride. Seeing Arnold in any capacity is always a plus. At any rate, it's a darn good episode, I just have mixed emotions about it's final segment. :roll:

ImageImage