Acme Acres

Welcome Toonsters, to Acme Acres! Your place for all things Tiny Toon Adventures!
It is currently Friday, July 21st, 2017 - 10:34:38

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Saturday, September 21st, 2013 - 14:37:30 
Animaniac

Favorite Character(s): Fifi La Fume and Rita
How can all episodes be your favorite?

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

PostPosted: Saturday, September 21st, 2013 - 15:46:09 
Musical Score

Favorite Character(s): Babs Bunny, Dot Warner
Here are a few of mine:

Fields of Honey
    Animaniacs! (the episode, not the show)
    Buster and Babs Go Hawaiian
    The Acme Acres Zone (and its sequel)

My Twitter page
My DeviantArt page

PostPosted: Saturday, September 21st, 2013 - 19:50:55 
Animaniac

Favorite Character(s): Plucky,Hamton,SweetieDizzy etc
Alright, I'll play! :D These are some of my all time favorites, in no particular order.

The Horror of Slumber Party Mountain: It's a tremendous entry that makes for a great Halloween tradition. Plus, it's a rare instance of the Tiny Toons gang not really putting on a "show" and just being themselves. ;) It's something the show really could've used more of.

Kon Ducki: What more could I say about this episode that hasn't already been said? 8-) It's a must for any Tiny Toons collection. A lofty example of what TTA was at it's VERY best! If you haven't seen this one, then you're missing out big time my friend.

How Sweetie It Is!: A three prong tribute to one of Tiny Toon's funniest, yet most underrated characters. I can't really decide which one of the three shorts in this episode is the best, because they're all special in their own way. :lol: The ending hints that other small time characters were going to get their own episodes, but it didn't work out that way sadly. :roll:

I'll post some more of my favorites soon. :?

ImageImage

Last edited by Injun-Joe on Tuesday, September 24th, 2013 - 16:45:54, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Saturday, September 21st, 2013 - 20:13:20 
Animaniac

Thirteensomething.

I'll be back with more.

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

PostPosted: Saturday, September 21st, 2013 - 23:18:03 
Musical Score

Favorite Character(s): Babs Bunny, Dot Warner
Here's all of my favorites in no particular order. Sorry if it's too lengthy.

The Acme Acres Zone: Three really weird stories together in one episode. What more is there to love?

Fields of Honey: I like the fact that Bosko and Honey were very prominent characters in this one.

Animaniacs!: This one had probably the most fourth-wall breaking plot of the entire series. Cartoon characters telling us how they make a cartoon show. Brilliant! :D The animation festival at the end was probably the most surreal this show ever got.

Who Bopped Bugs Bunny?: This episode I don't hear very much about. Due to that, it's very underrated. In case you forgot, Daffy was framed for having "bopped" Bugs Bunny when in reality it was this forgotten cartoon star named Stanley the Elephant. Stanley was a real interesting villain. I wish they would've used him in more episodes. Sadly, that never came to be. :(

Tiny Toons Music Television: Probably one of the most popular episodes of the series. This is the one where they abandoned the regular format and gave us some music videos. The first two, Instanbul (Not Constantinople) and Particle Man, are the best ones on the show.

The Return to the Acme Acres Zone: Another episode with three more weird stories. I especially like the last short "Duck Dodgers Jr."

K-ACME TV: A collection of television parodies. What's not to love?

Acme Cable TV: Same as above.

Buster and Babs Go Hawaiian: The episode written by those three teenage girls. This one actually has some great gags to it, really.

Kon Ducki: Ah, mango juice!

Thirteensomething: This is probably the best episode of the series. Great plot, great characterization, great gags. I love the ending.

Two-Tone Town: I love how ironic it is that the show really was replaced by a trio of thirties characters (technically). :lol:

It's a Wonderful Tiny Toons Christmas Special: In my opinion, this is the most heart-breaking episode of the series. :( It's a cliched plot, yet it played like a very original story. It's also heart-breaking in that it was the final episode. :lol:

And finally...

How I Spent My Vacation: It probably doesn't qualify for an episode, but this is probably the best direct-to-video movie there is. We get to see Buster, Babs, Plucky, Hamton, and the whole rest of the gang and their summer vacations. Really cleverly written.

