Acme Acres

Welcome Toonsters, to Acme Acres! Your place for all things Tiny Toon Adventures!
It is currently Monday, August 21st, 2017 - 09:57:03

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Would you except them?
PostPosted: Tuesday, August 26th, 2014 - 16:14:14 
Animaniac

Favorite Character(s): Plucky,Hamton,SweetieDizzy etc
It's a question I ask myself every once in a while. In the back of my head is always the thought that someday, somehow a new series based on Tiny Toon Adventures will come to fruition. :? There have been topics similar to this before, but here I'm just asking it flat out. If a modern take on the Acme Loo crew were to happen, it's far more than likely that a bunch of the characters would be altered from their original selves, some would probably have a completely new personality or even a dramatically different appearance. :o Some characters might not develop the same relationships with each other as they had in the original series. :| Would you even try to except them in whatever new forms and personas they would have :?:

As a long time fan of DC comics, I am used to seeing characters I grew up with receiving extremely drastic makeovers. Heck, it happens every time there's a new animated series! ;) The makeovers are usually fascinating to say the least, on a few rare occasions the re-imaginings are superior to the original in every aspect. But, sometimes re-imaginings can be horrible! Just look at virtually everything ever made regarding Harley Quinn that didn't have Bruce Timm and Paul Dini at the helm, good gravy! :shock: (mind you, I'm mostly talking about the comics and videogames depicting Harley.)

So what do you think? What changes do you think would be made to the TTA cast and would you like them? :ugeek:

ImageImage

PostPosted: Wednesday, August 27th, 2014 - 14:38:20 
Animaniac

Favorite Character(s): Fifi La Fume and Rita
I wonder if some of the characters would remember each other.

Would Fifi remember Hamton and the good time they had at the Prom?

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

PostPosted: Thursday, August 28th, 2014 - 02:08:24 
Animaniac

The continual running theme of Hamton and Fifi engaging in a romantic relationship(more often than not simply implied)was always one of the more fascinating and unique things in Tiny Toon Adventures. It was a romance that you'd think could simply never be, and yet it was! :lol:

It'd be phenomenal if the theoretical reboot paid homage to it. Maybe not right away, but later on in the shows run when both characters have been thoroughly burned in the pursuit of finding love, only to find it where neither of them never expected. ;) Pretty much like the original. Only hopefully the new show would do more with it on screen. :roll:

Plus, it'd be gaspingly funny to hear the denizens of Fanfiction.net howl in despair. :mrgreen:

ImageImage

PostPosted: Saturday, August 30th, 2014 - 03:10:31 
Animaniac

The most obvious changes would probably be made to Shirley. Her valley girl dialect would be mostly lost on today's children. In fact, I think it's almost a certainty that Shirley would receive a huge character change. :| But who knows? Maybe they'd keep the valley girl stuff, it is quite endearing is it not? ;)

ImageImage

PostPosted: Saturday, August 30th, 2014 - 11:29:36 
Animaniac

Would Babs be unfunny and become that boring side of hers in Senserely Yours, Babs?

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

PostPosted: Saturday, August 30th, 2014 - 11:35:36 
Animaniac

Injun-Joe wrote:
The most obvious changes would probably be made to Shirley. Her valley girl dialect would be mostly lost on today's children. In fact, I think it's almost a certainty that Shirley would receive a huge character change. :| But who knows? Maybe they'd keep the valley girl stuff, it is quite endearing is it not? ;)

No, she would change.

Ladies stopped sounding like Shirley and Buffy the Vampire Slayer years ago.

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

PostPosted: Thursday, March 17th, 2016 - 18:06:49 
Tiny Toon

Favorite Character(s): Babs, Plucky
Since Valley girls and new agers have fallen out of style I think they would turn her into a Goth. It would be hilarious seeing her recite depressing love poetry, wear all black, and listen to death metal.

