Acme Acres

Welcome Toonsters, to Acme Acres! Your place for all things Tiny Toon Adventures!
It is currently Tuesday, August 22nd, 2017 - 18:39:12

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Saturday, August 02nd, 2014 - 23:33:14 
Comedy Beat

Favorite Character(s): Rita and Runt
Hey there,
I've come across this forum on a search for Rita and Runt music, specifically from the episode 'Puttin on the Blitz'. The only remaining video on youtube after a two parter of all of Rita's numbers was removed, of these particular numbers are in either French or Spanish. Not helpful, I'm not bilingual.

I've got 'A Place Called Home' on my iphone but the Puttin on the Blitz files from the same source were no good and now the source is gone.
Anyway this looked like a fun place where users might know something so I decided to check it out.

I'm 27 and majoring in Graphic Design. I'm mostly into the supernatural genre and the Food Network channel.
Besides photoshop, I'm also into writing though I guess I'm a bit ADD with it as due to distractions, change of interests and perfectionist habits I'm unable to finish any fanfictions I begin. I'm buckling down on one now though, after almost losing it on a corrupted flash drive I am determined not to abandon it again. Unfortunately though not all my writing and other work could be salvaged but what is currently important to me was.

I've got a rap sheet of being misread on the internet but I'm harmless. Just politely explain the problem if you think a post of mine is out of line. It will help me to see where I went wrong and I'll understand, apologize and we'll be done because 99.99% of the time I don't even realize when I sound rude. If you just scold me for being rude that teaches me nothing and will only result in my biting back. Got it? Good.

So that's pretty much all you need to know. Gosh these cartoons bring back a lot of memories.

PostPosted: Sunday, August 03rd, 2014 - 12:25:45 
Animaniac

Favorite Character(s): Fifi La Fume and Rita
Welcome to your new home! :D

When I start on something, I try my best to finish it. ;)

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

PostPosted: Sunday, August 03rd, 2014 - 17:44:17 
Comedy Beat

Thank you very much. :)

PostPosted: Sunday, August 03rd, 2014 - 22:15:52 
Animaniac

Favorite Character(s): Plucky,Hamton,SweetieDizzy etc
Good to have you here. Great choice of a name too by the way, I always did love Rita and Runt. :D I don't think the people who worked on Animaniacs truly understood just how special a thing they had with them. They wouldn't have cut the lovable cat and dog duo after season one if they had.

ImageImage

PostPosted: Sunday, August 03rd, 2014 - 23:11:07 
Musical Score

Favorite Character(s): Babs Bunny, Dot Warner
I hope you enjoy it here! :)

Injun-Joe wrote:
Good to have you here. Great choice of a name too by the way, I always did love Rita and Runt. :D I don't think the people who worked on Animaniacs truly understood just how special a thing they had with them. They wouldn't have cut the lovable cat and dog duo after season one if they had.

What was the reason they gave Rita and Runt the boot anyway :?:

My Twitter page
My DeviantArt page

PostPosted: Sunday, August 03rd, 2014 - 23:56:25 
Musical Score

Favorite Character(s): Babs, Dot, Fifi, Gogo
I think it had to do with paying Bernadette Peters to voice Rita. For some reason people always want to get paid for stuff. :roll: :lol: This limited them to cameo appearances after season 1. A real shame, since Rita had some great songs.

Welcome to the forum! :)

PostPosted: Monday, August 04th, 2014 - 10:03:24 
Animaniac

Favorite Character(s): Plucky,Hamton,SweetieDizzy etc
It always comes down to some executive not willing to pay a little extra cash doesn't it? :| It's especially aggravating when everyone knows that they could more than afford it. :P

ImageImage

PostPosted: Thursday, August 07th, 2014 - 19:53:23 
Comedy Beat

Injun-Joe wrote:

Thank you and agreed, Rita and Runt was my favorite segment re-watching the Animaniacs a couple of years ago with my friends.
Rita has some amazing song numbers and Burnadette Peters' voice is beautiful. Honestly I would have loved to see them get their own series as Pinky and the Brain had.

Injun-Joe wrote:
It always comes down to some executive not willing to pay a little extra cash doesn't it? :| It's especially aggravating when everyone knows that they could more than afford it. :P

Exactly indeed, like Universal Studios removing several original songs they were simply too lazy to pay for from the DVD box sets of one of my favorite 80's/90's shows, Quantum Leap. This including a few songs that were important to a particular episode.

It seems to me that WB mustn't have known how luck they were to have Bernadette Peters if they were unwilling to do what was necessary to keep her on board.