My Twitter page
My DeviantArt page

PostPosted: Sunday, September 22nd, 2013 - 11:14:58 
Animaniac

I think we have something special going on here. Here's some more of my favorites, again in no particular order.

Night Ghoulery: The show itself had ended, but Night Ghoulery proved that TTA still had more than enough wind left in it's sales. Man oh man did they pull out all the stops for this one. :lol: Like "The Horror of Slumber Party Mountain" it's perfect for Halloween gatherings.(Hey! Why not make it a double feature? 8-)) Tiny Toon Adventures really knew how to do Halloween right didn't they? It was their bread and butter, no doubt about it. :twisted:

Her Wacky Highness/Thirteen Something: These two fall on the lower end of my favorites list, but they're still great. I put them together too because they essentially tell the same story, only from different angles.(Babs needs Tiny Toons and Tiny Toons needs Babs)"Thirteen Something" does it from a teenager's standpoint while "Her Wacky Highness" does it from a more universal one. Which is why I tend to favor "Wacky Highness" slightly over the other. Besides, Wacky Land is an infinitely more fascinating setting to begin with. ;)

Hollywood Plucky: Oh good gosh! How could you not love this one?! The gags, the references, the celebrity cameos, the impersonations!!! Plucky's Michael Jackson dance is one of the indisputable high points of the entire series! :mrgreen: This is one of those extremely rare episodes where I couldn't think of anything bad to say about if I tried. This was a playful jab at Hollywood during the very last era in which it was worth a darn. 8-) Also, if you're a fan of the comedy duo of Plucky and Hamton, then this is an outing for you!

I'll try to list the rest of my favorites when I have time to do so. :oops:

ImageImage

PostPosted: Sunday, September 22nd, 2013 - 11:36:58 
Animaniac

Acme Cable TV.

Love the Roseanne and couch potato references.

And Weekday Afternoon Live.

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

PostPosted: Monday, September 23rd, 2013 - 16:02:01 
Animaniac

Here are some more of mine... :)

The Acme Bowl: I love me a good football match, don't you? :D This episode poked fun at just about every aspect of the old tradition of the big school vs school football game. Roderick Rat was at his best in this outing, never again would he be this villainous and intimidating.(which is a huge shame. :|) It's just a really great feel good episode and it gives me loads of nostalgia for those cool and breezy Fall nights when my family and I would head on over to my high school to cheer on the hometeam. :mrgreen:

Sepulveda Boulevard: TTA had a nack for referencing things without the slightest fear of whether or not the kids at home would "get it". :lol: This is one of the reasons why they were a hit with adults as well as children. A parody of legendary film noir classic "Sunset Boulevard", this episode is as dramatic as it is hilarious. :D Also, Hamton plays a suprisingly convincing and menacing villain here.(is there any roll this pig can't play well? :shock:)

Batduck/Just-us League of Super Toons/Batduck Returns: These three are something else. :) Yes, I know that they started the DC crossover thing with "Super Babs". While that cartoon was okay, they really didn't get the ball rolling until the laugh riot that was "Batduck" came along. The only downside about this trio of comic book based awesomeness is that they could've so easily done more with the TTA cast as DC characters. They could've made fun of the "Crisis" story arcs and such! :ugeek: But no, we can't do something fun like that! We gotta give the flea family another whole episode to themselves. :x

ImageImage

Last edited by Injun-Joe on Thursday, October 24th, 2013 - 11:19:19, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Wednesday, September 25th, 2013 - 13:26:48 
Animaniac

Yet some more of my favorites, This is where my picks are going to get a little controversial.