PostPosted: Thursday, March 17th, 2016 - 18:43:17 
Animaniac

It would be pretty hard to accept a cartoon character's change. If one became too pale, boring and unfunny, I would be like "This is not the (Insert name) that I know!"

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

PostPosted: Tuesday, March 22nd, 2016 - 10:19:48 
Tiny Toon

I agree. Change can be hard to except. The change can work only if good writers gave her an interesting and funny new personality. What do you think that they will change her personality to be?

PostPosted: Tuesday, March 22nd, 2016 - 12:28:24 
Animaniac

Yakkofan4! wrote:
I agree. Change can be hard to except. The change can work only if good writers gave her an interesting and funny new personality. What do you think that they will change her personality to be?

I have to ask:

Why do you always delete a post and then post it again?

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

PostPosted: Tuesday, March 22nd, 2016 - 16:28:30 
Tiny Toon

I delete most posts that nobody has replied to yet. I repost it to get people to notice it and reply to it. I only repost if I think what I'm saying is worth it. I'm just into running conversations rather than just me replying. I don't know why I do it myself. Also, I don't always do that. I only did it on 2 threads. Most habits last longer than that. This will be the only time it'll happen. If it annoys you I'll stop. To get back on topic, how do you think they'll change her?

PostPosted: Tuesday, March 22nd, 2016 - 20:27:30 
Animaniac

As long as it's something positive, I'm okay with it.

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

PostPosted: Wednesday, March 23rd, 2016 - 14:25:21 
Animaniac

I have a goliath of a mountain of instances throughout my life where I ended up not warming up to a major character change. :| One of the very earliest examples was with Daffy Duck. I spent maybe three whole years if not longer with nothing but the Daffy Duck from before 1948 when I was little. That was Daffy to me, and for the most part it still is. I remember becoming enraged when I first saw the likes of Duck Amuck, the speedy cartoons and the Wabbit season trilogy. :evil: I was like "WHAT IS THIS LAME CRAP?!!! COME ON DAFFY! DON'T LET THEM DO THAT TO YOU!!! HOO HOO OUT OF THERE AND GIVE THEM THE RUN AROUND BEATDOWN!" I was also at a loss of words at Daffy's sudden shift in attitude and behavior. Although my vitriol has been scaled back a bit with age, and I can appreciate the merits of some of the later Daffy cartoons, it always just feels like I'm watching some other character in Daffy's skin, rather than Daffy himself. This is why I warmed up to Plucky so much. While Daffy Duck was in no possible way ever meant to be a greedy, egotistical, weathered grouch, Plucky was! Unlike his mentor, Plucky Duck was intended from the very beginning to be that way. This is why I sometimes wish that they had just let Daffy be himself in TTA more often. They did on a few fleeting occasions but it was not nearly enough. Wacky Daffy and cynical Plucky would've made for some excellent contrasts and interactions together. 8-) There were some faint flashes of something great, but alas, duck season won out.

I wonder if I'd be that way with any of the TTA characters should a reboot ever occur. ;)

ImageImage

PostPosted: Wednesday, March 23rd, 2016 - 18:01:55 
Tiny Toon

I agree. After watching the Bugs vs Daffy cartoons I am beginning to feel sorry for Daffy. In the wabbit trilogy all Daffy's trying to do is save his skin but since Bugs can do no wrong Daffy falls for it every time. In Show biz bugs Daffy wanted someone to like his act but the audience never gives him a chance, driving him to kill himself. Every time I watch that one I applaud Daffy and give Bugs silence. Cartoon Network finally let Daffy win the big showoff where Elmer shoots bugs, to Daffy's confusion. Chuck jones changed Daffy to make him more relatable. According to him, "I dream of being Bugs Bunny but when I wake up I'm Daffy Duck."

PostPosted: Thursday, March 24th, 2016 - 16:25:15 
Animaniac

It would probably be a good experiment to put about 4 long-time Tiny Toons fans in a room to see which characters they like best:

The original ones or the changed ones.

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage