Acme Acres

Welcome Toonsters, to Acme Acres! Your place for all things Tiny Toon Adventures!
It is currently Wednesday, May 24th, 2017 - 02:00:14

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 91 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
 Post subject: Framwinkle's Art Thread
PostPosted: Sunday, June 21st, 2009 - 13:06:42 
Site Admin

Favorite Character(s): Babs Bunny
I'll post what meager works as I have here. Why? Because I can.

"We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission; which is the stage of the darkest periods of human history, the stage of rule by brute force." - Ayn Rand.
http://www.framwinkle.com
Image Image Image

PostPosted: Sunday, June 21st, 2009 - 13:07:02 
Site Admin

This is the character Widget from the show Wow! Wow! Wubbzy! They were both pink rabbits, so I couldn't resist dressing her like Babs. I'm currently working on one of Babs dressed as Widget, but that's proving to be a lot harder, and I don't know when it will be done.

"We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission; which is the stage of the darkest periods of human history, the stage of rule by brute force." - Ayn Rand.
Image Image Image

PostPosted: Sunday, June 21st, 2009 - 13:07:25 
Site Admin

These are a few of my first serious attempt at drawing Babs using the model sheets as a guide.

And this is the first one I tried without a model sheet. It was a mistake to try a profile pic.

Image Image Image

PostPosted: Sunday, June 21st, 2009 - 13:07:43 
Site Admin

My attempt at duplicating a screen capture from the summer vacation movie.

Image Image Image

PostPosted: Sunday, June 21st, 2009 - 13:08:02 
Script

Favorite Character(s): Gogo Dodo
Those are really good, Fram. Certainly better than anything I could do. I paritcularly like your depiction of Widget as Babs, though I seem to think I've seen that one before. You didn't post it on the Cafe at any point did you?

PostPosted: Sunday, June 21st, 2009 - 13:09:20 
Site Admin

Bubbles' Big Brother wrote:
Those are really good, Fram. Certainly better than anything I could do. I paritcularly like your depiction of Widget as Babs, though I seem to think I've seen that one before. You didn't post it on the Cafe at any point did you?

Yes, I've posted all of those on the Cafe, so that's probably where you've seen them. I just need the time now to get the 'Babs as Widget' picture done, as well as figure out how to color the other picutres. Unfortunately, I don't think I really have a program for coloring.

Image Image Image

PostPosted: Sunday, June 21st, 2009 - 13:10:01 
Script

Favorite Character(s): Gogo Dodo
Framwinkle wrote:
I just need the time now to get the 'Babs as Widget' picture done, as well as figure out how to color the other picutres. Unfortunately, I don't think I really have a program for coloring.

Coloring is nice, but I don't mind straight B&W art myself. If you want to, that's cool, but personally I'm good with it as is.

PostPosted: Sunday, June 21st, 2009 - 13:10:37 
Site Admin

Bubbles' Big Brother wrote:
Framwinkle wrote:
I just need the time now to get the 'Babs as Widget' picture done, as well as figure out how to color the other picutres. Unfortunately, I don't think I really have a program for coloring.

Coloring is nice, but I don't mind straight B&W art myself. If you want to, that's cool, but personally I'm good with it as is.

Well, I want to learn to color, so I will eventually. Color is cool! :)

Image Image Image

PostPosted: Sunday, June 21st, 2009 - 13:10:54 
Sketch

I've seen these elsewhere, but I'm not sure if I commented on them before. Your line work is quite good and that Widget one was classic. Looking forward to seeing how the color turns out.

PostPosted: Sunday, June 21st, 2009 - 13:11:27 
Comedy Beat

Quote:
Why? Because I can.

Reason enough to do anything really.

Also, great sketches. I know I've seen most of these on the Cafe, but they're wroth looking at again. Hopefully the coloration process will be smooth for you.

PostPosted: Sunday, June 21st, 2009 - 13:12:04 
Site Admin

ModernTimes wrote:
Quote:
Why? Because I can.

Reason enough to do anything really.

Also, great sketches. I know I've seen most of these on the Cafe, but they're wroth looking at again. Hopefully the coloration process will be smooth for you.

I'm glad you like them. I did a rough coloration of one of them, but it wasn't a serious attempt. I was kind of sloppy about it, and just swiped a background from the show.

I'd really like to do something where I create my own background, but I'm not sure I can do that yet. I've been trying, but backgrounds seem to elude me, so I may just have to color Babs and be done with it.

Image Image Image

PostPosted: Sunday, June 21st, 2009 - 13:12:21 
Sketch

Heh, your 'rough coloring' beats my stuff when I try. Looking pretty good Fram.

PostPosted: Sunday, June 21st, 2009 - 13:12:47 
Comedy Beat

I actually like the effect in that picture. Swiped background or not, it looks great.

PostPosted: Sunday, June 21st, 2009 - 13:13:20 
Site Admin

Oh, I suppose I should also include the 2009 Tiny Toons wall calendar that I made. I couldn't find any calendars that I liked this year, so I made my own.

http://www.framwinkle.com/tta/2009TTAWC/2009TTAWC.html

Image Image Image

PostPosted: Sunday, June 21st, 2009 - 13:13:34 
Sketch

Now that is cool. Nice detail you put into it too. From the looks of it, the background picture (underneath the calendar) and the pics filling the gaps are all from a different episode each month? Heh, I'd wager it's better than what some professionals could come up with. Well done.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 91 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next