Prom-ise Her Anything: This one has traditionally been a fan favorite and it's not hard to see why. Out of all the TTA episodes that had dealt with relationships, this is one of the very few to have a pure genuineness to it. You get a real sense that this is how the various characters at Acme Loo truely felt about each other. :D It's a highly monumental episode for numerous reasons and at least deserves mention in anyone's top Tiny Toon episodes lists. ;)

Hero Hamton: One of the very earliest episodes to ever be animated. The fans have always been split on this one, which is perfectly understandable. You can tell that they were desperately trying to emulate Bob Clampett's style here. 8-) Sometimes it works(the Gogo chase/the whole scene between Plucky, Monty and Hamton in the hallway) and sometimes it doesn't(the first scene in Porky Pig's classroom)For me, the entirety of the climactic showdown(last third of the episode) and it's aftermath, more than make up for any technical short comings anyone could point out. :mrgreen:

Citizen Max: Hardboiled ace reporter Hamton J. Pig is our guide through this wonderful parody of the cinematic masterpiece "Citizen Kane". :lol: These lampoons of classic Hollywood films were always so unbelievably stellar. It's just a shame that they didn't do more of them. "It Happend One Night", "The Day The Earth Stood Still", "Vertigo", "The Maltese Falcon", "Seven Brides For Seven Brothers", the possibilities are literally endless! :idea: and just think of all the possible casting and screentime they could've given to lesser characters in some of them, one can only dream. :roll:

ImageImage

PostPosted: Tuesday, October 08th, 2013 - 11:51:42 
Animaniac

I've realised that I have a boat load of favorites when it comes to this show. :) They just keep on a comin'!

Buster and The Wolverine: I think the main reason why I love this one so much is because of just how different it is. An odd yet interesting combination of characters, a totally whacked out premise, and the one and only time that Furball ever spoke with his real voice. :o I get a real kick out of the interactions between the members of Buster's little band and the Wolverine was a fantastic villain. :D Also, the animation is surprisingly good in several parts, very cartoony in a early to mid 1940's era Looney Tunes sort of way.........and Elmyra is bald! :lol:

How I spent My Vacation: Everything from deliverance to Superman and everything else in between, it all gets referenced and parodied in this, the only full length feature film TTA ever produced. :mrgreen: The road trip from your deepest, darkest nightmares, Summer fashions, even the movie theaters get a sound mocking in this! This movie also features by far, the most intriguing Fifi centered story the show ever did, and she showed a great deal of character growth here that thankfully stayed fairly consistent for the remainder of the show's run.(Fifi really wasn't chasing "skunk-hunks" much anymore after this film) My personal favorite however, is seeing Fowlmouth finally get some decent screentime, this movie really proved just how funny he truely was. 8-) They really could've done so much with him in the actual series. :cry: I'm running a little long here, so I'll just say, there's too much to love about this film to put into words, if you haven't seen it yet then what the heck are you waiting for :?: :!:

Journey to The Center of Acme Acres: I aways like watching this episode at night. I don't know why, maybe because it takes place at night? It's just the vibe it gives off I suppose. :P This is another of the more personal favorites of mine, but there's a lot of great jokes and laughs to be had here. One of the best examples of how rotton Montana Max can get. Season one did a ton of sci-fi based episodes, but this one was pulled off more nicely than most the others. ;) Got to love the Clampett gremlins! :D

ImageImage

PostPosted: Tuesday, October 08th, 2013 - 14:18:13 
Animaniac

Best O' Plucky Day

For an obnoxious, green duck, he's got acting talent. :)

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

PostPosted: Wednesday, October 09th, 2013 - 19:30:55 
Colored Cell

Favorite Character(s): Bimbette Skunkette
Any episode that has Fifi in it hehe. Yes, I still have a huge crush on her, but can ya blame me? :-p

Some of my FAVORITE MLP:FiM characters Image Image Image

And some of my favorite characters Image
Image Image Image

PostPosted: Wednesday, November 06th, 2013 - 21:42:23 
Script

Favorite Character(s): Babs Bunny
-Her Wacky Highness
-Starting from Scratch
-Life in the Nineties
-Animaniacs!
-Acme Cable TV
-Washingtoon
-Sports shorts

PostPosted: Thursday, November 07th, 2013 - 12:20:29 
Animaniac

The episodes with the music videos.

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

PostPosted: Sunday, June 28th, 2015 - 14:50:59 
Toon

Favorite Character(s): Babs, Plucky
My favorites are Born to be Riled, Kon Ducki, Plucky's Dasterdly deed, and Acme Cable TV.