Acme Acres

Welcome Toonsters, to Acme Acres! Your place for all things Tiny Toon Adventures!
It is currently Sunday, July 23rd, 2017 - 06:35:22

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wednesday, June 25th, 2014 - 17:22:50 
Animaniac

Favorite Character(s): Fifi La Fume and Rita
The sketch looks nice too.

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

PostPosted: Saturday, August 16th, 2014 - 08:12:05 
Comedy Beat

Location: I think I live on the Earth... I ain't quite sure, hmmm...
Favorite Character(s): Babs
Okay, so I have a lot of updates now to make up for the lack of updates during the summer. Here goes...

I was supposed to be almost, if not finished with the storyboard for Smashing Fun by the end of the summer. I got hurt right in the beginning of the summer and was unable to work on most things including Smashing Fun. So instead of being at the end of the storyboard/animatic process, I’m more towards the middle and it looks like I’m going to be stuck there for a while.

School started back where I am this Monday and on the first day of school we already had assignments to do and homework just a peg above where we were last year. Not only did we have homework though, I had a project due by the end of the week and I had 3 tests to take Friday. To top that that all off, we have a Senior Project that will span the entire school year. There's a lot to do and just the manual to tell you everything required of it is 96 pages long.

That said, Smashing Fun has been put on hiatus until December when I have more time to work on it. In the meantime, I might still work on animation test once things let up a bit at school but I’m not gonna sacrifice my grades to work on the cartoon.

As for the Plucky Duck animation test that was supposed to come out in early July, I bought a laptop and with it a microphone. However whenever I did Plucky's lateral lisp in the mic, it made a loud popping sound when played back. I gotta get a better mic.

Anyway, thanks for all the support, I’ll see you next animation test.

PostPosted: Saturday, August 16th, 2014 - 17:03:43 
Animaniac

Favorite Character(s): Plucky,Hamton,SweetieDizzy etc
School takes a LOT of our youth away, and really how much of what we're taught in school actually comes in handy in everyday life? Surprisingly, not that much. :roll:

ImageImage

PostPosted: Friday, September 19th, 2014 - 15:41:18 
Toon

Favorite Character(s): Babs and Fifi
that prtty cool

I actually liked a theft of funny to bad it never got finished

PostPosted: Saturday, December 06th, 2014 - 09:26:33 
Comedy Beat

Location: I think I live on the Earth... I ain't quite sure, hmmm...
Favorite Character(s): Babs
Hey everyone, I said I would give the next update around December so here it is. My senior project along with other responsibilities at school has led to me having almost no free time to work on anything big such as Smashing Fun. With me going to college next year I have absolutely no idea if I will have any free time and when this project will be completed. That said, there is some hope. I found someone at my school interested in animation and he said that once I teach him how to animate he’d be willing to help me on this. That means I am no longer the only person doing everything.

However, this doesn’t mean that this relives a lot of the stuff I have to do when it comes to making this cartoon happen. I am still the lead animator, background artist, storyboard artist, writer, script editor, digital colorist, background colorist, video editor, and voice director. That’s a lot.

So, with everything I’ve said above, concerning the cartoon one of two things are going to happen…

Best case scenario: the cartoon is completed in animated form with all vocals and music included but the animation quality is cut in half or reduced from what it would’ve been. When I say that, I don’t mean that I’ll have stick figures. I mean that there won’t be as much motion as I originally wanted there to be. Instead of the cartoon being the fully animated masterpiece I had hoped for, some things will take shortcuts. For example, I now know how to animate lip movements perfectly so they match the dialogue which is what I was going to do for Smashing Fun but now all dialogue unless I want to emphasis something, will be done with anime styled lip movements (3 individual frames reused and re-synced to match dialogue) similar to the Christmas cartoon but implemented much better. There will be more shots of characters talking and not moving then I wanted there to be and fluid, crisp motion will be reserved for big scenes or the more humorous scenes. No cuts will be made to the 7-8 minute running time and no scenes will be taken out. It just won’t be as well animated as it was going to be.

Worse case scenario: I am not going to scrap this project. I have invested too much time to seeing this through and it will be completed in some form. That brings me to what I’m going to do for the worse case scenario. Worse case, the cartoon gets transformed into an animatic with all the dialogue, sound effects, and music remaining intact. It’s not what I wanted but this is a possibility.

So with all that said, the release date for Smashing Fun is now up in the air with an indefinite completion time. I’d like to thank all of you on here that have supported me through this project.

Merry Christmas! I’ll keep you guys updated. :)